Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dead-Heading South
Tio Rocky
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 07:23 AM
Dead-Heading South

I presently live and play here in Ensenada but this July I am planning on relocating to La Paz. Question is, how do I get my stuff to La Paz without it costing me an arm and a leg.

Someone mentioned in passing that there were trucks (large tractor trailer type) that head down south empty and come back loaded? Does any one out there know where I might start looking for a truck dead heading to La Paz?

Any and all info would be appreciated.

Tio Rocky

Helpful Resources:
La Paz Directory: www.inlapaz.com
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 07:51 AM

I have been involved in trucking and shipping Here in the past . and I know that most trucks going south are loaded. it is easy to git an empty going north. if you check with some of the shippers some times they will have a truck that has some room and you can git a cheep rate . but most don't want to mess with personal belongings because of the hassles at the road checks.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Tio Rocky
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 07:58 AM
missing something?

I was under the thinking that road checks heading south would be less of a hassle then those going north? I am also assuming that moving ones household goods should not be much of an issue?. I will be with the common law Mexican wife who would state everything is hers and we would be in separate cars?

I?m I messing something here :?:

Tio Rocky

Helpful Resources:
Tio Rocky
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 09:30 AM
Hose A

She reminds me of that everyday:lol::lol::lol:

Helpful Resources:
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 09:31 AM

If you are moving from Ensenada and you are not Mexican you have to have proof of importation for all your belongings to bring them south...I say this for others who might read this post . ...not for you Rocky. However you might need some sort of documentation, you should check with a trucking company. I would guess that anything on a semi has to have some sort of paper work for the driver when they go through the checkpoints.
As for empty trucks coming south>>>>>why? To pick up jr's bamboo? Sorry jr, couldnt resist! They are more likely to be empty going north.
Looking forward to seeing you in the best part of Baja......Sur!

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tio Rocky
I was under the thinking that road checks heading south would be less of a hassle then those going north? I am also assuming that moving ones household goods should not be much of an issue?. I will be with the common law Mexican wife who would state everything is hers and we would be in separate cars?

I?m I messing something here :?:

Tio Rocky

for tourists yes but for truckers no

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

cristobal
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 11:40 AM
Tio Rocky ...

I hitched a ride heading NORTH last year from SAN IGNACIO on an 18 WHEELER. The driver left La PAZ ... thursday morning ... stopped and picked up TOMATOES and BELL PEPPERS and GREEN CHILIS in CONSTITUCION ... drove straight thru to TIJUANA where he arrived friday morning. He dropped his trailer in a lot where there were other 18 WHEELERS .... on the 4 lane hwy that runs right along the border ... probably a couple of miles WEST of the OTAY MESA crossing. He slept in his NEW-looking ... WHITE ...VOLVO tractor before returning to LA PAZ with an empty trailer saturday morning around 8:00 AM.
I asked him if I could pay him to take a load of mine to SAN IGNACIO .... since he ALWAYS returns with an EMPTY trailer. He thought that was a great idea to make a few PESOS on the return trip.:bounce:
I do NOT think it would be that hard to find him.
He runs the same route ....... every week ..... over and over again .....:wow::wow:

Good luck ...

:wow::D:yes:;):P:P

[Edited on 4-15-2005 by cristobal]
Tio Rocky
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 12:06 PM

Cristobal

That?s pretty much the way I heard it but I?m guessing it?s a Seasonal thing ? winter months head south empty, summer months head north empty?.

Just a guess?

Tio Rocky

[Edited on 4-15-2005 by Tio Rocky]

Helpful Resources:
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-15-2005 at 07:57 PM

If all else fails call Mickeys trucking TJ & La Paz 01 664 6455330 645 5330
Ask for Roberto he will be able to help you but will charge you.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.