BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Help! Where can I get a diesel oil change in LaPaz?
bajabob
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2024 at 09:38 PM
Help! Where can I get a diesel oil change in LaPaz?

Hello Nomads,
Does anybody have any recommendations on a shop where I can get the oil in my truck (Ford F350 diesel) changed? I'd like to find a shop that is familiar with diesel and carries a diesel specific oil (I use Rotella Synthetic but any diesel synthetic oil will do).

Also, does anybody know where I can get Melita #4 coffee filters in Loreto? None in Santa Rosalia, Mulege or Loreto to my knowledge.

Thanks in advance!
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2024 at 10:07 AM

I used Google Maps to find a place in La Paz for an oil change.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2024 at 10:57 AM

Wal- mart often has Rotella. If not the Quaker state distributor is on abasolo street (same street as the malicon,just west a few blocks)and carry an enormous selection of lubes and
I might recommend that you supply the oil and filter. AND hang out whilst the work is being performed. Make sure they grease ALL zerks.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2024 at 11:29 AM

Lots of different shops in La Paz. Just look on Google Maps and drive around to a couple. They will be near each other.

You don't need to bring the oil. Maybe the filter, but I'm sure you can find one that has the filter.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 4-3-2024 at 11:56 AM

Super Ley is probably your best bet. I've always brought some down with me so I am not much help.
bajabob
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2024 at 11:59 AM

https://maps.app.goo.gl/4AatenxrnzgvxEqo9?g_st=ic

Went here and they had diesel oil and filter. Good friendly service. Thanks for the help
bajabob
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2024 at 05:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
Super Ley is probably your best bet. I've always brought some down with me so I am not much help.

@Bajamama thanks we found some at Walmart, unbelievable how many places we looked for them.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-4-2024 at 06:01 PM

I wish I knew last week that you needed Melita filters. My coffee maker died and I probably had a hundred or more of those cones in my cupboard. For what it is worth, I bought mine at a Costco in the US for a fraction of what the name brand cones sell for.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2024 at 08:20 PM

Melitta also makes a reusable fine mesh filter, which eliminates the need to look for and buy the paper filters.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.