BajaNomad

Forum Psycological and physiological implications

Sharksbaja - 6-21-2005 at 12:57 PM

There might be WAY MORE+++ use for this forum than meets the proverbial eye. It looks to uncover in some, a talent not well exercisized in our normal daily affairs. It may unearth an artist or an expert on geology. Out comes a philantropist and a homeopathic healer. It is truly a cross-section of knowledge and experience. Noting the average age of 52 (my age) times the number of Nomads equals a huge resource . A resource that exceeds.

The poet, skindiver, off-roader or community volunteer, it seems not to matter. The emphasis is on "DO" it in Baja and to bring it out or keep it alive in this Nomad Forum.

WE all glean something from others here. To say not would be pompous. WE all(with the exception of a few)have something of benefit to our brethren.
I may not always agree, but some posts have changed my opinions and the way I look at some things now. The feedback here is certainly "in your face" reporting and it bothers some. I wish that some were not so fixed in their views, but that also is what keeps us thinking. ALL THOSE TOPICS> HOLY COW, we should be informed. Better than FOX news!:lol:

I like it. Being informed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Edited on 6-24-2005 by Sharksbaja]

Sharks

Skeet/Loreto - 6-21-2005 at 01:21 PM

Good Words!

Sharks the thing that insterest me is the People and where they are coming from and Why.

Why does ND, BB, JR post and respond in the manner in which they Do???

I also search for the Reasoning behind what that Person may be writing.
There are many on this Board who do not want to have their background known, it casues difficulty in "Figuring out where they are coming from!!

That may be the reson so many Post with others Quotes.

I try to learn something each day of my Life, and you can sure learn some things that are hard to beleive!!

Skwwt/Loreto

surfer jim - 6-21-2005 at 03:07 PM

Way over my head...I just want some waves....;)

Hey Skeet

jrbaja - 6-21-2005 at 03:19 PM

I post the way I do because I have hopes that the patriotically blinded arrogant P-nche gringos that seem to be taking over Baja these days might show a little respect for the humans who live here.
If you don't understand that, well, you had better go to confession! Or take drugs, or something to open your eyes.
This isn't the Baja that you knew my friend and it is becoming quite serious. After all, why did you leave?

Jr

Skeet/Loreto - 6-21-2005 at 03:31 PM

JR I am sure you read the Post on why I left.

Yes it is not the Baja I knew and it will never be the Baja you Want!!!!
JR I seem to read in your eyes the ability to know when you are "Shoveling S t aganist the Wind!!
Change your direction and energy and keep helping the People who you and I both Love. Use your engery for those in need as the Mountain Folk are and remember the iso;lated spots that you and I both know where to go and Hide when it gets so bad we cannot stand another Ugly americano!!!

There has been a real lack of teaching the fundmentals to the Youngins , all you have to do is read the Slop spewed forth in the Senate.

Somtimes there are people who go to Baja for the love of the country and its People, others to SMOKE DOPE, go Nude, and take from the people. How Sad!

Skeet/Loreto

Praise the Lord

jrbaja - 6-21-2005 at 03:42 PM

I am also a firm believer that the patriotically blinded seem to think that if there's a problem, ignore it! I say screw that and throw it out in the open to discuss. Obviously the coup groupers don't want to hear anything negative about themselves but screw that too!
Most aren't intelligent enough to have a discussion or debate to try and come up with solutions but I recieve enough support from the humans that I feel I have done some good to help open eyes. Give it a try sometime when you aren't in church.:light:

Osprey - 6-21-2005 at 03:45 PM

Sharks, I feel I haven't done enough philosophizin'. You got me stoked so I'll start now with a sage quote you can live your life by " Walk stickly and carry a big soft".

And speaking of ignoring

jrbaja - 6-21-2005 at 03:47 PM

That seems to be exactly what your wonderful Dr. Hibbif did when we were helping Aaron.
Who is now doing incredibly well. But as far as taking donations to him, mine go to the people in the mountains who really need them and I know they get them rather than being sold!

TMW - 6-21-2005 at 04:45 PM

["I know they get them rather than being sold!"]

JR are you saying Dr. Hibbif is selling the donations or are you just making a general statement.

dono - 6-21-2005 at 05:10 PM

Sharks, right on.

What a Load of Caca

MrBillM - 6-21-2005 at 06:08 PM

Talk about pompous asses, there are obviously a whole bunch of people here who take their mission in life and this forum WAY too seriously. This is all for play. Nothing anybody says on this forum is going to change anything in a meaningful way. If you're that serious about life, Baja or otherwise, go do SOMETHING. Volunteer in support of your favorite cause. If your written profundity had any value, you'd be making a living at it.

I'm going to open another cerveza and drive down for a dip in the ocean in support of my favorite cause (me).

There you go again Bill

jrbaja - 6-21-2005 at 06:29 PM

you being semi new apparently aren't aware that a little boy was helped, a number of needed donations were sent to the mountains, and cases of repellants were sent down south when they were out and dengue was attacking. All because of caring humans on this forum.
It certainly didn't make you any money so I understand where you are coming from!
Why don't you go clean one of your weapons or something to be prepared for the boogie men you are so worried about.:lol:

Tommy A - 6-21-2005 at 06:30 PM

This thread is off topic crap, why don't you guys put it there and give us all
a break from this bull!

TW

jrbaja - 6-21-2005 at 06:31 PM

I was generalizing because that was brought up by some a long time ago.
But, I don't take donations to gringo places or big cities where they already have access to getting things.

Tommy A

jrbaja - 6-21-2005 at 06:33 PM

did you ever consider not reading if it bothers you? Or maybe posting something of interest yourself if you are capable!

Tommy A - 6-21-2005 at 06:37 PM

TO JR

Hey ****** look at my past post they are all about baja not this kind of crap!

[Edited on 8-12-2005 by BajaNomad]

Not interested in a tourists view thanks

jrbaja - 6-21-2005 at 06:44 PM

And I like mine scrambled since you seem to be a member of the "group". Howz bola these days?:barf:

[Edited on 6/22/2005 by jrbaja]

Sharksbaja - 6-21-2005 at 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tommy A
This thread is off topic crap, why don't you guys put it there and give us all
a break from this bull!

They are PERFECTLY ON-TOPIC

So you're saying that we're not on topic. Baja and it's orphanages and people who actually give a sh*t or more, that are Americans or residents is not relevant?
So our voice during the learning process about Baja and with these Nomads is irrelevant.
Every post on this thread pertains. Show me where it doesn't. Whether or not u like the skirmish, is what is irrelevent.

yankeeirishman - 6-21-2005 at 06:48 PM

Why the hell cant someone just post his or her writings here and that is that? I posted ?Flaming and trolling. A promise to stop.? last week and what happens? It?s turns into a damn debate about the Broncos and the Raiders football teams! So much for me trying to be a sport here!
Sharksbaja post here is (from what I gathered) is all positive promotion of the BajaNomads forums. Not that I agree with all his stuff (postings)...but this one made alot of sense. This wasn?t some knucklehead post. Let's not over run this post with non sense (like football talk)!

We need another topic listing: DEBATE! Take the fights to the arena.

bajaden - 6-21-2005 at 06:53 PM

Jr, you crack me up. Your the only person I know who's trys to change the way people think by hitting them in the head with a brick, calling them ignorant and then tooting your own horn. Actually, I don't know you, and you don't know me, and you probably don't know most of the people on the forum. Personally I mean. Yet you make judgements about those people. What I do in life, and whether or how I help people is no ones business but mine. I could be Mother Terresa or I could be Hitler. My point is Jr, that you post. You must do it for a reason. You either want to convince people that your an arrogant ass or your really trying to change the way people think. I mean sometimes you get so busy attacking people that I don't know what your point is. I guess Im just one of those ignorant people..

By the way sharksy, I thought you made a great post. Don't take that too much to heart, because Im just an ignorant sucker.

Its no fun having a battle of wits with unarmed people

This is no fight

jrbaja - 6-21-2005 at 06:53 PM

Just the usual cackle from a certain well known group.

David K - 6-21-2005 at 06:54 PM

Boys, boys... You can sure tell when it's a FULL MOON!!!

JR, please don't put down people who love Baja if they don't live there... Come to think of it MrBillM lives in Baja, and you still aren't happy with his posts either...

Can't we all just get along???:light:

You will notice

jrbaja - 6-21-2005 at 07:01 PM

I have never started a fight on here. I'm sure the pubically educated on here take what I say personally as they should. But, when my name is mentioned, especially compared with ND, and by a religious fanatic of all things, I tend to respond.
If the whiners can't take it, they are probably the drunken louts I see in Tios that I generalize about.

I believe...

Sharksbaja - 6-21-2005 at 07:11 PM

or I would like to believe that they are replying in order to prop up what the post would mean to them. Exactly where a part of my point was illustated here.
Even people who dispise this type of discussion learn something or it inspires them to speak. Problem being, the context may not be to their liking so they just spew and downplay the thread. That's ok. That's how they play.

i never knew...

eetdrt88 - 6-21-2005 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
JR I am sure you read the Post on why I left.

Yes it is not the Baja I knew and it will never be the Baja you Want!!!!
JR I seem to read in your eyes the ability to know when you are "Shoveling S t aganist the Wind!!
Change your direction and energy and keep helping the People who you and I both Love. Use your engery for those in need as the Mountain Folk are and remember the iso;lated spots that you and I both know where to go and Hide when it gets so bad we cannot stand another Ugly americano!!!

There has been a real lack of teaching the fundmentals to the Youngins , all you have to do is read the Slop spewed forth in the Senate.

Somtimes there are people who go to Baja for the love of the country and its People, others to SMOKE DOPE, go Nude, and take from the people. How Sad!

Skeet/Loreto
smoking dope and going nude is bad....i knew there was a reason i was so f***** up.....:lol::lol::lol:

Eli - 6-21-2005 at 07:32 PM

I too, have often wondered what with my own views that are not exactly about Baja or fishing or fun stuff so to speak, gee, I don't know what I am doing on the Baja Nomad board. All, I can say is I feel I have made many friends here, and they keep encouraging me to come back with my off the wall stuff, and I guess those don't like it, basically leave me alone and I just kind of got comfortable here, feels like home.

Anyway, any time Doug sez enough is enough than of course I will shut up. Or, if a special forum is created, I will be happy to move out of the general populas. Ya sabes, Sara

[Edited on 6-22-2005 by Eli]

bajaden - 6-21-2005 at 07:42 PM

Jr how did you know I was at Tio's? Next time say hi and I'll buy you a cervesa. Im the ignorant looking one.
Sharky I agree with almost everything you say. Thats pretty scarry. Great Post.......

Come back little Eli, come back......

Go Sharks!

zforbes - 6-21-2005 at 07:45 PM

You made a good point about this forum being a good learning arena. Hundreds of individual postings about plants, fish, insects and how to go about getting around has been really helpful. I've also learned a lot about how different people play together and handle conflict. I've really enjoyed observing the different styles people have of getting their points across. When my buttons get pushed, it's usually around a values issue, which gets me to pulling those out for examination. Not a bad return for the time & thought invested. Thanks for pointing that out. Zoe

Jr

Skeet/Loreto - 6-21-2005 at 07:59 PM

JR I was just pulling your String, sorry if your Panties got in a bunch.

Skeet?Loreto

surfer jim - 6-21-2005 at 08:02 PM

wake my up when it is over.....:yawn:

Sr. Skeet

jrbaja - 6-21-2005 at 08:59 PM

You succeeded!:lol: Bettern the wood shed though:O

bajapablo - 6-21-2005 at 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by yankeeirishman
Why the hell cant someone just post his or her writings here and that is that? I posted ?Flaming and trolling. A promise to stop.? last week and what happens? It?s turns into a damn debate about the Broncos and the Raiders football teams! So much for me trying to be a sport here!
Sharksbaja post here is (from what I gathered) is all positive promotion of the BajaNomads forums. Not that I agree with all his stuff (postings)...but this one made alot of sense. This wasn?t some knucklehead post. Let's not over run this post with non sense (like football talk)!

Yankee, as a Bronco fan who once dated a girl in high school because her parents had season tickets (just kidding, that's not the only reason), I promise you that if you put up ANY raider nation bullcrap you will get a response. On the other hand, I have never got after you for your posts and I read most of them and appreciate some of them, just take the bronco remarks to your picture as the jest that it was. Remember, Peace, Love, and Denver Broncos. By the way, I hope you don't like the Yankees.;)

roundtuit - 6-21-2005 at 09:32 PM

Trolling---Trolling ---Trolling.... Keep those baits a rolling
:spingrin::spingrin::spingrin::spingrin:

The Gull - 6-21-2005 at 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajapablo
Quote:
Originally posted by yankeeirishman

Yankee, as a Bronco fan who once dated a girl in high school because her parents had season tickets (just kidding, that's not the only reason), I promise you that if you put up ANY raider nation bullcrap you will get a response. On the other hand, I have never got after you for your posts and I read most of them and appreciate some of them, just take the bronco remarks to your picture as the jest that it was. Remember, Peace, Love, and Denver Broncos. By the way, I hope you don't like the Yankees.;)

If California invests in a stadium around LA will we see the LA Raiders again? BTW, Yanker :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

You boys seem to not understand what the "off Topic" forum is for. Once again you drag this carping on until I have to agree with Surfer, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Get on the right part of the board.:o:o:o:o

[Edited on 6-22-2005 by The Gull]

babylon is falling...

eetdrt88 - 6-21-2005 at 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto

Skeet/Loreto
take it easy...

now that we've explored the psyche......

Sharksbaja - 6-21-2005 at 10:59 PM

let's move on (whew...) to the physio angle and it's implications. Thanks for the quanification.
I think from what I've heard that Baja is for even the "pinciest" gringo a healthier environment than that of their former residence and lifestyle. Of course this observation may not apply to the "self-sustaining communities" as they manage to reinvent the same place they left.
Am I correct? Do you transplants feel healthier physically? Mental state is also a key to physical state.So do you think you guys have benefitted or not. Do we get to a healthier state or would that happen anyway if habits changed?
Inspiration from all these travelers to exciting places(to me) drives me to persue these sites and more. Obviously a person who is exploring will be in better shape than a full-time poster.
It seems that Baja begs to be explored while CA. begs to be left alone.

I'll do my part and take out my trash. It takes more energy but I'll manage. Having respect for the sea, the land, and it's people. It will make you a better soul. A healthier soul.:biggrin:

next: socio-implications

Osprey - 6-22-2005 at 06:13 AM

Sharks, Retired here with little to do (except for household chores) I took up writing. It must not have been enough because while my mental state was bordering on the serene I took the time to drink enough alcohol to blow out my liver, enlarge my spleen. Now I have to go through the nasty business of recovery. No booze, no meat, some medicine, a little excersize. On average my retirement has worked out just about the way I thought it would. Probably would have worked out this way if I had retired to Patagonia. All in all, if this was bound to happen, I can't envision a better place for it to happen in.

mulege marv - 6-22-2005 at 07:43 AM

"Somtimes there are people who go to Baja for the love of the country and its People, others to SMOKE DOPE, go Nude, and take from the people. How Sad!"

Skeet/Loreto

so now its the naked people ruining everything ! geez, its always someone else, so if you go nude on a secluded beach you hate the country and take from the people ?
this IS getting "Sad" :moon:

pokey - 6-22-2005 at 08:56 AM

Quote:
Am I correct? Do you transplants feel healthier physically? Mental state is also a key to physical state.So do you think you guys have benefitted or not. Do we get to a healthier state or would that happen anyway if habits changed?

For me... living in Baja has required a serious adaptation to a very different lifestyle. Everything is slower here.
- On line bill pay? forget it! Hell I can't even write a check and pay the bill by mail. Electricity, phone, cable, water all have to be paid in person.
- Can't turn on the faucet and drink the water, I have to go to a store to fill up the garrafones with drinkable water.
-Garbage Will be collected weekly but god only knows which day of the week. And the basureros like to get tips:yes:
-once a month I throw the propane tank in the back of the truck and drive to the filling station to buy natural gas for cooking and hot water.
-driving like an a-hole is normal. But then again I notice the same driving habits in CA when I make the weekly trip to Costco. :fire:
-It's OK for people to play loud music from sun up to the mid-night hours.
- It's not unusual to wait 20 min in the checkout lane at the grocery store. While the senora in front of me debates with the cashier, the price of each item she's purchasing.

I could go on and on, Patience and tolerance are required virtues here. Adapt or go crazy with rage fighting it.

There is more of a live and let live attitude here in Baja. Gossip is endemic but you don't find the "I'm right your wrong, my way is the only way" crowd that is so prevalent in the good ol' U.S..

All in all I'd say it has been a positive experience... so far. I was always in too much of a hurry anyways. It's nice to slow down and smell the proverbial flowers. :cool:

How About Them Yankees............

MrBillM - 6-22-2005 at 09:27 AM

And Padres. What about the John Bolton nomination ? Where do you think that teen's body is in Aruba ? Is it true that Hillary is a Lesbian ? Who do you think will be in the World Cup Finals ? Do you think that the unrest in The Ivory Coast will raise the world price of Chocolate ?

Oh, that's right. It's BAAAADDD to change the subject on a thread. I'm SSSOOOO ashamed and won't EVER do it again.

However, .......................

Bruce R Leech - 6-22-2005 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pokey
Quote:

For me... living in Baja has required a serious adaptation to a very different lifestyle. Everything is slower here.
- On line bill pay? forget it! Hell I can't even write a check and pay the bill by mail. Electricity, phone, cable, water all have to be paid in person.
- Can't turn on the faucet and drink the water, I have to go to a store to fill up the garrafones with drinkable water.
-Garbage Will be collected weekly but god only knows which day of the week. And the basureros like to get tips:yes:
-once a month I throw the propane tank in the back of the truck and drive to the filling station to buy natural gas for cooking and hot water.
-driving like an a-hole is normal. But then again I notice the same driving habits in CA when I make the weekly trip to Costco. :fire:
- It's not unusual to wait 20 min in the checkout lane at the grocery store. While the senora in front of me debates with the cashier, the price of each item she's purchasing.

I could go on and on, Patience and tolerance are required virtues here. Adapt or go crazy with rage fighting it.

There is more of a live and let live attitude here in Baja. Gossip is endemic but you don't find the "I'm right your wrong, my way is the only way" crowd that is so prevalent in the good ol' U.S..

All in all I'd say it has been a positive experience... so far. I was always in too much of a hurry anyways. It's nice to slow down and smell the proverbial flowers. :cool:

Electricity, phone, cable, water can all be paid on the Internet. it is easy I do it every month and also you can do your banking there to

Cincodemayo - 6-22-2005 at 10:23 AM

You can certainly tell that the Michael Jacko trial is over with....:o:o:o
The news media is reporting on some serious issues now.

Cincodemayo - 6-22-2005 at 10:25 AM

Speaking of news...What's the latest gangle on Loreto Bay????:cool:

Football talk is nonsense?!

DanO - 6-22-2005 at 12:05 PM

For some people, it's religion. I'll combine JR's and Surfer Jim's comments into a basic tenet -- if you don't like a post or a thread, ignore it or take a nap (unless it promotes the Denver Broncos, in which case a corrective response is required). Making a big deal about it is like complaining about food that someone else orders in a restaurant. You don't have to order or eat it, and if it's so offensive that you can't even sit in the same room with it, try another restaurant.

For my own part, I'll eat pretty much anything.

Marv.

Skeet/Loreto - 6-22-2005 at 12:13 PM

Please note that I did not post "Secluded Beach", That would be fine but in all Public Places it gets to be to the point of rude.

"Don.t be Rude and Nude at the same time""Respect the other peoples right not to have to look at your hairy Butt, or Drooping Teats.

Skeet/Loreto

El Camote - 6-22-2005 at 01:12 PM

I have a question: If folks are going nude on a public beach, would JR then call that a pubic beach?! :wow:

I find that a close butt shaving and a properly fitted "manziere" will all but eliminate those repulsed stares when I'm beaching sans ropa. :yes:

...only 32 more inane comments until I'm no longer a junior nomad. ;D

oooh. Make that 31!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

[Edited on 6-22-2005 by El Camote]

jrbaja - 6-22-2005 at 01:19 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

pokey - 6-22-2005 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
I find that a close butt shaving and a properly fitted "manziere" will all but eliminate those repulsed stares when I'm beaching sans ropa.

Lol, I find that after enough tequila I don't give a rats ass about those "repulsed stares". :lol:

Bruce R Leech - 6-22-2005 at 02:21 PM

I just love this place:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

pokey - 6-22-2005 at 02:29 PM

Hey Bruce, I did a little research and I found out I can pay CFE and Telnor online. No dice on the cable and water. Can you recommend a Mexican Bank that has online bill pay? Ever use an american bank account to pay Mexican Bills?

Thanks

DanO - 6-22-2005 at 02:41 PM

If that's not a juvenile poster (see other thread), I don't know what is.

Bruce R Leech - 6-22-2005 at 03:25 PM

Quote:
Hey Bruce, I did a little research and I found out I can pay CFE and Telnor online. No dice on the cable and water. Can you recommend a Mexican Bank that has online bill pay? Ever use an american bank account to pay Mexican Bills?

Thanks

on the Banamex website you can pay all :light:

pokey - 6-22-2005 at 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO
if you don't like a post or a thread, ignore it or take a nap

ignore it or take a nap

ignore it or take a nap

eetdrt88 - 6-22-2005 at 04:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
if you don't like a post or a thread, ignore it or take a nap

ignore it or take a nap
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:....can i ignore it and take a nap????can i ignore it and have a beer then take a nap??????can i ignore it,go to the store,have abeer,have a shot,then take a nap????yeah whatever....

Me No - 6-22-2005 at 04:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:

My favorite post of this entire thread. Pokey, I want to buy you a beer some time.

Bruce R Leech - 6-22-2005 at 04:46 PM

Pokey tells it like it is no sugar coting . keep it up Pokey

Pokey try this Banamex site http://www.banamex.com/eng/

[Edited on 6-22-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

Sharksbaja - 6-22-2005 at 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech

[Edited on 6-22-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

So what's your spin on this topic Bruce, aside from the utilities?:?:

Bruce R Leech - 6-22-2005 at 05:31 PM

I think it is nice

[Edited on 6-23-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

:lol:

pokey - 6-22-2005 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
can i ignore it,go to the store,have a beer,have a shot,then take a nap???

Hell, I took my wife and daughters to an empty beach, dug some clams, drank some beer, smoked a bowl and then took a nap:yes: Naps are a good thing

Quote:
Pokey, I want to buy you a beer some time.

It's only fair that I warn you Me No that my body weight consist of %90 beer %5 thc and %5 chewing tobacco. And, oddly enough, I've recently, found myself behind the wheel of a truck, at 3:00 am on a long lonesome highway looking for trout up in the san pedro martir. Beer can do very weird things to some people. :yes:

Quote:

Thanks Bruce. This is what I value most in the Baja Nomads forums. Folks who live in Baja; helping circumnavigate the difference in social/business practices. Thanks again.:O: if your ever up in Ensenada I owe you a Pacifico

Damn right, naps rule!

DanO - 6-22-2005 at 06:10 PM

Yep, nothing beats waking up for c-cktail hour with that late afternoon sleep crease across your face. Heh.

pokey - 6-22-2005 at 06:24 PM

Quote:
Yep, nothing beats waking up for c-cktail hour with that late afternoon sleep crease across your face. Heh.

Missing happy hour is no big deal. Waking up with the roosters is one of the finer moments in life.;D Sleping late is another :P

bajaden - 6-22-2005 at 08:30 PM

Pokey you crack me up. If I'm ever in your neck of the woods the drinks are on me. As far as baja goes, I've been a up tight person all my life. Always had to be doing something, going somewhere. Stumbled into Mulege one day and something changed inside of me. I finally relaxed. I didn't care what day it was or what was on the news. Best feeling I ever had. So I guess you could say I'm in better health. At least mentally. Although some people would disagree.

Hey Bruce, we're leaving on the 2nd of July, so if things go right I'll see you on the 4th.

Sharksbaja

Baja Bernie - 6-22-2005 at 09:45 PM

Wow, this is the 4th page on this wonderful post. I almost remember what your original thought was. Unfortunately, it has been all but obscured.
I recently commented on another thread that was higjacked that I had become somewhat used to that happening.
BUT! Wow these dudes have nuked it to the point that I forgot why I was trying to answer. I do disremember that I could no longer use four letter words like dang 'cause the little ones would grow up bent.
Now I remember what the first post was Shark and I admire you for it. We all certainly need to contemplate our navels--once we get the dust and dirt out of them. Heck (no bad words)we might just be able to read our futures in the lint.
Night!

Not suprised at all

Sharksbaja - 6-22-2005 at 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
Wow, this is the 4th page on this wonderful post. I almost remember what your original thought was. Unfortunately, it has been all but obscured.
I recently commented on another thread that was higjacked that I had become somewhat used to that happening.
BUT! Wow these dudes have nuked it to the point that I forgot why I was trying to answer. I do disremember that I could no longer use four letter words like dang 'cause the little ones would grow up bent.
Now I remember what the first post was Shark and I admire you for it. We all certainly need to contemplate our navels--once we get the dust and dirt out of them. Heck (no bad words)we might just be able to read our futures in the lint.
Night!

In fact I pretty much figured that as soon as a few "special Nomads" replied in a positive way I could sit back and wait for the fireworks. Pretty predictable. No se amigo? Es muy interasante. Por que? No se? Thanks for listening Bern.

bajaden - 6-23-2005 at 04:48 PM

You mean I was snuckered. Yikes

Eli - 6-23-2005 at 05:08 PM

I know Bernie, some fun full traveling just on this thread. I had to go back a few times to confirm the original drift and if I was actually on it. Well, more or less.................

bajaden, I'll be home in mid October, soon enough.

here we go again!

yankeeirishman - 6-23-2005 at 05:32 PM

Quote:
Night!

Baja Bernie...
I'm going to ask you something, to do. Go read my post on this again. It said PLEASE, and it was aimed at the f word. If you insist on twisting my words....."Wow these dudes have nuked it to the point"...are you going to be a willing agent of this flaming too? Are you? BTW: this response is being done with good will towards you. I prefer peace.

[Edited on 6-24-2005 by yankeeirishman]

Yankee

Baja Bernie - 6-23-2005 at 06:22 PM

My statement about nuking was not in any way directed at you and in fact I do not believe that you did much if anything in the nuking department on this thread.
I was referring to your 'request' when I spoke of the little ones and I know that you said please. You have read most of my posts and I doubt that you found anything stronger than da*m. Hope you don't allow the grandson access to the off topic board. I enjoy it for the politics but it sure ain't rated for youngin's.

I would be very happy if there were true peace on this board because I firmly believe that we all have knowledge to share. I just don't believe that it needs to be dispensed at the end of a sledge hammer.

Let's see if my response to your comments brings a touch of understanding on both our parts. Okay????

I still say that Sharksbaja put together one heck of a thread.

Bruce R Leech - 6-23-2005 at 06:29 PM

thanks Sharksbaja this is a real fun thread. can you do another tomorrow?

Wow

The Gull - 6-23-2005 at 06:30 PM

I can feel the love!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

yankeeirishman - 6-23-2005 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
My statement about nuking was not in any way directed at you and in fact I do not believe that you did much if anything in the nuking department on this thread.
I was referring to your 'request' when I spoke of the little ones and I know that you said please. You have read most of my posts and I doubt that you found anything stronger than da*m. Hope you don't allow the grandson access to the off topic board. I enjoy it for the politics but it sure ain't rated for youngin's.

I would be very happy if there were true peace on this board because I firmly believe that we all have knowledge to share. I just don't believe that it needs to be dispensed at the end of a sledge hammer.

Let's see if my response to your comments brings a touch of understanding on both our parts. Okay????

I still say that Sharksbaja put together one heck of a thread.

I don?t know what to offer you. An Olive branch or ?Barney?. Take both :cool:

Irish

Baja Bernie - 6-23-2005 at 06:43 PM

You have done it already--Making fun of my name--it is Bernie not Barney!

Funning you in case you didn't notice. Look forward to meeting you someday.

A question, are you a Canadian? You use the mother English spelling of some words on occasion. Please leave the kids alone and don't jump on me.

If you must why not slam 'our' good friend David K.

David K - 6-23-2005 at 06:59 PM

Oh yes, I live to be slammed on Baja Nomad (not)! :lol:

pokey - 6-23-2005 at 07:25 PM

Aww man this is beautiful :yes: Was somebody complaining that some of the post were off topic? Lol :yes:

Quote:

Oh man I had a beautiful day today. Sometime this morning I hopped in the truck. Put some Cow Boy Junkies in the CD player, drove north on hwy 1 (careful kids there is a new police check point after the military checkpoint in Rosarito.) Crossed the border in 20 mins flat, bought gas, butter, cheese and chewing tobacco at costco, checked the P.O box and headed south on the 5. After crossing the border I bought a six of Pacifico, decided to take the free road to Ensenada, and headed home on the lonesome highway with Johny Cash keeping me company (musically).

Yeah, I'd say moving to Baja has been good for my mental health:P

yankeeirishman - 6-23-2005 at 07:37 PM

Quote:
You have done it already--Making fun of my name--it is Bernie not Barney!

Funning you in case you didn't notice. Look forward to meeting you someday.

A question, are you a Canadian? You use the mother English spelling of some words on occasion. Please leave the kids alone and don't jump on me.

If you must why not slam 'our' good friend David K.

I cant do the ol bash' to DavidK. He always threatens to post my home phone number here. I got enough cranks calling here already from ex employees. I will never jump on you again Sir. .....If I get a free book from ya :lol:

Not Canadian. Was born down in Arcadia.

And yes. The boy was asked not to venture into the off topics or to follow any links posted there (long time ago).

Mon

Baja Bernie - 6-23-2005 at 07:49 PM

Glad to give you a free book--which one do you want--so long as no one thinks I am giving it to you out of fear. jejejeje

Do you realize that this board is about to become bored and that some humans will have to come up with another conflict--Why? Because they were mostly raised on the afternoon soaps that have evolved into the reality games of today---What less than wonderful entertainment is there?

We gotta shut this thread down most pronto or Sharks will get a big head.

bajapablo - 6-23-2005 at 07:54 PM

I need a trip to baja in a bad way. It seems when I am going through withdrawls I find myself writing crap that no one finds funny but me. I did I laugh my butt off when I posted replies on this thread. Sorry for the bad behavior and no offense intended Yankee, just misdirected humor on my part fueled by lack of sleep and no baja in sight.

David K - 6-23-2005 at 07:55 PM

Yankee's # is o-u-8-1-2 :lol::lol::lol:

pokey - 6-23-2005 at 07:56 PM

Costco Ensenada says their going to open in August :tumble: If they sell snuff I'm gonna plant my a$$ on a beach and only go to S.D once a month to pick up butter and cheese. I can't stand Mexican butter and cheese.:(

then again if the Ensenada costco sells Tillamook cheese and American butter I won't have to venture up to S.D but once or twice a year to check the mail. :cool:

[Edited on 6-24-2005 by pokey]

Pokey

Baja Bernie - 6-23-2005 at 08:53 PM

Spoken like a man that knows---the check is NOT in the mail.

pokey - 6-23-2005 at 09:11 PM

Thats for sure. We're still living off the $$$ I made trawling Pollock. B season (no roe $$) pollock looms in the very near future. I'd love to just sit here and live off of a pension check like most of these folks.

Dave - 6-23-2005 at 10:34 PM

Quote:
and only go to S.D once a month to pick up butter and cheese. I can't stand Mexican butter and cheese.:(

Smart and Final has American cheese and butter.

Forum Psycological and physiological implications (post mortem)

Sharksbaja - 6-23-2005 at 11:12 PM

as so often happens:

Sharksbaja - 6-24-2005 at 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
and only go to S.D once a month to pick up butter and cheese. I can't stand Mexican butter and cheese.:(

Smart and Final has American cheese and butter.

Do they have Swiss cheese also?:lol:

Bruce R Leech - 6-24-2005 at 07:05 AM

some times I think people don't look hard enough for things. I can bye American cheese and butter in Mulege and even swiss. I also know where to get these things in La Paz and some other city's I am pretty sure I could find anything I would want in Ensenada or T.J.when I go to the north to visit my family in Ensenada I go crazy in the stores you people have it SO good up there the stores are big beautiful and well stocked.

"I can't stand Mexican butter and cheese."

jrbaja - 6-24-2005 at 10:18 AM

Not to sound ignorant or anything but have you ever tried any? Because most that do (if they know the right kinds ) prefer it to the chemical bs that the gringos are so used to.
Try some queso fresco or ranch cheese sometime!:light:
PS, the milk and ice cream is a lot better here too!

Bruce R Leech - 6-24-2005 at 10:27 AM

you are right Jrbaja there are hundreds of deferent Mexican cheeses and I like all of them.

pokey - 6-24-2005 at 10:47 AM

Yeah that statement was way too broad. We really like queso fresco ( I myself can whip up a pretty good batch of farmers cheese). The mushroom queso from Oaxaca is good.

The girls eat alot of Monterrey Jack cheese. Oddly enough we find Mexican Queso Monterrey to have a strong plastic after taste. The butter just plain taste like feet! The Mexican lady who does most of the cooking around here actually request that I buy Tilamook cheese and american butter when I go to el otro lado.

Mex Milk does taste better!

:bounce:

pokey - 6-24-2005 at 10:53 AM

Another reason I buy cheese at Costco.... Swiss cheese cost 300 pesos a kilo at Gigante.:wow:

Try Sorianas

jrbaja - 6-24-2005 at 11:19 AM

way better market.

Bruce R Leech - 6-24-2005 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Yeah that statement was way too broad. We really like queso fresco ( I myself can whip up a pretty good batch of farmers cheese). The mushroom queso from Oaxaca is good.

The girls eat alot of Monterrey Jack cheese. Oddly enough we find Mexican Queso Monterrey to have a strong plastic after taste. The butter just plain taste like feet! The Mexican lady who does most of the cooking around here actually request that I buy and american butter when I go to el otro lado.

Mex Milk does taste better!

:bounce:

Pokey sub. the Oaxaca for the Monterrey it is even better there is no substitute for Tilamook cheese and good butter I have not been able to find a Mexican brand ether but I use it anyway no choice here.

Dave - 6-24-2005 at 11:44 AM

Quote:
Another reason I buy cheese at Costco.... Swiss cheese cost 300 pesos a kilo at Gigante.:wow:

I sell Swiss for about half that. Cheddar, provolone, horseraddish cheddar, Genuine pecorino romano and parmesano reggiano too.

You're right about the butter. We only use it for some of our baking.

Sharksbaja - 6-24-2005 at 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:

I sell Swiss for about half that. Cheddar, provolone, horseraddish cheddar, Genuine pecorino romano and parmesano reggiano too.

You're right about the butter. We only use it for some of our baking.

Now I'm interested!

Bruce, you put the reindeer up cause you want cheese for Xmas?

Sharksbaja

Baja Bernie - 6-24-2005 at 03:08 PM

You know a thread is about dead when the orginater of said post starts trashing it. Well, I like your style so much that I will help you.
Cheeez---and good night!