BajaNomad

Nomad "sense o humus"

Sharksbaja - 10-5-2005 at 02:05 PM

I mean "sense of humor". It's here somewhere waiting to pounce. Some of you people are real cads. I mean Baja comedians with all the trimmings. It's part of the whole experience. Where else can armchair humor exist best?

I have heard my boys start cracking up while sitting before their screen quietly..
BAM, they start laughing like they are at a good party or sumpin' and don't stop for good spell.
Same here, my wife has asked me before "whats' so damn funny?" I reply,"it's those clowns on the Nomads again!"
Such fun! Sometimes:lol::P

All under the guise of a normal person.:biggrin:
All your wit combined and blended thouroughly with a dash of hypocracy,charm,devilishment, the whole potpourri if it were. Even DK has a funny side.:smug:
So thanks all you amateurs for bending the face now and then.:tumble::spingrin::spingrin::bounce:

comitan - 10-5-2005 at 02:37 PM

Sharks

I have the same problem my wife for a long time just took my chuckles for granted, now she is saying what so funny then I'm reading it to her. If we didn't have such a slow connection I'd have her on line also, but she would be lurking in the off topic area she loves discusions Ha. Ha.

David K - 10-5-2005 at 02:44 PM

Of course I do...

One day the good Father noticed a nun was gaining some weight, so he questioned her.... She replied: "Oh, it is just a little gas..."

A COUPLE MONTHS HAD PASSED and the priest noticed the nun was getting heavier and he again inquired... She again said, "it is only a little gas..."

Next time the priest saw the nun, she was with a baby, and he asked: "So, how's the little fart?" :yes:;D;)

bajalera - 10-5-2005 at 02:47 PM

Baaaaaaaad, DK!

Eli - 10-5-2005 at 07:33 PM

I'll second the baaaaaaad DK and try to top it, jeje.

So there is this Macho dude and a young lady in an elevator. All of a sudden the elevator starts to plumit downward at a rapid speed. The young lady realizing that her demise is soon at hand, begs the macho, "please, please, make me feel like a real woman". To wit, the macho, shakes his head, un zips his pant, whips them off ...................................................................................................................................................... ...............................................

hands them to her, and sez iron these.

David

jrbaja - 10-5-2005 at 07:38 PM

with levity like that, I am sure you are the lighter side of all campfires.:lol:

And I think the rest of us need to get lives!:lol::lol::lol:

Life is funny JR

Sharksbaja - 10-5-2005 at 08:47 PM

and so are you, you give me a chuckle sometimes, and not with all those toopid smiley faces:lol::lol::lol::lol::P

bajalera - 10-5-2005 at 08:58 PM

I hate those stupid jumping-up-and-down smilies and would kill them all if I knew how but I can't even manage to do tildes.

Sharksbaja - 10-5-2005 at 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalera
I hate those stupid jumping-up-and-down smilies and would kill them all if I knew how but I can't even manage to do tildes.

Thanks for piquing my interest. So thats' what you call that little squiggle above the n.

?

jrbaja - 10-6-2005 at 09:23 AM

Alt 164 for ? and Alt 165 for ? :light:;D

And by the way, have a nice day:lol::lol::lol::lol::P

[Edited on 10/6/2005 by jrbaja]

bajaden - 10-6-2005 at 12:46 PM

Three women die in a tragic accident. They arrive at heavens gate met by old St Pete himself. He welcomes them, but advises them to be careful not to step on any ducks. They enter and realize that there are ducks everwhere, making it almost impossible to walk.
The first woman accidently steps on a duck and suddenly St Pete arrives with the uglist man she ever saw. He handcuffs her to the man and tells her she must spend eternity with this man.

The second woman steps on a duck and suffers the same fate. The third woman now fearful, and very careful avoids stepping on a duck.

Suddenly, once again St Pete arrives with the most handsome man she has ever seen. Handcuffs her to him and does his eternity speech.

She turns to the man and says, what did I ever do to get someone like you. The man replies, I don't know about you, but I stepped on a duck.

JR------At the risk of being a "P-nche gringo"--

Barry A. - 10-6-2005 at 01:51 PM

I tried ALT 164 and Alt 165 and nothing happens on my computer. How does this work?? (if simple to explaine)

Dave - 10-6-2005 at 01:56 PM

Also, turn on number lock. Use the number pad.

Barry A. - 10-6-2005 at 01:57 PM

Hose------nope------no tilde, just nin came up.

Barry A. - 10-6-2005 at 02:01 PM

?---------amazing!!!!! Thank you, Hose and Dave Barry

Dave - 10-6-2005 at 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
?---------amazing!!!!! Thank you, Hose and Dave Barry

And thank you!

Do you read my column?

(I'm a very funny guy. ;D )

Asking questions does not make one

jrbaja - 10-6-2005 at 02:06 PM

a P-nche gringo. Yer friggen welcome!!!

bajajudy - 10-6-2005 at 02:39 PM

Lera
I hate those bouncing heads too. I didnt use any of those silly heads for almost a year.
Just started when I discovered this one:barf:
It seems to suit a lot of situations.
Well and this one:P
Ok and I have found a few more. But long lines of those seem like someone forcing a laugh. I believe that the word is guffaw.

I forgot:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 10-6-2005 by bajajudy]

turtleandtoad - 10-6-2005 at 02:42 PM

If you're using Windows XP you can select a second language and just switch between them. There is a pop-up window available to show you where all the keys are.

Or you can use the "insert symbol" function and pick the inverted question mark ?

[Edited on 10-6-2005 by turtleandtoad]

This is more information

zforbes - 10-6-2005 at 03:17 PM

that could go on Site Tools proposed by Comitan.

BajaNomad - 10-6-2005 at 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hose A
Ok on other threads I have seen rpleger use the Spanish upside down question mark.
How do you do that?

I even turned my keyboard upside down and hit the question mark key with out getting the desired results.:saint:
alt+168

http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/ALTchrc.html

bajaden - 10-7-2005 at 10:52 AM

Quote:
Ok on other threads I have seen rpleger use the Spanish upside down question mark.
How do you do that?

I even turned my keyboard upside down and hit the question mark key with out getting the desired results.:saint:

Now thats funny!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dave - 10-7-2005 at 11:58 AM

Quote:

Try standing on your head while looking in the mirror.

(Post a picture.)

wornout - 10-7-2005 at 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
I tried ALT 164 and Alt 165 and nothing happens on my computer. How does this work?? (if simple to explaine)

Just use copy/paste, its' easier and you don't need a number pad. Just put a notepad note somewhere on your computer and save the symbols there you use frequently.

? ? ?

turtleandtoad - 10-7-2005 at 02:15 PM

Most laptops don't have a number keypad so the "Alt+(number) isn't an option.

Oso - 10-7-2005 at 08:57 PM

A little boy was lost at a large shopping mall.

He approached a uniformed security guard and said, "I've lost my grandpa!"

The cop asked, "What's he like?"

The little boy replied, "Jack Daniels and women with big boobs."

DavidT - 10-7-2005 at 09:58 PM

Little Bobby was daydreaming in class one morning. His teacher asked, "What are you daydreaming about?" Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse, go to the Deans office. At the office the Dean said, "Bobby, your teacher sent you to my office and said you were daydreaming. What were you daydreaming about? " Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse, go to the Vice Principals office. At the office the Vice Principal said, "Bobby your teacher said you were daydreaming and sent you to the Deans office and the Dean sent you here. What were you daydreaming about?" Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse, go to the Principals office. At the office the Principal said, "Bobby your teacher said you were daydreaming and sent you to the Deans office and the Dean sent you to the Vice Principals office and the Vice Principal sent you to my office. What were you daydreaming about?" Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse, get out of my school and go home. Bobby walked in the door and his Mom asked why he was home. So Bobby said I was daydreaming in class and the teacher sent me to the Dean and the Dean sent me to the Vice Principal and the Vice Principal sent me to the Principal and the Principal sent me home. "Bobby, what were you daydreaming about? Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse, you wait till your Dad gets home. When dad came home he said, "Bobby, your teacher said you were daydreaming in class and she sent you to the Deans office and the Dean sent you to the Vice Principals office and the Vice Principal sent you to the Principals office and the Principal sent you home. What were you daydreaming about? Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse, get out of my house. So Bobby went out and sat on the bench at the bus stop. Sitting next to him a little old lady asked why he was so down. And Bobby said"I was daydreaming in class and my teacher sent me to the Deans office and the Dean sent me to the Vice Principals office and the Vice Principal sent me to the Principals office and the Principal sent me home and my Mom said wait till my Dad gets home and my Dad threw me out of the house. "What were you daydreaming about?" Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse, and she ran out in the street and got run over by the bus. The moral of the story is: Look both ways before you cross the street.:rolleyes:

bajalera - 10-8-2005 at 03:39 PM

Good one, Oso.

Roberto - 10-8-2005 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalera
Good one, Oso.

Please don't encourage Oso and his jokes. Trust me, you'll live to regret it! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just for that, Ima tell an Italian Joke

Oso - 10-9-2005 at 09:47 AM

Un italiano camminava per la spiaggia in baja california, tutto
assorto in preghiera. All'improvviso grida: "Dio, concedimi un
desiderio!!" Al che il cielo sopra di lui si oscur? e, con voce
roboante, Dio disse: "Poich? hai avuto fede, ti conceder? un
desiderio. "Creami un ponte fino alle Hawaii," chiese l'italiano,
"cos? posso andarci quando voglio."
Il Signore disse: "E' un desiderio molto materialistico, pensa
all'ingegno che richiederebbe una simile impresa. i costi per
arrivare fino in fondo al Pacifico! La calce e l'acciaio che ci
vorrebbero. Potrei farlo, ma come potrei giustificare la materialit?
del tuo desiderio. Prenditi un p? di tempo e pensa ad un desiderio
che mi onori e glorifichi."
L'italiano ci pens? a lungo e alla fine disse; "Signore, sono stato
sposato e divorziato per 4 volte. Tutte dicevano che ero trasurato
e insensibile. Desidero di poter comprendere le donne. Voglio sapere
cosa provano intimamente, cosa pensano quando stanno zitte, e perch?
piangiono, che significa quando dicono: "Niente." e come posso
renderle veramente felici."
Dopo qualche istante Dio disse: "Ci vuoi 2 o 4 corsie su quel ponte?"

[Edited on 10-10-2005 by Oso]

[Edited on 10-10-2005 by Oso]

turtleandtoad - 10-9-2005 at 10:05 AM

:lol:

Its good to know that even the Italians haven't figured out women :lol:

Although I am sure

jrbaja - 10-9-2005 at 10:18 AM

the Italian joke was purely "Baja" related, I have to wonder how many on here could appreciate it.:?:

Thanks, Roberto . . .

bajalera - 10-9-2005 at 11:13 AM

. . . for the heads-up. I wish you had warned me sooner.

Pappy Jon - 10-9-2005 at 12:24 PM

?Eh? ?

Alt+0191 ?

I just use the Character Map ?? utility that has been a part of Windows since ... uh ... since, version ?3.1??

Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Character Map?

At least that's where it's currently located. Other versions might vary, but you will have it. The short-cut will be listed in the lower right. It's just easier for my ?-brain to look it up than try and remember those alt+codes. ?

:cool::lol:

[Edited on 10-9-2005 by Pappy Jon]

Sharksbaja - 10-9-2005 at 03:06 PM

Drag and drop......cool, thanks.

♀♂♠♣?~???ΘψωΣЭҖئ

turtleandtoad - 10-9-2005 at 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja

♀♂♠♣?~???ΘψωΣЭҖئ

What was that all about?:?::?:

Sharksbaja - 10-9-2005 at 11:49 PM

I was following windows help. It says you can drag n drop from the character map into a text doc. Only it worked for just a couple of random characters: ? ~ ? ? ? & #

All the rest ended up being character ref #: #1574 and so on. Obviously the Nomad software doesn't recognize them all.

David K - 10-9-2005 at 11:53 PM

How can I get the 'degree' symbol (the little circle after a number in the upper corner, after a temperature or a GPS waypoint degree)? I found it on my WebTV keyboard, but it's not in the same place on my PC keyboard!

Gracias!

Sharksbaja - 10-10-2005 at 12:32 AM

Like... 15? F
unicode U+0114

bajaden - 10-10-2005 at 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:

Try standing on your head while looking in the mirror.

(Post a picture.)

Now my head hurts. I don't know whether it from standing on my head, or trying to figure out what the hell you guys are talking about.

Sharky, do really understand all this stuff, or are just faking it. I'm impressed dude.

Sharksbaja - 10-10-2005 at 10:52 AM

No... I mean yes....no, I mean I know.. yes er maybe not or uh, no.... whacha talkin bout agin?:lol:

Pappy Jon - 10-10-2005 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
Like... 15? F
unicode U+0114

Or Alt+0176

It's currently 50?F at work today, and cloudy. Looking forward to a Baja beach in 7 days.

Sharksbaja - 10-10-2005 at 11:31 AM

Hey, it's 50? here too. Really! Make room Baja!

bajaden - 10-10-2005 at 11:46 AM

Thanks for the clarificiation Sharky. I feel better now. I'm off to see my shrink ha ha, I'm off to see my shrink ha ha, ha ha, ha ha..........:lol::lol::lol::fire:

Sharksbaja - 10-10-2005 at 12:20 PM

Hey, three outta four aint too shabby. Happy faces that is!:saint:

El Camote - 10-10-2005 at 02:37 PM

Alt 248 works too for the ? symbol and it's one less digit for us flojos. :yawn:

David K - 10-10-2005 at 05:16 PM

Okay great... lets see I live at 33? North latitude!!! Hey El Camote, thanks!!!:biggrin:

33? works too... Thanks Pappy Jon!:biggrin:

Sharks, I thank you for offering help the quickest, but I couldn't figure out your instructions... What's unicode? U+ (nothing happens when I enter the numbers 0114)... The other suggestions do work however...:light:

[Edited on 10-11-2005 by David K]

Neal Johns - 10-10-2005 at 05:50 PM

Never mind - I failed! ]:no:

[Edited on 10-11-2005 by Neal Johns]

comitan - 10-10-2005 at 06:01 PM

Neal

Don't feel bad I did too, both ways I guess I'm just dumb, there are so many things to learn on the computor.