BajaNomad

Ripped off at La Fonda AGAIN

lizard lips - 10-8-2005 at 09:56 AM

In the afternoon occasionally I stop at La Fonda's after a day of shopping in San Diego for a bite to eat. About 3 years ago I had my car broken in to and the usual was taken, wallet, check book, sunglasses etc. On Thursday it happened again. Same things taken plus my rib eye steaks. Now have to go through the ---cancel the credit cards, bank account, get more steaks and fix the window AGAIN. This has only happened at La Fonda's parking area. Whoever ripped me off this time could not see anything in the vehicle (all covered up). This place has a serious problem and you should be very concerned if you plan on stopping there. I told the manager that he needs a security person out front and he said they have a guy, I never saw him. I think La Fonda is a great place to enjoy the view and have some great food but I will only stop there for breakfast now while the P-nche Ratas are sleeping off my or someone elses Rib Eye dinner the night before.

:cool:

[Edited on 8-10-2005 by lizard lips]

Dave - 10-8-2005 at 10:04 AM

I just heard there's a rib eye special at la Fondas. Yummy...

lizard lips - 10-8-2005 at 10:07 AM

Dave, I opened the door for that one. You have more one liners than Rodney Dangerfield!

:lol:

Dave

jrbaja - 10-8-2005 at 11:40 AM

You are brutal!!:lol:

Diver - 10-8-2005 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
About 3 years ago I had my car broken in to and the usual was taken, wallet, check book, sunglasses etc. On Thursday it happened again.

Ever consider taking the wallet with you ?? :?::no::rolleyes::wow::lol::lol::lol:

lizard lips - 10-8-2005 at 01:47 PM

I had my car parked directly in front where the path leads to the door. My wallet was under the seat and its a big one. Cant fit in the back pants pocket.....

Bob and Susan - 10-8-2005 at 02:08 PM

Did you see the Sienfeld episode when "George" had the oversized wallet:lol::lol:

It finally EXPLODED!!!

Was there any sugar packs in it??:lol::lol:

LL?

The Gull - 10-8-2005 at 07:40 PM

Have you always been a slow learner?:spingrin::spingrin::spingrin::spingrin:

bajaden - 10-8-2005 at 10:13 PM

I swear to God, I thought they were New Yorks.

elgatoloco - 10-8-2005 at 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
In the afternoon occasionally I stop at La Fonda's after a day of shopping in San Diego for a bite to eat. About 3 years ago I had my car broken in to and the usual was taken, wallet, check book, sunglasses etc. On Thursday it happened again. Same things taken plus my rib eye steaks. Now have to go through the ---cancel the credit cards, bank account, get more steaks and fix the window AGAIN. This has only happened at La Fonda's parking area. Whoever ripped me off this time could not see anything in the vehicle (all covered up). This place has a serious problem and you should be very concerned if you plan on stopping there. I told the manager that he needs a security person out front and he said they have a guy, I never saw him. I think La Fonda is a great place to enjoy the view and have some great food but I will only stop there for breakfast now while the P-nche Ratas are sleeping off my or someone elses Rib Eye dinner the night before.

:cool:

bummer

turtleandtoad - 10-9-2005 at 06:20 AM

Interesting!

Nine responses and only one offering sympathy.

Who said nomads were uncaring?:?:

lizard lips - 10-9-2005 at 07:39 AM

Was'nt looking for sympathy, on this board? Im writing a book on one liners and come backs and where better to get get started. It's all in good fun, I expected this.

HotSchott - 10-9-2005 at 07:46 AM

Get a Rottweiler.

David K - 10-9-2005 at 08:35 AM

Yah... like this one!
(this is Hotschott's Rottie!)

JESSE - 10-9-2005 at 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
I just heard there's a rib eye special at la Fondas. Yummy...

Y eso que no puedes leer bien.

wilderone - 10-10-2005 at 09:09 AM

Interesting photo, David. Where do those sink pipes flow?

Could you describe......

Hook - 10-10-2005 at 11:46 AM

....how they are gaining entrance to your vehicle, for the benefit of those of us who do occasionally park there?

I was parked up top from LF del Rio for about 5 hours on Sunday and did take measures to immobilize my vehicle.

But what can you do about a "break-in"? Was it a true break-in? A wind wing window?

The restaurant's in that area need to be told by those of us who frequent them that this is starting to make us think twice about visiting their establishments. While I NEVER leave my wallet in my car (especially THERE!), I cant keep all valuable out of the cab of my truck, i.e., Hi LIft, tools, etc. While we can minimize what we might lose, we should be able to expect a degree of safety in areas they supposedly provide security.

That security guard should be fired...........I guess that means he will have to go back to waiting on tables only. :rolleyes:

What kind of car, LL?

rpleger - 10-10-2005 at 01:09 PM

Thanks for the information, I shall stop going there, I think that whole of Baja Norte is going to the dogs.

Monia - 10-10-2005 at 03:27 PM

We just got back from a great weekend camping past Rosarito, nice weather, surfing, etc. We met a family who's friends had their room at La Fonda broken into and their car also, I believe Friday night. The funny thing is they stole a bag that was on the car seat and it contained the daughter's homework. I wonder if her teacher will believe that story!

Taco de Baja - 10-10-2005 at 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Monia
We just got back from a great weekend camping past Rosarito, nice weather, surfing, etc. We met a family who's friends had their room at La Fonda broken into and their car also, I believe Friday night. The funny thing is they stole a bag that was on the car seat and it contained the daughter's homework. I wonder if her teacher will believe that story!

"The Banditos stole my homework......" :rolleyes:

It's such a funny story, the teacher will probably believe it.

"Hey Juan, check out this backpack I stole from the stupid gringos."
"What's In it Pedro?"
"I don't know, but it's so heavy it must be gold!"
"Open it up and let's see."
".....Algebra?....History?.....English?......Art?......Spanish II?.....Aye Carumba! it's all books! Stupid gringos, bringing books to Mexico!...."

:lol::lol::lol:

David K - 10-10-2005 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
Interesting photo, David. Where do those sink pipes flow?

The sink drains behind the rocks into the desert sand... That photo and more are at http://vivabaja.com/405 taken at Guadalupe Canyon Hot Springs last April... That is Campo La Paloma in Arturo's Campo #1 http://www.guadalupe-canyon.com :)

marla - 10-11-2005 at 11:38 AM

Yikes! What do the owners of La Fonda say about all these thefts. Keri? You live near there what do you hear?

lizard lips - 10-11-2005 at 11:54 AM

Quote:
how they are gaining entrance to your vehicle, for the benefit of those of us who do occasionally park there?

Was it a true break-in? A wind wing window?

What kind of car, LL?

The first time, 3 years ago, I had my 1979 Volkswagon Bus.They got in through the wind wing. The problem with this car was that you could breath on it and the door would fly open.

Recently I was driving my Nissan P/U. The window behind the cab was pried open.

Cincodemayo - 10-11-2005 at 02:22 PM

Sounds like some simple Charles Bronson techniques need to be had...a few big guys with baseball bats behind a staged car will most likely do the trick.

Egg

jrbaja - 10-11-2005 at 02:28 PM

ZZactly !!!

Cincodemayo - 10-11-2005 at 02:30 PM

Obviously if the La Fonda establishment does nothing about it some punk thief would certainly need to pay the price for ripping people off....a few sore kneecaps might take him down the employment road.