BajaNomad

$1,200 dollar lot in Asuncion WITH PHOTO

Mango - 7-6-2007 at 07:22 PM

shari, check your u2u. Thanks.. ;)

DENNIS - 7-6-2007 at 09:03 PM

What do you mean, "It has a title"?

bajabound2005 - 7-6-2007 at 09:21 PM

Maybe by "title" she means it has a name?

bajamigo - 7-6-2007 at 09:30 PM

Sounds to me that the lot has "clear title," i. e., ownership is undisputed, at least to the extent that that's possible in Mexico.

DENNIS - 7-6-2007 at 09:34 PM

Maybe it has a pink slip. You non-Californios maybe won't know about that.

Diver - 7-6-2007 at 10:50 PM

Initially, the government owned all the land in these small villages.
Later, they issued titles to locals once the city municipality was formed.
Title is issued from the government once the property has been bought and paid for.
Prior to the first sale, there is no official "title".

Apparently this property has been paid for in full in order to obtain the title from the municipality. Not to say that debts may not exist ie property taxes etc.; but there is a title. Without a title, a gringo could not buy the land directly from the municipality.

But don't even worry about it XXXXXX
Only nice folks are allowed to buy in Asuncion !! :biggrin:

[Edited on 7-7-2007 by Diver]

[Edited on 7-7-2007 by Hose A]

Bob and Susan - 7-7-2007 at 06:05 AM

dennis...no more "pink slips" in california

they are different now and called "certificate of title"

you've been gone along time....

before you buy you go to the municipal and ask for a document stating that there are no liens on the property....but

for a grand....you could take a risk....for now

capt. mike - 7-7-2007 at 06:06 AM

can you post some pics? if its still avail.
fenced? structured? views?
etc.

Osprey - 7-7-2007 at 06:40 AM

Puleeees! Can you say "Enterprising", Can you say "Entrepreneur"? How much info do you need for an almost free lot in this nice little town? How much info would you demand if it was free? I already have a nice house near the beach that I'm happy with but I know a lot of you are planning Baja retirement --- what's the problem? Mike the big Baja lender, for a lot that costs him a couple tanks of avgas, wants brochures, a CD maybe?

DENNIS - 7-7-2007 at 07:04 AM

So, I'm assuming the clear title goes through the bank trust for a foriegner. Is that the way it works?

Diver - 7-7-2007 at 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
So, I'm assuming the clear title goes through the bank trust for a foriegner. Is that the way it works?

Yep, unless you have a Mexican Corp and the property is for commercial ie rental use...

Bajagypsy - 7-7-2007 at 08:11 AM

Shari check your U2U

Diver - 7-7-2007 at 09:17 AM

Shari,

Check your U2 - I know who needs that lot if it's not gone already !! :biggrin:

lot in Asuncion

capt. mike - 7-7-2007 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
Mike the big Baja lender, for a lot that costs him a couple tanks of avgas, wants brochures, a CD maybe?

"Mike the big Baja lender, for a lot that costs him a couple tanks of avgas, wants brochures, a CD maybe?"

WTF??!!:rolleyes:

1. i don't lend. i rep a company that does. I am not "big" but Carefree Mtg is huge and more than capable to cover any size deal in baja or mainland. i happen to be lucky to have been a close personal friend of the owner for 33 years.
2. a few pictures are easy to take and post. We don't even know how many Sq Mtrs it is. i asked for a picture or two, not a brochure or CD.
3. A grand $$ U.S. is more than a couple of tanks of avgas. About 3 actually. And anyway, i don't care what something might cost - i don't have money to throw around and i make purchasing decisions frequently. i buy property based on knowledge of facts i discern for myself.
4. if one isn't willing to provide a little info one shouldn't provide notice of an offering.
5. this deal ain't free nor almost free. And anything that's too cheap has baggage. sounds pretty cheap to me - so, i'd have concerns.
6. the real positive in this that PQd my interest was that Shari is involved. I believe she is to be trusted. Only wish i could get down there soon but i can't.
7. if there is a lot of decent size for sale at that $$ then there are other deals around. no one needs to be in a hurry to buy Mexican dirt.
8. And......the best way to acquire mexican real estate is to buy owner direct and avoid dealing thru gringo expat commissioned realtors whenever possible.:yes:

toneart - 7-7-2007 at 11:52 AM

Shari,

YOU buy the lot. That way you get to choose your neighbor and exclude the ones who would not know how to live in la onda Baja

:cool:

Cypress - 7-7-2007 at 11:57 AM

Jeez. A good dump truck can haul a thousand dollars worth of dirt if you pay the cost of fuel etc.:O

Diver - 7-7-2007 at 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
4. if one isn't willing to provide a little info one shouldn't provide notice of an offering.
5. this deal ain't free nor almost free. And anything that's too cheap has baggage. sounds pretty cheap to me - so, i'd have concerns.
6. the real positive in this that PQd my interest was that Shari is involved. I believe she is to be trusted. Only wish i could get down there soon but i can't.
7. if there is a lot of decent size for sale at that $$ then there are other deals around. no one needs to be in a hurry to buy Mexican dirt.
8. And......the best way to acquire mexican real estate is to buy owner direct and avoid dealing thru gringo expat commissioned realtors whenever possible.:yes:

Mike,

I think you are reading this wrong and resent any implications about problems with gringo expats (obviously referring to Shari). I believe that she is simply trying to help a local friend sell their property. There is no mention of a fee to Shari and she has offered and provided information to some who have U2'ed.
I also have no problem paying a fee to someone who might help me aquire a property that would otherwise be unknown to me. I applaud Shari for all she has done for me and others as well as her efforts to better the town of Bahia Asuncion !

Your comment about other properties being available is not really correct in this case. Most of the beachfront properties have been sold. The other lots in town are now starting to increase in value as well. 2 years ago was prime time to buy; now is still good for what's available; future years will cost more and more and more....
It IS a really cool place !!

DENNIS - 7-7-2007 at 12:33 PM

Diver ----

Asunción sounds like the place for me. I guess you're just getting situated there. Are the lots next to you taken? I'd sure like to get one of those. Sounds like a really neat place to practice my new future hobby, playing drums. A great big set of those percussive beautys would fit perfectly on my new front porch. You like drums, lots of drums, dont'cha? A few people consider them, well, noisy but, not me. I find them soothing.
Do you play any musical instruments? We could form a duo. Wouldn't that be fun?

capt. mike - 7-7-2007 at 01:18 PM

Not so. my comments re: realtors weren't directed towards Shari. Read no. 6. She and i have a fine relationship considering never meeting publicly yet.

i was referring to a few others, globally, without naming names. RE agents in mexico are less than regulated like in US. I love it when 3 or more say they have an "exculsive" listing on a place!

people i think tend to buy on emotion and sell on need - referring to RE properties in mexico.

i have no challenges with paying a reasonable fee for service when i think i need it. But whenever i can lap a dog on my own, i will.

and, just because the beach has been sold doesn't mean some of it won't come on the market every once in a while - and if it turns at a premium good for the seller.

the only thing that keeps me off the pac side is lack of good pistas where i'd like to be. So, Asuncion certainly is on my short list for whenever i might choose some sand of my own. And renting is always good for me, no ties and no entanglements - just the way i like it.:lol:

Diver - 7-7-2007 at 01:32 PM

Sorry if I mis-understood your meaning Mike.
(Eyes getting older - didn't even see #6 !)
No offense intended, just adding my opinions...
How to see you there someday.

Dennis,
First you have to find your piece or send your essay to Shari and she may help you find one. Bring the drums on over, I can't hear much anyway but my kids will jam with you !! Do you play the blues ?

DianaT - 7-7-2007 at 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Diver ----

Asunción sounds like the place for me. I guess you're just getting situated there. Are the lots next to you taken? I'd sure like to get one of those. Sounds like a really neat place to practice my new future hobby, playing drums. A great big set of those percussive beautys would fit perfectly on my new front porch. You like drums, lots of drums, dont'cha? A few people consider them, well, noisy but, not me. I find them soothing.
Do you play any musical instruments? We could form a duo. Wouldn't that be fun?

Dennis,
Since we are setting in here in Bahia Asuncion, perhaps we can be of some help. Our big dog just loves claiming new items and marking them as his own. We just can't wait to introduce him to your drum set. :spingrin::spingrin:

Diane and John

capt. mike - 7-7-2007 at 05:06 PM

Diver - we'll have to buzz down in the bird some time and you can show me around.

drums are fine as long as Airto, Tito Puente or Mongo Santamaria are behind them!

i don wanna work.....just wanna pound on my drums all day....

Hey, Dennis

bajaguy - 7-8-2007 at 08:18 AM

That warehouse sounds like a good place for our Pacifico/Ice drive through......you can even play the drums.....I'm sure it will attract customers.....:lol::lol::lol:

toneart - 7-8-2007 at 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
Diver - we'll have to buzz down in the bird some time and you can show me around.

drums are fine as long as Airto, Tito Puente or Mongo Santamaria are behind them!

i don wanna work.....just wanna pound on my drums all day....

Dennis,
Here's a man who knows his drummers! Aierto Muriera and his wife, Flora Purim came to the U.S. from Brazil. They were discovered and brought here by Miles Davis. Of course, Tito Puente was the man! The master! Mongo Santamaria was on many of Dizzy Gillespie's recordings.

I am assuming that your drum set is traps (term for conventional drums, used in bands). Now you will have to add Latin Percussion to your instrument collection. So listen to these guys' CDs and practice. Oh, and listen to Poncho Sanchez, too. One of the all time great conga players was Armando Peraza. He worked with Cal Tjader for many years and taught at Drum City, in Los Angeles

I am a trumpet player who doubles on congas. When you are ready, I'll show up for a jam.:cool: Shari, are you ready to host the 1st annual Asuncion Latin Jazz Festival in 2010? :O:O Yikes:!:

Cypress - 7-9-2007 at 11:41 AM

jdtrotter. Neat avatar!:yes: Sort of a modern version of something old and beautiful.:bounce:

wilderone - 7-11-2007 at 08:42 AM

"am a trumpet player who doubles on congas. When you are ready, I'll show up for a jam. Shari, are you ready to host the 1st annual Asuncion Latin Jazz Festival in 2010"
Now this is a plan - but how 'bout Fall 2007? jammin, we're jammin

bajaguy - 7-11-2007 at 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
Shari, are you ready to host the 1st annual Asuncion Latin Jazz Festival in 2010
Now this is a plan - but how 'bout Fall 2007? jammin, we're jammin

T-shirts, T-shirts....we need Asuncion 1st 10th Annual Jazz Festival T-shirts

Chili peppers playing a sax, trumbone and drums!!!,,,,maybe like bajamigos avitar???

[Edited on 7-11-2007 by bajaguy]

shari - 7-11-2007 at 03:31 PM

I think a lobster playing a sax would be more appropriate...I figure we could have the fesival on Ira's lot it's so big and I'm sure jdtrotters won't mind:lol:

JonS - 7-30-2007 at 10:14 AM

Hi, I just recently discovered this site. Has this property sold? thanks

Bob and Susan - 7-30-2007 at 10:31 AM

you asked...

[Edited on 7-30-2007 by Bob and Susan]

shari - 7-30-2007 at 11:21 AM

Wow, thats so cool...now can we get him surfing while fishing for yellow tail at the same time? I love the idea of a jazzfest here!

David K - 7-30-2007 at 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JonS
Hi, I just recently discovered this site. Has this property sold? thanks

Shari???

Bob and Susan - 7-30-2007 at 01:51 PM

surfin...where's woody????

Bob and Susan - 7-31-2007 at 08:51 AM

hey shari
is that $1200 lot still for sale???
i had someone just ask...