BajaNomad

"Oasis of Stone"

bajajudy - 8-23-2007 at 01:08 PM

Hey guys
We finally got this beautiful new book up on the website. If you dont have a copy, I highly recommend it. The photographs are fantastic and the copy by Bruce Berger is wonderful.

[Edited on 8-23-2007 by bajajudy]

bajamigo - 8-23-2007 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
Hey guys
We finally got this beautiful new book up on the website. If you dont have a copy, I highly recommend it. The photographs are fantastic and the copy by Bruce Berger is wonderful.

I completely agree. We have a copy (on loan from DENNIS) and are hoping he forgets who he gave it to. If he remembers, we'll order a copy -- actually, copies, because the book would be a succinct response to friends and relatives who never cease to ask us why we live in Baja.

BajaNomad - 8-23-2007 at 04:21 PM

http://www.bajabooksandmaps.com/books/OASIS_OF_STONE.html

DENNIS - 8-23-2007 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamigo

I completely agree. We have a copy (on loan from DENNIS) and are hoping he forgets who he gave it to.

So...That's where it is.
Just kiddin'. I remembered. That copy's yours. I have another on the way with another one called, Baja, Mexico. If you arn't familiar with that one, go to Barnes and Noble, on-line book section and it will describe it. It sounds like coffee table quality and should be fun.

Well, I have to retract that. I just went there and the book is represented but the discription isn't. It should be available, maybe through a google search.
The description was there before.......I'm sure.

[Edited on 8-23-2007 by DENNIS]

bajajudy - 8-23-2007 at 05:38 PM

It is available from our website for US sales and, if you want the "Baja, through the eye of an Honest Lens" we have them both here in San Jose. I could send one up on the bus...no worrys.

DENNIS - 8-23-2007 at 06:05 PM

Thanks Judy.........

We are refering to the same book, for those who may wonder. "Baja Mexico" and "Baja, through the eye......."

bajajudy - 8-23-2007 at 06:14 PM

Is that a weird title or what?
Beautiful book with lotsa pix of both Baja Californias

DENNIS - 8-23-2007 at 06:20 PM

Yeah, it is. I was a bit put off by the subtitle. Kind of a grandiose self analysis since the lens is no more than an extension of the shooter. But, well.....whatever.

David K - 8-23-2007 at 08:04 PM

Here are some pictures from the book, when I got my copy a few months ago: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=22205#pid2003...

Sallysouth - 8-23-2007 at 09:51 PM

Bump, I want one!