BajaNomad

Hotel Cuesta Real - MULEGE!

Bob H - 10-9-2007 at 07:58 AM

Everyone needs to know about this Motel/RV park 12 motel rooms and 10 RV full hookup spots. Nice clean showers for the campers, etc. Very Very Nice place... they have it all, including restaurant, bar, laundry facilities, ice for sale, wireless connections, etc. Ken is the owner and is just a great host. Unreal! The name of the place is Cuesta Real. Check it out
http://cuestarealhotel.tripod.com/
Great place
Bob H

bill erhardt - 10-9-2007 at 08:19 AM

I'm glad to see that the Cuesta Real has bounced back. The last time I saw Ken and Chris they had spent the night before on the roof with the flood waters of John swirling around the house. It is a good place to stay if you find yourself in Mulege overnight.

Bob H - 10-9-2007 at 08:34 AM

Yes, I heard the whole Hurricane John story from Ken and how they escaped to the roof and stayed their for over four hours. Ken has done a great job putting everything back together. You would not ever think that a disaster like that occurred here just 13 months ago!
Bob H

tripledigitken - 10-9-2007 at 09:45 AM

And close enough to Jungle Jims to stumble back in the dark!

Ken

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Al G - 10-9-2007 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
And close enough to Jungle Jims to stumble back in the dark!

Ken

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

WoW...and I was thinking it was to far up the river for me...quit trying to find it after a few miles on my quad as the road got real dusty...I was on the river, south side...guess I was lost:?:

Sharksbaja - 10-9-2007 at 11:16 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

Bajagypsy - 10-9-2007 at 11:45 AM

Glad to see it is up and running again, we always stay there if we get a hotel in Mulege.

Bob H - 10-11-2007 at 06:35 PM

And, YES, they are dog friendly at the hotel and the RV park.
Bob H

bajajudy - 10-11-2007 at 06:41 PM

Cool and ARF

Bob H - 10-11-2007 at 08:12 PM

We are back here today and Ken helped us repair a plumbing problem in our cabover camper. This guy is unbelievable. He found all the parts necessary to repair our problem and everything works again. We ended the day smoking a fine cigar in his restaurant/bar watching the baseball playoffs, over a few cervezas. Great place, for sure.
Bob H

Bob and Susan - 10-11-2007 at 08:18 PM

cubans????

Bob H - 10-11-2007 at 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
cubans????

No... I buy my cigars on the internet and they are all from the Dominican Republic, Honduars or Nicaragua. The original Cuban makers all left Cuba for these places and that's where the really good cigars are now, and at much better prices, if you ask me.
Bob H

http://www.thompsoncigars.com
http://www.jrcigars.com

capt. mike - 10-12-2007 at 06:49 AM

right you are Bob.
leave me one...............puleeeeeze???!!!!

Oso - 10-12-2007 at 02:23 PM

http://www.kinkycigars.com

Kinky’s newest venture - Kinky Friedman Cigars is officially open for business. The new company just unveiled the first five sizes to the tobacco world at the Retail Tobacco Dealers of America Trade Show in Houston and it was an overwhelming success as were both the events at Cigar Cigar! in Sugar Land and Downing St. Pub in Houston. On Saturday August 18 everyone is invited to visit with Kinky Friedman at Heroes and Legacies in Austin from 4:00 - 8:00 PM where he will be promoting and retailing cigars from his brand new Kinky Friedman Cigar Company. The five sizes - The Governor, Kinkycristo, Texas Jewboy, The Willie and Utopian (profits from the latter cigar will go to Kinky’s Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch) are made of beautiful hand rolled Habana wrappers grown in Honduras with a blended filler of Honduran and Nicaraguan tobaccos and Costa Rican binders. Kinky will sign cigar boxes, meet all customers, discuss fine cigars, politics (and virtually anything else). All cigars can be purchased by the box or by the stick. Please go to your local cigar retail store to purchase the 5 different cigars lines as well as our online store which will be opening soon.

I'm not a cigar smoker, but I have 3 Kinky Selects that were mailed to me by mistake instead of the CD I ordered. I'll try to remember to take them with me for the B1k and give them away to any cigar smokers who ask for them. Unless, of course, I run into someone with the right stuffing to make blunts out of them...:lol::rolleyes::saint:

toneart - 10-12-2007 at 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Yes, I heard the whole Hurricane John story from Ken and how they escaped to the roof and stayed their for over four hours. Ken has done a great job putting everything back together. You would not ever think that a disaster like that occurred here just 13 months ago!
Bob H

Bob,

Say hi to Ken for me. I stayed there with my trailer and dog while I was restoring my casita from the flood damage. They are good people!
Tony

oladulce - 10-13-2007 at 02:25 AM

3 weeks ago we pulled in to Mulege at 9:30 pm and after dinner a La Palapa decided it was late to go back in to the bay for the night on the beach in our camper. They suggested Cuesta Real but it appeared closed and we couldn't find an office and didn't see any vehicles around. Couldn't tell if we arrived too late (it was 10 pm by then) or if they were closed during the hot season.

Thanks for the recommendation and I'll clarify their office hours, etc with them for future use. This would be a great alternative to the beach for the times we arrive late or when it's reallly,really hot for sleeping in our non-a.c. camper. It looks like they could fill up very easily in the winter/peak season though.

Bob H - 10-13-2007 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Bob H

Bob,

Say hi to Ken for me. I stayed there with my trailer and dog while I was restoring my casita from the flood damage. They are good people!
Tony

Sorry Tony, I left there before I received your message. I didn't meet Mrs. Ken, but Ken is, indeed a great guy and very hospitable. Sometimes you get to talking with him and you just can't stop.
Bob H:tumble:

[Edited on 10-14-2007 by Bob H]

EnseNADAslim - 3-2-2009 at 07:25 PM

This is a mixed review and I liked the place and Alfredo was a great host, a very nice man. The room that we stayed in seemed to be a bit in need of some attention. Walls were a bit flaky, the furniture was in bad shape, and there was no remote for the TV.
I'd go back to see Alfredo, but not sure if I'd stay there again.
Besides,,,,a few miles away is the BEACH to camp on!

bajabound2005 - 3-2-2009 at 07:32 PM

and the email address on their website is worthless...sent two, no response so we went elsewhere. I do not understand why SO many folks in Mexico create a website, with an email address, and no matter what, no response to the emails.

Bob H - 3-2-2009 at 10:04 PM

I think there are times when Ken and his family go back to the states and may not check the website for messages, etc. But, I must say we had a great time staying there in the camp ground portion. Didn't see the rooms at all.

Great guy.
Bob H

Bajahowodd - 3-2-2009 at 11:56 PM

Kinky Friedman is playing Mulege??

Terry28 - 3-3-2009 at 09:10 AM

Thats the hotel where my briefcase went missing...with passport, fm3, wallet and over $2,000 usd....Ken was helpful in trying to locate it by asking the housekeeper etc. but it never turned up...very nice guy but I don't know if we would stay again....

mulegemichael - 3-3-2009 at 09:15 AM

AND...the restaurant/bar has been closed for months...things are bad all over...

capt. mike - 3-5-2009 at 06:52 AM

no offense.... but if i had that kind of property to secure i would have bailored it to the front desk or owner Ken - or kept it with me 24/7 or locked in the trunk i guess.

that story hurts.

Beachgirl - 3-5-2009 at 06:58 AM

Bob....glad to hear a good review. Odd about the bar/restaurant. I walk by there every day (working off all those adult beverages and Mex food), and I haven't seen the restaurant open once in months and months. I have been wondering about it, too. Maybe he is no longer open for breakfast and lunch?

Beachgirl - 3-5-2009 at 06:59 AM

Oh, I see Michael already posted that....not enough coffee yet this am