BajaNomad

Surfdog ready for bigger waves

dtbushpilot - 7-9-2009 at 09:06 AM

Cacawhate the surf dog has been working on her technique but the waves in the East Cape leave a bit to be desired. She is hoping someone like woody will take her under his wing and show her where the "real" waves are.

woody, be sure to check her bags for a GPS :lol::lol::lol:....dt

woody with a view - 7-9-2009 at 09:22 AM

you bet. the places i'll take her will short out any electronics after the first wave.....

DianaT - 7-9-2009 at 09:25 AM

They just had the annual Dog Surfing contest here in Imperial Beach --too bad she was not here to compete.

Cute picture!

Russ - 7-10-2009 at 06:39 AM

David, Here's a clip for the surf contest.
http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=a269123...

BajaGeoff - 7-10-2009 at 10:15 AM

Hehe. Fletch (the Baja Bound office dog) was in the recent competition. He got two solid waves, but could not get a third good one. Maybe next year!

DianaT - 7-10-2009 at 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGeoff
Hehe. Fletch (the Baja Bound office dog) was in the recent competition. He got two solid waves, but could not get a third good one. Maybe next year!

Had we known, we would have cheered for Fletch---next year if we are in town, we will make sure we watch for Fletch!

BajaGeoff - 7-10-2009 at 12:18 PM

Great! We will definitely be back next year!

Fletch would be happy to give surf lessons to Cacahuate if she ever makes it up to San Diego!

Cypress - 7-10-2009 at 12:31 PM

Bigger waves? Depends upon the circumstances.:biggrin:

dtbushpilot - 7-11-2009 at 09:20 AM

When Cacawhate saw the video of the other dogs surfing she insisted that I get her a long board and take her to the next contest. She is learning on a very small board so she should be able to do backflips on a long board.

Do you leave the fins on the bigger boards when you use them for "dog surfing"?

shari - 7-11-2009 at 11:20 AM

i will suggest to the organizers that we have a doggie catagory for this years surf competiton during the Fiestas in mid august...so practise us peanut!

DianaT - 7-11-2009 at 12:41 PM

More really cute pictures of the contest, and I understand they raised many thousands of dollars for the charity.

http://www.loewssurfdog.blogspot.com/

BajaGeoff - 7-14-2009 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Do you leave the fins on the bigger boards when you use them for "dog surfing"?

Yes....the fins stay on. Smaller dogs definitely have an advantage too....for them it's like surfing on a tanker!