BajaNomad

Jimena

Pages:  1    3  ..  14

mulegemichael - 8-29-2009 at 06:55 AM

Looks like we might get a little wet. Tropical storm Jimena is off the coast around acapulco and is headed n/nw...cross your fingers, amigos.

TS Jimena

bajajudy - 8-29-2009 at 06:56 AM

jimena.gif - 36kB

vandenberg - 8-29-2009 at 07:58 AM

Since GFDL usually is the closest with their forecast, Cabo may be in for an event.

http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/images/ep200913_model

joel - 8-29-2009 at 08:24 AM

More humidity. Nice.

comitan - 8-29-2009 at 09:24 AM

Only 2 of the ships models predict it coming this way, but I'm with Vandenberg the GFDL model has shown to be the most accurate, batten down the hatches.

shari - 8-29-2009 at 09:53 AM

Hey Woody...happy now??:yes: I was checking the discussion on this baby and found this to be rather interesting....especially the part about "the highest value I have ever seen" hmmmm. Well, it will be something to get our panties in a knot over for the next week....will it or wont it...go west or east....cabo or mulege....etc etc....and it wont cool our temps down this week either...dang.

good luck everyone...hope it goes way west...we wanna go see if there is tuna next week.

The large-scale environment appears extremely favorable
for continued rapid strengthening...with very warm SSTs over
30c...very high mid-level humidity and low shear. The SHIPS rapid
intensification index is forecasting a 95 percent chance of a 35 kt
increase during the next 24 hours...the highest value I have ever
seen. In addition...all guidance shows this system becoming either
a category three or four hurricane. Thus...the official forecast
will show continued rapid strengthening...showing a 35-kt increase
from the 1200 UTC synoptic intensity of 60 kt. SSTs decrease in the
long-range...and weakening is shown after day 3.

bajajudy - 8-29-2009 at 10:12 AM

This one looks pretty scary
http://www.stormpulse.com/pacific/fullscreen/current
According to the above site, Tues Jimena will be 246 miles ssw of Cabo San Lucas as a hurricane cat 4.

comitan - 8-29-2009 at 10:16 AM

The stormpulse site is really good, also click on the arrows left bottom corner.

woody with a view - 8-29-2009 at 10:59 AM

WOW!

let's hope it stays offshore. better for everyone that way. either way, the surf will be impressive.... work sucks!!!!!!:fire:

Santiago - 8-29-2009 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
good luck everyone...hope it goes way west...we wanna go see if there is tuna next week.

Hey Shari: If it does go up your side, will it push warm water into your area? And might those warm waters have tuna and dorado? By the week after? Just curious......

shari - 8-29-2009 at 11:37 AM

santiago...this weeks storm pushed the warm water to us finally...it is up to the mid and high 70's now which has been lovely for cooling off with swims the last few days...Juan is jonsein to get out and look for tuna.

Some Punta Banda nomads will try their luck on monday to give a chance for he water to clear up a bit more after the huge swell we had.
White sea bass are in the little cove by our place...man oh man...what a delicioso fish we had last night on the barbie.

vandenberg - 8-29-2009 at 11:50 AM

Here a warning we got from the Baja Insider, one of the great information sites on approaching weather.

We know that sometimes news from our region is slow to reach our friends up north so we wanted to alert our readers to a developing hurricane in the Eastern Pacific.

Hurricane Jimena is now moving to the WNW some 740 miles SE of Cabo San Lucas. Current forecasts call for Hurricane Jimena to become a Major Hurricane (one of Category 3 or greater and winds in excess of 96kts) this weekend. Hurricane Jimena is over very warm water and strengthening quickly off the southern coast of Mexico.

The five day forecast calls for Hurricane Jimena to pass west of the peninsula late Tuesday and Wednesday as a Category 2 Storm. But the similarities to Hurricane John of 2003 are striking, so we here at the BajaInsider will be following this storm closely. Our 24hr coverage of the storm will begin Sunday night and continue until the threat to Baja has passed. (or we lose connection here in La Paz)

comitan - 8-29-2009 at 12:49 PM

I think we may get a double whami, another threat just popped up down south and if it forms, it will follow Jimena buy just 3-4 days.

[Edited on 8-29-2009 by comitan]

bajajudy - 8-29-2009 at 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
I think we may get a double whami, another threat just popped up down south and if it forms, it will follow Jimena buy just 3-4 days.

Wiley
If you are looking at wunderground and talking about invest 94...that is Jimena. For some reason they left it up. Look at the date....friday.
If not, I dont see what you are talking about.

comitan - 8-29-2009 at 03:00 PM

No not Jimena, Its coming thru Panama area way down in Hurricane alley. And anything at this point with warm water can turn.

Russ - 8-29-2009 at 03:09 PM

Everyone has their favorite sit to watch storms develop http://www.eebmike.com/ has a good write up on Jimena, imagery and predicted paths.

arrowhead - 8-29-2009 at 05:22 PM

On the current forecast, Jimena is going to go right over Isla Socorro.

BajaWarrior - 8-29-2009 at 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Everyone has their favorite sit to watch storms develop http://www.eebmike.com/ has a good write up on Jimena, imagery and predicted paths.

I like this forecast Russ.

Go west Jimena!

Hurricanes that push big waves combined with high tides spell disaster for my beach...

Photo from '95.

r.BeachHouseDamage.jpg - 45kB

Russ - 8-30-2009 at 05:46 AM

This is http://www.eebmike.com/ info this morning. I tried to consolidate some of the info on to one page. Hope it works.

Forcast 8:30:09 AM.jpg - 47kB

Bob and Susan - 8-30-2009 at 06:27 AM

we better prepare for punishment:o:o

ep200913_5day.gif - 37kB

Bob and Susan - 8-30-2009 at 06:30 AM

look how close it looks to
hurricane john that did ALOT of damage:O:O

hurricanejohn.gif - 13kB

Cypress - 8-30-2009 at 06:46 AM

After Hurricane John many Baja residents are hurricane "veterans" and know what's coming and how to prepare. Sure hope this one takes a westerly course.

vandenberg - 8-30-2009 at 06:57 AM

As Jimena is tracking more and more in an easterly direction, it shows again that the GFDL forecast is the more correct one, as it has been for years. Wouldn't be surprised if the storm ends up crossing the sea and ends up on the mainland. In the mean time, you folks on the cape, keep your fingers crossed.:(

Beachgirl - 8-30-2009 at 07:14 AM

What's with the "J" hurricanes? Juan...Julio...now Jimena? Should we worry every year when the J's roll in? Yep, we know the routine. Best thing I ever brought down to Mulege is our 24" angled floor squeegy. No kidding. Home Depot.

Hook - 8-30-2009 at 07:14 AM

Sure wish Mexico would have gotten it together and fixed some of their radar stations that have been DOWN for a year now.

Paulclark - 8-30-2009 at 07:23 AM

Los Cabos radar was working earlier this month. Lately they only turn it on during a storm, so hopefully they will turn it on today ---

http://www.passco.com/loscabos.htm

shari - 8-30-2009 at 07:46 AM

hmmmm...dont like the latest model russ....way too close for comfort!
beach girl...wish I had one of those squeegies...mopping sucks and we have to do it when the rain pours in the window and door frames.

Santiago - 8-30-2009 at 07:50 AM

Quote:
beach girl...wish I had one of those squeegies...mopping sucks and we have to do it when the rain pours in the window and door frames.

Enough already......back to Costco I go......jeje

shari - 8-30-2009 at 07:54 AM

glad you were listening in amigo although looks like you might get here after all the mopping is done and the fish are hungry!...will be great for the next one though...who knows where "Kevin" might hit.

oladulce - 8-30-2009 at 08:15 AM

Baja Warrior,

If I saw that picture of a US house I'd say 'bummer". Having experienced the time and effort involved to get your home built in Mexico, it hits the pit of my stomach.

That's a scary place to stand, by the way.

r.BeachHouseDamage.jpg - 45kB

ELINVESTIG8R - 8-30-2009 at 08:33 AM

God hear my prayer. Please be keep all of the Baja California residents and homeowners safe and with as little damage as possible. BETTER IF THERE IS NO DAMAGE. Amen!

Paulina - 8-30-2009 at 08:33 AM

Quote:
hmmmm...dont like the latest model russ....way too close for comfort!

Shari,

Are you guys seeing any swell yet? With the path the models are predicting, I'd suspect there's going to be many cars with surfboards on top heading south any time now, if not already. We want photos.

P.S. Sorry Woody

P.

shari - 8-30-2009 at 08:51 AM

It is eerily flat calm here...no swell, no wind, very hot....real ominous. We dont expect a swell for another few days...someone emailed me to suggest that I offer a Hurricaine Watching Package this week....hmmm....I'm always up for new ideas...but visitors need to bring their own floor squeegies!!!

One thing to note is that on thursday is the full moon so tides will be very high too which will be disasterous...big swell, rain, high winds, high tide = damage and flooding.
It will be interesting to see what those lots by the beach look like underwater...I'll try to take pics. I try to warn people who want to buy there...every few years it might flood!...pictures may help them believe me.

In Tofino, we had Storm Watching promotions....

this really reminds us of John...we watched him track up towards us ...coming...coming...coming...we could see it and then he whipped over to Mulege and all our days of fretting resulted in a 30 knott wind for a couple hours and a few minutes of rain....

maybe we should start a pool...on where and when Jimena will hit....

[Edited on 8-30-2009 by shari]

[Edited on 8-30-2009 by shari]

David K - 8-30-2009 at 08:53 AM

Quote:
It is eerily flat calm here...no swell, no wind, very hot....real ominous. We dont expect a swell for another few days...someone emailed me to suggest that I offer a Hurricaine Watching Package this week....hmmm....I'm always up for new ideas...but visitors need to bring their own floor squeegies!!!

In Tofino, we had Storm Watching promotions....

I believe the term is "The Calm Before The Storm"... Be safe Shari... and people: don't camp in any arroyos!

rocmoc - 8-30-2009 at 08:54 AM

Upgraded to a Cat 4.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090830/ap_on_re_us/tropical_wea...

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Hurricane Jimena

bajagrouper - 8-30-2009 at 08:58 AM

Watch the NOAA site, appears Hurricane Jimena approching Southern Baja Tuesday Or Wednesday...paz

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml?epac

[Edited on 8-30-2009 by bajagrouper]

[Edited on 8-30-2009 by bajagrouper]

baitcast - 8-30-2009 at 09:06 AM

I wonder what happens when two of these things merge? Russ our weather man?
Rob

HaciendaCerritos - 8-30-2009 at 09:15 AM

Here at Cerritos Beach, just south of Todos Santos - no swell, water pretty calm and not many surfers. We're battening down the hatches and saying our prayers.

woody with a view - 8-30-2009 at 09:29 AM

Paulina

this storm is not on an ideal track for a quick trip. if anything you'd be running for your life trying to get out after getting a few waves. sounds fun, huh? i know guys who do it though....

pictures welcome....

woody with a view - 8-30-2009 at 09:34 AM

they don't merge. i think the wind circulating around each storm causes them to repel each other. or was that planets and gravitational pulls?????

Russ - 8-30-2009 at 09:45 AM

IMHO I think the forecast map changed to show the influence of the other storm moving Jimena a bit East. Not good. I've started getting my casita ready now cuz I suspect I'll be getting some E-mails & phone calls. Most everyone prepares for the big one before they leave but there are always some special considerations to help with. Button up boys & girls I think we're gonna get WET! As Always it's a crap shoot. Hope it goes WEST!

[Edited on 8-30-2009 by Russ]

023412W5.gif - 27kB

Sunman - 8-30-2009 at 09:46 AM

Rats. This does not bode well for a Friday morning departure. :(

Bob H - 8-30-2009 at 10:25 AM

Increasing in strength... be prepared to evacuate.
Bob H

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090830/ap_on_re_us/tropical_wea...

Mexitron - 8-30-2009 at 10:32 AM

Stay safe Shari...I see what you mean about those ocean front lots! Hopefully it'll veer away from the coast. We were at Abreojos in 1998 when Hurricane Linda, the largest ever recorded in the eastern Pacific, thankfully started heading west saving the coastal fishing villages.

woody with a view - 8-30-2009 at 10:42 AM

i just heard some woman on tv say california's baja peninsula!!!:?:

Bill Collector - 8-30-2009 at 11:04 AM

Here on the East Cape we are starting to board, we live between Spa and Rancho Leonero.. We got our boat out this morning. Rancho Leonero, and Spa all have boats on shore. Palmas is now pulling their boats. Right now we have white caps and 14 mph winds. Not sure when we might see some outer bands. After John we are all very nervous but taking care to get things secured. Wish us well.
Rod & Barb

woody with a view - 8-30-2009 at 11:07 AM

i just ran into a guy at big 5 buying a grip of lantern mantels. he's on his way to sta rosalia to get his boat outta the water.

BUENA SUERTE, ALL!!!

pacside - 8-30-2009 at 11:23 AM

No shutters on casa on Cerritos beach. IF husband flys down tomorrow morning (Monday) will he be able to purchase 3/4" plywood in Cabo or is it sold out?

If anyone interested in assisting him we would make it worth your while.

Good luck everyone and here's hoping Jimenez and Kevin go east.

pacside

pacside - 8-30-2009 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by HaciendaCerritos
Here at Cerritos Beach, just south of Todos Santos - no swell, water pretty calm and not many surfers. We're battening down the hatches and saying our prayers.

HaciendaCerritos...please keep us posted as we're on same beach but are not there right now. Please check your U2U.
stay safe,
pacside

HaciendaCerritos - 8-30-2009 at 11:48 AM

Pacside-I just answered your u2u and like I said, just let me know if we can help. I can see your place quite clearly from here.
This hurricane will be a test for us - the first one since we finished up. I live at the hotel, if you want pics of your place, I can upload them (as long as we have internet) afterwards. Not too worried about electricity because we're on a generator.

Wind is breezy here, lots of surfers in the water now.
Good luck everyone.

pacside - 8-30-2009 at 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by HaciendaCerritos
Pacside-I just answered your u2u and like I said, just let me know if we can help. I can see your place quite clearly from here.
This hurricane will be a test for us - the first one since we finished up. I live at the hotel, if you want pics of your place, I can upload them (as long as we have internet) afterwards. Not too worried about electricity because we're on a generator.

Wind is breezy here, lots of surfers in the water now.
Good luck everyone.

Thanks HC got your U2U and really appreciate your offer of assistance and hopefully I won't have a need to see 'after' photos...:o

This is first hurricane for us too since we completed construction.

Be safe there at the hotel.

pacside

SiReNiTa - 8-30-2009 at 12:07 PM

yikes!!...lets just hope it goes by just like the rest of them...i remember john we lost one of our kitty cats...hope it isnt a dog this time :) good luck every one i'll be praying for ya :)

msteve1014 - 8-30-2009 at 01:02 PM

Going west isn't enough. We need it to start moving WAY west. Our place is all buttoned up. I think. I hope.

ibannie - 8-30-2009 at 01:38 PM

Oh boy - stay safe everyone. Looks like it could get mean this coming week. I will be hoping for good westward movement to happen before it gets to you.
Annie

Bob and Susan - 8-30-2009 at 02:11 PM

new update

204214W5_NL_sm.gif - 28kB

Bajagypsy - 8-30-2009 at 02:41 PM

yikes.... guess the roof on the casa will get broken in.... (hopefully with out the "broken" part).

comitan - 8-30-2009 at 02:44 PM

If you lived in La Paz right now you would think its here 40+knot winds heavy rain. Wahoo!!!!!!!!! And thunder & Lightening!!!!!!!!!!!! Close I'm shutting down!

[Edited on 8-30-2009 by comitan]

HaciendaCerritos - 8-30-2009 at 03:21 PM

pacside - Home Depot in Cabo only has 5/8" plywood - no 3/4" left in stock.
That 40mph wind came through here about an hour ago with heavy rain - now we have sunshine and a light breeze. I think it was a primer of what is to come.

JESSE - 8-30-2009 at 03:30 PM

Well, if this hits, this will go on record as the worst year ever in Baja.

woody with a view - 8-30-2009 at 03:31 PM

she seems to be turning north already. hopefully she'll just glance the cape region and then "look out below" for the mainland!!!!

sd - 8-30-2009 at 03:34 PM

Bill Collector and any others -

Please keep me updated if possible regarding East Cape area. I am scheduled to Fly in Friday for a 3 night stay at the East Cape for fishing.

I will check with the resort also, but sounds like I will need to postone the trip according to what I am reading.

Thanks,

Scot

Bajahowodd - 8-30-2009 at 03:49 PM

Comitan- You guys in La Paz are experiencing a large cell of thunderstorms. Jimena is still way South.

sd- If you're looking at Friday, Jimena will be long past. You might wish to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to see exactly where the storm hit.

Cypress - 8-30-2009 at 04:10 PM

Last prediction, it's gonna move toward the west. Good news, but don't bet on it.

DianaT - 8-30-2009 at 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Last prediction, it's gonna move toward the west. Good news, but don't bet on it.

Where did you read that prediction? We so much hope it goes WAY west.

Diane

BajaGringo - 8-30-2009 at 04:20 PM

Praying that you all stay safe down there...

Cypress - 8-30-2009 at 04:22 PM

The storm is gonna move towards the west according to the latest forecasts.

comitan - 8-30-2009 at 04:23 PM

well we got tested, at leastCFE did,vvv nothing in the house is on we only have 66Volts, so am on laptop hopefully they will have corrected by the tine jimena hits.

Hook - 8-30-2009 at 06:00 PM

Quote:
The storm is gonna move towards the west according to the latest forecasts.

Not really. 5 of the 6 computer models have it impacting Baja or the mainland east of Baja.

Should be a new forecast coming up in about 2 hours.

Cypress - 8-30-2009 at 06:18 PM

Geez! Maybe those fortune cookies were past their expiration date?

Cypress - 8-30-2009 at 06:22 PM

Fortune cookies. They're never wrong.:biggrin:

DianaT - 8-30-2009 at 06:24 PM

Quote:
Fortune cookies. They're never wrong.:biggrin:

Actually, they might be just as accurate as many forcasts. :yes:

Russ - 8-30-2009 at 06:30 PM

Looks like it makes Land fall around Scorpion Bay then heads towards Asuncion befor going out to sea via Guerro Negro. This will probabley change several times in the next hours/days. Just get ready before. We want everyone save!

Jimena 2PM forecast track.jpg - 48kB

shari - 8-30-2009 at 06:40 PM

nah...looks way south of where we are Russ...I'm hoping anyway but really just wish she would go due west...now so nobody is badly impacted...but we are all strategizing about how to protect things here anyway.

Russ - 8-30-2009 at 06:52 PM

Here too Shari. We all remember Johns' sneak attack. Maybe once it passes Cabo we could predict a course. Way to early.... especially with Keven forecast to peter out soon.

Russ - 8-30-2009 at 07:04 PM

For those curious about the tides at the time this is closest to Santa Rosalia. Predicted makes land fall around 2 PM almost due West of SR. I figure 6 hours either side of that for the largest impact. And that pretty much is the high tide. :no:

Mon to Thur SR tides.jpg - 47kB

Pescador - 8-30-2009 at 07:12 PM

The NOAA storm track projections have started coming much closer together and put this storm almost in exactly the same place. This is a really strong storm.

shari - 8-30-2009 at 07:22 PM

we have thick fog that rolled in around 7:00 as we were out for a swim...the water has warmed up since yesterday maybe 3 more degrees...gotta be up to 77 now and warming...oh oh. the fog has cooled things down nicely finally...we just arent used to temps in the high 80's.
The high tide will cause problems with the rain floods and big swell...hmmm

here is an interesting look at this gal.

[Edited on 8-31-2009 by shari]

jimena.jpg - 25kB

DianaT - 8-30-2009 at 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Any chance we can merge this post into the other:
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=41150&pag...

Good idea and Doug will probably do so---

Wish we were still in BA, but had to leave. We do have arrangements to have our windows boarded if needed, but we are still hoping that will not be necessary.

If it hits, we hope none of our places are hit too hard, and more importantly, that all the people in BA are safe.

Diane

[Edited on 8-31-2009 by jdtrotter]

Russ - 8-30-2009 at 07:22 PM

And for the Pacific side. predicted during lower tides.

[Edited on 8-31-2009 by Russ]

Bahia Ballenas Tide.jpg - 47kB

JESSE - 8-30-2009 at 07:36 PM

Those people in Paraiso del Mar are going to find out if they made a wise investment.

Hook - 8-30-2009 at 08:19 PM

WE have our 8pm PDT updates!!!!!!!!!

Most models now taking it slightly further east than previous predictions.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/ep200913.html

DianaT - 8-30-2009 at 08:19 PM

The 8pm update shows this one being pulled somewhat to the east--

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_ep3+shtml/023613.shtml?5-daynl#contents

noproblemo2 - 8-30-2009 at 08:24 PM

Stay safe all of you, my prayers are with you..

Paulina - 8-30-2009 at 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
Paulina

this storm is not on an ideal track for a quick trip. if anything you'd be running for your life trying to get out after getting a few waves. sounds fun, huh? i know guys who do it though....

pictures welcome....

Sounds fun? Sure does! We've chased them before only to have them fizzle out, or take another path. We'd love to experience one someday.

P.

Diver - 8-30-2009 at 08:43 PM

Looking worse all the time...

Jimena.gif - 23kB

waterfalls of sand

oladulce - 8-30-2009 at 10:42 PM

While you guys are passing the time til this thing decides where it's going to go, here's a re-run:

What it looks like around San Juanico when a storm (Fausto 1996) passes to the East and the weather comes from across the bay and off the "land". The last couple of shots are Hwy damage around La Pursima, Loreto, Mulege.

Fausto made a sharp right and crossed the peninsula between Todos Santos and La Paz, quite a bit south of us. The most current Jimena maps show the center skirting much closer to San Juanico. There will be lots of sand in the air and grit in the teeth.

Mulegena - 8-30-2009 at 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beachgirl
What's with the "J" hurricanes? Juan...Julio...now Jimena? Should we worry every year when the J's roll in? Yep, we know the routine. Best thing I ever brought down to Mulege is our 24" angled floor squeegy. No kidding. Home Depot.

Yep, my car went to the mechanic tonight for a thorough go-over for the dash down, and you bet I'll have a floor squeegy and square-head shovel in tow. Maybe another wheelbarrow as mine got gimped-up with TS Julio.

Am prepared for lots of hard work for the cleanup. The bright side is I always loose 5 pounds after each flood!

irenemm - 8-30-2009 at 11:53 PM

good luck to you all and hope for the best for everyone
never been through something like that . stay safe

JESSE - 8-31-2009 at 01:28 AM

Its going in tru Todos Santos.

Sharksbaja - 8-31-2009 at 02:42 AM

It's going to "drive me crazy!" :?:

Bob and Susan - 8-31-2009 at 04:36 AM

corky...its going to be bad for mulege

here the latest

ep200913_5day.gif - 37kB

Bob and Susan - 8-31-2009 at 04:39 AM

again...here is the track hurricane john too that did all the flooding

hurricanejohn.gif - 13kB

Bob and Susan - 8-31-2009 at 05:29 AM

actually it looks like mulege has a couple of days to prepare

very clear outside right now...no clouds at all
good solar day for the batteries:light:

Untstoremf.jpg - 41kB

Calm before the storm

Russ - 8-31-2009 at 06:18 AM

On the bright side

SR~8:31:09.jpg - 45kB

woody with a view - 8-31-2009 at 06:20 AM

she'll just scrape the tip and cross over to the mainland. just a guess, but i'm sticking to it.

edit: now that kevin has faded she may be a biatch.... look out below!

[Edited on 8-31-2009 by woody in ob]

shari - 8-31-2009 at 06:46 AM

Not looking good this morning for anyone here on the peninsula. i wonder if it might be interesting to open a Chat starting tomorrow starring those who are living here who can do live reports...till the power goes out...since most of us will be checking in here alot....maybe we can organize our Jimena Pool there:biggrin:...what do you think?

How are things in the cape region this morning??

Russ - 8-31-2009 at 06:51 AM

You better be right Woody. A lot of people are counting on you. Of course your chances of making friends on the main land are zilch now.

Cardon Man - 8-31-2009 at 07:05 AM

Quote:

How are things in the cape region this morning??

Fully over cast skies and drizzle. Very calm.

Paulclark - 8-31-2009 at 07:17 AM

East Cape - Castillo de Arena, 14 km. south of Cabo Pulmo -- surf is starting to build, flat calm, light rain, overcast 84 degrees, 74% humidity. Barometer 29.5 -- Now the waiting begins :rolleyes:

[Edited on 8-31-2009 by Paulclark]

Bajagypsy - 8-31-2009 at 07:18 AM

This is one scary looking Huricanne, I'm thinking of everyone in Baja, and hope that there is time to prepare, if anyone can truly prepare.
 Pages:  1    3  ..  14