BajaNomad

HEY NOMADS…WHERE’S YOUR HOME ?

Pages:  1  

AmoPescar - 3-9-2011 at 12:10 AM

Starting another new topic here.

Over the years of reading Baja Nomad, I’ve read about where some of you are from and what your home location and living situation is. Some have posted beautiful pictures of snow-bound cabins in the woods and riverfront homes, some live in California and some VERY FAR from Baja. It’s been fun to read about them and see the pics.

BUT…having read or known where some live, I’ve often wondered where the homes of many other fellow Nomads are located AND whether you might even be my neighbor here in the U.S. and I we don’t even know it!

WHAT I’M WONDERING about is…your regular, permanent home. The place you hang your hat when you’re NOT in Baja...the place where you raise your kids and maybe a dog or cat (or even a cow, pig or whatever!), the place where you pack TO GO to Baja!

SO, IF YOU WANT TO…share a little or a lot of information with us. Share whatever you want, But not too much if it makes you uncomfortable! If you want to share some extra detail, that would be okay too. LIKE maybe…do you live in a log cabin in the woods OR….??? …What city or town do you live in? …What state or province is it in? And…is your home located in the U.S. or maybe Canada?

AND… if you want o add a picture or two or even three of your cabin or house, THAT WOULD BE OKAY TOO! And…if it’s got you and the kids sitting on the porch swing…that would be even better!!

AND REMEMBER…just because you post here, it doesn’t mean we’ll be bothering you or dropping by to see you (unless we’re invited!)

CAN’T WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Take Care, Michael / Amo Pescar / Miguelamo :?: :saint: :?: :yes:

AmoPescar - 3-9-2011 at 12:16 AM

Here's MY info...

I live in Vista, California, in North San Diego County. I’m about 50 miles from the border at San Ysidro. Been here 16 months. I’m single these days and live in a roommate situation, renting from a buddy of mine in his condo.
I previously lived in Carlsbad for 10 years. I know a couple of other Nomads lived there too…El Jefe (Tom) and Baja Dogs (Mark).

David K and his wife Baja Angel live in Oceanside is just a few miles from me.

Miguelamo :yes: :) :cool: ;)

Mexicorn - 3-9-2011 at 06:46 AM

OK -First everyone posts a photograph of themselves right?
Now- everybody Posts just where they live in Mexico, is that the way this goes?
So now anyone who wants to see where I live in Mexico and my photograph is just going to look at this post and come on over right?
Sorry-
Fish aint bitting.....

Word to the wise dont post Photographs of yourselves on the internet or any personal information.

Trust me I know what I am talking about.

Sincerely
Corn Dog

Brian L - 3-9-2011 at 08:46 AM

Corn, you just busted AmoPescar's evil scheme to shed you of everything you own! The next post will ask exactly when everyone plans to be gone from either home, so he can then steal everything you got.

NOT.

Lighten up Francis.

I live in Alpine, CA. 20 miles north of Mexico, 25 miles east of downtown San Diego.

Mexicorn - 3-9-2011 at 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian L
Corn, you just busted AmoPescar's evil scheme to shed you of everything you own! The next post will ask exactly when everyone plans to be gone from either home, so he can then steal everything you got.

NOT.

Lighten up Francis.

I live in Alpine, CA. 20 miles north of Mexico, 25 miles east of downtown San Diego.

With all due respect I do know what I'm talking about.

Brian L - 3-9-2011 at 09:08 AM

I'm sure you do, but you should try and live by the motto written in your signature line.

larryC - 3-9-2011 at 09:11 AM

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after ya.

Santiago - 3-9-2011 at 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by larryC
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after ya.
:lol::lol::lol:

bajamedic - 3-9-2011 at 11:40 AM

Weaverville, CA is home, I also spend time at the cabin in Junction City, CA, Trinity County is home for me. JH

absinvestor - 3-9-2011 at 11:44 AM

Mexicorn- you may be right but I live in Wheat Ridge Co which is about 4 miles West of Denver. My picture and complete address is on several different internet sites. Recently I was visiting a friend in Washington and he mentioned his son who is a rodeo clown was in Denver for a rodeo. My house is for sale and I have a lock box with the key on the front door. I gave the lock box combination to the son (who I have never met) and told him to make himself at home. He stayed at the house 4 or 5 nights- When we returned to Wheat Ridge ( a couple of months later) we found the house spotless and a note thanking us etc. Someday my hospitality will probably come back to bite me but so far I have found that in general people are honest. Seems to be that "karma" thing. Ron

absinvestor - 3-9-2011 at 11:51 AM

Whoops- forgot the pics

ron and dogs baja reduced.jpg - 33kB

AmoPescar - 3-9-2011 at 12:40 PM

WOW MEXICORN...ARE YOU A LITTLE PARANOID???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Better be careful Brian...I'm going to come to Alpine and I'll be showing your picture around and checking EVERY home in town to see if you've gone to Baja!!

And hey Bajamedic...you'd better put some extra deadbolts on your doors and install some electronic surveillance because I'm on my way to Weaverville and Junction City to rob you blind!!!

And that goes for you too Absinvestor...my gang buddies from the Denver Hood should be knocking door to door right now looking for your house and just waiting for you to leave. Sure hope you don't niss your Big Screen TV to much!!!

Michael C :lol: :tumble: :lol: :tumble:

Oh crap...now you know the first letter of my last name and you know that I live SOMEWHERE in Vista...I guess I can kiss my extremely valuable coin collection goodbye!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AmoPescar - 3-9-2011 at 12:43 PM

OH YEAH....and You'd better watch out for BAD Santa. I'll be coming to ALL your homes on Christmas to rob, steal and pillage!!

Miguelamo :yes: :yes: :yes:

Mexicorn Makes a Good Point

Gypsy Jan - 3-9-2011 at 12:54 PM

Kidnappers and thieves troll the internet--Facebook especially, to mine information and find targets of interest.

Nomad postings are not immune to this activity, either.

The Natomas Farm

mcfez - 3-9-2011 at 04:33 PM

Here we are in the North Sacramento County....an area named Natomas.

We are currently building this organic farm (5 year project), and we do live here. A little house on the hill top overlooking the fields. Almost story book.

Sugar and Big Girl is out there inn the field.....Big Girl being formally a race horse. Boysenberry Mother crop in the rear. We be selling to a distillery in the Bay Area.

All this, and the big city is just 6 miles from us.

Any Santa Claus seen coming up our driveway will be dealt with in the strictest manner.

farm.jpg - 45kB

Mexicorn - 3-9-2011 at 04:58 PM

Ok Jump on the Mexicorn Paranoid band wagon!
So I see you are just a lovable old man with the best of intentions and welcome to the Baja Nomads!
However, I still believe it is not in your best interest to post personal information.

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid. (John Wayne)

AmoPescar - 3-9-2011 at 05:33 PM

Hey there Mexicorn,

GEE...thanks for welcoming me to the Nomad board...but you know...it should be ME welcoming YOU to the board!!

Even though I didn't sign up until 2006, I've known Doug (he's Nomad #1) since 2000 and when not traveling, had been reading the Nomad board since it's early days.

Michael :yes: :spingrin: :saint:

yellowklr - 3-9-2011 at 07:30 PM

San Diego,Ca (Mira Mesa area)

BajaWarrior - 3-9-2011 at 07:53 PM

We live in the Mission Bay area of San Diego and have owned this home for 18 years plus grew up in the same neighborhood since birth.

Mexicorn - 3-9-2011 at 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AmoPescar
Hey there Mexicorn,

GEE...thanks for welcoming me to the Nomad board...but you know...it should be ME welcoming YOU to the board!!

Even though I didn't sign up until 2006, I've known Doug (he's Nomad #1) since 2000 and when not traveling, had been reading the Nomad board since it's early days.

Excuse me Don Miguel

nbacc - 3-9-2011 at 08:31 PM

Bajamedic you are in my part of the world. I love Baja but also love Northern California...not so much when it snows, that is when i love Baja better. Of course it does not snow very often in Redding but it rains abit.

David K - 3-9-2011 at 08:50 PM

Oceanside, near Mission San Luis Rey and the El Camino Real that comes north from Loreto!

Pacifico is in the fridge, Baja maps are on my walls and Baja books and movies (Bajo California, Dust to Glory, Corazon Vaquero, etc.) are in my shelves! Mi Casa es Tu Casa... just call ahead!:D

stevelaubly - 3-9-2011 at 08:59 PM

My wife and I are in Fresno, Ca right now. After 3 years in Costa Rica, we came back here for the birth of our first grandson, and are helping with all the adjustments with our kids. Newly retired and soon to move full-time to Baja. Still don't know exactly where, but it will be soon and final.
And I still can't figure out how to get pics on this gal-derned website...:(

wakemall - 3-9-2011 at 09:03 PM

Fresno CA with a home and boat in Loreto. Cheap low cost place unlike gringo gulch. MX location is west of the soccer field in Col De Zaragosa. Stop by for a beer anytime. The only two story place around the soccer field.

bajamedic - 3-9-2011 at 09:27 PM

Quote:

Better be careful Brian...I'm going to come to Alpine and I'll be showing your picture around and checking EVERY home in town to see if you've gone to Baja!!

And hey Bajamedic...you'd better put some extra deadbolts on your doors and install some electronic surveillance because I'm on my way to Weaverville and Junction City to rob you blind!!!

And that goes for you too Absinvestor...my gang buddies from the Denver Hood should be knocking door to door right now looking for your house and just waiting for you to leave. Sure hope you don't niss your Big Screen TV to much!!!

Oh crap...now you know the first letter of my last name and you know that I live SOMEWHERE in Vista...I guess I can kiss my extremely valuable coin collection goodbye!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No problem, come on by, this guys BIG brother is just waiting to meet you. JH :lol:

[Edited on 3-10-2011 by BajaNomad]

AmoPescar - 3-9-2011 at 09:47 PM

Hey bajamedic...

You're too funny!! :tumble: :bounce:

I'll pass...he looks like he wants to eat ME!

Michael :spingrin::yes:

Native Angeleno!

El Vergel - 3-10-2011 at 08:10 AM

Greetings to All,

I currently have an apartment in beautiful Santa Monica (my Los Angeles address!), dating a woman ;Din Anaheim (my O.C. hang out), and have a REAL job in Irvine (that keeps me posted all over the West with projects that range from 18 to 24 months). But 35 KM past San Felipe is where I like to escape to the most, Vivah Campo El Vergel!

...and I'm way paranoid about being discovered! Please find me! HA!!!!

bajafreaks - 3-10-2011 at 08:47 AM

Gardnerville, Nevada which is aka the Carson Valley.
We are about 30 minutes from Tahoe and about an hour to Reno. Have lived here 13 years, originally from Nor.Cal.
Life is good.;D

Bob H - 3-10-2011 at 08:51 AM

San Diego CA, North County, just West of I-15 and South of Highway 56, on a canyon. Love it.

Now, how about also posting your Social Security Number! :spingrin:

Ken Cooke - 3-10-2011 at 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David KPacifico is in the fridge, Baja maps are on my walls and Baja books and movies (Bajo California, Dust to Glory, Corazon Vaquero, etc.) are in my shelves! Mi Casa es Tu Casa... just call ahead!:D

I can vow for this. David's home is the ultimate "Baja Pad.":lol:

TheBajaKid - 3-10-2011 at 09:54 AM

South of Fresno and anywhere in Baja.

My Baja Home

Ken Cooke - 3-10-2011 at 11:58 AM

Our home away from home...(Cramped quarters!)

bent-rim - 3-10-2011 at 12:32 PM

I live in Larkspur, Calif. about 15 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge. Our home is about a 20 minute hike to redwoods and waterfalls, we get about 45-60 inches of rain a year. It's quite a contrast from Baja.

bigboy - 3-10-2011 at 12:35 PM

Capistrano Beach, 0.5 miles to the harbor.

DENNIS - 3-10-2011 at 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bent-rim
I live in Larkspur, Calif. about 15 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge. Our home is about a 20 minute hike to redwoods and waterfalls, we get about 45-60 inches of rain a year. It's quite a contrast from Baja.

WOW....That's a lot of lluvia. You're probably adding to your total right about now.

DENNIS - 3-10-2011 at 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigboy
Capistrano Beach, 0.5 miles to the harbor.

Wazzis??? You don't mention your cottage abroad, here in PB??

24baja - 3-10-2011 at 01:41 PM

Grants Pass Oregon for us......and if you boys don't stop the peeing match I am gonna bring out the mommy voice!!!:yes:

durrelllrobert - 3-11-2011 at 10:53 AM

2 bedrooms, 2 baths in DENNIS's backyard :lol:

Sallysouth - 3-11-2011 at 10:59 AM

Hey bigboy!!Sounds like you live next door to me!!Capo Beach, and I am looking at the ocean right now from my home office.Tsunami day.....

bigboy - 3-11-2011 at 11:33 AM

Sallysouth........................We can see the ocean as well from our house!

Sallysouth - 3-11-2011 at 02:21 PM

What street r u on(if u want to post that here)? We are on Camino El Molino, about in the middle, one way street.I just noticed you have been registered since 2003!! Where ya been!!???:lol::?:

[Edited on 3-11-2011 by Sallysouth]

DENNIS - 3-11-2011 at 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sallysouth
Hey bigboy!!Sounds like you live next door to me!!Capo Beach, and I am looking at the ocean right now from my home office.Tsunami day.....

I tried to tell you guys this a couple of years ago, but...who listens to me.

It meant something to me 'cause I lived at Browns Trailer Park and the other Mobile Home Park up the road for ten years or so.
I was your neighbor.

bigboy - 3-11-2011 at 04:31 PM

Sallysouth,

Via California, and I remember bad bad Leroy Brown from the early 70's!

Cypress - 3-11-2011 at 04:36 PM

Nomads don't really have a home.;)

DanO - 3-11-2011 at 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress

Maybe not, but some of us have mortgages.

vgabndo - 3-11-2011 at 05:49 PM

And I know for sure that some of us have reverse mortgages.

Mt. Shasta California. I'm sure most of you could easily find enough information in 5 minutes to bring up a 360 degree picture of my house and cars. I know I can.

3600 ft. above the sea. At the foot of 14,179 foot tall Mt. Shasta. I flush my toilet with exactly the same Mt. Shasta water that Coca Cola was putting in their Dannon bottles until recently. First or second best municipal water in California year after year. We always flush twice because we know it has a really long way to go to your swimming pools in San Diego.:lol:

Sallysouth - 3-11-2011 at 06:20 PM

Well crap Dennis.I don't listen to anybody quite often.So you knew all along...I'll bet bigboy lives across the street from my brother and knows who I am...sigh.And yes, some of DO have homes and mortgages.Thanks for reminding me.:(:spingrin:Ok bigboy,send me a U2U, reveal your real identity!!Then we can share stories.

[Edited on 3-12-2011 by Sallysouth]

DENNIS - 3-11-2011 at 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sallysouth
Well crap Dennis.I don't listen to anybody quite often.So you knew all along...I'll bet bigboy lives across the street from my brother and knows who I am...sigh.And yes, some of DO have homes and mortgages.Thanks for reminding me.:(:spingrin:Ok bigboy,send me a U2U, reveal your real identity!!Then we can share stories.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Just for you Sal. The bigger pleasure will be when you meet his very cool wife, Christine......What a neat lady.

DENNIS - 3-11-2011 at 07:04 PM

Quote:

Every place is home. :biggrin:

Sallysouth - 3-11-2011 at 07:37 PM

Naw, I don't agree.Sometimes it just doesn't feel right.I guess its home for somebody, but maybe not me.But if you have NO choice at the time, then I guess you would call it "home", or something....I've spent time in beautiful, tropical places and there were times when I just wished I were really home-home.Maybe cause I am an old fart and won't put up with stuff like I used to be able to when I was a real nomad, gypsy,free-spirit,etc. Yup.Them were the days.At least I had them!!I'm getting a funny feeling here.I know bigboy, his wife AND Dennis?????He called me Sal.Only my best friends do that.

[Edited on 3-12-2011 by Sallysouth]

DENNIS - 3-11-2011 at 09:53 PM

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ELINVESTIG8R - 3-12-2011 at 08:41 AM

I have a mortgage in Lake Elsinore California with six more years until I pay it off. I then stop working, I hope!

durrelllrobert - 3-12-2011 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R
I have a mortgage in Lake Elsinore California with six more years until I pay it off. I then stop working, I hope!
back in the eary 60's I lived over the hill in Quail Valley and hung out at Roy's Holiday Bar on south end of Elsinore. Is it still there?

stanburn - 3-13-2011 at 12:40 AM

Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico. It's marvelous, I live there full-time. Well the cyberstalker I had about a year ago doesn't think I think it is marvelous, but he (she?) is wrong.

One place Up North - On the Border

Pompano - 3-13-2011 at 07:12 AM

This is one of my haunts Up North. The Rainy River, which flows into Lake of the Woods, Northwest corner of Minnesota.

God made this waterworld as a gift to fishermen. :saint: :rolleyes:

I could almost hit a golf ball into Canada from my front yard. But I would never take a chance on beaning an otter. ;)

volcano - 3-13-2011 at 08:09 AM

cave junction, oregon (near Grants Pass), and East Cape just south of Castillo de Arena

DENNIS - 3-13-2011 at 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by volcano
cave junction, oregon (near Grants Pass), and East Cape just south of Castillo de Arena

Drank a pitcher of suds in a beer bar waiting on Chinese Food in Cave Junction a few years back. Nice little town.

bajabass - 3-13-2011 at 08:21 AM

I finally vacated Orange County, and am looking out on Bahia De La Paz from my livingroom in El Centenario! Gracias Mi Dios!!!! :spingrin:

Marc - 3-13-2011 at 08:24 AM

San Francisco. Along Park Presidio Drive a few steps from the Rose Garden in Golden Gate Park.

Bajatripper - 3-13-2011 at 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior
We live in the Mission Bay area of San Diego and have owned this home for 18 years plus grew up in the same neighborhood since birth.

Hey, Bajawarrior, perhaps we know each other. I'm a grad of Mission Bay HS, class of '74. Lived on Bond Street for a few years. Beautiful place.

In more recent years, before making the permanent move to La Paz, I called Whidbey Island, WA home. While I love it down here, I do, on ocassions, miss the great Pacific Northwest--especially during those hot, humid Aug/Sep days.

LaloinBaja - 3-13-2011 at 10:15 AM

Hola...WE live in Las Ventanas BCN.....Travel South whenever we can...BA...Mulege....Bahia Tortugas......Abre Ojos....Or where ever....Love this site...thank you all for all your advice and info...I have been traveling up and down Baja for over 50 years..Still learn something new every day....Lalo

Bajatripper - 3-13-2011 at 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R

When I remember a while back that someone on the board was asking for help in getting from one place in San Diego to another and you jumped in to offer him a ride, I must say that I am doubly impressed to read that you live in Lake Elsinore. That's quite a drive to do someone a favor. Good on you!

Bajatripper - 3-13-2011 at 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabass
I finally vacated Orange County, and am looking out on Bahia De La Paz from my livingroom in El Centenario! Gracias Mi Dios!!!! :spingrin:

You must be up on the hill. Otherwise, you are looking out on the Ensenada de los Aripes--the correct name for the waters inside of the Mogote sandspit, which is a carefully guarded secret.

toneart - 3-13-2011 at 11:21 AM

Quote:

Papa Was a Rolling Stone Lyrics
Artist(Band):The Temptations

It was the third of September.
That day I'll always remember, yes I will.
'Cause that was the day that my daddy died.
I never got a chance to see him.
Never heard nothing but bad things about him.
Mama, I'm depending on you, tell me the truth.

And Mama just hung her head and said,
"Son, Papa was a rolling stone.
Wherever he laid his hat was his home.
(And when he died) All he left us was ALONE."
"Papa was a rolling stone, my son.

Well, well.

Hey Mama, is it true what they say,
that Papa never worked a day in his life?
And Mama, bad talk going around town
saying that Papa had three outside children and another wife.
And that ain't right.
HEARD SOME talk about Papa doing some store front preaching.
TalkIN about saving souls and all the time leeching.
Dealing in debt and stealing in the name of the Lord.

Mama just hung her head and said,
"Papa was a rolling stone, my son.
"Hey, Papa was a rolling stone.

Uh!

Hey Mama, I heard Papa call himself a jack of all trade.
Tell me is that what sent Papa to an early grave?
Folk say Papa would beg, borrow, steal to pay his bill.
Hey Mama, folk say that Papa was never much on thinking.
Spent most of his time chasing women and drinking.
Mama, I'm depending on you to tell me the truth. Mama looked up with a tear in her eye and said,
"Son, Papa was a rolling stone. (Well, well, well, well)
"Papa was a rolling stone.

"I said, Papa was a rolling stone. Wherever he laid his hat was his home.

Cypress - 3-13-2011 at 11:39 AM

toneart, We'll just keep on rolling.:tumble:

toneart - 3-13-2011 at 11:43 AM

Quote:
toneart, We'll just keep on rolling.:tumble:

Yeah, but rolling responsibly, hopefully.:bounce:

turtleandtoad - 3-13-2011 at 12:27 PM

Well, I guess we can claim to be real Nomads. Here's us and our 'house'.

And here's a shot of the back, just so people know what our preferences are.

As to where we're from; both of us started RVing from the Seattle area. We actually didn't meet until a few years later. Now the closest thing we can call as 'home' is a cement pad in an RV park in the Brownsville, TX area; where we pause in our travels long enough to get caught up with our doctors and make any needed repairs.

We are the ultimate 'Snowbirds', we go north in the summer and south in the winter. Our goal in life is to maintain a 65 - 85 daytime ambient temperature, and to see as much of the world as possible while doing it.

Lately we have been exploring mainland Mexico but still try to get back to my first love, Baja Sur!

AmoPescar - 3-13-2011 at 12:40 PM

Hi Nomad Amigos...we're on a roll here...keep up the good work!

Very interesting posts about your home bases. Amazing how Baja draws us from all over the U.S.!

Miguelamo :bounce: :tumble: :spingrin:

Cypress - 3-13-2011 at 01:02 PM

turtleandtoad, You are indeed "Nomads".:spingrin:

Debra - 3-13-2011 at 03:24 PM

Hey Amo...........I still live in the same place as I did when I first met you 10yrs. ago. I have to live far, far away from you so you can't find my house :lol::lol::lol:

Baja4Rnr - 3-13-2011 at 04:25 PM

Currently live in Sacramento along the Sacramento River. Have previously lived in New York and Washington DC. All interesting places with something to offer.

Bajatripper - 3-13-2011 at 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by turtleandtoad
Well, I guess we can claim to be real Nomads. Here's us and our 'house'.

From an anthropological perspective, that's hilarious!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Barry A. - 8-17-2011 at 04:09 PM

26 years in Redding, Ca at the extreme north end of the Sacramento Valley. Prior to that from birth Coronado, CA for 30 years, and a lot of places all over this Country in-between. We have a second home in Independence, CA (Eastern Sierra) where my son lives full time and calls it "home".

Thanks to the Stock Market we don have any mortgages, and don't own anybody a cent, and haven't for about 12 years. :tumble:

Life is REALLY good, especially in this Country. :spingrin:

Barry

DENNIS - 8-17-2011 at 05:18 PM

Here's mine:

http://micasaes.net/

bajamigo - 8-17-2011 at 05:22 PM

You need to update the pictures so we can see the casita-in-progress (looks great, so far).

El Comadante Loco - 8-17-2011 at 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexicorn
Quote:
Hey there Mexicorn,

Excuse me Don Miguel

HEY: Feeelin neglected who is going t welcome me to the Board, just kidding.

We live in HELL CENTRO, sorry I mean El Centro and spend a deal of time in Mexicali, with friends, food, diesel, meds, and dentist.

Have had a place in San Felipe since the late 80's..

Mi casa es su casa: take what you need if you can stand the heat!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ECL

Bajame - 8-17-2011 at 05:37 PM

San Ignacio is where I live and travel to Thousand Oaks to visit family. Family in Grass Valley and Baltimore where I am now.

DENNIS - 8-17-2011 at 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamigo
You need to update the pictures so we can see the casita-in-progress (looks great, so far).

I don't want to jump the gun. If I survive one more day through completion of the roof without going over the side, I'll have new faith in the "Gawd of Old Fat Men" who shouldn't be doing things like that . [not Gawd, but me]

Thanks.

woody with a view - 8-17-2011 at 06:41 PM

hey D, i just put 19 squares on my roof after the previous bastard left me 4 layers to remove - 3 guys 8 hours each. 2 coil nailers going took me and a buddy about 13 hours each to install after the previous 10 hour day of removing and reinstalling new fascia, then drying in. saved myself over 5g's from what the home depot guy quoted.....

don't get me wrong, it took me a week to recover.....:light:

[Edited on 8-18-2011 by woody with a view]

DENNIS - 8-17-2011 at 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
hey D, i just put 19 squares on my roof after the previous bastard left me 4 layers to remove - 3 guys 8 hours each. 2 coil nailers going took me and a buddy about 13 hours each to install after the previous 10 hour day of removing and reinstalling new fascia, then drying in. saved myself over 5g's from what the home depot guy quoted.....

don't get me wrong, it took me a week to recover.....:light:

Four layers?? WOW. That's a lot of kilos off the top of your casa, Woody. About two lay-overs too many.

I use a gun, but getting up and down ain't what it used to be.
Oh, well......can't stop now. What would we do if we didn't keep trying?

woody with a view - 8-17-2011 at 07:01 PM

yep. when i covered the patio in december i took apart the first 3 courses to get the new overlap right and the layer or 2 above the paper was turning to dust in places. could have been the original shingles. i wish i was closer, i'd be there in a minute to help you-for the price of a ballena at sunset each day.

nose to the grindstone Bud, it's all we;ll ever know.....

DENNIS - 8-17-2011 at 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
i wish i was closer, i'd be there in a minute to help you-for the price of a ballena at sunset each day.

nose to the grindstone Bud, it's all we;ll ever know.....

More appreciated than you will ever know, Woody. I'm almost done and it won't leak....not in my lifetime anyway.
SALUD

Marc - 8-17-2011 at 07:10 PM

Quote:

Funding Junction City may be a challenge.
I know because my son lives there.:?::?::?::lol::lol::lol:

J.P. - 8-17-2011 at 07:24 PM

I live up the road from Dennis and across the street from Baja Amigo.:cool::cool:

dizzyspots - 8-17-2011 at 09:20 PM

Vail, AZ about 10 miles due east of Tucson and 5 miles North of I-10
but would really rather be on the beach
PS grew up on Long Island, NY

cheers

if i could post a picture i would

wsdunc - 8-18-2011 at 09:25 AM

Orange CA

jbcoug - 8-18-2011 at 10:52 AM

Vancouver WA USA

jgoofylizzard - 8-18-2011 at 11:36 AM

Vancouver, Wa.

jbcoug= same city..we must be neighbors;D

home

Skipjack Joe - 8-18-2011 at 11:48 AM

home.jpg - 49kB

scouter - 8-18-2011 at 12:29 PM

Huntington Beach Ca & Blythe Ca

& Baja after I retire

AmoPescar - 8-18-2011 at 01:19 PM

Hey Scouter...

I grew up in HB. Went to HBHS..class of 68.

Was there last weekend at my brothers. Still get up several times a year.

Hoping for retirement in Baja too!

Michael

AmoPescar - 8-18-2011 at 01:23 PM

THANKS TO DAVID FOR THE BUMP!

And thanks to ALL who have replied! I thought this thread had died off.
Glad that it back up and running.

Michael/Miguelamo

bigboy - 8-18-2011 at 01:24 PM

Capistrano Beach and a home in Campo La Jolla Punta Banda. We spend about a third of our time at our Baja home!

[Edited on 8-18-2011 by bigboy]

scouter - 8-18-2011 at 02:44 PM

AP I went to Marina class of 76 my girls went there too , my older son is at HB and youngest will go there in a couple years, HB is not what it used to be lots of people and TRAFFIC ,
this is a interesting thread , BAJA has always pulled from so cal, seams like there folks from lots of places, who on the board lives the farthest from BAJA??

Martyman - 8-18-2011 at 03:46 PM

Sebastopol CA

Marla Daily - 8-18-2011 at 04:05 PM

Carpinteria,CA

SFandH - 8-18-2011 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marla Daily
Carpinteria,CA

I've always thought that's such a strange name for a city. It translate to "carpentry", right? How did that name come about? Is it next to Pottery, CA.? Enquiring minds want to know.

[Edited on 8-18-2011 by SFandH]

David K - 8-18-2011 at 04:38 PM

When the Spanish explorers visited the region, the local natives were seen building with wood... (this is from my lost Ca history mind, lol... it might even be true)!

BajaKeela - 8-18-2011 at 04:51 PM

Port Alberni Vancouver Island Canada

bajamigo - 8-18-2011 at 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
Quote:
Originally posted by Marla Daily
Carpinteria,CA

I've always thought that's such a strange name for a city. It translate to "carpentry", right? How did that name come about? Is it next to Pottery, CA.? Enquiring minds want to know.

[Edited on 8-18-2011 by SFandH]

So how do you feel about Manteca, CA?

Pages:  1