BajaNomad

Abalone Burgers...man oh man!!!

shari - 4-28-2012 at 12:40 PM

For the past couple weeks, we have been getting the trimmings of the abalone that they can here. It is alot of work to clean them but worth the time. Today I ground some up and made burgers out of them that were unbelievably delicioso. I look forward to sharing them with our visitors.

Other things that this ground abalone is great for is making sausage, a "hamburger helper" type thing with pasta...spagetti sauce...abalone meat balls...crema de abulon ( like a dip)...anything you might use hamburger for. We look forward to serving it at the Tide Pool Bistro at the campground which will be open again this season for sushi, fish tacos, sashimi, abalone burgers, pizza and pie.

It is available at the coop food stores here during abalone season...which is going very well by the way. The fishermen have a few days off due to big swell so Juan will be fishing...fresh calico I hope tonight.

woody with a view - 4-28-2012 at 12:56 PM

damn, we gotta get back down there..... c'mon tuna!

Cisco - 4-28-2012 at 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
For the past couple weeks, we have been getting the trimmings of the abalone that they can here. It is alot of work to clean them but worth the time. Today I ground some up and made burgers out of them that were unbelievably delicioso. I look forward to sharing them with our visitors.

Other things that this ground abalone is great for is making sausage, a "hamburger helper" type thing with pasta...spagetti sauce...abalone meat balls...crema de abulon ( like a dip)...anything you might use hamburger for. We look forward to serving it at the Tide Pool Bistro at the campground which will be open again this season for sushi, fish tacos, sashimi, abalone burgers, pizza and pie.

It is available at the coop food stores here during abalone season...which is going very well by the way. The fishermen have a few days off due to big swell so Juan will be fishing...fresh calico I hope tonight.

Shari, STOP IT!!!

Will be another couple of months.

Abrazos,

Cisco

Russ - 4-28-2012 at 01:35 PM

Ab lip abodigas (sp). Sounds good to me:light:

Don't make me beg!

Howard - 4-28-2012 at 01:38 PM

Do you deliver? Mucho frio Pacifico's and whatever your and Juan's heart desires will be waiting in exchange.

Road trip to Loreto?

surfdoc - 4-28-2012 at 02:50 PM

Had one today..........DA BOMB!!!

These are tasty.......if the fishing here in Asuncion isn't enough.. trust me the Abi Burgers are worth the potholes from Vizcaino!!!

Soooo Good!........and wait til ya try some of the other dishes Sirena has been cooking up...:bounce:

David K - 4-28-2012 at 02:57 PM

Bad Roads = Good FOOD! :wow:

Cypress - 4-28-2012 at 03:20 PM

kinda like gar sausage.;D

Why didn't I think of that?

durrelllrobert - 4-28-2012 at 04:09 PM

When my neighbor up north used to bring me 10 inch reds I used to get 4 nice steaks out of them and throw the trimings away.

acadist - 4-28-2012 at 05:50 PM

such a long detour on the way to La Paz.....maybe the way back

watizname - 4-29-2012 at 12:36 PM

I'm dyin' here. Last time I had abolone was at Mallarrimo about 7-8 years back. The place was crowded and the waiter said he did'nt have any, then the place emptied and he came to our table and said he did have some. It was worth the price. I just love that stuff.:smug::smug::smug:

Cypress - 4-29-2012 at 02:43 PM

Ground abalone? Ground goat? Ground anything without very careful oversight could be most anything.

Udo - 4-29-2012 at 03:01 PM

GROUND ABALONE

That is one where Shari and everyone else who has eaten it, has got it over me.
Never eaten it...and I'm dying to try it!

shari - 4-29-2012 at 09:09 PM

woody...we have a stash put away with your name on it amigo!

definately the best burgers I've ever had...more tomorrow surfdoc so stop on over!

boe4fun - 4-30-2012 at 07:55 AM

Save some for us amiga!

boe4fun - 4-30-2012 at 07:55 AM

I'm sending Shelley down to See's Candy in SLO to corner the market on some chocolate for you. Maybe if you can get enough of the trimmings from the co-ops, Sirena could add "Ab-burgers" to the menu at the tidepool when she opens it. Also, Shelley poached some halibut and served it over Traders Joes polenta, topped with TJ's bruchetta, capers and sprinkled with parmesian cheese that Sirena might want add to the menu - DEEEELISH!

[Edited on 5-2-2012 by boe4fun]

shari - 4-30-2012 at 08:08 AM

you got it Paul...tell shelley I'll trade for chocolate!!!jajajaja

Howard...sorry amigo...I dont dare go to the gulf side after May...you're gonna have to make a trip over for your burgers.

Udo - 4-30-2012 at 08:16 AM

Shari, please freeze some for us too!

I'll trade you for anything you need when we come down next month.

shari - 4-30-2012 at 09:29 AM

OK amigo Udo...gotta bag with your name on it too....hmm...trade that fancy dancy sailing kayak??? kidding!!!

mulegemichael - 4-30-2012 at 09:44 AM

ok amiga, do i dare ask if you found ours yet?...my mouth is watering...

boe4fun - 5-1-2012 at 06:22 PM

Shari, check out my edited post above your next to last posting.

shari - 5-2-2012 at 07:09 AM

Paul...oh man that Shelley sure can cook...miss her! You can be that ab-burgers will be on the menu!...if we dont eat em all and trade all the packages I've vacuum packed before then:O