BajaNomad

Out"witnessing" the Jehovahs

jrbaja - 11-9-2004 at 12:17 PM

Seems to me that there is some sort of takeover going on here in Rosarito. First came the platoons of realtors which as far as helping any of the locals go, they just don't.
Then came the jehovahs witnesses. Now I don't mind religion, it keeps people from murdering and robbing. But, I don't particularly enjoy having it delivered. If it came with Pizza and beer, I would be a little more receptive but it doesn't.
Yesterday, they arrived:lol: And immediately seemed to think we were long lost friends.
After taking inventory, I realized that I knew where all my friends were so none of them were long and lost. These were new guys.
Then, after everything I had to say, and then listening to what page my comments were on in his "little black book", I asked them what exactly they are doing to help the locals.
They are spreading the word to the world. Eternal peace for all who follow and blah blah blah.
"No, but what are you doing for the locals now?" I replied. "Many of them are hungry, with no jobs, and no health care benefits". They need action!
" Did you make the bamboo rack?" Yep, I use it for transporting bamboo, clothing, food, school supplies, baseball gear, insect repellants and damn near everything you can imagine rural folks needing.

That was the end of my harassment by the delivery guys. In fact, I may have converted them!:lol::lol::lol:

We will see if my next issue of the Watchtower comes with Pizza and beer:lol::lol::lol:
Praise the Board:biggrin:

surfer jim - 11-9-2004 at 01:14 PM

Do not tell them about NOMADS....but feel free to send them to LA FONDA for lunch....:lol:

Natalie Ann - 11-9-2004 at 02:17 PM

Was visiting a friend when the Witnesses knocked on the door... Butch said "invite them in". We welcomed them into his home, made it obvious we were locking the door, then Butch calmly but determinedly began putting back together the handgun he'd just been cleaning - all the while looking from them to the gun and the box of bulllets nearby. When he made a move to reach for the box, those Witnesses nearly broke the window to make a hasty retreat. Laughed myself silly, I did. ;):biggrin:

Bob H - 11-9-2004 at 02:29 PM

Invite them in, pop open a beer, turn on the TV to a football game, light up a cigar, (loud burp) and tell them that this is how you practice your religion and invite them to join you!

I think.....

Tucker - 11-9-2004 at 02:33 PM

a simple "no thank you, I have my own religion" suffices.

[Edited on 11-9-2004 by Tucker]

elizabeth - 11-9-2004 at 02:34 PM

We live up a fairly long dirt (or mud) driveway and no solicitors show up except there were some jw's...I asked if they minded if I drew pentacles on their foreheads when we talked...and mentioned something about witchcraft...they've never been back!

Thanks Tucker

jrbaja - 11-9-2004 at 02:58 PM

Always the life of a party!:lol::lol::lol:

FrankO - 11-9-2004 at 05:51 PM

I remember feeding beer and shooting some pool w/some young missionaries once. We were working on my buddy's car out in a pretty rural area and these two kids show up and want to talk God. We tell there's beer in the fridge and a pool table inside and to help themselves because we're working. They hit it for about 2 hours and left happy. Take into mind we were only 17 ourselves... I wouldn't do that now.

FrankO - 11-9-2004 at 05:53 PM

JR:
Quote:

Now I don't mind religion, it keeps people from murdering and robbing.

Are you being tongue in cheek again?;)

elgatoloco - 11-9-2004 at 06:42 PM

We had some dyslexic Jehovahs Witness knock on our back door and ask if we wanted to hear about thier dog. :rolleyes::biggrin::saint:

I consider all people on this planet

jrbaja - 11-9-2004 at 06:49 PM

as equals. Unfortunately, that usually only lasts until they say something:lol:

Sometimes, I am surprised.

Gato calmate

jrbaja - 11-9-2004 at 06:50 PM

You are going to ruin my keyboard and moniter:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

JW Welcoming

briantroy - 11-9-2004 at 07:12 PM

We were sitting around with a keg one day when we saw some JWs coming up the street. My buddy decided he would answer the door. They knocked and he threw open the door, totally nude and beer in hand. They looked pretty shocked and despite his pleadings, they wouldn't come inside.

Bob and Susan - 11-9-2004 at 07:12 PM

Where is Bruce when we NEED him....:lol::lol:

4baja - 11-9-2004 at 07:54 PM

when i see them comeing i put on my favorite AC/DC cd loud and then grab my favorite cigar( large) and grab a tall boy (bud)and with my dog barking i ask them if theres any thing i can do for them. all i end up seeing is the bottem of there feet as i see them running. dont bother!!!!!! :lol::coolup:

El Jefe - 11-9-2004 at 08:13 PM

My mother is a Witness and she is a pretty nice lady. I would rather have people come to my door now and then to profess their beliefs than force them down my throat through the political process. At least witnesses are non-political. I have heard their dogma for years and do not buy it, especially the idea of Truth with a capital T. However, they do me no harm and I kind of have to respect their level of faith that carries them to the doors of some pretty, shall I say, interesting folks.:O
That said, please keep your pants on when my mommie knocks on your door. Usually a simple "not interested" and a gentile closing of teh door will suffice.
By the way, my witness cousins are the hardest partiers I know. They got some strange ideas as far as religion goes but they are a Fun group.

Bruce R Leech - 11-9-2004 at 09:20 PM

I'm here .

I'm going to try the beer and pizza thing next time

BajaGrrls - 11-10-2004 at 11:10 AM

In all my years of living in "the bible belt" I have never had a JW come to my door. Maybe it's the "High Life" door mat. While I feel like I've missed out on this rite of passage, maybe it's like jury duty. Once they find you, you can't get rid of them.

Would you like me to send you

jrbaja - 11-10-2004 at 11:13 AM

the current issues of Watchtower and Awake?:lol: I just happen to have them.

BajaGrrls - 11-10-2004 at 11:26 AM

Ok, I don't feel that left out. I did see them standing outside the grocery store though, and I wondered why they looked like well dressed drug dealers.

Shame! Shame! Shame! on all of You!

Skeet/Loreto - 11-10-2004 at 02:15 PM

After all of the years I prefer to be kind and just say that "I am Not interested".
I much prefer the JWs coming up to my Door instead of the following:

Hate Filled Lefty Howard Dean/John Kerry Type.

Young Folk full of Drugs and Beer with rings in their Mouth and Face Half dressed. stinking from no Bath.

A PHD Type tring to sell "Gold Futures " >

The Jevoahs and Mormons are the fastest growing Religion in the US. Mabybe "Family Values and Work and Decency have something to do with People wanting to be Religious.

You Seculars just got a Ass Whupping in the Election, seems as if you would get some Smarts and Join the party become Rich so all those with out could be jealous!

Skeet/Loreto

DanO - 11-10-2004 at 04:56 PM

Back in the early 70s, my old man and I were working on a car at our ranch, about 8 miles east of Oroville, California. At the time, that was pretty much the middle of nowhere. It was August, and about 105 degrees in the shade. Out of the shimmering haze appeared these two young guys in white shirts with ties, black hats, black shoes, carrying their coats. They came trudging up the drive from the road, the sweat pouring off them in rivulets. One of them started off with his spiel, and my dad rolled out from under the car, looked up and said "sorry son, but we're Jews. Help yourself to some water from the hose if you like," then rolled back under the car. They blinked, looked at each other, handed me the Watchtower, and trudged on down the road to the next place, about a mile away. Guess they weren't expecting to run across members of the tribe in that part of the country.

As for Skeet's comment, I've always felt that there are three things you should never get mixed up with each other -- sports, politics and religion.

OH MY DOG!!!

Eli - 11-10-2004 at 05:50 PM

This has got to be the funniest thread I have ever read. Totaly, completly laughed my fanny off at EVERYONE'S comments. Thanks You Guys, whew, I needed that, your all to much!

Oso - 11-10-2004 at 08:23 PM

A bit dated, but...

Q. What's the difference between a Jehovah's Witness and a Yugo?

A. You can shut the door on a Jehovah's Witness,

My wife's Catholic. I'm not, but I still got her a small plaster Virgin of Guadalupe for the "nicho" in the corner by the front door. When they show up and I answer the door, I just point to the Virgin, wag my index finger back and forth, pretend I don't speak Spanish (unless one of them speaks English, then I pretend I'm mute.) and shut the door.

If my wife answers, she talks to them and ends up promising to read the copy of Watchtower they leave. She also feeds the damn pigeons. Same thing, it just makes them come back.:fire:

Do not come back here

jrbaja - 11-10-2004 at 08:34 PM

without pizza and beer like the rest of my friends. It's a matter of respect when you visit someone unannounced.
If you do, I will let go of the dogs.

Oso,

Keri - 11-10-2004 at 08:34 PM

I like your wife, PS I just shut the door. I don't like people putting their religion on me. I'm very opinionated. I try not to put my views on others unless like minded and I wish the same for me . I do however like open discussions , I learn from that. k

vgabndo - 11-10-2004 at 11:13 PM

I like to make a little game of it. I tell them I'll answer two of their questions if they'll answer two of mine. My first question is:

Why do churches need lightning rods?

If a church is a "house of God", and a lightning strike is an "act of God" why would I want to believe in a claimed omnicient, omnipotent diety that would burn its own house down if wasn't protected by a man-made lightning rod?

Some cults have their story a little better together than others, but none of them have ever had an answer to my simple questions.

Natalie Ann - 11-11-2004 at 12:37 AM

When folks selling religion come by, my mom has always said, "Can't change my religion; my husband's a priest." During the moment of hesitation as they digest that comment, she closes the door. Has worked well for her for many years.

[Edited on 11-11-2004 by Natalie Ann]

4baja - 11-11-2004 at 07:29 AM

they would get alot more people to listen if they would show up with a twelve pack and a bag of peanuts, at least untill the last bottle is empty:coolup:

IF YOUR LOOKING TO CHANGE THE WORLD AS A BETTER PLACE IT STARTS AT YOUR OWN FRONT DOOR!

Daniel Travieso - 11-11-2004 at 08:24 PM

Text

For the most part people who visited and lived in Baja are kind, considerate, and caring people like so many of the Mexican people that everyone so often describes. However, hypocrites like **** and **** and others who constantly berate ?GRINGOS? for destroying Baja and not acting ?Human? are themselves so malcontent with themselves and their lives they are in fact the very people they so love too hate. ****?s solution to strangers at his door by ?inciting his dogs on any uninvited guest that happen to come upon his property that don?t have the proper refreshments? as well as **** stating: ?If mommy goes around knocking on strangers doors then she is fair game for whatever happens.? case in point! I can remember when my mother worked door-to-door selling encyclopedia?s just to put food on our table. I am sure if ****?s or ****?s mother was working door to door I seriously doubt they would want ?her to be fair game for whatever happens.? How sad it is that people who believe so strongly in something religious or otherwise who have the guts too go door to door get so little respect especially from the people who portray themselves to be not like their fellow countrymen but have a new awakening just because they moved to Baja. ****, **** and your clan so optimize what you believe others ?Gringos? to be hateful, uncaring, and contemptuous. I suggest you look in the mirror you won?t like the person you see. What happen to compassion, caring and kindness that we so appreciate from others for example, when we are in dire need in the out backs of Baja. Just because people are of a different religious faith or don?t have a six-pack of beer and a bag of peanuts under their arm doesn?t equate disrespect for your fellow man. ****, the article on teenage pregnancy in Ensenada should not come as a surprise to you on account of, you proliferate the problem considering the fact that the very people who are professing love, abstinence, kindness, and family values are rudely being shunned away at your door step. As for myself, I do not belong, attend or am affiliated with any organized religion however, in all of my years of briefly chatting with Jehovah Witnesses I have never found them to be unkind or rude. After explaining to them I was not interested; saying just a simple thank you, no thanks I am not interested, has always sufficed and wished them well on their way. Furthermore, I am not professing their religion or any other as the answer to society?s problems, but simply treat your fellow man, as you would like to be treated! If that is not too much to ask of your fellow HUMAN as **** always professes. Everyone has the right to open their doors and minds to whomever they wish, but you can?t have it both ways!

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
--Albert Einstein

P.S. GOD BLESS OUR VETERANS ON THIS DAY OF REMEMBRANCE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES SO THAT WE HAVE THE FREEDOM TO SPEAK OUR MINDS!

[Edited on 11-12-2004 by Q87]

David K - 11-11-2004 at 09:05 PM

AMEN!

... and welcome to Nomad!

Bruce R Leech - 11-11-2004 at 09:28 PM

Oh Dog another one.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well Halilulia (praise de lord)

capn.sharky - 11-11-2004 at 09:55 PM

After reading all this chit, I can skip church this weekend and go to Baja. The mexicans are always asking me why I don't go to church and go fishing instead. I ask them who built the church (men did). Then I ask them who made the Sea of Cortez (dah, God). Therefore I chose to spend my time in something God made. Now pass the fried chicken.

Q87 - 11-11-2004 at 10:15 PM

As noted on the boards here FREQUENTLY, personal attacks are not permitted, and are subject to removal.

Again, as a reminder to EVERYONE, personal attacks ("darts") at other users here are not welcome, and will gain you disfavor with the administrator in short order.

Play nice, or don't play at all.

Thank you for your consideration.

Dave - 11-11-2004 at 10:23 PM

A nice job of censoring, Q87. I can't figure out who **** or **** is.:biggrin:

[Edited on 11-12-2004 by Q87]

Dave - 11-11-2004 at 10:54 PM

Velly clever **7.:biggrin:

David, your chicken coop group

jrbaja - 11-12-2004 at 08:30 AM

seems to be expanding. Did you start a recruitment program or something?
This started out as what was supposed to be a funny thread but obviously, there are always a couple ********** who have to stick their closed minded ideas into it.
As far as looking myself in the mirror, what I have is a bunch of Mexican friends who mostly agree with what I have to say and give me some of their ideas without any flaming.
I didn't move to Mexico because I was looking for new ********** gringo friends. Like the new people on this board who seem to show up just in time to attack something. *******
And fine examples of your typical gringo like DK.
Why were the names deleted from this post? I am proud of what I have to say and believe it to be very truthful. I don't expect closedminded idiots to agree or even understand it.
Fawk the JH's and Fawk the idiots. How about that eh. Now I'm probably going to hell. I'm going to hate living back up there with the whiteys who can't even get along amongst themselves. marooons!

Let's hear more about the wilds of Baja and your vast knowledge of the Mexican people ******** :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 11-15-2004 by BajaNomad]

David K - 11-12-2004 at 08:45 AM

Why are you addressing me in this reply?

Well DK

jrbaja - 11-12-2004 at 08:50 AM

seemed to me that you were condoning that ******** with the rant. I also understand that this was another one of the threads where you start chit and then delete your postings which is becoming more common all the time.
Did you fail to see the humor in this topic? Do you promote flaming? Where did this new piece ***** that you are welcoming come from anyway? Let me guess. someones fosa. :lol:

David K - 11-12-2004 at 09:15 AM

JR, ****************. 1) I didn't start this thread, as you state.

2) I didn't delete any posts in this thread.

3) per the info. under his name, this new poster lives in Ensenada. I typically welcome all new posters... it's called being friendly. Mexico is the amigo country (and I am here in the evil USA).

4) Why is it your opinions of everything are fine, but opposing points of view enrage you?

5) Don't you think making fun of someone's religion is less than human? I think this whole thread is downright insulting. I was wondering if you would have the maturity to just delete it.

6) I often delete my own posts if they are not needed, or will rewrite them. I don't need to prove anything by leaving stuff up that might upset someone. Why do you?

I was not the only one welcoming the new guy, either...

Why is it okay for you to slam whole groups of people, but nobody can contest you on it?

You seemed to have a good time at the cultural fiesta... well, all the people there (you liked) were Nomads and just like most of the Nomads I have met. Yet you still keep insulting most everyone here.

It's getting old, is this forum just for you to rant your hate of people or insult people.

Just what did I ever do to you that you always attack me... ?

Like I said

jrbaja - 11-12-2004 at 09:45 AM

This thread was started by me and it was meant to be funny. For most people it was.
Then, those that seem to lack any sense of humor whatsoever turn it into some horrible thing in their own pathetic minds.
I don't mind opposing views in the least and in fact enjoy discussing all points of view. It's fun!
But, some ******* that I've never even heard of chimes in calling names and making assumptions when he doesn't know chit, does pee me off a might.
And David, you are saying you didn't delete any posts from this thread? Careful dude, you may end up with me as your next door neighbor in hell.

elizabeth - 11-12-2004 at 01:28 PM

This thread seems to have generated heat way out of proportion to it's original content. Those of us who have used unconventional methods to dissuade door to door salesmen of religion, encyclopedias, vacuum cleaners and roof repair are apparently seen by some as being rude and insensitive to others.

If it was possible to get rid of any of the above by politely saying no thank you, why would you think that more creative means would have to be used?

I think that people who come to MY house, UNINVITED, either by the door or through the telephone and try to sell me something are the rude ones when they won't take a simple no for an answer.

I do not buy my religion from a door to door salesman any more than I would buy a large purchase or roof repair or credit card insurance.

When I have said no thank you, it has taken a great deal of time and energy to get rid of a salesman...nobody...not a jw or a door to door salesman, or a telephone solicitor, in my experience has just said, sorry to have bothered you, have a good day,"here's my card, call me if you change your mind".

BTW, I am still polite for the first few minutes......until it appears that it isn't working.

None of the above applies to door to door folks offering mangoes, limes, bread, cheese, tamales, or other stuff I can really use!

Dakota1783 - 11-12-2004 at 03:27 PM

"I didn't move to Mexico because I was looking for new ********** gringo friends. Like the new people on this board who seem to show up just in time to attack something. *******"

I apologize for offending you. I'm a new ******** who fell in love with the Baja many years ago, and being human, found a message board that seemed to have fellow lovers posting to it. Mea Culpa from the heart for offending your protective instincts of your new home.

I have to laugh at myself for assuming the folks on the Lake Chapala forum were cranky old farts. They hate potential Americans in Mexico too. :) It seems in Mexico Americans carry the 'gated community' with them. I wonder how the citizens of Mexico view Americans?

Hope I spelled every word correctly,

Dakota

[Edited on 11-12-2004 by Dakota1783]

David K - 11-12-2004 at 05:48 PM

JR, it is in your power to remove this entire thread, since you strated it.

If you are 'human' and don't intentionally wish to chase away new Baja Amigos and Nomads, then please do...

The whole thing was 'funny' to some because the percentage of Jehovahs here is probably nil, and the rest of us may have been bothered by them a time or two. But, that doesn't make it right. Didn't Hitler use that kind of logic to pick on Jews to gain popularity with the majority of Germans?

Maybe Mexico is different, but here we have freedom to believe whatever we wish to believe in.

Is this thread staying up some kind of power trip for you? How many Nomads are you chasing away compared to inviting in with your anti-human stuff. Jehovahs are humans too.

Let this end...

Again I will say,

jrbaja - 11-12-2004 at 07:41 PM

this was started in humor. Went on that way for a while too.
But, I talk to everyone the same way. Including Jehovahs Witnesses. How would you feel if I went up to your door and said unless you drink A?ejo, you were going to hell.
And, stayed even after 16 yawns from you, actual discussion, mostly about my bamboo rack rather than their spiel and me reading out of my book of A?ejo.:lol:

David, you know me and how I deal with people in person. Even religious fanatics! And I mean what I say as you know.
This was a polite encounter as I stated in the first place, and I found humor in it as I try to with most everything.
If some of you have a hair up yer katootie about it, bite me!:lol:

Gypsy Jan - 11-12-2004 at 07:42 PM

What a weird tone this thread has taken

and Mr. Travieso had a lot to do with this.

I don't know who you are, but when a person joins a conversation for the first time with guns blazing and waving a flag to suppress dissent, I take a long step back (and check my back to make sure someone else isn't standing there to put a knife in it).

Mr. Travieso, if you have a reading comprehension problem, go somewhere else to commiserate with other like-minded individuals of your ilk.

JR's thread was humorous commentary, in the Mark Twain vein (a patriot if I remember correctly) and all of the other contributions were in the same spirit, tall tales with gentle exaggerations to illustrate a point of view that encourages the reader to think and participate.

You, effectively, distributed WMD all over this.

My recommendation; find a good joke doctor and get an injection of a sense of humor and humanity.

P.S. JR, BTW, I don't know why you are so antagonistic towards David K, I don't know him either, but IMHO, in 5+ years :o of reading his submissions, I don't see evidence of him trying stir up the fosa tank, he just seems to have an overwhelming eagerness (yes, a gringo thing) to spread his enthusiasm and share his values, which you may not agree with.

Oh well, have to get off the pulpit and feed the dogs. Still haven't figured out the picture thingy, so I can't share yet.

You can call me a marooon ;D

Bruce R Leech - 11-12-2004 at 08:54 PM

Wow:no::no::no::no::no::no:

I just remembered,

jrbaja - 11-12-2004 at 08:59 PM

I even put the laughing face before the thread. What's wrong witchoo people???:?:

Just what is Religion????

Baja Bernie - 11-13-2004 at 08:49 PM

JR, (please remember this is not directed just at you),

I have been reading this thread at least twice a day since it was first posted. I know that I am a slow old fool but something has been troubling me about the whole thing on both sides of the aisle. Funny? A little on the surface. But would any of you feel it were funny if the religious connotation were changed to Blacks, Negroes, spicks, *******s, you know just fill in the blanks to make it fit your personal stereotypes.
After reading all of the comments I was left with several things bubbling around in my heart. And, unfortunately, I have not been able to resolve them in my mind. A part of me wonders if these direct attacks on individuals will solve anything other than make this board a ?less? than welcome place for newbys who, to me, seem to keep the site vibrant. They seem to have a way of making me look at things in a new and different light---AND I PROFIT FROM THAT.

I also question the why?s of attacking this particular newby just because he articulates his apparently closely held beliefs. JR it also makes me think back to your support and defense of Germanicus when he attacked several members with his foolish and stupid comments. I was happy to see him go only because he refused to see anything unless he thought of it first.

Perhaps you do not realize it but your belief that we all ?must? help the poor Mexican but not influence him in any manner is fine for you and to a degree to me but it seems to be wearing a bit thin with a lot of people.
There are many people on this board who have heeded you requests to assist you to provide the native people of Baja Sur with the things that they can not provide for themselves?You know that I have been supportive in this endeavor (some just might call it a religion as it applies to you and they just might be put off when you follow the realtors with you approach their door steps (this site) with your private pitch to make the world a better place and to protect the masses).

One of the things that bothered me a bunch was the following quote that I lifted from your original thread with smiling faces and all. I notice that the ?I? was all encompassing and no credit was given to the many people who contributed to allow you take credit for your gifts to the rural folks needs.
I know that you realize, as I do, that the various religious denominations have been providing for the ?Rural Folks? in Baja for years and in a lot of cases their assistance have done more harm than help.

(Taken from JR's original post)

?They are spreading the word to the world. Eternal peace for all who follow and blah blah blah.
"No, but what are you doing for the locals now?" I replied. "Many of them are hungry, with no jobs, and no health care benefits". They need action!
" Did you make the bamboo rack?" Yep, I use it for transporting bamboo, clothing, food, school supplies, baseball gear, insect repellants and damn near everything you can imagine rural folks needing.
That was the end of my harassment by the delivery guys. In fact, I may have converted them! ?

I would like to end this painful rambling with a plea for all of us to be more understanding of ?all? other humans. For all of you who do not know my relationship with JR and David K it is one of fondness and respect. As Louis L?Amour was wont to say, ?they will both do to ride the river with.?

Gypsy Jan - 11-13-2004 at 09:05 PM

Bernie, with all due respect

to you, I admire your contributions to this board and I love your book (paid for it!)

I think that you are missing JR's point (big time).

Correct me if I am wrong, but the whole thread was about strangers inserting themselves without invitation into your private space, i.e., your house which doesn't have gates, fences, big dogs on the outside, etc. AND not leaving when asked.

This is not about intolerance, this is about having and retaining the right not to be bothered by strangers in your own home.

If you are a passionately committed religous individual/group, apply for a permit from the appropriate civil authority in the area that you are targeting and then have a meeting/rally that people can choose to attend.

I belive that no one should ambush and hector people on their own thresholds where the bonds of hospitality are compromised.

Just my two cents, have to take the dogs out to pee now (sorry, is that now a pornographic remard?).

Gypsy Jan

Baja Bernie - 11-13-2004 at 09:42 PM

Glad you like my book--but which one?
What does remard mean. I am not offended if you take your dogs out for a pee unless it is on my door step.
I always wonder when I respond to this stuff if it is worthwhile--will it cause people to NOT buy my books--you got one so buy the other it is fun!
I know JR in some weird way as a brother and I belive that what I perceived is very much on target. But do you know that it does not matter. What does matter is that we all respect each other and try to make this crappy place in which we reside just a little better.
Sometimes JR's passion gets in the way of his intellect (spell)--I hate it but when I am trying to make what I consider is an inportant point I can not be bothered with that thing loosly refered to as a Dictionary.
If you believe that I am calling JR a racist forget that for a bunchj of reasons--Perhaps one or two might respond to this thread with much more reason than I can muster.
I believe that we all allow the clouded lenses of liberal-vs-conservative to reduce our ability to see others view point with any clarity.
Pleased re-read my post and see if your evaluation is correct.
Gotta tell your that I be a Gypsy at heart. So with that you must know that I have a ton of passion--but I try to keep it under control--at least until the violins begin to play.

GOOD MORNING GRINGOS !!!

jrbaja - 11-13-2004 at 09:47 PM

The friggen post was a joke. That's all !!!
You geniuses can make it into whatever the F%$# you want to, perhaps even hire a psychologist to help me out of my sickness!!
Fact is, they were here again today.
I shot them because they have caused me so much grief from you people!:lol:

[Edited on 11/14/2004 by jrbaja]

Hey Bernie

jrbaja - 11-13-2004 at 09:55 PM

How was your time with DK. I betcha I was a topic of discussion! Just a guess:light::lol::lol:
You people crack me up! I'm sorry for you!!:P

Mi Amigo JR

Baja Bernie - 11-13-2004 at 10:23 PM

As I recall not a word was spoken of you at lunch. Had there been I would have spoken in support of your passionate support of the poor Mexicans.
I am truly hurt that you can do nothing but lash out at those who really care for you!

Lashing out

jrbaja - 11-14-2004 at 08:09 AM

Sorry you feel that way Bernie. I just get friggen sick of the way you gringos seem to turn things around.
The original post was not meant to harm anyone. It was supposed to make people laugh. Comprende?
Now apparently, it was something evil against people that are famous for intruding and I'm a bad guy for making a joke about it.
And from what I read into your post, I haven't given enough credit to those that have donated. Oh brother!!
Funny thing is, those that have donated the most have the least amount of money and aren't in it for credit. And there are a lot of them. Notice you don't see them whining about what they donated on here.
Then, I was trying to help a little boy and neighbor down south and the friendless Tucker chimes in after a week of knowing about it and insinuates I can't be trusted and more than likely, stopped many from helping.
I have also lashed out at idiotic gringos who have no respect for the locals (which is the majority of you!) and I'm called anti american by the chicken coop group.
I try to open eyes and at least make the marooons think before throwing their trash everywhere which is also quite common amongst the gringos.
Then, clowns who are lucky to spend a vacation or two here every once in a while say it is all the Mexicans doing it. You people are something else, and famous for it internationally.
I'm getting pretty sick of argueing with people who think they know Baja after a spending a few weeks in gringo enclaves like DK and the majority of people on here.
Fact is, I would trust Germanicus and most all Mexicans before I would trust 2 faced, self centerd gringos with anything.
And for the really dense, this is not meant as an attack on anyone in particular, it's just directed to those it applies to. And you pendejos know who you are.
Get a friggen clue people. I see problems and I'm not afraid to discuss them rather than ignore them as it would seem most on here prefer to do. Or like typical americans, blame someone else.
Fact is, I live and travel here more than any of you. I see what is going on and comment on it. Then, some characters have the nerve to say I am wrong about it when they really don't have a clue.
I guess basically what this means is that I was right in the first place about gringos.
Go figure!

I would much rather

Tucker - 11-14-2004 at 08:26 AM

be friendless, than to have friends like you.

Well then it must be pretty fun for you

jrbaja - 11-14-2004 at 09:24 AM

to know that I'm the one that built the inside of your van every time you get in it. And all the bamboo around your place was from me. And the fossil rock. And the door to your outhouse now operable. And your finally meeting a good mechanic after how many years of living there?
I see what you mean. I am a chitty friend!:lol::lol::lol:

You didn't list all the things I did for you...now knock it off!!

Tucker - 11-14-2004 at 09:28 AM

Dave - 11-14-2004 at 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja

I shot them because they have caused me so much grief from you people!:lol:

[Edited on 11/14/2004 by jrbaja]

So, I guess I can remove the garlic wreath from the front door?

Not just yet Dave

jrbaja - 11-14-2004 at 11:31 AM

yesterday, there was a whole passle of em. I probably insulted them (and some on here!) by not going to the door and eating my pizza instead.
My brother on the other hand was amazed at how fast I disappeared from outside and all of a sudden being surrounded by incredibly imposing people that don't call before they come over. But then, that would be polite, wouldn't it?
:no:

A-OK - 11-16-2004 at 05:28 PM

Damn you kids.... Dont Make Me Turn This Truck Around !!!!! :moon:

surfer jim - 11-17-2004 at 10:16 AM

Please jump to LORETO BAY to continue this soap opera...:yes: