2 TBSP finely mined red onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
dash white pepper
dash worcestershire
Juice from 1 lemon
1 tbsp white wine

In a bow, whisk all the ingredients until thoroughly combined. Refigerate until ready for use.

SWMBO made a tub of this on our last trip and we used it over grilled bass fillets - man was it good. Next morning I fried our eggs in it - geeze they were good.

Russ - 3-8-2014 at 08:45 AM

Why unsalted butter? To me, unsalted butter is pretty close to lard in flavor. Other than that it looks delicious.

Timo1 - 3-8-2014 at 09:45 AM

We're trying it tonight with lobster Jim

Thanks

DianaT - 3-8-2014 at 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
Scampi Butter

2 TBSP finely chopped Cilantro leaves
1/4 lb unsalted softened butter
1 TBSP minced garlic
2 TBSP finely mined red onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
dash white pepper
dash worcestershire
Juice from 1 lemon
1 tbsp white wine

In a bow, whisk all the ingredients until thoroughly combined. Refigerate until ready for use.

SWMBO made a tub of this on our last trip and we used it over grilled bass fillets - man was it good. Next morning I fried our eggs in it - geeze they were good.

OH, that sounds very, very good--

Like Russ, I will use the salted butter, however.

THANKS

capt. mike - 3-8-2014 at 01:48 PM

anybody made cheviche with cod??

acadist - 3-8-2014 at 05:23 PM

What a Life! Enjoy
Quote:
Originally posted by Timo1
We're trying it tonight with lobster Jim

Thanks

mulegemichael - 3-8-2014 at 05:25 PM

ling cod ceviche is devine...as is razor clam and geoduck cheviche....and i especially love octopus cheviche...there is no such thing as BAD ceviche as long as it's made RIGHT.

Pompano - 3-8-2014 at 05:27 PM

The very best ceviche is made with lutefisk.

Russ - 3-8-2014 at 05:37 PM

Pampano, You are a very sick person. How in the name of all that is holy could you put lutefisk in the same sentence with cheviche? Or the same country? That's right there with urchent (sp) roe. God help you:O

Pompano - 3-8-2014 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Pampano, You are a very sick person. How in the name of all that is holy could you put lutefisk in the same sentence with cheviche? Or the same country? That's right there with urchent (sp) roe. God help you:O

All I can say is...like Santiago's recipe, "it's all about the butter!" Sad that lutefisk gets such a bad rap.

p.s. I've also made many Minnesotans happy with 'walleye' ceviche. Never get between a Norski and a fish.

[Edited on 3-9-2014 by Pompano]

DianaT - 3-8-2014 at 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Quote:
Originally posted by Russ

All I can say is...like Santiago's recipe, "it's all about the butter!" Sad that lutefisk gets such a bad rap.

:lol::lol::lol:

Lutefisk deserves its bad rap right along with finnan haddie! :lol::lol:

Then again, I have a friend who was raised eating both and she might disagree. :saint:

Zapotec - 3-8-2014 at 05:53 PM

Just tried that recipe, and oh boy, it is delicious. Thank you Santiago.

Santiago - 3-8-2014 at 08:03 PM

you're wickie-wackum.

ELINVESTIG8R - 3-8-2014 at 08:37 PM

Captain Mike I'm going to have to buy another coffee cup. My cat knocked over my Captain Mike cup onto the kitchen floor and broke it. It's a great coffee cup!

Just ordered two!

[Edited on 3-9-2014 by ELINVESTIG8R]

capt. mike - 3-9-2014 at 01:00 PM

well thank you sir private eye for your patronage. Same prices for years on great baja stuff. I have the big 7' x 6' maps too again. Price on that went up because no more are being made. $106 a set incl USA shipping.

Barbareno - 3-9-2014 at 03:26 PM

We had this last night and it's a keeper. I didn't have wine so I used chicken broth. Salted butter instead of unsalted. Most excellent.

BajaLuna - 3-13-2014 at 11:17 AM

Can't wait to try this, haven't tried using Worcestershire sauce in my scampi!

I really like cooking and especially baking with unsalted butter, that way I can control the salt.