BajaNomad

Gringos vs P-nche Gringos

jrbaja - 12-21-2004 at 09:44 AM

I notice that there seems to be some on here that have been to Baja a few times and want to immediately consider themselves knowledgable about Baja and the people here.
Yet, they are still offended by being called a gringo :lol:
It is not a big deal at all and it is not meant to be offensive. Besides, it's just a word.
P-nche gringo on the other hand is meant for those who are arrogant, loud mouthed annoyances who are trying to impress their friends with their vast knowledge of Baja and their total abortion of the Spanish language while they are trying to speak it.
These types are commonly found in restaurants and internet cafes up and down the peninsula, especially in the gringo enclave areas, making fools of themselves in front of the Mexicans.
They generally spend their time complaining about how they were ripped off, someplace was to dirty for them, or something wasn't done on time.:lol::lol:
Unfortunately, the gringos (P-nche or not) that are moving down here are used to a life style that has made them feel as if they are better than others, especially poor Mexicans.
This also seems to make them think that the world and time schedules revolves around them and their lives. :lol::lol::lol:
And they get upset when it doesn't!:biggrin:

And then, they show their true P-nche gringo selves whining and complaining about it.
Yep, there is a big difference in the two terms. I guess the bottom line is, the few who have patience, morals and are trying to learn rather than impose their ridiculous ways would be just gringos.
And the rest of you are pretty P-nche:lol::lol::lol:

elizabeth - 12-21-2004 at 10:30 AM

Thanks for the joke...my first out loud laugh of the day!!!!

Common characteristics of the migratory P-nche Gringo

jrbaja - 12-21-2004 at 10:51 AM

1. P-nche gringo A moves to somewhere in Baja, buys or builds a house, hires a maid and gardener for $20.00 or $30.00 a week, doesn't learn enough of the language to communicate, and does nothing but complain about how lazy or stupid the help is when they really just don't understand because A is just talking jibberish rather than actually giving directions and explaining what is wanted.

2. P-nche gringo B takes some friends to somewhere in Baja that is dirty. Go figure:lol:
Rather than setting an example by cleaning it up, they complain and whine to the locals and then come home and complain and whine to everyone else.

3. P-nche gringo C takes a vacation. He happens to end up where there are also Mexicans vacationing. Mexicans like to party and they are good at it.
Gringo C rather than join in and have fun with these people, (everyone is usually welcome!) complains about the noise, laughter, hours of operation, kids up past their bedtimes, drunk people singing, blaring speakers, etc.

4. P-nche Gringo D has moved to Baja, settled in and is now bored. Even the happy hours aren't enough anymore so greyhounds or gin fizz's start out the day.
It is now time to go to the local meeting place, bar, intenet cafe to be heard. And what else is there to talk about other than, how "these people" are constantly ripping them off, lying about work schedules, not doing what they are told when they are told, being lazy, and just having plain bad attitudes.:lol:
You can't miss these guys because they are the ones either talking louder than anyone else or shouting their vast knowledge across the room.
P-nche Gringos don't accept the fact that if you treat someone with respect, no matter how different they are, they will receive respect in return.
P-nche gringos don't realize that in order to communicate accurately, you must first speak and understand the language.
P-nche gringos don't realize that it is not just about themselves and their lives but their Mexican neighbors and communities as well.
At least, if your not a P-nche gringo anyways:light:

Mas

jrbaja - 12-21-2004 at 12:02 PM

P-nche gringos move to Baja and rather than get a feel for the locals and trying to fit in, they tell all their friends what a great deal it is and get them to move in nearby rather than making new friends and learning the language. Safety in numbers. Gringo enclaves.
P-nche gringos eat at "safe" gringo restaurants rather than eat local foods and go to taco stands.
P-nche gringos are always afraid of the Mexicans. They think they are all the same and are just out to rip them off.:lol:
This could not be any further from the truth.

bajalera - 12-21-2004 at 12:37 PM

Where in the world are you meeting all these dumbshots, JR?

Lee

El Jefe - 12-21-2004 at 01:13 PM

OK lets lightenthis up just a bit. I've tweaked an old song just a little. Hope you like it.

Verse l:
He lay face down on the desert sand
Clutching a six-pac in his hand
Too much tequila, I thought he was dead
Looking more rumpled than an unmade bed
But a spark still burned, and I liked his wife
So late that night I saved the life
of Gringo
(Refrain: Gringo, Gringo)

Verse 2:
I nursed him ?til the danger passed
The days went by, he mended fast
Then from dawn ?til setting sun
He practiced having Baja fun
Hour on hour I watched in awe
No human being could match the guffaw
of Gringo

Verse 3:
One day we rode the mountain crest
And I went east and he went west
Out on east cape I opened a bar
While he broke the fun meter near and far
An arrogant attitude brought ill fame
All through the land they called him the name
P-nche Gringo

Verse: 4
I knew some day we?d face the test
Which one of us would be the best
And sure enough the word came down
That he was holed up in the town
I left the buggy in the street
And I went in alone to meet
Gringo

Verse 5:
They said my boozing was next to none
But my afternoon drinking had just begun
When with shaking hand he grabbed my wrist
And forced a shot glass into my fist
And I was looking for the door
But I knew I?d have to drink some more
with Gringo

Verse 6:
I guess we had been there quite a while
When I finally saw him smile
He slowly lowered his glass, and then
He said to me, ?We?re pedo, friend.?
And so at last I understood
That there was still a spark of good
in Gringo

Verse 7:
I blocked the path of his retreat
He turned and stepped into the street
A taxi knocked him to his head
A moment later he lay dead
The town began to shout and cheer
Nowhere was there shed a tear
P-nche Gringo

Verse 8:
The story spread I had been able
To drink the Gringo under the table
And it was just the years, they say,
That made me put the bottle away
But on his grave they can?t explain
The tarnished shot glass above the name
of Gringo

Dave - 12-21-2004 at 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
P-nche gringos move to Baja and rather than get a feel for the locals and trying to fit in, they tell all their friends what a great deal it is and get them to move in nearby rather than making new friends and learning the language. Safety in numbers. Gringo enclaves.
P-nche gringos eat at "safe" gringo restaurants rather than eat local foods and go to taco stands.
P-nche gringos are always afraid of the Mexicans. They think they are all the same and are just out to rip them off.:lol:
This could not be any further from the truth.

It's natural for peoples of like culture to cling to one another and it's not just a exclusive phenomenon of gringos that live in Mexico.

I know of a Mexican "enclave" surrounded by millions of gringos. A place with thousands of "safe" Mexican restaurants, where one can live a complete life, cradle to grave, without speaking a WORD of English. It's called.....East LA.

Ain't heard that one before

jrbaja - 12-21-2004 at 02:07 PM

Ok Miss Editor, "These types are commonly found in restaurants and internet cafes up and down the peninsula, especially in the gringo enclave areas, making fools of themselves in front of the Mexicans."
And, many of my new neighbors fit the description perfectly!
But, I do get around and try to keep my mouth shut while being observant. Unfortunately, I ain't just a kidden!!

And once agin, not all gringos are "P-nche". But, enough of them to make me want to say something about it.
I'm sure these comments will ruffle some feathers but, if the huarache fit's, think about it.

Me No - 12-21-2004 at 02:37 PM

JR, you may be right about the Gringos, of which I am one, and the P-nche gringos. However, the most disrespectful, downright act a fool people I have ever encountered in baja, are the "Vato" type mexican americans. They are in my estimation, one step or two below the P-nche gringos. They abuse the country the land the people and everything they come in contact with, and don't expect to spend a dime. It's as if the country owes them something because their ancestors came from there. One, or two steps below them are the Canadians. :lol:

Can't disagree with you there

jrbaja - 12-21-2004 at 02:59 PM

many of my P-nche vecinos nuevos are of that persuasion. (San Gabriel Valley/L.A.)
The good part with them is, they are all afraid to go south of Ensenada because of all the stories they have read.:lol: And who am I to tell them any different.
They think all these donations are for Alaskan Eskimo kids, rather than my braving the "wilds" and "bandidos" of Baja. :lol:
And, here in Rosarito those P-nche cholos, have many a face print embedded into the palm trees.:lol::lol::lol: The Mexicans feel the same way about cholos, fortunately, there's just not that many of them to be more than a nuisance. Like mosquitos in BCS.:lol:

Me No - 12-21-2004 at 03:25 PM

JR. I'm stopping by tomorrow. I pick the wife up a 1.15 pm in TJ. PM me with th directions to your place.:lol:

Dave,

jrbaja - 12-21-2004 at 03:35 PM

Having spent many a year in the heart of that action, (98% chicanos at El Rancho back then), the most Spanish I heard was ordering food at Taco Bell or the Green Burrito.
Those pendejos were ashamed to speak Spanish, even if they knew how. They made fun of their parents and grandparents for speakin Spanish.
Something I didn't understand then and still don't understand now.
But, with their P-nche complex's about whoever they think they are better than, it sure warms one's heart to see their faces getting planted in a tree!!:lol::lol:

Know it all .

Skeet/Loreto - 12-21-2004 at 04:45 PM

JR! You are just about ready for another "Trip to the Wood Shed!!!!

Who in the Cryin Hell made you the Expert on everything that happens in Baja ???????????

In all of my long life I have never met so a negative, whinning, sniffling, Americano who Claims he "Is with the mexican People'"'
Have you not learned anything from those Great Mountain people?????

Or is the only thing you know is to spout off at everyone that fits into a Mold of all those you do not Like. How Narrow, How narrow, How Narrow!!!

Comon JR You are suppose to have a Mind and some Balls, Get over your hang ups and go Forward instead of Backward.

You are wasting a lot of time saying the same thing, over and over and over and over!!!!!

If you don't be careful, one of these days that "Mad Electrictode in your Brain will short Circuit.

Merry Christmas

ANON The preacher

Bajaboy - 12-21-2004 at 05:54 PM

Nice post, Skeet! I was about to send JR a tape recorder for the holidays...that way he could spout off to someone that cares.

Zac

Obviously

jrbaja - 12-21-2004 at 06:07 PM

there are some reading comprehension skills lacking here.
Try reading what I said s l o w l y and then try it again.
This shouldn't really have upset anyone, unless of course those huaraches were a perfect fit!:lol:
And I don't claim to be an expert, I just write what I see. And, I live here, now, not a "while back"!
Whether Baja boy wants to read it or not is his problem. But, a tape recorder would sure make one of those kids that I know nothing about mighty happy.
How much time have either of you spent in Baja in the last ten years since you seem to think I am making this stuff up?:lol:

Glad to see...

Mike Humfreville - 12-21-2004 at 06:21 PM

that I'm not the only one who gets sick and tired by all the "Holier than Thou" garbage. JR, if you want anyone to take you seriously who might start without promoting yourself while tearing everyone else down. The vast majority of the many I've met personally from nomad are in harmony with the people of Baja. It's you that should stand back and re-read what you write. I know a lot of times you are doing a tongue in cheek deal, but try and put yourself into the soul of someone reading your stuff. It's not funny, it's not serious, it?s just the rambling of one person working against a body of folks. Maybe there's something inside you that needs aggression. You can promote ideas without ripping away the way you do.

Well, glad to see it always the same few

jrbaja - 12-21-2004 at 06:31 PM

who want to chime in saying it's all about me. Seems like you should be calling me anti-american, no?
If you FEW characters who consider themselves some sort of club, (think BOLA for xmas), think that what I am saying is promoting myself or anything close to that, the reading comprehension is worse than I thought!
What I am saying is supposed to make idiots spend time and respect the people most of you are so afraid of.
I am no expert. But I am here a hell of a lot more than any of you and I travel to more areas here regularly than most of you ever will.
Whether "vacationers" and "future retirees" who have seen very little of Baja want to argue about what is really going on here is kinda like me argueing about how to send a rocket to the moon.
Comprende?

I'm not calling you anything

Mike Humfreville - 12-21-2004 at 07:00 PM

As far as I'm concerned this is about a style of writing that isn't getting your message across.

Here are a few excerpts from you above message:

"characters who consider themselves some sort of club"

"the reading comprehension is worse than I thought!"

"idiots"

"respect the people most of you are so afraid of"

"I am here a hell of a lot more than any of you and I travel to more areas here regularly than most of you ever will"

"who have seen very little of Baja"

Those are really the words of a marketing dude???

No one on this board posts anywhere near the grumbling, put-down babble you do. ALSO: not many put out as much good information as you when you're not busy spitting vindictives.

It's always you against the bad guys. That's not how life works.

Fuel for the Fire!

Me No - 12-21-2004 at 07:18 PM

JR. A man of many points, but few words.

MH. A man of many words, but few points.:lol:

Me No...

Mike Humfreville - 12-21-2004 at 07:26 PM

That's cute, but look at the stars after JR's name.

JR.

Debra - 12-21-2004 at 07:35 PM

We will just continue to be "Gringos" and as idiots as we are......in the mean time you still have our addy's so we can keep helping right?

Me No - 12-21-2004 at 07:40 PM

MH. OK, so maybe it is a man of one point and many posts.:lol:

some people

thebajarunner - 12-21-2004 at 07:48 PM

have waaaaaaaay too much time to waste.

Me No

Mike Humfreville - 12-21-2004 at 08:21 PM

I guess we have to interpret both your message and JR's. JR has many "points" (like a spear) in the sense that he seems to love provoking arguments. He has a few "points" (moral issues) he trying to make in convincing people to be more considerate to the locals in Baja. But he is preaching to the choir. The vast majority, like you and me and the most folks we meet in Baja have only the best inttentions.

Then we come to my "points." I try and bury my attitude "points" so the reader isn't caught up in my need to express myself and I have no interest in putting anyone down. And, yes, I am very wordy. But with respect to the "points" of my posts, (the morals if you will) there usually is one. But my style is not to jam it into someone's head. Rather it is to put forth my observations and wierd over-sensitivities as my own without condeming others, as food for thought. I know many readers are bored with what I write but at least I'm not typically criticizing.

So, it turns out, there are two kinds of points (aggressive and moralistic). Both JR and I have these two sets of points. My need to criticize is usually not for this venue (my point No 1); my need to write a story with a moral point is important to me (point No 2). By his style (and I'm not being nasty, only wanting to inform) he is pompous and critical by always using his "me-vs-them" approach (his point No. 1); He always has a good moral point. There is no doubt there are many folks who live a more-than-worthy existance in the hills of Baja that we could do more for.

Like I said, no aggression here, just food for thought.

P-nches in general are the problem, regardless of nationality.

BajaVida - 12-21-2004 at 08:28 PM

los mas P-nches are often fueled by alcohol, drugs or a superiority complex

JESSE - 12-21-2004 at 09:35 PM

Isn't gringo the same thing as:

Green Go!

At least thats what i tought.

surfer jim - 12-21-2004 at 10:28 PM

This has been too funny....and I will be camping at punta la P-nche gringa early next week.....:no:

Me vs them

jrbaja - 12-21-2004 at 10:44 PM

Although I just got back from a gringo restaurant, my last gringo meal for a while I might add, and one meal I will never forget. Awesome indeed! Bobby's by the Sea if anyones interested in that rather than this. jejejejeje
"This" being the fact that the things I have to say are what I see as fact. And I see it regularly, not just my perception of what Baja is like from vacationing here more than once. . And I'm not afraid to offend some individuals by stating what I see. Whether it applies to them, I don't know.

The fact is, I am a gringo and generally proud of it as I am an open minded one.
One of the annoying things about this board is the fact that many gringos take anything I say about my own kind (gringos)as an attack. This is not the case.
I see how Jesse, Germanicus, and other "foreigners" are treated when they state their opinions. Some have had the huevos to deal with it and stand up for their opinions and ideas rather than calling others on stuff and then just vanishing without backing up anything they have to say. It happens a LOT on here, right coopers?:lol:
Fact is, I was born in Massachusetts. How much more gringo could I be?
And again, why should I argue about rocket science when all I do is travel throughout Baja seeing and meeting people from all walks of life. Including mostly Mexicans that have spent their lives here.
And I don't think I'm "cool", "better than anyone else", "spectacular" or even doing anything out of the ordinary for most humans.
Quit reading antiamericanism into everything that has the word gringo written in it. You are wrong.

Besides, in a P-nche gringo sort of way, don't you think that if I were a bragger I would be telling yousuns I was one of 10 lead carpenters for the Titanic movie? Or that I sailed a 115' 3 masted schooner from Mindanao to Borneo and had some real adventures in doing so?

Delivering stuff to the rural folks and making comments on what I see in doing so isn't that much of a thrill really.
But, however yall want to take it is certainly up to you.
Hopefully some of you have the intelligence and comprehension to actually read what is being written and give it some serious thought. If that's possible.
Otherwise, teach me a lesson Debra,by not contributing to the folks who could really use help who don't benefit from the most generous tourists who vacation here. And, lock your cars!:lol:

JESSE - 12-21-2004 at 10:51 PM

Jr,

Your un P-nche gringo curada!

An sides at ya friggen crackers

jrbaja - 12-21-2004 at 10:52 PM

553 views, and 28 replies since 8:44 this morning:lol:
Get a life:moon:

That's a little extreme Jesse but thanks

jrbaja - 12-21-2004 at 10:58 PM

I've just seen enough of true humanity in different places to have become one. No borders!! No bullchit!!:light:

JR

Mike Humfreville - 12-21-2004 at 11:47 PM

These are your words:

"Hopefully some of you have the intelligence and comprehension to actually read what is being written and give it some serious thought. If that's possible."

Read your OWN words. Is that a proverb that should be above every Salvation Army collection point? Does your thought really help me feel like I'm doing the right thing for humanity by giving through you? Do you have an ounce of humility?

No.

You just need to feel superior.

Well, amigo, the only folks who need to feel superior are those who internally feel inferior.

You don't need to put others down to build yourself up.

The stuff you're doing in the byways of Baja is great. But your peeing gripes about the rest of us make me wonder. Why do you do these good things?

A person who helps others only to promote himself is sick. A person who has a need to tear down good folks with the right intentions, under any circumstances, is sick.

The bottom line is this. A while back and on several occasions, you were soliciting support from many of us. Do you remember? You got contributions from a number of the folks on this board. Do you think that by criticizing these same people, who only spend occasional time in Baja, who only vacation there, that you are likely to be encouraging us now to contribute? While you are chewing on our legs???

I am always helpful to anyone when I can be. I and my many friends do whatever we can for any friends we have in Baja. That is also a common theme on this and most Baja boards with few exceptions.

But you have a personal need that constantly rings through many of your posts.

You need to put down others and promote yourself as some self-righteous good deed doer.

You are no different than the average reader and visitor to Baja. The vast majority of humanity wants to help those in need. You only cause disparagement with your constant negativity.

Where will you fit when you are content with yourself?

bbbait - 12-21-2004 at 11:48 PM

Just curious..... How do you have time to serve humility, and delve into all the aspects of Baja humanity, and still share your expertise here? All I see is your constant bereavement of almost every friendly post on here. It seems like you are spending all your time here, on the Nomad site, instead of getting your "patriotic" message out to the public, to help your fellow citizens in Baja. I think the rest of us (pendajos, P-nche gringos) are doing more to help than you are...I just don't get it......Wayno

David K - 12-21-2004 at 11:58 PM

There's a really great book, written many years ago by Dale Carnegie called 'How to Win Friends and Influence People'... Everybody should read it... everybody.:yes::yes::yes:

If the huarache fits

jrbaja - 12-22-2004 at 12:00 AM

and I certainly don't know which of you it does, I suppose I would pee myself off if what I say applied to me.
There you go again Mikey. First it was anti-american with your spew, now I'm being into myself.
Perhaps you should try something besides the boxed whine and quit threatening with the donation crap.
I do it because I care for the people. So does everyone else that contributes and they don't keep bringing it up!
If you want to use a different messenger to help the people, have at it. Or maybe even do it yourself. I'm sure all the CCG's will think you are awesome.
In the mean time, you are full of chit if you think I'm in it for credit from a bunch of tourists like yourself.
pee off P-nche tourista.:biggrin:

bbbait - 12-22-2004 at 12:03 AM

Wow....... what an idiot......

Packoderm - 12-22-2004 at 12:04 AM

It is interesting how gringos are able to deride themselves. There are not a whole lot of ethnic groups who have the luxury to do such a thing.

The last thing I would want to have to do is totally abandon my just-for-the-hell-of-it gringo mentality. I believe it's ok to be a little bit crazy, but some respect is in order; it doesn't take a lot either.

Probably the all time, ultimate example of what we would call a gringo was Mark Twain.

And being an idiot

jrbaja - 12-22-2004 at 12:10 AM

that just cares about credit from the tourists and knows nothing of Baja, lock your cars dudes!

bbbait - 12-22-2004 at 12:19 AM

JR.... Bingo!!! Read my post above. Just stir s..t up, don't bother to do anything about it................

JR

Mike Humfreville - 12-22-2004 at 12:44 AM

Most of us love to help when help is needed. We don't need to be asked, we're just there, to aid a driver broken down on the side of a road or a family living in the outback that we can assist with castoff clothing. We do it out of a need to contribute in this world full of wants. We have about the most a world could hope for. We have a built in need to be supportive. We want and need to contribute.

But we don't have to put others down.

You constantly berate almost everyone on this board because we enjoy Baja.

What you need to do, rather than responding to this thread, is to spend some serious time asking yourself why it is that you have a need to put others down.

Build a bridge and be the first to cross it because it will help others.

A-OK - 12-22-2004 at 12:48 AM

amen, Mike.

A-OK - 12-22-2004 at 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bbbait
Just curious..... How do you have time to serve humility, and delve into all the aspects of Baja humanity, and still share your expertise here? All I see is your constant bereavement of almost every friendly post on here. It seems like you are spending all your time here, on the Nomad site, instead of getting your "patriotic" message out to the public, to help your fellow citizens in Baja. I think the rest of us (pendajos, P-nche gringos) are doing more to help than you are...I just don't get it......Wayno

A-OK - 12-22-2004 at 01:00 AM

Do you have a sat dish on that bamboo rack of your pickup? If not... then having well over 2000 posts and being logged on here seems to me like it would consume a lot of the time from all your Search & Rescue, delivering of school supplies, traveling into mountainous regions to drop off clothes, etc.....
I am down in Baja A LOT and I donate goods and sweat whenever I can. You almost had me start dropping off clothes and writting paper to you since there are many 1-2 day trips I make and don't get down far enough all the time to give supplies to more needy areas. I read all your posts and it makes me sick. I have no tollerance for the self-rightous.

bbbait - 12-22-2004 at 01:01 AM

Right on Mike...Thanks for the cap.. I'm starting to lose my temper with this JR dude... We're taking presents to the camp where we're headed plus more to wherever we can help out.. That guy is doing so much to destroy efforts it is indescribeable.. I hope everyone realizes it and not read his posts....

David K - 12-22-2004 at 01:20 AM

JR has been 'the bridge' to bring items to those who could benefit. I along with other Nomads have brought clothes to his Rosarito Beach home so that he could take them to the children in the mountains...
----------------------------------------------------------
There is another good book, called 'Guerrilla Selling' by Bill Gallagher c1992 that teaches you how to identify personalities and deal with people at their level of maturity.

Remember, as Baja Nomads we are like a family. In a big family, there are squabbles and fights... but they can and should be resolved. Can you think of one of your in-laws... or a crazy aunt... you might be mad at them, but at Thanksgiving you will join with them to break bread? The important thing to this family is sharing our love of Baja or helping others with travel details... then many of us have found out we are nice people to become friends with. We have all started as Baja Nomads, camping solo... We have become richer by joining talents on line or in person.

Think about what benefits everyone most (including the kids in remote camps or ranches) before you kick the keyboard or curse at anyone. I have said to JR before: 'Don't Bite the hand that you want to help you'... If the way you say things is misunderstood by most (as you think it is), then consider changing the way you say things!

Don't degrade everything other people like, because you don't. I have been guilty of bad mouthing Cabo San Lucas (for what I consider good reasons)... but you bad mouth almost every place most people here like going to. Try just talking about the places you do like and ignore commenting on the many, many places you hate in Baja.

Bet you will get a lot more support from the Nomads and always have truckloads of donations to take on south.

Merry Christmas JR

Thanks David

jrbaja - 12-22-2004 at 09:48 AM

To you too.
The Title of this thread is Gringos vs P-nche Gringos.
It wasn't directed at any of you in particular and it certainly wasn't about me bragging about myself.
Personally, I think that the P-nche gringo part hit the nail on the head in a number of cases on here. Especially considering the private messages I received in support. From people that actually live here and not just spend vacations while trying to pretend they know about Baja.
All I have to do is say something about gringos and the humphreville hens all chime in with support. I notice they will all be going to the same place for their vacations too. What a coincidence.
Whether you "Baja Ofishyonadas" want to argue, misinterpret, or deny that what I am saying is true can't be helped. You don't live here or even have a clue.
Threatening to not bring donations seems a little ridiculous though because it's me saying it, not the recipients of the gifts.
Let me guess, because I have had an ongoing project to clean up the trash, you mental giants will start littering again to teach me a lesson.:lol:
This does not apply to everyone and I really don't understand why it's always the same people who get so mad about me stating facts.
Unless of course, what I say does apply to them.

Ugly Americans

Bedman - 12-23-2004 at 09:00 PM

I like BOLA. I like to meet my friends that travel and live there. I have made this trip, New Years to Bahia de los Angeles, for many years. I have travelled Baja for more than 35 years. I may not have seen all of her beauty, as I travel now, in a motorhome and do have some limitations, but I still enjoy those places I can make it to.
I am an American and Love my country. I would gladly give my life in her defense. I don't talk "down" to anyone. I "help out" those who are in need, emotionally, physically and financially, regardless of their nationality or color. I don't brag about these things. I have never asked for anything in return. I have never asked for recognition of my gernerosities. Maybe I need to, too stave off the Stigma of "Ugly Americans". We, "Americans" do so much for so many and receive so little in return. Most of us don't deserve the Stinging title of "Ugly American". I'm beginning to wonder if I have done the right thing by my generosity. I'd like to think that I'm not a "P-nche Gringo". I'd like to think that the Stigma of "Ugly American" is losing steam. Someday, maybe somebody will again say "Thanks to America" and my old ears won't hear that ugly phrase again.

Rant over.