BajaNomad

Boring posters

jrbaja - 1-12-2005 at 10:13 AM

Well, its happening again, some of the gringo riff raff are trying to attack and start arguments over my posts.
From what I have seen, unless I start something that may be considered controversial by these Do you know who I am people, this place is about as exciting as watching bamboo grow. Maybe less except for a very few who actually have something to say or some cool pics of Baja.
Is it your personalities or is life really that boring and you guys are regular troves of excitement and information that I am missing?

azusa_bob - 1-12-2005 at 01:17 PM

Please stop knocking JR everyone! He may be ignorant and arrogant - but he's a great kisser! :lol::lol::moon::moon:

azusa_bob

bajalera - 1-12-2005 at 03:21 PM

Only two posts, and already kissing? Surely you must be making this up--JR doesn't strike me as being all that easy.

bajalera

How funny is that

jrbaja - 1-12-2005 at 05:07 PM

Ol kneel and bob from azusa is one of my ex girlfriends from the travelers board. She was evicted from there because of similar postings and she obviously just wasnt that good anyway.
Good to see she has been brushing up on brilliance though.

JR

Skeet/Loreto - 1-12-2005 at 05:46 PM

Still waiting you instructions on "How to Kill Bamboo growing on my place here in Texas.

Skeet/Loreto

Pray or become Prey

Bajaboy - 1-12-2005 at 06:27 PM

Hey JR-

Don't P-nche gringos spend all their free time on the Internet while travelling in Baja?

The last thing I would do while in Baja is spend my time trash-talking, or sharing my profound wisdom, on Nomads. I would wait until I returned to my gringo land.

Just an observation...have fun!

Zac

Diver - 1-12-2005 at 07:52 PM

JR,

Keep on posting !
If you don't, we will only have half as many posts to read and one less place to direct our attention, aggression or whatever.

Thanks,
Diver

PS Just laid a strand woven bamboo floor. It is amazingly heavy, hard and stable. I am very impressed !

Roberto - 1-12-2005 at 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Hey JR-

Don't P-nche gringos spend all their free time on the Internet while travelling in Baja?

The last thing I would do while in Baja is spend my time trash-talking, or sharing my profound wisdom, on Nomads. I would wait until I returned to my gringo land.

Just an observation...have fun!

Zac

:lol::lol::lol:

Amazing isn't it, that while in Baja (in the Gringo enclaves he raves against) he finds time to berate us ingorant, closed minded, non-family oriented "P-nche gringos", isn't it? Makes you wonder why he does it?

Skeet. Wooow!! What ever you do... don't pee on the Bamboo

RandyMacSC/SO - 1-12-2005 at 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Still waiting you instructions on "How to Kill Bamboo growing on my place here in Texas.

Skeet/Loreto

Pray or become Prey

RandyMac

Mexitron - 1-12-2005 at 08:10 PM

Skeet--if I may--cut the bamboo almost ground level, immediately brush on undiluted "Super Concentrated Roundup" on the opened stalks. Treat any newly sprouting stems at half strength of above. Should work pretty well....any idea what kind of bamboo it is?

Nikon - 1-12-2005 at 08:24 PM

Skeet. If you have a problem with throwing more poison into the earth, here's a cleaner method, but one that has to be undertaken by a young man. I was 43 when I did it and it nearly killed me.

Get a mattock and dig up the plants. The mattock has more leverage than a mere shovel. Allow the grass surrounding the plants to grow. This will reveal the shoots sent up by the runners. With your mattock, dig up the runners, one by one till all are removed. This would be child's play to a young Messican.

Me No - 1-12-2005 at 08:40 PM

Nikon, you just dated yourself. You have to be at least 60 to call a pick with a fat end a Mattocks.:lol:

Yea, that will give you a work out though.

Skeet, 5 gallons of gas and stand back. Whooosh!:biggrin:

JR, must be in the hospital with an internet connection, or hooked up with a gal with a computer.:lol:

WTF. Lets have a trip report. Pandejo!!:lol:

Mexitron - 1-12-2005 at 08:53 PM

Toxicity Info for Roundup:

Oral LD 50(mg)--the SMALLER the number the MORE toxic the substance:

Strychnine 16
Nicotine 50
Caffeine 150
Aspirin 350
DDT 500
Penicillin 1,000
Table Salt 3,300
Roundup 4,300 (glyphosphate)
Water 10,000

It takes 16 mg of strychnine to kill 50% of a test rat population. It takes 10,000 mg of water to do the same.....Roundup, at 4,300 mg ain't that toxic at all. It does not leach thru the soil well at all and is broken down by bacteria in 1-164 days.

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fieldcrops/3938.html

Hey Mexitron,

Frigatebird - 1-12-2005 at 09:51 PM

where does this thread rank? :lol:

Frigatebird

Mexitron - 1-12-2005 at 09:54 PM

You got me Frigatebird!! Guilty!:lol:

Hey JR, it's tough to SMILE around all those obnoxious...

RandyMacSC/SO - 1-12-2005 at 10:02 PM

gringos as you relate to them, but SMILE man. Life's too short.

If in a bind and you get Wound Too Tight, try this method of S*M*I*L*I*N*G; it has always worked for me in real tough situations. :lol::lol: :lol::lol:

RandyMac

Thanks to All!

Skeet/Loreto - 1-13-2005 at 05:13 AM

Yes I do know what a Mattocks is used for!

However at this ole Age of nearly 74 i was looking for an easy solution. fire would be nice but it is next to the Shop Wall. I will give roundup a Try with lots of Water to delute. thanks for the Assistance.
It is 24 Degrees at this moment, wonder why it does not Freeze to death.

Skeet/Loreto

Diver - 1-13-2005 at 07:11 AM

If you want to get nasty; try "Crossbow".
It makes roundup look like kool aid but isn't all that nasty long term.
I think you may by using the roundup until you're 80 ! Bamboo is tough stuff !

Nikon - 1-13-2005 at 08:58 AM

Skeet, my previous post requires careful reading. I used the word "runners". Runners or rhizomes, was God's plan for the invasive species among the 250 kinds of bamboo, to propogate themselves. God foresaw the Internet and the many false prophets it would spawn, even to the invention of Roundup. I listened when an old guy told me what to do about my bamboo. I bought a "mattock", not "mattocks", since I only needed one tool. My longest runners extended fifty feet, under the fence and into the front yard. Obviously this was long before I learned about the craters that an F18 can deliver from a thousand pounder, the only real alternative to "my" method, of which I can conceive.

wilderone - 1-13-2005 at 09:31 AM

"... strand woven bamboo floor"
What is that exactly? What is the installation technique?

Do goats or cows eat bamboo?

PabloS - 1-13-2005 at 10:40 AM

Here is pretty good web site explaining how it's manf.
http://www.wfibamboo.com/strand.html

Interesting turn of events

jrbaja - 1-13-2005 at 10:49 AM

And quite the unique way of getting others to say something of interest.:lol::lol::lol: Didn't know ya had it in ya fellers:light:

Skeet, I replied to your question when you first asked it. Digging is the best technique whether people say poison isn't harmful or not. I thought that's why they called it poison but I'm sure there are those that are more knowledgable than me on the breakdowns and statistics. They can probably even speak Spanish!
Poisons have been voted out in my neck of the woods and diggers are fairly cheap. This is something we are dealing with every day down here but not to kill it, just to move it around some.
Roundup or the others are effective and fast but personally, I think there are already too many people using these "harmless" poisons all over the diminishing planet.
There are also many more than 250 species of bamboo and Mexico has 25 species that are becoming extinct. I am working on trying to unextinct them but we shall see.
What is the diameter of your bamboo? Are you sure it's not Carrizo? Either way, I wish you were just a might closer cause I'd love to help you out. Also, you can forget about it freezing to death. There are some very large bamboo nurseries in Maine and Washington State. Good to about 6 below depending on the species.

Randy, as far as being wound to tight, this is a game for me. Let's see, internet or plant bamboo in the heat. Hmmm, let me think. Considering I am up before the sun picking my breakfast and messing with gardens and homes, I think a little bit of rubbing peoples noses in it is pretty cheap entertainment and a way to keep in tune with "modern society".
Besides, I have been asked by some to continue with my cheap entertainment. Works for me!:lol:

And besides, those who are concerned about my internet time in Baja, after living here for 10 years, picking breakfast from about about 10 kinds of fruit trees every day, exploring caves that haven't been seen in hundreds of years, running drip systems for bamboo and vegetables, and fixing up a 200 year old house, this screen makes for a pretty amazing diversion. Enjoy!;D

So Glad!

Baja Bernie - 1-13-2005 at 11:08 AM

Boy, Was I beginning to worry!

At least a couple of you worked, stretched, the word Baja into two pages of posts.

Wish I could do that--I have resorted to posting 'happy things' in the off topic section just to follow the rules.

Hell a bunch of us figure that rules don't apply to 'our' Baja (see I worked Baja into this twice).

Besides that--JR you make far to many promises that you don't keep--it was black bamboo that you promised me about a year ago.

azusa_bob - 1-13-2005 at 01:19 PM

Quote:

Wonder what the third post will bring to light...

Well... I could elaborate on the time that JR demonstrated the use of one of his sweet, hand-crafted bamboo gerbil tubes! :lol::lol::moon::moon:

Sorry Bernie

jrbaja - 1-13-2005 at 05:14 PM

Does this mean when I actually acquire some and get it planted, that you don't want it anymore?:lol:
Like the BSAR book, by the time I get it finished the way I want it, people won't break down in Baja anymore:light::lol:
They'll all be flying in to their personal enclavian runways:lol::lol::lol:

JR

Baja Bernie - 1-14-2005 at 09:40 AM

My apologies. I thought the black bamboo was grown right here in Baja. I failed to realize that you were having it imported on a slow boat from China.

Thanks to All

Skeet/Loreto - 1-14-2005 at 10:00 AM

Nikon: you Avator I have seen many, many times while setting on the Porch at my old "Rancho Sonrisa" North of Loreto. Sometimes a fish, sometimes a Snake.
thanks for the info.

JR. One of your best Post, guess my Prayers are working! The only Kind of Bamboo that i know is the type used in the 50's in North Korea.

Mac, I am sure you know what "Sonrisa" means.

Have a good Day youall. I have to find a Horse Trailer, and about a 15 year old Gelding for my wife to ride.

Skeet/Loreto

"Every Tub Sets on Its own Bottom"