BajaNomad

CABO INN

tim40 - 1-17-2005 at 08:04 PM

Has anyone recently stayed at the Cabo Inn? What is your opinion? Good/bad/neutral aspects. Tim

BajaNomad - 1-17-2005 at 08:38 PM

fyi...

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=5564

tim40 - 1-17-2005 at 09:23 PM

Thank you, I did see that post. Without question having vehicle theft was not fun, but really did not tell me much about the stay and associated offerings.

bajajudy - 1-18-2005 at 07:57 AM

I dont know anything about Cabo Inn(except that it has been for sale for a few years) but the Mar de Cortez is very nice for the price.
If I had seen that other thread I would have suggested Casa Raphael, spitting distance to Medano Beach but quiet; with a restaurant and bar and a couple of suites with Jacuzzi's and very interesting decor.

[Edited on 1-18-2005 by bajajudy]

GREAT BUDGET PLACE - DO NOT BOOK BEFORE YOU GO

synch - 1-18-2005 at 09:39 AM

I went on a SCUBA dive boat and stayed at Cabo Inn for a few days prior to the trip departure between Xmas-New Years which should be peak season there. It is a great location - just 2 blocks from the Malecon so you are close to the expensive hotels and shops but at a fraction of the price. The rooms were small but clean and basic BUT make sure you enjoy the roof top garden, couches and palapa, small pool/jacuzzi as this makes it ALL worth while.

I booked ahead of time and paid the $58/night for a single that is stated on the Cabo Inn website. Another traveller walked up and paid $45 for a similar single but on the side of the building there is a HUGE sign painted stating that singles cost $39.99 per night.

They have MANY rooms (3 floors) and during the Christmas peak season they were not even close to being half full, so next time I would not book ahead of time.

I've noticed this before when travelling in Asia - if you book ahead of time you get gouged on the price.

[Edited on 1-18-2005 by synch]

[Edited on 1-18-2005 by synch]

Cabo Inn

Anonymous - 1-18-2005 at 10:41 AM

I've stayed at the cabo inn a handfull of times and have always had a great experience. Cheap, walking distance to everything, and clean. Plus, El Toro Bravo is right around the corner.:O

tim40 - 1-18-2005 at 12:59 PM

Thank you all.

Assume it was clean and reasonably well kept. Any on site amenities?