BajaNomad

Baja tour

Curt Leduc Baja tours - 7-17-2016 at 07:53 PM

This is Curt Leduc Offroad Hall of Fame driver and am now hosting guided trips to Baja. My next trip is August 22-25. 3 nites 4 days,150 miles in the dirt each day. It includes 3 meals a day and hotels. We cross and return at Tecate and depending on the weather we can see San Felipe, Mikes Sky Rancho, Melling ranch,San Quintine and the last night In Guadalupe wine valley. These trips have all been prerun,GPS,timed and approved for Fun and Adventure! My e mail is thefadingtrailofbajalegends@gmail.com. Jeeps,4seat buggies,Raptors,4x4 trucks with upgraded suspension and pre runners. Baja to me is this simple, Chasing Dreams,Trophies and Sunsets.

willardguy - 7-17-2016 at 08:46 PM

welcome! I suggested your tour earlier but some want to see your steekers first! :lol:

David K - 7-17-2016 at 08:50 PM

Welcome to Baja Nomad Curt!

Leduc Tour

John M - 7-18-2016 at 10:44 AM

How about a small hint at the cost.

Thanks, John M

PaulW - 7-18-2016 at 12:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John M  
How about a small hint at the cost.

Thanks, John M

=========
1900/vehicle

Bajahowodd - 7-18-2016 at 04:37 PM

San Quintin is not spelled with an e at the end. Just sayin'.

bajabuddha - 7-18-2016 at 04:55 PM

Welcome to Nomads, Curt. Hope your endeavors work out better than expected (and good luck to that). As a newbie you'll notice some have to 'pile on', happens to the best and worst of us. Howodd's skill and expertise as a Hotelier, Restaurateur, Weather Forecaster (all from today's recent posts) and of course, language instructor and Professor Emeritus of 2nd Grade Spelling Bees are only far exceeded by his good looks. After all, a world traveler who has a golf course condo in Los Cabos and a special Room in Disney Castle will set your record straight. Learn well from the Masters, the site is full of 'em.

Again, have fun off-road and hope you keep the black side down.

Baja tour

Curt Leduc Baja tours - 7-18-2016 at 05:25 PM

The cost for a 3 nite 4 day trip is $1900.00 per truck. We supply a chase truck with trailer and tools to get you back home if needed. Limit is 15 vehicles with 8 minimum. Pick a date that works for you and we will organize the group you can join. I must apologize for my spelling as most of my time in Baja I was going as fast as I could and NEVER slowed down to read the spelling on all these amazing places. For 30 years my only job was to turn Money into Dust. Thanks Curt Leduc

Udo - 7-19-2016 at 10:58 AM

Best of luck on your new venture in Baja.

Udo Winkler (yes, that one!)

o3dave - 7-19-2016 at 02:20 PM

I hope a go pro video of the trip is included in the price. I have a feeling if riding shotgun with Curt or Kyle Leduc in a race prepped raptor, I would not likely get to see anything but the inside of my eyelids. It might be best to mute the audio as well!

Good luck Curt, very cool new endeavor.

mtgoat666 - 7-19-2016 at 03:09 PM

Cant we all get along?

Lets all gather our toyota tacomas around a campfire on dirt island and sing kumbaya!

Bajahowodd - 7-19-2016 at 04:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Welcome to Nomads, Curt. Hope your endeavors work out better than expected (and good luck to that). As a newbie you'll notice some have to 'pile on', happens to the best and worst of us. Howodd's skill and expertise as a Hotelier, Restaurateur, Weather Forecaster (all from today's recent posts) and of course, language instructor and Professor Emeritus of 2nd Grade Spelling Bees are only far exceeded by his good looks. After all, a world traveler who has a golf course condo in Los Cabos and a special Room in Disney Castle will set your record straight. Learn well from the Masters, the site is full of 'em.

Again, have fun off-road and hope you keep the black side down.

Can't get over me, can you? Wanna have gay sex? That's the vibe I'm getting.

willardguy - 7-19-2016 at 04:42 PM

Curts guided tour sounds like a blast! get out there while you can before more trails are closed and more gates are locked!:bounce:

buddha and howodd knockin it out.....priceless!:lol:

bajabuddha - 7-19-2016 at 08:54 PM

GEE, Wille...... you were the very first to pile on me as a newbie back in April of 2013, and you're still a prik. Used to it now, just nice to warn future targets. You and Howodd aught to get a room together, just sayin'............ :bounce:

shari - 7-6-2017 at 07:54 AM

Welcome to the Nomad sandbox Curt....it was nice meeting you last week here in Bahia Asuncion...the villagers enjoyed seeing all the cool trucks and the little gift giveaway.

Everyone in this group seemed to be really having fun.

dizzyspots - 7-6-2017 at 11:02 AM

So...am in the wrong line of work..or is my math off? ...9 meals (+/-). 3 hotel nights......my gas and my truck and Im gonna pay $1900 for the the tour guide? $1900 x 8 = $15,200 Max of 15 =$28,500 for THREE days?? Please help me understand how this is a deal...

mtgoat666 - 7-6-2017 at 01:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dizzyspots  
So...am in the wrong line of work..or is my math off? ...9 meals (+/-). 3 hotel nights......my gas and my truck and Im gonna pay $1900 for the the tour guide? $1900 x 8 = $15,200 Max of 15 =$28,500 for THREE days?? Please help me understand how this is a deal...

it's $475/day, which is a bit steep in my book for an all-inclusive that does not include any transportation.

and the hotels/meals cost no more than $120/day.

BooJumMan - 7-6-2017 at 08:25 PM

Yeah! Another one selling out! Lets keep it up. :mad:

Hope you teach to respect the land and locals.

[Edited on 7-7-2017 by BooJumMan]

chuckie - 7-7-2017 at 04:33 AM

I cant believe we need yet another "Off road tour operator"..Ultimately means more locked gates, closed areas unfriendly people...

shari - 7-7-2017 at 07:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BooJumMan  

Hope you teach to respect the land and locals.
[Edited on 7-7-2017 by BooJumMan]

One thing I have learned in this life is that diversity is positive, there are all sorts of wonderful people in all walks of life and economic positions. I know wealthy a$$hats and poor ones, amazing inspirational people of all colours, creeds & status....so I try not to judge by what someone does, or charges. What turns people's crank is always interesting to me even though it may not be my thing...we all are unique in what thrills us.

Some people want good service from someone experienced in their field and are willing and can afford to pay for it with hard earned money. Others dont give a crap and think they know it all and dont want a guide or simply cant afford a famous one!

But like Boojum Man mentioned above....I too hope that these tours are respectful and build bridges instead of ripping up roads. I can't say as I have never been on one of these trips, but it would be great if there was an educational aspect to them and the group interacted with locals. Even though coming to Asuncion was just a lunch stop, this Mission Tour group spent a couple hours with the kids and families and it was very positive.

The back roads are traveled by ranchers and their visitors so safety and respect is critical. And if it helps out these remote areas economically well GREAT! I imagine such a tour would be very well thought out, have all the permissions and be well implemented as well as have good relations with their hosts along the way. If other stops get the reaction they got from our village, I see is positive impact.

David K - 7-7-2017 at 08:13 AM

Ditto to Shari's reply!

Baja has room for all the new people who use the tours service to be introduced to Baja.

Naturally, they should use existing open roads and not bushwack cross country... with so many dirt roads in Baja, there.

Baja Education is my passion and there is always so much more to a location story than most know. The mission period and the pre-pavement automobile period are my two favorite history studies in Baja.

Once you have been to Baja... you just 'can't get enough'! As witnessed during my 2016 Baja Extreme Tour with four 4x4 Toyotas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAWGzW4bR9Q

chuckie - 7-7-2017 at 03:30 PM

Sure glad you included your 2016 Baja Extreme Tour....Thanks

willardguy - 7-7-2017 at 03:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Sure glad you included your 2016 Baja Extreme Tour....Thanks

actually these days he prefers 2016 baja Extreme "research expedition"! :smug:

TMW - 7-7-2017 at 03:52 PM

There are several organized tour groups for motorcycles, ATVs, buggies and trucks. The established groups do their home work and use roads and trails that do not trespass over land that the owner doesn't want them on. They bring money to Baja in the way of gas, hotels, restaurants etc.

There are always a few people that will go over land they shouldn't and go thru Keep out signs and basically don't respect other peoples property. They give every off roader a black eye with their stupidity.

chuckie - 7-7-2017 at 03:53 PM

OK

motoged - 7-8-2017 at 01:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Curt Leduc Baja tours  
The cost for a 3 nite 4 day trip is $1900.00 per truck. ....... For 30 years my only job was to turn Money into Dust. Thanks Curt Leduc

Curt,
Good luck....turning Dust into Money :light: :biggrin:

Folks on this board tend to do a month or two in Baja off-road for 2 grand....but by the looks of the pics in Bahia Asuncion, you are findin folks willing to pay the ticket.

TMW - 7-8-2017 at 02:22 PM

I don't know about who does a 4 wheel vehicle tour but the motorcycle tours attract mostly riders that either have not been to Baja or not often or they are from back east. Some do it because they are thinking of doing a Baja SCORE race and want to get the lay of the land. Also some do it to have a family thing like dtbushpilot and his son Thad. They did a week ride all the way down with Tim Morton.

TMW - 7-8-2017 at 02:27 PM

I was at Mikes Sky Ranch a few years ago and there was a MC tour group with maybe 20 or more bikes. That's pretty large, I think most MC tours like to keep it under 10, easier to control and keep track of. 10 would include the leader and the drag bike. Cameron Steel has sometimes over 30 in his Rip to the tip run. But his runs only have experienced rider, not beginners.

tiotomasbcs - 7-8-2017 at 02:34 PM

There is no more room for off Road tours down here outside Cabo. Dozens of em. Migrino Ejido & others have been bought out for the majority of their Quad, Razor, Buggy rentals $$. The beach area, river arroyos, and mountain roads are all torn up with day tourists from Cabo. Nothing educational going on...fast and furious! Sadly, the Ranchero kids are drawn to Cabo for work and money. Surf lessons dominate Cerritos Beach ; It's been a few years since I got my feet wet there. Glad there's still secret spots and I'm not telling, unless you buy the beer! Tio :bounce:

[Edited on 7-8-2017 by tiotomasbcs]

basautter - 7-8-2017 at 03:24 PM

Sounds like a blast! Let's see some pictures posted when you are done.

mtgoat666 - 7-8-2017 at 04:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  
There is no more room for off Road tours down here outside Cabo. Dozens of em. Migrino Ejido & others have been bought out for the majority of their Quad, Razor, Buggy rentals $$. The beach area, river arroyos, and mountain roads are all torn up with day tourists from Cabo. Nothing educational going on...fast and furious! Sadly, the Ranchero kids are drawn to Cabo for work and money. Surf lessons dominate Cerritos Beach ; It's been a few years since I got my feet wet there. Glad there's still secret spots and I'm not telling, unless you buy the beer! Tio :bounce:

Thankfully much of baja is inaccessible to motor bikes! :D:bounce:
I value baja for still providing opportunities to be far away from any knuckle draggers and their infernal noise and dust! :D:bounce:
Heres to hoping more land is closed to knuckledragging! :light::spingrin:
Keep your stinking noise and dust in glamis! :light::spingrin:

bajatrailrider - 2-26-2018 at 08:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  

Thankfully much of baja is inaccessible to motor bikes! :D:bounce:
I value baja for still providing opportunities to be far away from any knuckle draggers and their infernal noise and dust! :D:bounce:
Heres to hoping more land is closed to knuckledragging! :light::spingrin:
Keep your stinking noise and dust in glamis! :light::spingrin:

bajatrailrider - 2-26-2018 at 08:27 AM

Great old post MT666 only thing that stinks in Baja is you loser. Also thankful dirt bikes can go where Idiots like you cant go. Of course that's if you could get out of your chair. Must smell bad in that chair stinky. JAAAA