BajaNomad

SF250 map

TMW - 2-7-2005 at 07:02 PM

The SF250 map is posted at the Score site.
www.score-international.com

It ain't backwards like BFG said it would be. Looks like same as last years course.

tunaeater - 2-7-2005 at 08:52 PM

TW, thanks for the info. Now we can make our plans. Still not sure what we are doing yet..I may go down Friday night and ride Saturday to check out the southern half of the course..Paul

David K - 2-7-2005 at 08:56 PM

You notice that they are using a satellite image for the base map? Thanks TW!

tunaeater - 2-7-2005 at 09:01 PM

I can't print the map need help.Thanks Paul

bajalou - 2-7-2005 at 11:18 PM

Paul - clickon the printer icon in the Adobe part of the page and it should take you to your printer./

:biggrin:

TMW - 2-8-2005 at 08:24 AM

Paul do you want to do a ride Sunday morning on part of the course.

Bajalou, brother Bill and I will probably join you to watch the first part of the race. As I recall you will be down past the zoo road crossing, right.

Tom

tunaeater - 2-8-2005 at 08:44 AM

Tom I'm leaning on staying down on the southern part of the race course on race day. Some friends of mine are running their 5/1600 car so I'll have a pit for them. Probably in or around Matomi wash. I'm ready to ride Friday and Sunday. .Just let me know times and places. We should discuss radio freq's also to keep in touch..

bajalou - 2-8-2005 at 09:44 AM

TW About a mile north of Zoo rd.. I'll be at contingency Fri PM - We can get together or come by. Marine 72 is the channel I monitor. Have a great ride - both of you.

tunaeater - 2-8-2005 at 11:01 AM

Lou I'll call you on 72 when I'm coming down (Thursday night) and Friday(when I get to town). I plan at being at contigency Friday late afternoonish. What time do you planing to be at contigency. Also, I might be down this Friday night to pre-run some course Saturday.Paul

bajalou - 2-8-2005 at 07:27 PM

I'm wrong - should be 74 not 72 remember 74

I'll be around home all this weekend I think. On contingency. I'll be on the malacon most of the afternoon . 1 till 4/5?

TMW - 2-9-2005 at 10:33 AM

Lou what frequency is Marine 74?

I'll be at contingency also on Friday. What I may do is watch the race with Lou then head south to Tunaeater's pit area to catch em coming home. We can make watch and ride plans on Friday.

I'm heading to Las Vegas today and returning Friday evening. So I'll be off line till then.

tunaeater - 2-9-2005 at 07:22 PM

TW, Marine 74 is 156.725.. I guess we can monitor that for Friday..When we meet at contigency. I'll give you our freq's we will be using on race day...Paul

tunaeater - 2-14-2005 at 09:44 AM

Tom we will be pitting at RM130 Chanate and then going to RM196 when they come out of Matomi. We will be gasing the car at RM 196. You would be welcome support if you could make it down...Paul

David K - 2-14-2005 at 05:45 PM

There is an ever so slight chance that I may introduce Elizabeth to Baja racing at the 250... Maybe she can hold the fire extinguisher during refilling? That's how I was introduced to race support, back in 1978. Maybe we will see you at RM 130 Paul, then follow you to Matomi??? Otherwise, we may watch at the Sulfur Mine which has some jumps...

tunaeater - 2-14-2005 at 09:58 PM

David, you and Elizabeth would be a welcome support as well. We plan to be at contigency Friday. I'll be supporting car#574 GRT(Garcias Racing Team) I'll get my tires and race gas then go on down to my dad's house.. Up early Saturday morning to make RM 130 before the bikes go by. I'll be in my 01 F-150, silver crew cab with GRT sticker on the back window and #574 on the front and back. Hope you can make it bring some stickers if you have some...Paul

David K - 2-14-2005 at 10:04 PM

Thanks Paul!

surfer jim - 2-15-2005 at 08:32 AM

I will be heading down on Wednesday (23) with my buggy....arrive about 4 pm....plan is to prerun Thursday and maybe a little on Friday with some continengcy time also....MAY have a place to camp near mile 130 with the BAJA SHOP...does anybody have some backup location where I could park truck/trailer while there in this area?....plans are flexible with possible passenger seat available for anyone who would want a ride....

tunaeater - 2-15-2005 at 08:54 AM

Jim, my dad's house is in playa San Antonio K43. You could park your stuff there.I'm not sure what time I'll get down there Friday. We all have left boats, trucks and such for shourt and long periods of time. I'm sure it wont be a problem..Let me know if youe interested

surfer jim - 2-15-2005 at 02:03 PM

Thanks...my plans are subject to change at any time but I will be down there for sure....will know more later in week or early next week....what is happening Thursday as far as prerunning?....who will be out?....Friday may also prerun partial course if all is well...probably have open seat both days for anyone who may want ride....

TMW - 2-15-2005 at 07:28 PM

My plans have changed a little. I will be helping Billy Robertson and Tony Tellier in car #121. I'm not sure what they will have me do but I think it will probably be chasing. Usually they have had me go to Morelia Jct. on the start. But if possible I'll see if I can come to RM130 and hook up with Paul.

Bajalou I'll try to hook up with you sometime while I'm there. I'll use the radio.

David if Elizabeth hasn't been to a Baja off-road race she will be in for a major surprise. She will wonder where did all the people come from and what are those monster machines. You better be careful, she might want to get a car or truck and go racing.

David K - 2-15-2005 at 10:07 PM

TW: I should be so lucky!!!:biggrin:

bajalou - 2-15-2005 at 10:28 PM

TW
I'll be at contingency most of Fri afternoon. Will have a radio on Mar 74 - 156.725.

David - If you get down on Fri lets try to hook up.

Paul - hope to see you sometime over the weekend.

TMW - 2-16-2005 at 08:46 AM

Tim Morton is racing on bike 107 and he's asked if I could splash him with gas coming out of Matomi somewhere, probably RM196 where paul will be going later. So Bill and I may split up with one of us at Matomi and the other keeping an eye on car 121.

Lou, I'll be calling on the radio on Friday for you and Paul.

tunaeater - 2-16-2005 at 11:03 AM

TW, I'll be at RM 130 waiting for the bikes and our car #574. If you give me your freq's I'll call out when they pass by. Do you think we will have time to ride Sunday with all this hard work going on..

Lou- Looks like I won't be coming down until Friday morning. I should leave EC by 8:30. Get breakfast when we get to SF then to the malecon. I'll start calling for you on the way down like always..

bajalou - 2-16-2005 at 01:47 PM

Paul - you'll get here for most of the contingency action -see both of you there.

Now for all ov you race chase crews, pit crews and fans, there is a new road for access to powerline road and on to valley Chico and Morelia. It is a couple miles South of Zoo road and is signed "Morelia". This is a brand new road built this summer-fall to keep traffic off Zoo rd. It appears to now be a federal road and has speedlimit signs. I would expect it'll be monitored by the Police for speeding etc during race weekend - Just a note to the wise.

tunaeater - 2-16-2005 at 02:09 PM

Lou I heard they were giving tickets on that new road or Zoo rd last weekend.

David K - 2-16-2005 at 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalou

Now for all ov you race chase crews, pit crews and fans, there is a new road for access to powerline road and on to valley Chico and Morelia. It is a couple miles South of Zoo road and is signed "Morelia". This is a brand new road built this summer-fall to keep traffic off Zoo rd.

Sounds good... will the big rockadile get moved, as that was a good landmark!

Hope we don't see a sign that says 'Agua Caliente Canyon Hot Springs' there!:lol:

[Edited on 2-17-2005 by David K]

bajalou - 2-16-2005 at 07:23 PM

They have been out ticketing speeders in this area. So be careful - don't want a hour delay while you go to town and pay the ticket. And David, I'm not going to tell where else you can get to going that way. (It's our secret places)

TMW - 2-17-2005 at 08:26 AM

Tunaeater, I'll have my bike with me and I'm game for a ride on Sunday. I think I'll take Monday off so I can go home slowly and have more time for fun.

TMW - 2-17-2005 at 08:33 AM

Bajalou is the new chase road the one that comes out at the zoo road crossing for the race course.

bajalou - 2-17-2005 at 09:34 AM

Yes TW, thats the one.

TMW - 2-21-2005 at 08:28 AM

BFG has a neat race map with the milage marked every two miles on the RLH web site. www.rlhcomm.com scroll down to the bottom and click on race info. See you guys on Friday.

bajalou - 2-21-2005 at 12:31 PM

Thanks TW - see you

tunaeater - 2-21-2005 at 10:54 PM

Very nice map Thanks Tom

bajalou - 2-22-2005 at 10:24 AM

Got the GPS info from the site you mentioned TW, and after a few hours figuring out how to do it, overlayed it on a satallite photo of Baja. Great perspective - but haven't figured how to get it small enough to post (or Email) and have any thing you can make out. This is a Ozi thing. Any suggestions?

David K - 2-22-2005 at 07:06 PM

Lou,
If you want to email it to me in the mean time, perhaps I can get it online, on one of my webtv web pages, if not directly from my files to here?

[Edited on 2-23-2005 by David K]

Here are Lou's Cool Maps, great detail!

David K - 2-23-2005 at 12:21 PM

Baja Lou's Race Maps