BajaNomad

Dog Acupuncture

infoseeker - 3-22-2017 at 06:14 PM

In Rosarito area, anybody know of dog acupuncturist in Rosarito, TJ or Ensenda. If you have info on this please reply to my posting.

pauldavidmena - 3-23-2017 at 06:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by infoseeker  
In Rosarito area, anybody know of dog acupuncturist in Rosarito, TJ or Ensenda. If you have info on this please reply to my posting.

Dogs performing acupuncture? What will they think of next?

:lol:

bajabuddha - 3-23-2017 at 06:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  

I've been punctured by a dog a time or two... :no:

infoseeker - 3-23-2017 at 03:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  

I've been punctured by a dog a time or two... :no:

THX, for nothing

David K - 3-23-2017 at 03:51 PM

Is there really such a crazy thing as this... in Mexico??
How does a dog "tell you" if the pain is less after the needling?

AKgringo - 3-23-2017 at 04:02 PM

Infoseeker, I am sorry you have not found a provider in your area. I just wanted to say that I was skeptical when my vet offered acupuncture for my elderly lab mix, who had a degenerative spine problem.

The difference it made in her comfort and mobility was remarkable, and made her final months much easier on both of us. Good luck with your search!

LancairDriver - 3-23-2017 at 06:28 PM

My, don't we have some cute informative responses here. Thanks Akgringo for the only useful information.

mtgoat666 - 3-23-2017 at 06:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Is there really such a crazy thing as this... in Mexico??
How does a dog "tell you" if the pain is less after the needling?

DK: I am thinking you are a cat person, not a dog person.

Vet info

bajaguy - 3-23-2017 at 06:39 PM

Call Dr Antonio Pina Jasso, MVZ, Ensenada. He may know someone

646 174 0601

bajabuddha - 3-23-2017 at 06:43 PM

As an ''acute informative responder'' here, I can say sarcasm is sometimes a welcome diversion. If you don't have a sense of humor then joke you if you can't take a ... never mind. AK gringo, where was this acupuncture administered? And at what cost? And could you expect to find it in Baja where even elementary medical care takes very diligent researching to find reputable treatment other than in large cities like Ensenada, Los Cabos and La Paz?

Lacair, some people just have to learn how to lighten up a little.... no malice intended. :coolup:

LancairDriver - 3-23-2017 at 07:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
As an ''acute informative responder'' here, I can say sarcasm is sometimes a welcome diversion. If you don't have a sense of humor then joke you if you can't take a ... never mind. AK gringo, where was this acupuncture administered? And at what cost? And could you expect to find it in Baja where even elementary medical care takes very diligent researching to find reputable treatment other than in large cities like Ensenada, Los Cabos and La Paz?

Lacair, some people just have to learn how to lighten up a little.... no malice intended. :coolup:

Probably true, however I hate to see a newbie looking for helpful information subjected to comments making a joke out of their question right off the bat. If this had been an old time member posting this they would probably expect these responses. Possibly not a good first experience to this forum.

TedZark - 3-24-2017 at 05:59 AM

I've seen two places in Ensenada.

IF my memory is correct, one is on Delante on the north side of the street a few blocks from Noah's Ark (the veterinarian). If you can't find it, stop in a Noah's and ask there. Noah's is in the small strip center, just half a block east of the big Pemex station. Both Pemex and Noah's are also on the north side of the street.

There is a big very visible sign for the acupuncture place. It should be easy to spot.

As BajaGuy suggests though - probably most vets would know where to find it.

Update on location - the shop is near Mexico Ave and Delante. There is a Pemex on the corner of Mexico and Delante, so right in the general area and probably a block or two west of the intersection - on the north side of the street. Good luck!

[Edited on 3-24-2017 by TedZark]

pauldavidmena - 3-24-2017 at 06:25 AM

infoseeker - There was no malice intended on my part. I thought "dog acupuncturist" an interesting way to phrase your request and decided to have a little fun with it.

Among the more helpful responses, seeking out a local vet seems a good resource. I might also suggest contacting an acupuncturist who works primarily with humans, as some might also work with pets. As a dog lover, I know that alternative treatments can be highly effective when traditional medicine falls short.

infoseeker - 3-24-2017 at 12:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TedZark  

IF my memory is correct, one is on Delante on the north side of the street a few blocks from Noah's Ark (the veterinarian). If you can't find it, stop in a Noah's and ask there. Noah's is in the small strip center, just half a block east of the big Pemex station. Both Pemex and Noah's are also on the north side of the street.

There is a big very visible sign for the acupuncture place. It should be easy to spot.

Update on location - the shop is near Mexico Ave and Delante. There is a Pemex on the corner of Mexico and Delante, so right in the general area and probably a block or two west of the intersection - on the north side of the street. Good luck!

They both do acupuncture for animails? Thx for the help

infoseeker - 3-27-2017 at 11:28 AM

Since I am not down there, I asked a vet in town, said there is nobody in town doing this. Please, help me out here. Are you sure these places do animal acupuncture. If you know for sure can you help me get a phone number for a business that is close to there. I tried looking up Noah ark vet in Ensenada no luck. THANKS

TedZark - 3-28-2017 at 10:55 AM

The two places I saw were SPECIFICALLY for animal acupuncture. I'll try to find the one on Delante today when I am in town - I don't got there often.

infoseeker - 3-28-2017 at 10:59 AM

The two places I saw were SPECIFICALLY for animal acupuncture. I'll try to find the one on Delante today when I am in town - I don't got there often.

Thats great. Yes, please do. I am going down there on Friday, would be nice to have contact without having to search the area. I don't know Ensenada very well and don't speak Spanish. Thanks

TedZark - 3-28-2017 at 11:22 AM

Not speaking Spanish might be a problem, but you can just get everything translated online and print it out or download an app for your phone and explain whatever you need that way. I was at a shop the other day where the guy spoke no English at all but used an app to answer my questions. It was pretty cool...

del mar - 3-28-2017 at 11:32 AM

how do they get rover to be still for the pokin', are they sedated?

[Edited on 3-28-2017 by del mar]

infoseeker - 3-28-2017 at 02:05 PM

Not speaking Spanish might be a problem, but you can just get everything translated online and print it out or download an app for your phone and explain whatever you need that way. I was at a shop the other day where the guy spoke no English at all but used an app to answer my questions. It was pretty cool...

According to a vet up here, the guy they know down there that does acupuncture name is Enrique Tea'. Maybe you can ask about him too if possible. I am even willing to pay a finders fee or buy you lunch just for the help as long as I can find somebody

infoseeker - 3-28-2017 at 02:33 PM

According to a vet up here, the guy they know down there that does acupuncture name is Enrique Tea'. Maybe you can ask about him too if possible. I am even willing to pay a finders fee or buy you lunch just for the help as long as I can find somebody

OK, I located Dr. Tea, I might want a second, even a third opinion so please see if you can communicate with that location there on Delonte and Mexico and that other one too. Please get a phone contact for me if possible. thx

TedZark - 3-28-2017 at 04:16 PM

I found an acupuncture clinic and it is not the one I recalled, which seems to no longer be there.

However, with the help of a Vet at Noah's Ark (or El Arc de Noe in Espanol) we found this one in the phone book yellow pages (yes, they still exist) and I went by the location and took a couple photos.

This vet office is with a Dr. Carbajal at 646-176-0615 and is located exactly on the NW corner of Riverol and Tenth Street. Riverol is a main street that runs off the main highway as it comes into town.

The main road coming into town is Costero or also 1st Street - also known as Lazaro Card##as. (for the life of me I don't know why this software converts Card##as into Card##as!) You'll find Riverol to be the third or fourth street once you into the main part of town. If you turn left at Riverol and go about ten streets - you'll be there (at tenth street)!. I've taken a couple photos of the place but I don't know how to put them in this post - will try cut and paste. Everyone knows Riverol - so if you can't find it just ask a local Donde esta calle Riverol? and you quickly find your way.

The big sign out front says in very big letters: ACUPUNTERA VETERINARIA - no mistaking what they do there.

I had a lot of errands to run, so did not go inside and have no idea if they speak English or not, but I am sure a bit of pantomine and you can get the idea across.

Maybe I can attach the photos - let's see...
The shop as seen from Riverol heading east...
1 80.jpg - 87kB
The shop as seen from 10th street heading north
1 79.jpg - 83kB
It looks like they've been there a while.

Good luck!

[Edited on 3-29-2017 by TedZark]

infoseeker - 3-29-2017 at 10:31 AM

I found an acupuncture clinic and it is not the one I recalled, which seems to no longer be there.

However, with the help of a Vet at Noah's Ark (or El Arc de Noe in Espanol) we found this one in the phone book yellow pages (yes, they still exist) and I went by the location and took a couple photos.

This vet office is with a Dr. Carbajal at 646-176-0615 and is located exactly on the NW corner of Riverol and Tenth Street. Riverol is a main street that runs off the main highway as it comes into town.

The main road coming into town is Costero or also 1st Street - also known as Lazaro Card##as. (for the life of me I don't know why this software converts Card##as into Card##as!) You'll find Riverol to be the third or fourth street once you into the main part of town. If you turn left at Riverol and go about ten streets - you'll be there (at tenth street)!. I've taken a couple photos of the place but I don't know how to put them in this post - will try cut and paste. Everyone knows Riverol - so if you can't find it just ask a local Donde esta calle Riverol? and you quickly find your way.

The big sign out front says in very big letters: ACUPUNTERA VETERINARIA - no mistaking what they do there.

I had a lot of errands to run, so did not go inside and have no idea if they speak English or not, but I am sure a bit of pantomine and you can get the idea across.

Maybe I can attach the photos - let's see...
The shop as seen from Riverol heading east...

The shop as seen from 10th street heading north

It looks like they've been there a while.

Good luck!

Thanks for your help. Yes, this is the guy that I have been trying to locate. I just found his phone number yesterday. Appreciate staying with me on this, now I can find the building easier too thx to you

[Edited on 3-29-2017 by TedZark]

TedZark - 3-29-2017 at 07:07 PM

My pleasure. Happy to help.

LOTS of people have helped me with these type things over the years.