BajaNomad

Spring Break 2019

fishbuck - 1-18-2019 at 02:00 AM

Can anyone estimate when Baja will be on "Spring Break"
As in when to avoid dates.
I think right before (week or so) is good time for a trip.

ehall - 1-18-2019 at 04:09 AM

Unless you plan on going to Cabo I wouldn't worry too much. Semana Santa is another story altogether.

caj13 - 1-18-2019 at 07:56 AM

college and highschool spring breaks will either be April 14 -21, 0r 20- 28 or so, they either take the week before or after easter sunday. In this case because easter is so late, i suspect most will be the 14 - 21st.

I also think (but don't know for sure) that the only places that is an issue (IE overun with drunken puking marooons) will be Ensanada, San Felipe, or Cabo. Most of these yahoos are just looking for the easiest location where they can sit around and drink themselves into a stupor and pretend they are sexual gods! so traveling around a desert - no bueno!

JoeJustJoe - 1-18-2019 at 09:30 AM

Spring Break, is usually one week before Easter Sunday, however like our Muslim brothers with Ramadan, and the moon, that dates of Easter Sunday, change and usually falls on the First Sunday after the first full moon. It's all about the moon with religions.

It used to be colleges only had that one week off, but now sometimes they get a longer spring break, or the dates vary, so spring breaks are longer, but not as intense as they have been before.

Sadly, the fear mongers won, and scared a lot of parents in the US, who don't allow their kids to go to Spring Break in Mexico, although Cancun, and the surrounding areas will be rocking, and maybe even places like Cabo, where both places could easily absorb the spring breakers.

Spring break, in upper Baja, like Rosarito, will probably be a non event, or it will be very small for perhaps poor college kids who can't afford Cancun, and who don't listen to their parents.

Since Easter is going to be in late April, there is a chance the weather will be nice during spring break.

I for one like to see young college coed young women letting loose and getting drunk in the bars and by the swimming pools.

Young Young ................ Yum Yum ?

MrBillM - 1-18-2019 at 10:17 AM

From Joe:

" I for one like to see young college coed young women letting loose and getting drunk in the bars and by the swimming pools ............ "

BTW, where are those commas when needed ?

Previous overuse emptied the personal punctuation pouch ?

motoged - 1-18-2019 at 10:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  

Bill,
Add a few more "p's" and you have a good alliterative run there...:biggrin:

JoeJustJoe - 1-18-2019 at 10:36 AM

Careful, or I'll tell them about your adventures in pubic swimming pools in Yucca Valley.

From Joe:

" I for one like to see young college coed young women letting loose and getting drunk in the bars and by the swimming pools ............ "

fishbuck - 1-18-2019 at 10:47 AM

Ok. Thanks all. I kinda remember traffic and crowded border at Easter but maybe a non-event now.

JZ - 1-18-2019 at 12:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
college and highschool spring breaks will either be April 14 -21, 0r 20- 28 or so, they either take the week before or after easter sunday. In this case because easter is so late, i suspect most will be the 14 - 21st.

This is exactly what our school district does. And yes, this year it will start the weekend before Easter.

carlosg - 1-18-2019 at 02:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  
Unless you plan on going to Cabo I wouldn't worry too much. Semana Santa is another story altogether.

Look for April on this link to Mexico's School Year Calendar:

https://www.gob.mx/sep/articulos/consulta-el-calendario-esco...

willardguy - 1-18-2019 at 03:27 PM

why avoid it, spring break is a lot of fun in rosarito! :yes:

fishbuck - 1-18-2019 at 03:44 PM

I saw that!
Maybe on the way home. I ain't done spring break in a while;)

John Harper - 1-18-2019 at 03:46 PM

Our district is off 4/7 - 12, but that's high school, not college.

John

Alm - 1-18-2019 at 05:09 PM

Unless you plan on going to Cabo I wouldn't worry too much.

He is Baja "very Norte". I recall this was the area chosen to move in to. Now, people who really live in Baja, don't usually worry about trips during Easter period, they simply stay put.

caj13 - 1-18-2019 at 05:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

Bill,
Add a few more "p's" and you have a good alliterative run there...:biggrin:

adding a few more Ps? now we are back to drunken co-eds in pool bars - you ever see the calculations on how much urine is released into those pools?

fishbuck - 1-18-2019 at 05:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Unless you plan on going to Cabo I wouldn't worry too much.

He is Baja "very Norte". I recall this was the area chosen to move in to. Now, people who really live in Baja, don't usually worry about trips during Easter period, they simply stay put.

I like Cabo;)

joerover - 1-18-2019 at 06:17 PM

The colleges mix it up over a month, so that Florida will not be to crowded.

What has this to do with baja?

Alm - 1-18-2019 at 09:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  
The colleges mix it up over a month, so that Florida will not be to crowded.

What has this to do with baja?

Nothing.

fishbuck - 1-18-2019 at 10:15 PM

Are you saying there is no Spring Break traffic in Baja Sur? I find that difficult to believe.
I have noticed increased traffic in Baja. Some vacation tourists, some local family traffic etc.

JZ - 1-20-2019 at 08:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by carlosg  

Look for April on this link to Mexico's School Year Calendar:

https://www.gob.mx/sep/articulos/consulta-el-calendario-esco...

Did you ever make it to Timbabichi?

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=85069

[Edited on 1-21-2019 by JZ]

BajaBlanca - 1-20-2019 at 10:32 PM

I can guarantee that spring break is a non-event here in this little corner of Baja Sur!

Alm - 1-20-2019 at 10:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I can guarantee that spring break is a non-event here in this little corner of Baja Sur!

It is not clear from where to where the OP was going to make his trip, to begin with. (If there will be a trip).

[Edited on 1-21-2019 by Alm]

JZ - 1-20-2019 at 10:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  

It is not clear from where to where the OP was going to make his trip, to begin with. (If there will be a trip).

[Edited on 1-21-2019 by Alm]

Fishbuck doesn't actually do trips to Baja. He just posts thoughts and questions.

fishbuck - 1-20-2019 at 11:31 PM

:cool: