BajaNomad

no more masks!

Don Pisto - 4-25-2022 at 08:56 AM

woohoo:coolup:
https://www.elvigia.net/general/2022/4/25/sera-opcional-uso-...

Alm - 4-25-2022 at 01:06 PM

Anything to please the crowds... Compliance was sporadic anyway.

JDCanuck - 4-25-2022 at 02:16 PM

This is only in the northern BC and does not yet apply to BCS, is that correct? I have seen nothing to indicate the masks are not mandatory in La Paz yet.
Only more messages encouraging vaccinatins.
Here are the latest data for cases in BCS, still improving rapidly:
https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/

[Edited on 4-25-2022 by JDCanuck]

Don Pisto - 4-25-2022 at 02:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Anything to please the crowds... Compliance was sporadic anyway.

maybe where you live R&B but in my neck of the woods NOBODY goes into any establishment without a mask, temperature and a squirt!

Don Pisto - 4-25-2022 at 02:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
This is only in the northern BC and does not yet apply to BCS, is that correct? I have seen nothing to indicate the masks are not mandatory in La Paz yet.
Only more messages encouraging vaccinatins.
Here are the latest data for cases in BCS, still improving rapidly:
https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/

[Edited on 4-25-2022 by JDCanuck]

don't know could only apply to norte....

pauldavidmena - 4-26-2022 at 06:50 AM

When my wife and I flew from Boston to Cabo (via Phoenix) in February 2020, there were a small handful of people wearing masks in the airports, and we snickered at them, wondering if they were trying to protect us or themselves. Ditto for when we returned to Cape Cod in the middle of the month, with some older residents masking up in grocery stores. As we all know the messaging out of the CDC initially downplayed the use of masks before doing an about face in March. Initially we wore them everywhere except in our house and in our neighborhood when walking the dog. This included trips to the grocery store, which now were every other week instead of weekly, and always on a weekday morning to ensure smaller crowds.

Massachusetts began to remove some restrictions in May 2021, but it wasn't until late summer that masks became optional. We wore them most of the time when we were in public, but did go out to restaurants 2 or 3 times last summer, as well as attending 2 concerts (one outdoor, one indoor). My workplace invited people back in August 2021, but encouraged those who could work remotely to continue doing so. Fortunately that included me.

We wore masks in the airports and on the aircraft when we flew from Boston to Cabo in February of this year. There were pockets of non-compliance, always in the U.S. We kept ours on despite being delayed by a day and a half due to bad weather in Dallas. We also followed the protocols in BCS, where we masked up and sanitized wherever we went.

Omicron variant or not, by spring of 2022 we hardly saw anyone wearing masks anywhere. This included my doctor's office in Hyannis, where I kept mine on. I don't wear a mask to local stores any more, but will comply with any signage in a store or an office.

All of this is to say that like most people I dislike masks, but have read some of the case studies and generally agree that use of a proper mask will reduce the spread of infection in public places, particularly indoors. I don't know what we will do when we fly to California in June. I've heard the variable enforcement of masking on aircraft described as "leaving 2 doors open in a submarine". I'm not convinced the most recent ruling to rescind mask mandates on public transportation will be successfully appealed, leaving the responsibility up to individuals. Fun times!

mtgoat666 - 4-26-2022 at 07:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
When my wife and I flew from Boston to Cabo (via Phoenix) in February 2020, there were a small handful of people wearing masks in the airports, and we snickered at them, wondering if they were trying to protect us or themselves. Ditto for when we returned to Cape Cod in the middle of the month, with some older residents masking up in grocery stores. As we all know the messaging out of the CDC initially downplayed the use of masks before doing an about face in March. Initially we wore them everywhere except in our house and in our neighborhood when walking the dog. This included trips to the grocery store, which now were every other week instead of weekly, and always on a weekday morning to ensure smaller crowds.

Massachusetts began to remove some restrictions in May 2021, but it wasn't until late summer that masks became optional. We wore them most of the time when we were in public, but did go out to restaurants 2 or 3 times last summer, as well as attending 2 concerts (one outdoor, one indoor). My workplace invited people back in August 2021, but encouraged those who could work remotely to continue doing so. Fortunately that included me.

We wore masks in the airports and on the aircraft when we flew from Boston to Cabo in February of this year. There were pockets of non-compliance, always in the U.S. We kept ours on despite being delayed by a day and a half due to bad weather in Dallas. We also followed the protocols in BCS, where we masked up and sanitized wherever we went.

Omicron variant or not, by spring of 2022 we hardly saw anyone wearing masks anywhere. This included my doctor's office in Hyannis, where I kept mine on. I don't wear a mask to local stores any more, but will comply with any signage in a store or an office.

All of this is to say that like most people I dislike masks, but have read some of the case studies and generally agree that use of a proper mask will reduce the spread of infection in public places, particularly indoors. I don't know what we will do when we fly to California in June. I've heard the variable enforcement of masking on aircraft described as "leaving 2 doors open in a submarine". I'm not convinced the most recent ruling to rescind mask mandates on public transportation will be successfully appealed, leaving the responsibility up to individuals. Fun times!

There are so many anti-mask sickos on planes! If they don’t have covid, they probably have cold, flu or TB. I strongly recommend you wear an N95.

BajaMama - 4-26-2022 at 08:47 AM

We flew to Maui April 17, masks required on the flight. On the island hopper and return home flight, no mask required. Some wore, some didn't. I'm just glad it shut the anti-maskers up and we didn't have to worry about an incident from someone attacking a flight attendant.

US 41 - 4-26-2022 at 06:38 PM

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/mexico-corona...

COVID appears to be "over" in Mexico. If other states besides B.C. haven't lifted their mask mandates yet, I'm sure the others won't be too far behind. This article was posted 4 hours ago, so I'm sure a lot of places just haven't made the announcement yet.

[Edited on 4-27-2022 by US 41]

Lee - 4-26-2022 at 08:19 PM

COVID is over?

You're keeping good company here with those who believe every damn thing the media spews out. Don't even have to read the BS link.

COVID is NOT over, doesn't matter what MX does. Between CA and CO, people are wearing masks esp inside.

Bet you believe in The Big Lie, too?

JZ - 4-26-2022 at 08:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
COVID is over?

You're keeping good company here with those who believe every damn thing the media spews out. Don't even have to read the BS link.

COVID is NOT over, doesn't matter what MX does. Between CA and CO, people are wearing masks esp inside.

The VP just tested positive today. She has no symptoms. The 96 year old Queen of England got Covid 2 months ago, and had mild cold-like symptoms. Less than 7,000 people under 30 in the US died "with Covid" in the last 2 years.

Covid is way over. Even Goat has given up on rooting for the virus.

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin' Lee. Fifteen minutes ago I booked 4 tickets to watch Rod Steward and Cheap Trick at the Santa Barbara Bowl in June. #AlwaysLivin'Life

[Edited on 4-27-2022 by JZ]

mtgoat666 - 4-26-2022 at 08:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
COVID is over?

The VP just tested positive today. She has no symptoms. The 96 year old Queen of England got Covid 2 months ago, and had mild cold-like symptoms. Less than 7,000 people under 30 in the US died "with Covid" in the last 2 years.

Covid is way over. Even Goat has given up on rooting for the virus.

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin' Lee. Fifteen minutes ago I booked 4 tickets to watch Rod Steward and Cheap Trick at the Santa Barbara Bowl in June. #AlwaysLivin'Life

Covid ain’t over. It will come back.

And when it does come back, the stupidity of the anti-covid people will result in higher death rate.

People that object to following accepted public health measures “because freedom” are just going to amp up the deaths.

In 2021 covid was the 3rd leading cause of death in usa…

JZ - 4-26-2022 at 09:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

In 2021 covid was the 3rd leading cause of death in usa…

In 2021 the #1 cause of death for people age 18 to 45 was Fentanyl.

Which is flowing freely across our wide open Southern border.

A pin head of fentanyl mixed with weed can cause death. But you don't give two sh#ts about any of that, why??

https://www.abc12.com/news/fentanyl-number-one-cause-of-deat...

surabi - 4-26-2022 at 10:02 PM

Covid is way over.

174,000 new cases worldwide in the past 24 hours and another 486 deaths, idjit.

JZ - 4-26-2022 at 10:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

174,000 new cases worldwide in the past 24 hours and another 486 deaths, idjit.

Oh no!, cases cases, cases.

How many of the 400 "world-wide" died with Covid, not because of Covid?

And let us know how many ppl WW died from jaywalking, please, so we can make a comparison.

(**Before you say it, I'm sure the term "jaywalking," is somehow misogynistic and / or racist. Just let us know the new appropriate term, ok?**)

gnukid - 4-27-2022 at 12:02 AM

https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/bcs-podria-dejar-de-tener-uso-obl...

BCS podría dejar de tener uso obligatorio de mascarillas, en espacios abiertos: Gobernador

El Gobernador de Baja California Sur buscará plantear que ya no sea obligatorio el uso de la mascarilla en espacios abiertos

US 41 - 4-27-2022 at 03:09 AM

COVID is over?

With all due respect, you might try to go learn how to read English before getting your triggered feelings hurt. Go read my original post again. I put the word "over" in quotation marks for a reason. COVID will probably never actually be over or at least for a really long time. The government trying to control it part is ending in most of the world.

I'm also an OTR truck driver. Literally no one wears masks anywhere anymore. I seriously doubt there's mask wearing going on all over between CO and CA. I was in Utah and Nevada in 2021, when masks were actually "required", and hardly anyone was actually wearing them. By the way you freaked out though I kind of doubt you get out much to actually know what's going on.

US 41 - 4-27-2022 at 03:29 AM

Actually I rarely visit this site or post anything because every thread seems to turn into some kind if pi**ing contest over Covid. What I find amazing is that anyone that acts half terrified of Covid would ever cross the southern border into Mexico. The state department highly discourages travel to Mexico and most major news sources don't recommend it either.

Bajaboy - 4-27-2022 at 05:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by US 41  
Actually I rarely visit this site or post anything because every thread seems to turn into some kind if pi**ing contest over Covid. What I find amazing is that anyone that acts half terrified of Covid would ever cross the southern border into Mexico. The state department highly discourages travel to Mexico and most major news sources don't recommend it either.

Masks are still required here and people wear them. And there were very cases here in our village.

SFandH - 4-27-2022 at 09:28 AM

I'm still staying away from crowds and certainly airplanes. There may be long-term health problems even with mild cases:

"The latest analysis found that people who had had COVID-19 were about 40% more likely to develop diabetes up to a year later...."

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00912-y

BajaMama - 4-27-2022 at 10:45 AM

There's a new Omicron variant on the move, covid is not over. We just returned from a conference in Hawaii, many attendees contracted covid there as very few were masking up. The good news is that deaths and hospitalizations are not increasing nationally with this variant.

Covid is just starting in China - their Zero Covid policy has kept herd immunity to a minimum and their vaccine is not greatly effective against Omicron. Not only that, according to WaPo and NYT, China did not do a good job vaccinating their elderly. What does this mean for us? Bogged supply chains for two more years minimum.

Don Pisto - 4-27-2022 at 11:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
I'm still staying away from crowds and certainly airplanes. There may be long-term health problems even with mild cases:

"The latest analysis found that people who had had COVID-19 were about 40% more likely to develop diabetes up to a year later...."

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00912-y

:( with mexico already having one of the highest prevalences of obesity and diabetes in the world this is just what they need....to heck with masks ban coca-cola and cheap pizza!

Alm - 4-27-2022 at 12:40 PM

COVID is NOT over, doesn't matter what MX does.

I read it. Poor quality source.
"The Mexican government said Tuesday that COVID-19 has passed from a pandemic to an endemic stage in Mexico, meaning authorities will treat it as a seasonally recurring disease."

There is no seasonal pattern, waves are coming in summer as often as they are in winter, see the graph below.

Though the reporter was not entirely dishonest:
"New case numbers have declined. But that may be because Mexico, which never did much testing, is now offering even fewer tests".

I understand the govt healthcare don't test unless you developed clinical symptoms.

[Edited on 4-27-2022 by Alm]

Alm - 4-27-2022 at 01:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
I'm still staying away from crowds and certainly airplanes. There may be long-term health problems even with mild cases

Nothing new about long term effects. In China they've been observing it since early 2020 - lung problems, kidneys and other.

Based on simulation models, the risk of infection on airplanes is alleviated by their effective air filtration and ventilation. As a result, passengers sitting next to one another is the same as standing 6-7 ft apart in a building. There are no real-world data of course.

mtgoat666 - 4-27-2022 at 01:32 PM

Based on simulation models, the risk of infection on airplanes is alleviated by their effective air filtration and ventilation. As a result, passengers sitting next to one another is the same as standing 6-7 ft apart in a building.

You guys are silly knuckleheads to read and repeat such obvious nonsense.

pacificobob - 4-27-2022 at 02:16 PM

Nonsense indeed. I am familiar with HVAC and cabin pressurization systems transport category aircraft.
I can assure you that it is indeed nonsense.

JZ - 4-27-2022 at 02:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
Nonsense indeed. I am familiar with HVAC and cabin pressurization systems transport category aircraft.

A Harvard study says you are incorrect.

JDCanuck - 4-27-2022 at 04:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/bcs-podria-dejar-de-tener-uso-obl...

BCS podría dejar de tener uso obligatorio de mascarillas, en espacios abiertos: Gobernador

El Gobernador de Baja California Sur buscará plantear que ya no sea obligatorio el uso de la mascarilla en espacios abiertos

Gnukid: So they are still required in both open and closed spaces in La Paz?

My translator states they are only considering relaxing the present mask requirements. As I am flying into La Paz this next week, would be good to know in advance what the mask requirements are at present.

gnukid - 4-27-2022 at 04:39 PM

In La Paz it's up to individual establishments, no restaurants require masks that I have found now, nor outside anywhere, but, in large big box stores and some smaller stores they still request you to wear masks, outside of La Paz in pueblos there are no masks generally required anywhere for customers but still some people will wear them while working as policy or habit.

Covid is no longer a pandemic in Baja nor anywhere in Mexico nor in USA by declaration of gov health department, it is declared endemic.

No masks are required on planes and in general not in any transportation, uber or taxi, but, some individuals will request it.

I know of no one who is sick now with covid, nor anyone who feels there is a risk at this point, for anyone except those who are still suffering adverse affects associated to preexisting co-morbiditiies which resulted in severe adverse affects, Bells Palsy, Guilane Bare Syndrome, Paralysis, Strokes, Blood Clots, Perioditis, etc. Many people were injured, hospitalized, bedridden at home, apparently from severe adverse reactions to the jabs. The focus now is on healthy diet, vitamins, fresh air, cutting down on sugar, carbohydrates, etc. recuperating those who are injured.

Businesses are open, restaurants, tours, events, always bring masks just in case it is requested you have one to pass an entrance.

Hindsight is 20/20-mindset is quite different now.

CDC coding error led to overcount of 72,000 Covid deaths
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/24/cdc-coding-err...

"A total of 72,277 deaths in all age groups reported across 26 states were removed from the tracker “because CDC’s algorithm was accidentally counting deaths that were not Covid-19-related”, Jasmine Reed, a spokesperson for the agency, told the Guardian."

[Edited on 4-28-2022 by gnukid]

JDCanuck - 4-27-2022 at 05:17 PM

Thanks Gnukid: Similar to what was existing in Oct when i flew out last then. I noticed few of the locals wore masks then when outside as well, while SOME stores required them along with temperature checks and sanitizer use on entry. Others did not, so was hard to get the actual gov't requirements.

caj13 - 4-28-2022 at 08:37 AM

A Harvard study says you are incorrect.

and did that Harvard study include airflow in the jetways where you all pack in and stand in line waiting for some amateur traveler to try and jam in their oversized luggage into the overhead - while blocking the aisle ? and when exactly do they turn this filtration system on in the plane ? when its loading? and I'm sure the Harvard guys thought to study the airflow in the airport terminals as well - right?

JZ - 4-28-2022 at 08:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

and did that Harvard study include airflow in the jetways where you all pack in and stand in line waiting for some amateur traveler to try and jam in their oversized luggage into the overhead - while blocking the aisle ? and when exactly do they turn this filtration system on in the plane ? when its loading? and I'm sure the Harvard guys thought to study the airflow in the airport terminals as well - right?

Not sure you have flown lately? 95% of people working on the plane don't wear masks today. They aren't very concerned.

Plus remind us of the many outbreaks from planes from the hundreds of thousands of flights in the US over the last two years? It is estimated that up to 500,000 people are up in the air at any given time around the world.

I swear, you ppl just want to root for the virus and fear monger. Don't fly if you don't want to, stay in the basement!

Alm - 4-28-2022 at 10:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

There were several such studies, not just Harward. Most of them didn't include the period when people were standing while waiting to be seated, with air flow off. Some mentioned that this period carries the highest risk - because they are standing so close to each other, and there is no forced airflow, only tiny open door.

Now, how could the fact that most people are not wearing masks on the plane and are not concerned mean that there is no danger, is beyond me. Most people don't use their brains much, this would be more logical explanation.

Alm - 4-28-2022 at 10:27 AM

Based on simulation models, the risk of infection on airplanes is alleviated by their effective air filtration and ventilation. As a result, passengers sitting next to one another is the same as standing 6-7 ft apart in a building.

You guys are silly knuckleheads to read and repeat such obvious nonsense.

To respond in kind, I should've said that "you guy" can't read before repeating :). Alright, consider that I haven't. There was a line immediately after the quoted text - there is no real-world data.

msteve1014 - 4-28-2022 at 11:41 AM

[/rquote]

Plus remind us of the many outbreaks from planes from the hundreds of thousands of flights in the US over the last two years? It is estimated that up to 500,000 people are up in the air at any given time around the world.

[/rquote] Tell us how you think the virus got to the USA. On a slow boat from China, or an airplane packed with people?

JZ - 4-28-2022 at 02:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by msteve1014  

Tell us how you think the virus got to the USA. On a slow boat from China, or an airplane packed with people?

The comment was about spread happening on planes, not about planes transporting ppl with Covid. The latter obviously happened.

The former too, as there have been some reported instances. But only to a very small degree given the huge volume of traffic carried.

The bottom line is studies say and the empirical evidence shows the the filtration systems of planes makes a major difference in reducing the potential for spread.

[Edited on 4-28-2022 by JZ]

Bajaboy - 4-28-2022 at 03:13 PM

Tell us how you think the virus got to the USA. On a slow boat from China, or an airplane packed with people?

The bottom line is studies say and the empirical evidence shows the the filtration systems of planes makes a major difference in reducing the potential for spread.

[Edited on 4-28-2022 by JZ]

Aren't masks like a filtration system:light:

gnukid - 4-28-2022 at 04:30 PM

The comment was about spread happening on planes, not about planes transporting ppl with Covid. The latter obviously happened.

The former too, as there have been some reported instances. But only to a very small degree given the huge volume of traffic carried.

How did virus always travel???? on Airplanes for millions of years? No. Viral expression is excretion of proteins from cells, that are non-living, incapable or regeneration, dead protein expression.

So, if common colds and "viral" flus are expression from your cells made from your body and not living nor reproducible, what is it?

pacificobob - 4-28-2022 at 04:53 PM

Everyone who has studied and been test by the FAA on transport category aircraft pressurization and air conditioning systems raise your hands.

Ya, thought so.

I have. Claims about the reality of being in a large pipe with several hundred people
being a relatively safe in regard to disease exposure are laughable.

[Edited on 4-28-2022 by pacificobob]

JZ - 4-28-2022 at 05:39 PM

Everyone who has studied and been test by the FAA on transport category aircraft pressurization and air conditioning systems raise your hands.

Ya, thought so.

I have. Claims about the reality of being in a large pipe with several hundred people
being a relatively safe in regard to disease exposure are laughable.

Yeah, we'll believe you over actual studies by industry experts?

But beyond that, if what you said was in fact true, we'd have Covid out breaks tied to airplanes being discussed on the news nightly, instead of the relatively few documented cases (one where the filtration system was down for 30 mins during refueling).

Alm - 4-28-2022 at 08:50 PM

Covid is no longer a pandemic in Baja nor anywhere in Mexico nor in USA by declaration of gov health department, it is declared endemic.

Like the virus is reading these declarations.

The latest piece by the US health officials was actually this:
"We’re still experiencing a pandemic globally, but we’re out of the full-blown explosive pandemic phase in the U.S. We’re really in a transitional phase, from a declaration of the numbers into hopefully a more controlled phase and endemicity". Read yesterday's Wash-Post.

China was in the endemic phase for most of those 2 years. Very low number of cases and deaths per capita, compared to other countries. Now they have a lockdown after lockdown.

[Edited on 4-29-2022 by Alm]

gnukid - 4-29-2022 at 01:03 AM

These are public statements by government health representatives, This is not my opinion, sharing these public statements does not mean I agree or disagree, or that they will or won't change their public stance on a day to day basis as they have throughout this, simply put, public health officials declared this week there is no pandemic threat or risk from flu like illness.

Mexico says coronavirus now endemic, not pandemic
https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/mexico-corona...

Mexico says coronavirus now endemic, not pandemic
https://apnews.com/article/covid-health-mexico-caribbean-pan...

Medical experts say COVID is entering 'endemic' phase
https://wnyt.com/capital-region-comeback/medical-experts-say...

America’s Pandemic Phase Is Over: Fauci
https://khn.org/morning-breakout/americas-pandemic-phase-is-...

Fauci: US is 'certainly' out of the 'pandemic phase'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fauci-us-is-certainly-out-o...

Furthermore, New England Medical Journal questions Pandemic Policy and Safety of Covid Injections - Covid-19 Boosters — Where from Here?
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2203329

[Edited on 4-29-2022 by gnukid]

JZ - 4-29-2022 at 09:41 AM

China was in the endemic phase for most of those 2 years. Very low number of cases and deaths per capita, compared to other countries. Now they have a lockdown after lockdown.

China absolutely never hit the endemic phase. Unlike China, nearly 60% of Americans have Covid anti-bodies which has helped us move to the endemic phase.

China has an idiotic zero-Covid policy. Watch some of the videos on YouTube, they are brutalizing their population. Omicron is much more contagious and they are struggling with it majorly and likely will have issues for a long time to come if they continue to follow this policy.

It has become political more than anything for China. From the WSJ: "Mr. Xi has unambiguously hitched his personal legacy to the successful preservation of the zero-Covid policy."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/xi-jinping-is-betting-it-all-on...

[Edited on 4-29-2022 by JZ]

Glidergeek - 4-30-2022 at 09:13 AM

Got tested Wednesday, still sporting Antibodies and proud of it. :bounce:
These aren't from a vax either.

Alm - 4-30-2022 at 10:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Glidergeek  
Got tested Wednesday, still sporting Antibodies and proud of it.

Those infected before Omicron have low immunity to Omicron, regardless of antibodies. Those infected with Omicron have good immunity to Omicron. Hard to tell for how long but it won't matter when another variant comes - that you won't have immunity against. If past experience is any indication it will likely come before your current immunity wears out.

[Edited on 4-30-2022 by Alm]

Lee - 4-30-2022 at 05:42 PM

Lockdowns, masks, isolation, and worse experimental injections have no evidence of efficacy to reduce infection, nor transmission of the theoretical SARS 2 virus, yet, it is demonstrable that those responses caused more harm, as well as increased suicides, drug abuse, economic harm and mental illness.
[Edited on 4-30-2022 by gnukid]

Don't you get tired of posting misinformation? Increased suicides, drug abuse, mental illness caused by masks.

Psycho babble.

gnukid - 5-1-2022 at 01:49 AM

Lee, The impacts of COVID isolation, reduced facial interaction, increased fear, led to increase in psychological disorders and suicide.

It's understandable that some people are unaware.

The dual pandemic’ of suicide and COVID-19: A biopsychosocial narrative of risks and prevention
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7672361/

The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on suicide rates
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32539153/

CDC: Teen Suicide Attempts Surged During COVID Lockdown
https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-teen-suicide-attempts-surged-1508...

[Edited on 5-1-2022 by gnukid]

gnukid - 5-1-2022 at 03:09 AM

Vaccination for COVID Paused

COVID-19: Denmark suspends COVID vaccination programme with health chiefs saying virus under control
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-denmark-suspends-covid-v...

California pauses plans to require COVID-19 vaccinations for schoolchildren
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-04-14/californ...

Essential California Week in Review: Newsom hits pause on school vaccine mandate
https://www.latimes.com/california/newsletter/2022-04-16/ess...

Exports of an Indian COVID-19 vaccine halted after WHO finds problems at manufacturing plant
https://www.science.org/content/article/exports-indian-covid...

Covid vaccine pause is blow to Oxford Biomedica
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/oxford-biomedica-faces-lo...

Johnson & Johnson suspends COVID-19 vaccine sales forecast
https://nypost.com/2022/04/19/johnson-johnson-suspends-covid...

Thousands of public servants avoid new vaccine mandates amid policy pause
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/thousan...

BajaMama - 5-1-2022 at 07:52 AM

PCR is still the gold standard for detecting covid. That's why you are required to get a PCR test 72 hours or less prior to any surgical procedure. The rapid tests only report if you have an active infection, not if you are incubating it.

China has two years if they get on board with stopping their "zero covid" policy. Their economy is going to affect the supply chain for for a long time because their people do not have herd immunity. Historically, it takes two years for a pandemic disease to sweep through a population and become endemic. I predicted we would be endemic by March 2022 and most of the world is, the US most certainly is with 60% of us already infected and a large % vaccinated. People are still getting covid BUT THEY ARE NOT BEING HOSPITALIZED AND DYING like they were when it started, which was the only criteria that led to social distancing and lockdowns in the first place. Like with the (Spanish) flu, there will be variants every year, some will die from it, but not at pandemic levels. Praise the lord and pass the biscuits, I have lots of travel planned!

Glidergeek - 5-1-2022 at 08:55 AM

"Those infected before Omicron have low immunity to Omicron, regardless of antibodies. Those infected with Omicron have good immunity to Omicron. Hard to tell for how long but it won't matter when another variant comes - that you won't have immunity against. If past experience is any indication it will likely come before your current immunity wears out."

I was originally infected July 2020 carried antibodies thru June of 2021. Antibodies reappeared October 2021 people all around me even though vaxed are getting it even though there is a mix of vaxed and un vaxsd people I have daily exposure to.

So DR. how do you know what strain my antibodies have been derived from?

JZ - 5-1-2022 at 02:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
PCR is still the gold standard for detecting covid. That's why you are required to get a PCR test 72 hours or less prior to any surgical procedure. The rapid tests only report if you have an active infection, not if you are incubating it.

China has two years if they get on board with stopping their "zero covid" policy. Their economy is going to affect the supply chain for for a long time because their people do not have herd immunity. Historically, it takes two years for a pandemic disease to sweep through a population and become endemic. I predicted we would be endemic by March 2022 and most of the world is, the US most certainly is with 60% of us already infected and a large % vaccinated. People are still getting covid BUT THEY ARE NOT BEING HOSPITALIZED AND DYING like they were when it started, which was the only criteria that led to social distancing and lockdowns in the first place. Like with the (Spanish) flu, there will be variants every year, some will die from it, but not at pandemic levels. Praise the lord and pass the biscuits, I have lots of travel planned!

Good post.

BajaMama - 5-2-2022 at 07:08 AM

[/rquote]

Not a doc here but there was an interesting article in the NYT or WaPo the other day regarding t-cells and how in some people they enter through a back-door of a virus to fight infection. The article centered on people who have been exposed but don't get sick (no infection or asymptomatic) and how those t-cells are effective against different variants of a virus (colds, flu, who knows, maybe even covid). I'm hoping I'm one of those, I don't get sick from flu or colds just a little bit icky then it goes away next day. My hubby tested positive last Wednesday, I was exposed close range and he is still testing positive. This morning was my first positive (maybe, the line was barely detectible after 30 minutes....). Felt crappy last night but okay this morning. Fingers crossed, one can only hope....I do not want to end up in a hospital.

JZ - 5-2-2022 at 08:47 AM

[/rquote]

Not a doc here but there was an interesting article in the NYT or WaPo the other day regarding t-cells and how in some people they enter through a back-door of a virus to fight infection. The article centered on people who have been exposed but don't get sick (no infection or asymptomatic) and how those t-cells are effective against different variants of a virus (colds, flu, who knows, maybe even covid). I'm hoping I'm one of those, I don't get sick from flu or colds just a little bit icky then it goes away next day. My hubby tested positive last Wednesday, I was exposed close range and he is still testing positive. This morning was my first positive (maybe, the line was barely detectible after 30 minutes....). Felt crappy last night but okay this morning. Fingers crossed, one can only hope....I do not want to end up in a hospital.

Hope you stay well.

Don Pisto - 5-2-2022 at 12:26 PM

well its been a week and at least 90% are still opting for the mask, at least in the rosarito area.

bajafreaks - 5-3-2022 at 04:52 PM

Just flew back to the states yesterday.
Cabo airport still requiring neg covid test and MASKS !!!

pauldavidmena - 5-5-2022 at 02:58 PM

Today's Gringo Gazette reports that Cabo is eliminating the requirement for masks in outdoor spaces. They are still required in most indoor settings.

mtgoat666 - 5-5-2022 at 03:05 PM

Today's Gringo Gazette reports that Cabo is eliminating the requirement for masks in outdoor spaces. They are still required in most indoor settings.

????
that picture does not look like mexico, and appears to be something about Octoberfest (and logo on beer mug is Hofbrau beer).. why octoberfest pic for baja in may?

happy cinco de drinko!

[Edited on 5-5-2022 by mtgoat666]

pauldavidmena - 5-5-2022 at 06:12 PM

????
that picture does not look like mexico, and appears to be something about Octoberfest (and logo on beer mug is Hofbrau beer).. why octoberfest pic for baja in may?

happy cinco de drinko!

[Edited on 5-5-2022 by mtgoat666]

Are you implying that the Gringo Gazette is not a pillar of journalistic excellence? 😂

JDCanuck - 5-5-2022 at 10:33 PM

[/rquote]

Pretty sure you will be fine. Latest info indicates a very very low number of people that don't have other health issues get any worse than cold like conditions after testing positive with Omicron. I am a supporter of T-cell protection being so powerful that many children don't even test positive. T-cell presence declines drastically with age . Happened in our family...rapid tests came back negative in the youngest 3 times running. I myself have been exposed multiple times and the worse I've had is sniffles.

JDCanuck - 5-5-2022 at 10:35 PM

On the mask issue...once I got out of La Paz airport, no one i ran into was wearing a mask except the taxi driver who informed me I was welcome to wear one if I felt at risk, but otherwise not to bother.
Since heading to the rural ares...not one mask n site.

gnukid - 5-5-2022 at 11:30 PM

BCS declares no semaforo risk, 100% operation of capacity and activities with no masks required in any open space.

https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/ya-no-habra-semaforo-covid-elimin...

Alm - 5-6-2022 at 04:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajafreaks  
Just flew back to the states yesterday.
Cabo airport still requiring neg covid test and MASKS !!!

It's the US CDC that requires negative test for air arrivals, not the Cabo airport. Airlines destined for the US will ask for test results before boarding.

Alm - 5-6-2022 at 04:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Glidergeek  
"Those infected before Omicron have low immunity to Omicron, regardless of antibodies. Those infected with Omicron have good immunity to Omicron. Hard to tell for how long but it won't matter when another variant comes - that you won't have immunity against. If past experience is any indication it will likely come before your current immunity wears out."

I was originally infected July 2020 carried antibodies thru June of 2021. Antibodies reappeared October 2021 people all around me even though vaxed are getting it

In 2020 you were infected with an ancestor variant - alfa or whatever it was. Antibodies triggered by ancestor variant TAD work against later variants as long as you have enough antibodies. They don't program your cells to recognize a new variant so that these cells would start producing antibodies again when you're infected. Antibodies that reappeared in October 2021 in people around you have nothing to do with you.

Alm - 5-6-2022 at 05:10 PM

People are still getting covid (in 2022) BUT THEY ARE NOT BEING HOSPITALIZED AND DYING like they were when it started

Depends on the perspective.

In the US there are fewer hospitalizations now than during the 1st wave in July 2020 when it peaked @160 souls per million. Now there are 40 per million.

In the UK they have same number of hospitalizations now as they did at the peak of the 1st wave in 2020.

Korea posted several times more deaths lately than during the 1st wave.

In Mexico - I don't even know. Change of colors of their red-yellow-green "semaforo" has little relation to the epidemic.

[Edited on 5-7-2022 by Alm]

JZ - 5-6-2022 at 05:46 PM

BCS declares no semaforo risk, 100% operation of capacity and activities with no masks required in any open space.

This is fantastic news. Let's all celebrate.

mtgoat666 - 5-6-2022 at 08:21 PM

Why celebrate? It is such a minor inconvenience to wear a mask. 6M+ people have died. I find it quite easy to practice basic public health measures to save lives… while selfish people complain about the inconsequential efforts of practicing basic hygiene.
Boggles my mind how you selfish people throw tantrums over such little things!

pacificobob - 5-7-2022 at 06:44 AM

Why celebrate? It is such a minor inconvenience to wear a mask. 6M+ people have died. I find it quite easy to practice basic public health measures to save lives… while selfish people complain about the inconsequential efforts of practicing basic hygiene.
Boggles my mind how you selfish people throw tantrums over such little things!

It's a piece of cloth on a face. An odd cause to be upset about.

caj13 - 5-7-2022 at 11:47 AM

Funny thing about Scientific Research JZ - the knowledge accumulates, and our understanding deepens and broadens - so sometimes "recomendations change". Of course you know you are posting a link from July of 2020 - but you know that! You also know that the science backs up the wearing of masks. And the overwhelming data support their effectiveness when mandated. The data doesn't lie JZ. Lets quit insulting people by trying to Gaslight them and cherry pick old opinion video from a right wing website and pretend it nullifies the science!

I get it - you don't like masks. I get it, its a political statement - but don't sit here and throw out bogus BS and pretend its science -
you know better!

I'm sorry the science doesn't agree with your MAGA talking points - Thats not sciences fault -

It's to bad you refuse to objectively look at science and data and use it to inform and educate yourself!

Lee - 5-7-2022 at 12:23 PM

Fauci isn't THE authority. Doctors are sometimes wrong. NIH and CDC included.

Anyone remember the vid of the MD, think it was the mid-west, who said the vax would cause your head/brain to become magnetized? And she holds a spoon up to her face and it sticks.

Many at that meeting believed what they were seeing and that she was right -- and a doctor!

I don't wear a mask unless I have to -- like a store requires it. Don't care who wears one or not. Short of a mandate, it's a personal thing, isn't it?

The Trolls on this forum repeat the same lies and misinformation that they've been saying for 2 years. I'd have respect if they acknowledged they were just trolling, and liked stirring the pot.

I'd have NO respect for those (JZ, gnuPaul) if these trolls really believed what they were writing. Just my opinion.

gnukid - 5-7-2022 at 04:34 PM

It's time to focus on personal health, detoxifying, ensuring 90 essential vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, each person is different, focus on personal diet, supplements, exercise, fresh air, sunshine, and social interaction to create a full and enjoyable life.

gnukid - 5-7-2022 at 04:40 PM

Know the source - be sure it is fresh and low in toxins

Supplement vitamin B complex, C, D, E, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc.

Diet: Eat fresh local fruits and vegetables, meat and fish or vegetable proteins, reduce refined sugars, carbohydrates, corn products.

Alm - 5-7-2022 at 05:57 PM

Their reasons against wearing masks in that video:

1) People think they are safe (under masks) and become complacent, don't keep distance, talking loudly while standing close to each other.
2) Surgical masks don't protect you from others because they leak around the edges.
3) N95 should be fitted properly or it won't protect as it should, and you shouldn't touch it frequently.

Let's see...
1) Alright, put a sticker on it - "don't wear it if you're that stupid".
2) Surgicals still protect others from you.
3) Yes, fit your N95, this is what the nose clip is for, duh. About getting infected by touching - this is outdated. Virus is transmitted through aerosol droplets in the air, there is very little risk to get infected through surfaces.

What a joke...

[Edited on 5-8-2022 by Alm]

mtgoat666 - 5-7-2022 at 10:39 PM

It's time to focus on personal health, detoxifying,…

Paul,
So how do you “detoxify?”

:lol:

gnukid - 5-8-2022 at 02:32 AM

The body is constantly processing, requiring nutrients and reproducing cells and RNA and must express dying cellular waste and excrete garbage.

There are many studies that show that these vitamins block "covid" regardless of whether the source is a natural viral contagion, environmental toxin or lab created bioweapon.

Vitamin D and COVID-19: Role of ACE2, age, gender, and ethnicity
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33990955/

Zinc, Vitamin D and Vitamin C: Perspectives for COVID-19 With a Focus on Physical Tissue Barrier Integrity
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7750357/

Studies suggest 4 vitamins to lower risk of severe cases of COVID-19
https://www.fox26houston.com/news/studies-suggest-4-vitamins...

Nutritional risk of vitamin D, vitamin C, zinc, and selenium deficiency on risk and clinical outcomes of COVID-19: A narrative review
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8571905/

A brief review of interplay between vitamin D and angiotensin‐converting enzyme 2: Implications for a potential treatment for COVID‐19
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7362103/

Suramin Inhibits SARS-CoV-2 Infection in Cell Culture by Interfering with Early Steps of the Replication Cycle
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32513797/

Blood omega-3 fatty acids and death from COVID-19: A pilot study
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7816864/

Curcumin as a Potential Treatment for COVID-19
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8138567/

Drinking sufficient clean water is excellent for your body to function, for me that's about 4 liters a day, coffee, and fresh fruit juice, along with fresh air, early morning sunshine, and exercise, in addition to eating fresh healthy food, grown in a home garden, such as broccoli, bananas, sufficient protein, plus vitamin supplements, not everyday, but often, which support your body and organs to function properly, as well as can signal to your body you have sufficient nutrients and the body will more readily express garbage, in particular, vitamins B, C, D, omega 3, magnesium, selenium, potassium, Zinc, and NAC in a form that your body can easily process, such as water soluble.

IMG_0913 (1).jpeg - 158kB

[Edited on 5-8-2022 by gnukid]

Alm - 5-8-2022 at 04:10 PM

It's time to focus on personal health, detoxifying,…

Paul,
So how do you “detoxify?”

:lol:

Working with mentally sick I've been taught to not engage or encourage them. Even when they are saying something that makes sense or sounds interesting. A few fragments of useful info are not worth the stress and time lost in attempts of sorting those fragments out the endless stream of nonsense. Just let them be, there are other/better sources.

pacificobob - 5-9-2022 at 05:29 AM

Good council Alm

gnukid - 5-10-2022 at 01:38 AM

Read

A nicotinic hypothesis for Covid-19 with preventive and therapeutic implications

https://comptes-rendus.academie-sciences.fr/biologies/item/C...

Phospholipase enzymes as potential biomarker for SARS CoV-2 virus

http://www.ijsrp.org/research-paper-0121/ijsrp-p10919.pdf

"While both men and women have the same prevalence to SARS CoV-2 without any gender discrimination, men is more susceptible to face more complications and death [55]. Study [49] was evidenced the inverse correlation of sPLA2 activity with vitamin c concentration in covid 19 patients. Interestingly the vitamin C concentration in plasma is lower in males than females [49]. It also links with the severity of covid 19 in males with the correlation of increasing sPLA2 activity and the decrease in vitamin C content."

pacificobob - 5-10-2022 at 04:07 PM

I've little doubt gnu guy is healthier than the rest of put together. Likely immortal.

gnukid - 5-10-2022 at 04:51 PM

I'm in the struggle for health same as everyone, Mexico is awesome, which is why I'm sharing ideas to survive

[Edited on 5-11-2022 by gnukid]

gnukid - 5-10-2022 at 06:28 PM

Interesting articles about the source and cause of covid illness and how to treat it

A nicotinic hypothesis for Covid-19 with preventive and therapeutic implications

Be well: A potential role for vitamin B in COVID-19
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7428453/

“Snake Pneumonia” – Coronavirus Outbreak in China Traced to Snakes by Genetic Analysis
https://scitechdaily.com/snake-pneumonia-coronavirus-outbrea...

University of Arizona researchers find link between COVID deaths and snake venom
https://www.abc15.com/news/coronavirus/university-of-arizona...

Snakes could be the source of the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/22/health/snakes-wuhan-coron...

Toxin-like peptides in plasma, urine and faecal samples from COVID-19 patients
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8772524/

Bajaboy - 5-10-2022 at 06:37 PM

Interesting articles about the source and cause of covid illness and how to treat it

Be well: A potential role for vitamin B in COVID-19
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7428453/

“Snake Pneumonia” – Coronavirus Outbreak in China Traced to Snakes by Genetic Analysis
https://scitechdaily.com/snake-pneumonia-coronavirus-outbrea...

University of Arizona researchers find link between COVID deaths and snake venom
https://www.abc15.com/news/coronavirus/university-of-arizona...

Snakes could be the source of the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/22/health/snakes-wuhan-coron...

Toxin-like peptides in plasma, urine and faecal samples from COVID-19 patients
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8772524/

Dr. Gnukid...Do you have a life?:light:

Skipjack Joe - 5-11-2022 at 09:33 AM

I've little doubt gnu guy is healthier than the rest of put together. Likely immortal.

He's a god ... come down from Olympus to save us ... from impurities.