BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: EcoMundo? Lodging around Concepcion?
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 08:03 AM

I agree with B'gato - EcoMundo is no place for someone with a bad back to call home, even for a few days. It is however a wonderful location, a nice place to relax with a cerveza or soda.

This is EcoMundo's main building.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 11:04 AM

Wow great info! How far is Playa Buenaventura from EcoMundo, do you think? I have only been to Concepcion once 10 years ago and I dont really remember it.

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 11:11 AM

Hey, Bajagato. The picture on the EcoMundo website for the honeymoon palapas shows a bed with bedding....Do you think they've improved since you were there?

http://www.ecomundobaja.com/page4.html

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
Bajagato
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 11:22 AM

well marla, they told us it was the honeymoon palapa when we reserved it, and there was no mattress of any sort. Maybe you can email them and ask them about the sleeping accomodations. I looked at that link and that may have been the same palapa we had. However there was NO bedding, and no mattress. I would assume they have remedied the situation, we asked for our money back since we had to high tale it to Mulege before dark to get another place to stay. The setting is wonderful, I just was not impressed by the "honeymoon" palapa (which had been advertised to us as WITH a bed) or the management.
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 11:25 AM

New younger couple took over in April, so I'm sure there are going to be some new young ideas. Meet them and they seem full of energy and pleasant to talk too.
losfrailes
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good!

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 05:57 PM

On the bay just south of Santispac and just before Posada is a wonderful bed and breakfast called Casa De Los Suenos.
They have kayaks and you can kayak right up to the hot springs. Plus ambience you cannot beat.
The chef is superb, the accomodations excellent, and the hospitality shines.
Jerry and Eileen Evanshen, are the owners/hosts and outdo themselves for guests.
Check out their place right here.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/casamex/

Really has it all!!!

Oh, By the way, here is their phone number:

011-52-615-155-4087

Its a cellular and will sometimes not be available, but be patient. They will answer!

[Edited on 10-6-2005 by losfrailes]
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 06:16 PM

This is a nice place...you won't be disappointed...

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 07:01 PM

another option is Los Naranjos,several miles north of Santaspac. They have nice bunglows for $20 a night, each one has 2 double beds ,toilet, cold showers, hot plate & fans. You could rent kayaks at Ray's on Santaspac. I believe I have seen kayaks with back rests at Ecomundo. There has been a change in ownership? ( lot of rumors down here) They used to have a website.
You are going to have a wonderful vacation, Baja is a beautful & interesting place. I have been going there for40 years, not the same but still great.
Baja13
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 11:56 PM

I'd stick to Bahia Concepcion because of your large group and novice kayakers. The area near Santispac and Ecomundo is great to launch from because there are islands at various distances offshore to paddle to for the different skill levels in the group. There's less wind at this end of the bay too.

Buenaventura is more exposed to wind and there's not as much to see along the shore for those with less endurance who won't be traveling far.

Even with backrests, sit-on-top kayaks aren't comfortable for very long if you have back problems. The key is to have options for those who can only tolerate short trips.

It doesn't sound like you guys will have the racks etc to haul kayaks around. I think I'd try the place Bob and Susan mentioned if you want to stay on the beach. Then go to Ecomundo and rent the kayaks daily. You could paddle back from Ecomundo to Naranjo but we rented kayaks for my 62 y.o. Mom and young niece a few years back, and the paddle from Ecomundo out to Naranjo was just about the limit for these 1st timers.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-6-2005 at 05:43 AM

I think this trip Susan and the girls want to kayak across the bay to the other side and see that old house site that Sharksbaja went last year.

They will be looking for the freshwater spring.

They are bringing 3 kayaks this trip....

I'll drive the boat across if they get in trouble....it has a motor:lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2005 at 01:10 PM

Thanks for all the expert advice!!! The only problem with this trip is it is not until MARCH. I might have to make a midterm trip down there too I think.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.