Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: El Rosario Town Map #1,2, & 3 added
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-2-2005 at 06:38 PM

Hello Swatez,
Today is Nov. 2, and it is a bit after 5:30 pm, PST... Welcome to Nomad! Just read away here and get a feel for the Baja love going on... I recommend you go to the Baja Trip Reports forum, here on Nomad and read of the trips many have taken to Baja and reported back... Tell us why you love Baja and what is some of your favorite places, people or activities...

'David K' and 'Baja Angel' at Mision Santo Domingo recently...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BahaBob

[*] posted on 11-2-2005 at 10:24 PM
Bakery

So where is the Panaderia? I don't know the name but it appears to be just before 11. I never miss stopping at it on my way south. Great cookies and bread.
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 11-2-2005 at 11:06 PM
Just left...

Nice start of ER town info, handy for many of us...wish I'd seen it earlier this month...

On our way back north we stayed at Baja Cactus again, on Halloween night...lucky for us, room #103 was available (more quiet than most)! We ate an early dinner at La Bocana and enjoyed the arrival of several 'spooky' ninos and ninas in costume and asking for goodies! We were warned that there were some 'teens' roaming around town with rotten eggs, looking for targets...we were spared.

BTW, on the way south, on Oct 6th, we called ahead Several days to Antonio of Baja Cactus for a room - which he was able to honor, but he was full up that night! A quick call to Them might be a good idea during the 'winter' gringo season, to assure you'll get a room.

We've just arrived back home in Stockton to some chilly weather - BIG change from the hi 80's we've been used to down on Bahia Concepcion...

We stayed last night at Los Pelicanos in Rosarito...nice rooms, and a great dinner there also! They are not very busy there yet, and we had the run of the place...Mele, the manager is a great host and treated us great...I had the Quail (2) and Steak (filet Mignon) - delicious, and cooked over a mesquite fired BBQ...we had a quick breakfast there this morning, great Coffee!

After filling up the old Bronco in TJ (NP 6.14/Liter - new price for Nov), we approached the border at 9:55AM - crossing through at 10:30AM...then a 9 hr drive back home...ugh! The best gas price we found up Hwy 99 was $2.499, just south of Fresno.

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2005 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexray
We've just arrived back home in Stockton to some chilly weather - BIG change from the hi 80's we've been used to down on Bahia Concepcion...

Hey Ray, did you spend some time at palapa #8? How was it? Sure seems like a great place to get away from things.
Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
TomS

[*] posted on 11-3-2005 at 01:11 PM
El Rosario Propane

Thanks David

The map is great. I hope the small Propane filling station is still somewhere between 8 and 13?
Markitos21
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2005 at 07:41 PM

Thanks David !!
And I have to tell you guys, Hotdog stand # 26 is the best in BAJA !!!!
The lady there is soo sweet and loves to watch as you devoure them up!
I dont think it's just me either my friends munch them down like candy too.
David are you going to brake down the rest of the area also?
Im still looking for some where to call my own near there.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2005 at 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TomS
Thanks David

The map is great. I hope the small Propane filling station is still somewhere between 8 and 13?

I think it is before 8..... Sorry about missing that, also the panaderia (Baha Bob mentioned) will get added as well! Thanks for the input... I am sharing this rough draft map just for the great input from my fellow Nomads!

I suspect it will take a few more visits to get it all done... this is just 1/3 of the town (the part along Mex. 1). There is still the part to the right of the sharp turn, and El Rosario Abajo, across the river.

I used the satellite images to correcrtly plot the highway in relation to the businesses, then with copies of the extreme close up images, Baja Angel and I drove along and stopped many times to note the business.

So, this map is to scale... A close up of the denser part near the curve as suggested by Baja Lera, with the names instead of the numbers and legend is a good idea.

Thanks again, and stay tuned!:light:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2005 at 03:29 PM
Version #2

Quote:
Originally posted by TomS
Thanks David

TomS and BahaBob, here is the next edition and the bakery and propane distributor have been added...

[Edited on 2-2-2006 by David K]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2006 at 06:18 PM

Okay, here is version 3...

The next step would be to replace my sloppy hand written words and numbers with printed ones! :lol:

Anyway, until that happens use this... As Nomad requires under 50 kbs, the image is not real clear... email me for a higher resolution version, if you wish! email: info AT vivabaja.com

[Edited on 2-2-2006 by David K]

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.