BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Wow! Minnow Where'd You Go?
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 09:36 PM
the last word

You guys are like my kids, everyone has to have the last word.... always.
And I ain't got no dog in this fight......

Baja Vida!!
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 09:41 PM
E-mails

For everybody's information, DK never wrote me an e-mail RE this tantrum. Jeans called me at home to ask if I had seen the posts. I told her I was NOT going to delete them beacause whoever posts has a right to their opinion despite it being childish and hurtfull. MY FEELINGS were that I wanted to delete them, but refrained for the above reasons. I figured the rants would eventually stop. Well, the rants not only didn't stop, they got more hurtfull and mean. It was AFTER I received 4 more e-mails (1 from Stephanie) that I caved and deleted them. No Mike and Minnow, I do not randomly delete posts for my own agenda. As for what is and is not ethical, quit looking at me and check out a mirror. M
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 09:41 PM
If asking for an explicitly profane post to be deleted is your idea of hypocrisy, call me what you

like, M. I'm just SO lucky I'm not dependent on your respect for my self esteem. Only on fair moderation on your part. I went on the pertinent thread and said that I'd pressed the report button on that post and told why and then noticed the offending material had been deleted, according to him, by Minnow himself. Then I deleted my own posts to keep that thread from taking on a topic that wasn't appropriate to it. I did the right thing on both counts.

I did not read the Guadalupe Canyon thread and now that I know that Minnow deleted the Santiago Zoo thread himself, I have nothing to complain about - other than possibly, your insinuating that I'm a hypocrite. If that's your idea of being a moderating influence, that makes me into Mahatma Ghandi.
Ta Ta. I'm gonna go get a candy buzz and maybe tomorrow we'll both have a better day.

[Edited on 11-1-2003 by Stephanie Jackter]

When the goin' gets tough, the wierd turn pro
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 10:18 PM
M

I am in no way casting stones at you or anyone else. NOBODY is worse behaved than me.

The only thing I'm saying that involves you is that you cannot allow yourself to be a player in a game and also a referee.

It?s not that anyone made a mistake, rather how we strive for agreement and consensus.

Arriba y Adelante Amiga.

EDIT: Cheap deal with the mirror thing, M. You made an ethical error. Learn, don't deflect your mistakes, and let's go on to a greater tomorrow. Love ya. Mike

[Edited on 11-1-2003 by Mike Humfreville]
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 11-1-2003 at 07:19 AM
Hey, Mike H....?? please clue me in......

What do you mean "you shouldn't contribute to a thread you moderate"?

I don't get it. I am the moderator of the Aviation section at baja.net , and don't see any problem with a conflict, in fact i start threads, jump in threads, (occaisionally lose "my threads!) etc. - no problem there with all that. If someone posted diatribe, hate prose, pics - whatever, but AGAINST the WRITTEN rules of engagement as prescribed by the board's OWNER, then my job is to critique and/ or remove it - regardless, i believe, whether or not i personally had any input elsewhere on the same thread. That's what the OWNER asked me to do in establishing me as a/the moderator. So....WTF?? what's unethical here? To be honest... there ain't much "ethical" anywhere on the net, its all cyberjunk - some fun , some boring, some neither. BTW - your stories can be entertaining - why not post some at the travels and adventures section at baja.net? Am sure others there would enjoy reading them.

It's funny to me all the petty back and forth here, and sometimes i play too! I don't see any of it at "Thaaaaat other place" - wanna know why? 'cause thooooose people are too busy havin' fun and going to Mexico, thaaaaaat's why!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-1-2003 at 09:02 AM

[Edited on 11-1-2003 by Q87]
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 11-1-2003 at 10:01 AM

See some good has come of all this crap. In the above post the moderator deleted it. It states it.

Captn. Mike. I think that Mike H was refering to the fact that it was/is wrong to delete posts for no other reason than it is of a different opinion. Maybe he read my post on Guadalupe Canyon, I don't know. I do know what I wrote and how I wrote it and it was wrong for M to delete my comment, then later a few others.

As to why Mike H and others don't post at baja.net, I suspect it is because of all the complaining DK has done about that site has put some people off. I admit I was one of them. If however you go read it now you will see many of the people who had great information to provide post there. I know Mike H would be more than welcome there as he has great information, and his storys are second to none. If DK and Jeans had any sence of humor NONE of what happened to them over there would have.
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 11-1-2003 at 11:41 AM

I don't think I know anyone on this board personally. But I have come to know most of the regulars by their writings. I have really enjoyed the diversity of opinions expressed here, and have come to like and respect virtually all of the posters, even if their opinions differ significantly from mine. As Mike H says, "Isn't it great we have so many strong personalities here!?". Yes it is, and that's why it is so disappointing to me when things get so personal and vitriolic. It would seem that this great diversity of opinion could get expressed without hurting one another. I don't mean to lecture, but I think I am older than most on the board and I don't want to see this fun forum disintegrate.
++Ken++
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-1-2003 at 12:53 PM

Well said Ken... Should we request the host or moderators to just delete all posts (with members' names included) whenever it has nothing to do with Baja trips or travel questions, those that are just digs at others? This includes any of mine where I mentioned ********, all (by the way) done in defence of harassment posts first made by him.

How about Doug, M, Q87... a clean house here on Nomad?

[Edited on 11-1-2003 by BajaNomad]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2003 at 07:29 PM
Hey Ken......

I doubt very much that you are older than most posters here, if a poll were taken I would guess the adv. age to be 50plus (but you would have to leave Neal Johns and Mike H. out of the adv. since their ages would throw the adv. WAY OUT OF WACK! :o :D
Casa P. D. y C.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2003 at 07:34 PM
Have to agree with Capt. Mike...

in regards to being able to post and moderate a board. One can do both.

In our opinion, to hang on the fence post is to hang one's self. Have the huevos to own up to your opinion and stick to it. Don't wait to see what others have to say and then go with the flow.

The back and forth nit picking and name calling is one of the reasons why we gave up on the Amigos board and went to thaaaaat other place. We were really hoping that didn't happen here.

When Jimmy Smith was at our home we had a discussion regarding this type of board conflict. He found it entertaining, and I guess from now on we will too.

Always look at the bright side of life...

P.S. I'm sure this won't be the last post on this thread, but don't put us in the cat box as we're done scratchin'!
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2003 at 07:45 PM

OK Debra I'll take the challenge. How many here are on the wrong side of 63? Damn, I don't even have much of 63 left, the clock ticks over to 64 for me in Feb.
++Ken++
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2003 at 08:09 PM

Ken, You must have the Grecian formula thing down. You still look younger than your dog. - Stephanie

When the goin' gets tough, the wierd turn pro
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2003 at 08:10 PM
I don't know Ken

but, I think it might be an interesting poll to look at, however, I don't know how to do one of those poll thingies, maybe DK could help us out, he knows how. David? we could leave out names on the poll (so those sencitive about that "age" thing WOULD TELL THE TRUTH! ;D :D

Oh yeah, I should have added I've been just a meer 21 (for almost 28yrs.) :spingrin:

[Edited on 11-2-2003 by Debra]
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2003 at 09:10 PM

Stephanie, I took that avatar picture of myself under about 60 feet of sea water, which seems to filter out a lot of gray. Plus it was ten years ago when I was just a pup. Speaking of pups, Rosie, my little bulldog, looked older than me the day she was born.

Debra, I'm surprised nobody has done that poll yet. David K, please help! OTOH, I might not want to know the results.

++Ken++
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2003 at 10:33 PM
Great quote.....

"DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF......and it's all small stuff" Richard Carlson PH.D publisher Hyberion
Jim

[*] posted on 11-2-2003 at 10:30 AM

Okay,
Since I started this thread I suppose I have to plug in my age, which is 66.

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 11-2-2003 at 04:54 PM

Well Jim,
As in poker the first bet in has to be topped--I'm 67 and confused, saddened, and angry at some of these past few posts by "insiders" from both camps. I care not whether it is fair, unfair, or down right bad---but for those of us who continue to demand our rights to express ourselves--I couldn't agree more BUT in an attempt to ensure fair play and to express our rights we run the risk of killing the goose that allows the forum to display our opinions.
Amigos de Baja was such a vehicle until Earle, Eric, and Trish decided that enough was enough and pulled the plug. Then Doug Means stepped in to provide another vehicle for our love of Baja. Now, some people are attacking, yet another board. IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ME! In order to express our views a few of us chose to kill the vehicle that allows us to express these views. I wonder what others, both on this earth and beyond would think if they read these various posts.
To everyone who reads this--HAVE A GREAT BAJA DAY!
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2003 at 05:11 PM

originally posted by Baja Bernie:
"I wonder what others, both on this earth and beyond would think if they read these various posts."

:lol: They're all ROFL

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2003 at 05:18 PM

Bernie: As an old timer of 72 whic includes 35 years of Baja I sure do like to read other peoples experiences in Baja. I like to answere questions if I can help.I like to know the people and what makes them tick,
I have come to an understanding that the so called diversity has divided this great country into 2 camps.,which carries over to Baja.
What will brings us together?
Will this board fold up and slip away to nothing or can each of us "Shut up and keep Poltics off this board"
I was off this board for awhile and then came back. I am as guilty as anyone .It is hard not to answer a complete Spin on a factual event.

Is there not a Board that would welcome all of this political stuff with out involving Baja. ?
I would support another BBBB or Baja Book signing . David K . Keep on trucking!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.