Author: Subject: TIME FOR QUIT CLAIM DEED FOR ALL MEXICO
Mango
Senior Nomad

Mood: Bajatastic

[*] posted on 7-19-2006 at 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capt. George
Welcome to the board Mango,

They take care of their own first....I wish they would...we seem to be taking more care of "their own" then they are..

What a stimulating thread..

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

I don't know about you, but I was a "live-in, paying GUEST" of Mexico for 2 1/2 years. Never considered myself more. Still should have the right to a quit claim deed. I earned my money the old fashioned way, I worked like a dog since I was twelve.

What's good for the goose..........

As for selling weapons to both sides, we still do, to paraphrase a song; "All Over the World". We're a Captilist, Industrialist government...It is what it is. Has nothing to do with legally paid for, agreed upon by both parties, land transfer and proper deeds. We are who we are and we do what we do....but at least within "our" borders, people have a right to "own" their property.

War, what is it good for? NUTTIN! Viet Vet

Mango, first, welcome to the board, second, your views cause thought and ( and that is always a good thing) third etc, but by no means, least.

Have you ever lived in Mexico?, Have you ever purchased land here?
Have you ever lived peacefully among it's people for more then a year?
How often do you visit and how much dinero a year do you spend across the border?

Buen Dia el Vikingo de Punta Abreojos

Thanks for the welcome. I have lived in various places throughout mainland Mexico over the years. I tend to spend about 2-4 months a year in Mexico and I have done that for the last 10 years or so. The first time I visited Mexico I took the bus from Oakland, CA to Oaxaca. I stopped in Guanajato, DF, Puebla, and Copper Canyon.

I got my first inspiration to visit Mexico from my grandfather when I was a child. He would allways teach me Spanish when I visited him. I asked him why he did this one day. He said it was to show respect to those that were here before you. To learn something about their culture, to learn their language, is to show respect. He said our family once spoke Apache, then Spanish, now English. Tomorrow we might speak Chinese. If you want those that come after you to respect you, you need to show them that you have respected others before you.

That story has never left me. My Spanish is actually pretty good now too. lol I've spent much time with native people now living in Mexico and even know a few words in Mayan, Zapotec, Nhuatl(Aztec), and Mixtec. It blows the locals minds when they pass some gringo, rambleing down a dirt path in the forrest, that says hello to them in their native tounge.

I'm not retired; but, currently work in the construction trades. I don't have enough savings to stay a year at this time. I travel south in the winter when work slows.

Now when I travel to Mexico I tend to pick one or two places and find a place to stay long term. Then I explore from there. I was in the mountains around Oaxaca/Puebla this last winter and spent much time in Ixtlan de Juarez and Huautla de Jimenez where I learned a little Zapotec. I spent time farther north in a Nahuatl speaking region of Puebla state the year before, where I befriended a few locals spent my days hiking in the mountains.

I get along well with most mexicans. I had a girlfriend in DF for a few years. I have allways traveled by bus and I am not afraid to go anywhere in the country. I've spent more than a month in D.F. and about a month living in a shack on the Pacific coast with a family of fishermen that I met while walking though town where I helped them with chores/work each day. I have been to every state in Mexico except for Colima, Nuevo Leon, Tamaulipas, and B.C.S.

The main reason I joined this site is to research and learn about Baja. I stumbled upon it during my research and I enjoy the community here. I plan to goto Baja this winter and explore, find somewhere nice to take a long siesta(camp), learn about the local native culture(petroglyphs, etc.), kayak, and maybe bring a friend or two. I'm going to be driving instead of taking the bus this time. :)

Every town I goto I seek out the oldest people I can find, talk with them, learn about their lives, and the local history. I tend to stay away from the tourist locations, I take local transport, and eat at the mercados or street vendors more often than not.

If you, or anyone else has questions about the mainland let me know.

Take care.
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2006 at 01:32 AM

You will not go wrong visiting Punta Abreojos and the surrounding Pueblos.

La Bocana, San Hipolito, Punta Prieta and Asuncion, all north of PA on a coast road...

"Small town" Baja remains a very, very special place.

Capt George aka in those towns; el Vikingo de Punta Abreojos

Good Luck on your trip there.

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
Corky1
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2006 at 05:22 PM

Bruce,
Just a curious question.
When you say Baja doesn't need forgien investment or
forgien money, what percentage of the funds that keep this business open is forgien money???

Welcome to
Mulege Business and Financial Services

Corky :?: :lol:

\"Keep The Rubberside Down\"
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.