Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: 1st Month Progress on Doc's Pub Baja
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 5-16-2007 at 05:48 PM

capitolkat, I could. There were a couple of properties in the "north north" section of the area known as "lengueta arenosa" (mind you, just a couple) that had to be repurchased. I guess the legal basis (and I'm not a Mexican lawyer) is that there was not clear title in the first place, despite the fideicomiso. The entire spit was at one time awarded to a single family by the then-president of Mexico (sometime in the thirties), who unfortunately did not back up his largesse with any kind of documentation. Thus, although the dust appears to have settled, there are still far too many unanswered questions about property rights under Napoleonic law.

By the way, the Punda Banda dispute wasn't actually between "various ejido factions." It was between the Ejido Esteban Cantu and five families, each of whom approached the repo in different ways, thus resulting in some evictions. Many gringos were allowed to renogotiate.

[Edited on 5-17-2007 by bajamigo]

oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2007 at 01:17 AM

Bajadock, I'm sure you'll be done by Halloween no sweat, judging by the heavy equipment, good foundation, and proximity of a power pole in your photos.

Can you walk us thru your house plans? I got the lower level garage but can't figure out the upper deck and roof line from your drawing.
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2007 at 10:40 AM
"PUB" floorplan

Floorplan is "tuck-under" garage for sloping lots, mine at approx 10% grade. Front faces northeast to Ensenada harbor. Big deck in front for wave watching, big deck on roof to catch anything else missed. Parties will happen.

Only unique design element is diagonal raised wall on roof(last pic). It contains 5 sliding windows for passive solar gain and also provides unique ceiling levels in "great" room and 1 bedroom.

Included 1st floor diagram showing apt with its own entry. Plan 3D is my design software, $36/year online.

I'm still new kid here, but learning quickly, happy to share. Discussion/exchange on land/fide's/title is healthy and appreciated for all who may follow. My website has 5 photo albums on right side. 2 albums, "Construccion" and "House Design" have project details and progress. SALUD! http://360.yahoo.com/dockerty06

[Edited on 5-17-2007 by bajadock]

[Edited on 5-17-2007 by bajadock]

oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2007 at 10:16 AM

Thanks for showing us your plans Doc.

Good idea with the view decks on both sides- you can't have too many decks, especially with the breathtaking views like yours.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.