Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Baja Breakfast Coffee Cakes
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 04:17 PM

Kate - I'm not sure about his milk carton eggs... around here we have milk carton kids. You know, the ones gone missing. Little ads on the sides of the milk carton... and at first that was what I thought Al was suggesting we use.:biggrin::rolleyes::(

Nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 06:39 PM

Milk carton eggs are egg substitute, yellow colored egg whites, in a milk type carton. Costco has them as well as other places.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 06:50 PM

Thanks Dennis...I assumed most had used carton egg whites...come to think about it I just started using (learned)them:lol:
Nena, I will try to find stevia, sounds good...thanks. Any instructions on how to use it?

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 06:55 PM

Check out my improved recipe in the other post. No suger...

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Al G
Thanks Dennis...I assumed most had used carton egg whites...come to think about it I just started using (learned)them:lol:

I've been using them for years, Al. The only thing missing is the flavor of cholesterol.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 09:04 PM

Kate...my goal is no fat and I have achieved it to a real low level. My last, I made this morning are very good. I believe children would enjoy them. This does not mean you cannot use butter, but the Yogurt make them rich. Mine are now 5/8" thick and a smooth texture with a little tartness from the dry fruit. I have found oats are hard to make smooth. I had two goals...one cook in skillet and two healthy...you know, I am old and fat:lol:
I hope someone actually tries some...I'm a proud papa....:lol:
Edit...BTW I grew up splashing bacon grease over the tops of eggs so we did not have to turn them too...:biggrin:

[Edited on 1-6-2008 by Al G]

Albert G

Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 09:21 PM

Al, you can make oat flour by tossing those oats in the blender. I do that for muffins sometimes. Replace the butter or oil with applesauce. It's good and sooooo virtuous that next morning you can:

PUT THE BACON-FRIED EGGS IN A SANDWICH!!! And throw in the bacon!! Put 'em on toast with mustard on the egg side, and honey on the bacon side! YUMMMMMMY!!! Take two bites and give the rest to the dog, or eat it all and go for a long walk afterward.

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2008 at 09:35 PM

Al - I generally steep a little stevia in some very hot water, like tea.... and then use by the drop. It's very sweet and takes some getting used to in order to get the amount works for you. But given all these culinary experiments you are about of late, 3 drops or 5 should be within your research skills.

Had a friend used to grow some stevia in her back yard. Couldn't figure out why her plants seemed to be doing so well, then regularly the leaves were just eaten away by something. One Sunday afternoon she watched her grandson play in the yard - and then she knew why the stevia was disappearing. The little boy just gobbled it up. Honest.

Good luck to you, Al, in this quest for the perfect healthy breakfast cake. I believe this counts as 'going green'.:biggrin:

Nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.