Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Baja Bamboo
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2004 at 08:28 PM
Bamboo Rocks

and guess what, it's not that new of a thing either.hahahahahaha
What's new about it is structural testing, experimenting with multiple uses, and using it as laminates and structural members in many phases of modern construction.
That, and the fact that the western world is finally beginning to become aware of it's potential in so many thousands of uses. A tree huggers fantasy so to speak.
And in the case of Baja Bamboo and San Bartolo Bamboo, a lot of people are investing together in something for the community rather than having to become maids and gardeners for the foreigners.:light:
They are into it !!!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2004 at 08:32 PM
poco mas

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2004 at 08:36 PM
Bambu Burros y Vacas Vecinos

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2004 at 09:01 PM

cool stuff. keep it coming. :)

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 11-17-2004 at 09:14 PM
Bamba?o

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2004 at 09:25 PM
Custom Bamboo Cups

Work great for coffee and stuff! These are made with vaca de las Gigantas, Vibora y Caballo del Mar.
I'm having more made with local turquoise and arrowheads.
Pretty cool way to stay cool! :light:
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2004 at 10:19 PM

Bamba?o! :lol:

We long ago decided on bamboo flooring when we re-model. We also are getting a bamboo curved bartop and some other accent pieces in some other areas in the house. If I show the wifey these shots the whole house may be bamboo!! :biggrin:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

BajaGrrls
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2004 at 08:16 AM

The cups look awesome! Does the bamboo have any insulating qualities that help keep drinks hot or cold?

I'm also thinking that the lucky bamboo I got in Chinatown might make a good straw, but since I need a bit of luck, I've decided not to sacrifice it just yet. :lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2004 at 10:43 AM
Yes indeedy

they insulate very well in both directions. But, for some reason, coka cola seems to foam up in bamboo.:?: Like when you pour it on fresh ice cubes.

Frente de mi casa

akbear
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2004 at 03:18 PM

Hi JR, I just talked with Mike, who hangs out at Buzzards in Los Barriles, on Mon. night. He wants to get in touch with you. I guess you guys talked there after he say your truck rack. I told him you are on this site, so he might get to you. He lives in a brick house just south of KM 108 up the hill from Hambergusa/Modelo store in Buena Vista. Look him up when your down there.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2004 at 03:46 PM
Thanks Akbear

I remember Mike, I caught him fondling my bamboo rack:lol:
Seemed like a really nice guy and we discussed bamboo etc. I will find him when I'm down there but what about you? I sent you a u2u earlier I think.
pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2004 at 07:21 PM

jr- very nice looking work-awesome!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2004 at 07:55 PM
Thanks Pappy

This is just the beginning. I have more pictures of bamboo stuff as well as some fairly interesting stories and pictures of my trips into the mountains and some pretty "unvisited" places in Baja at http://groups.msn.com/TheBajasBestGuidesPhotoAlbum
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2004 at 01:44 PM
JR

JR; Will you please let me know the easist way to get rid of unwanted Bamboo?
Can it be stopped with Chemical? Dug up? etc.
thanks

Skeet/Loreto
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2004 at 03:14 PM
Bamboo or Carrizo ?

So far Skeet, I haven't tried to get rid of any other than using it for projects and I can't get enough!
But, if it's any indication of what you are in for, bamboo was the first thing to sprout back up after the Hiroshima incident!
Your best bet is to dig it up including every little piece of it. I would then put something nasty in the ground where it was, (Roundup) comes to mind.
You will have to repeat this procedure!
To contain it to a certain area, you must dig a minimum 3' deep trench (5' is better) and put in a block, cement, or thick plastic barrier.
Fortunately, it only flowers every hundred years, (all of the same species flower at the same time around the globe!) Good communications?
So spreading by seeds isn't much of a worry.
If it trury bamboo, those shoots all velly velly good to eat flesh, and healthy for you body!!:lol:
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.