Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Pam in Loreto!!!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 09:05 PM

ok sharks. i defer to your knowledge. but as Bucky says.....lighten up a bit, maybe have a cooler now and then.:lol:
i still say they got ripped off even if they arrived too late. even the best of flight plans can come apart enroute - winds changing, etc.
so - i am still not clear on why center can't turn them loose for the approach, lose radio contact in then descent like in USA and they can call center once on the ground to confirm and close their plan? nevermind....it's because it doesn't work that way in mexico, right?

i'm going out next week and getting that 2nd altimeter.:yes: :lol::saint:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2008 at 09:17 PM

this just in from the Loreto comandancia Sr. Landeros:

About the Loreto scamm... the pilot and one of the passangers came to my office, the DGAC Commandance, and show me the recipes, not the following day, but almost a week later, on their departure day (they were busy fishing)... I call the head of Customs and he declared that the fee that they paid to the Customs officer was not legal... I gave to both, the pilot and the passanger, a panflet that has all the information to fill an official complain to the Mexican Federal Agencies Internal Affairs Secretary at Tijuana, (that's the agency to report in case of federal officers misconducts) ... I told them that as soon as they arrive to their destintion they should start the procedure, either by phone, e-mail or any other option included in the panflet... but that's the pilot responsability... if you don't fill an offical complain and you choose to just talk about it on the web your not helping yourself or other pilots... On the other hand, I've have start a legal procedure against that same customs officer for giving intencional misinformation to pilots about the airport operating hours that lead to the overtime operation...(07:00-19:00 local time)

The Internal Affairs agency´s correct name is:
Secretaria de la Función Pública
•E-mail: srtbc@telnor.net or asoteloc@funcionpublica.gob.mx
•Telephone: 01(664)623-8933, 623-8687 (support hours: monday to friday 8am-9pm; saturday-sunday 8am-4pm).
•SACTEL Call center (24 hours): 01(800) 0014800. From the U.S. 1(888)594 33 72.

Edificio de Dependencias Federales S/N
Garita Internacional de Otay, Tijuana, B.C. ZIP 23509. (664)6238933, 6238687. (A few meters from the Otay Mesa Port of Entry, in the Mexican side).

P.A. Mario Landeros Lizárraga
Comandante de Aeropuerto LTO
(613)135-04-98 135-05-65
mlandero@sct.gob.mx

the original report from the pilot was that they CALLED migracion/aduana and were TOLD that they could arr and receive services up till 10:00 PM. i smell set up there. and that does not excuse them from landing after airport tower hours - i won't give them that - but the $1000 they were extorted over and no receipts...well this isn't over yet. Glad to see Landeros getting involved. Pam, i hope you see this.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

Shark18
Banned

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 12:16 AM

That's kind of funny, in a strange way. I can almost tell you precisely what the customs guy is going to say.

"Why yes, they did call me and ask if they could come in until 10PM. That is true. They didn't ask me if it would cost more money."

:lol:

Lessons to be learned: (1) In Mexico it does not matter what anybody tells you. The only thing that matters is what the law says. (2) The laws in Mexico change without notice and are interpreted differently from place to place and time to time.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 06:33 AM

i'll buy into that Sharks. been there, had that. not fun.
i look forward to seeing where this ends up tho.
i agree with you if they landed after dark or official closing times and knew it might happen only to rely on what migracion said about the airport protocol including DGAC ops - well they deserve their fines - the correct fines, not $1000 arbitrary fine in cash made to intimidate and with no receipt to validate.
and as Mario stated as did the Bonanza guys, DGAC decided not to extort/punish them. that's the mexico i am most fond of - the helping friendly way that sparked the attitude of, "no worry, manana". Laid back and not punitive. the style that keeps us doing charity work all these years.

BTW i have ordered the english language version of the civil aeronautical rules in mexico. should be interesting and enlightening. i have also enquired of the BBP admin why more emphasis is not placed on US pilots understanding of the apparent differences. and - am asking the int'l admin of the flying Sams why they do not highlight the potential for VFR rule differences in their official pilot qualifications and and SOPs publication.

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 06:39 AM

It was sure much more fun Flying in Baja from 1967 to1997!

Starting with no Nav Aids, no controlled Aiiports{Except La Paz Military}.

Then along came the DOPE Smugglers and most of the Good Strips were Plowed up.

Capt. Mike and Shark18 I am glad that both of you learned that it depends on who you are and where you are for the Law to take effect.

Skeet
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 11:07 AM

and this just in from a trusted source (not that i don't trust you sharks:saint:) me thinks we both have factual errors here.

respondent is a resort operator who also runs air taxi ops to mexico:

Here are some answers to your questions. I just had coffee with four DGAC staff and two Falcon pilots at the Alamos Airport.
1. Night VFR is illegal in a single engine aircraft. (knew that)
2. Night and Sunrise times, in terms of "normal business hours" vary from airport to airport. The times are not arbitrarily set, however are established by each Commandander. After normal hour landings, even though the airport is open and it might not be official sunset warrant an overtime fee. For example,
Ciudad Obregons normal hours end at 1800, land one minute after and you will pay overtime of 1,500 pesos and 15%IVA (tax). Puerto Penasco uses 1700 hours, etc. Non-controlled airports like Alamos use sunset.
Also, no single engine flights from any airport before sunrise. Actual Sunrise and Sunset is what to keep in mind when going to a non-controlled airport. (new info here, woo hoo! love to be corrected)

3. The IFR flight plan only requires one alternate airport, regardless of conditions. Two altimeters are never required. (hummmm?) maybe that was an old or previous rule or for comm'l at one time?

well $150 is a lot more fair than $1000!!

Skeeter - baja flying remains the most fun you can have with your flying suit on.:yes::yes:

Shark18
Banned

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
and this just in from a trusted source ...

Now Mike, remember what the golden rule is in Mexico: It doesn't matter what anybody tells you, it only matters what the law says:

SECRETARÍA DE COMUNICACIONES Y TRANSPORTES
REGLAMENTO de Operación de Aeronaves Civiles

Artículo 76.- Todas las aeronaves cuando vuelen con sujeción a las reglas de vuelo por medio de instrumentos, o cuando no puedan mantenerse en la posición de vuelo deseada sin referirse a uno o más instrumentos de vuelo, estarán equipadas cuando menos con:
I. Un compás magnético.
II. Un indicador giroscópico de virajes, combinado con un instrumento que marque la aceleración, según el eje transversal de la aeronave.
III. Un indicador giroscópico de inclinación transversal y longitudinal.
IV. Un indicador giroscópico de dirección.
V. Un indicador para comprobar si es satisfactoria la energía que hace funcionar los indicadores giroscópicos.
VI. Dos altímetros de precisión.
VII. Un indicador que manifieste en la cabina de la tripulación la temperatura exterior.
VIII. Un reloj con segundero central.
IX. Un sistema con indicador de la velocidad relativa, con dispositivos que impidan su mal funcionamiento debido a la formación de hielo.
X. Un indicador del régimen de ascenso y descenso

Ministry of Communications and Transport
REGULATIONS for Operation of Civil Aircraft

Article 76 .- All aircraft when flying subject to instrument flight rules using instruments, or when flight cannot be maintained without reference to one or more flight instruments, will be equipped with at least:
I. A magnetic compass.
II. One gyroscopic turn indicator, combined with an instrument to check the acceleration of the the axis of the aircraft.
III. One gyroscopic pitch and bank indicator.
IV. One gyroscopic compass.
V. One indicator to show the power that operates the gyroscopic indicators.
VI. Two precision altimeters.
VII. One indicator in the crew cabin that displays outside temperature.
VIII. A clock with a second hand.
IX. A relative speed indication system with devices that prevent malfunction due to icing.
X. One rate of climb and descent indicator.

LXVI. Vuelo nocturno: Tipo de vuelo que se efectúa entre la hora de puesta y salida del sol difundida en el PIA.

LXVI. Night flight. A flight during the hours between sunset and sunrise, as defined in the PIA (Mexican equivalent of the AIM.)

Artículo 28.- No se iniciará ningún vuelo que haya de efectuarse de acuerdo con las reglas de vuelo por medio de instrumentos, a no ser que la información meteorológica disponible indique que las condiciones meteorológicas (estables o con tendencia a mejorar) en el aeropuerto o aeródromo de alternativa, sean a la hora prevista de llegada las correspondientes a vuelo visual, indicadas en el manual de operaciones para tal aeropuerto o aeródromo. En caso de que estas condiciones no sean las indicadas, se señalarán dos aeropuertos o aeródromos alternativos.

Article 28 .- Do not commence any flights to be carried out in accordance with instrument flight rules by reference to instruments, unless the weather information available indicates that the weather (stable with a tendency to improve) at the airport or alternate airport, is at the scheduled time of arrival to be corresponding to visual flight rules, as indicated in the operations manual for that airport or airfield. If these conditions are not indicated, then two alternative airports or airfields are required.

[The following an an ICAO rule for VFR operations, and Mexico follows those rules.]

Except when a clearance is obtained from an ATC unit, VFR flights shall not take off or land at an Aerodrome within a control zone or enter the Aerodrome traffic zones or traffic pattern:

* When the ceiling is less than 1,500 feet (450 km); or

* When the ground visibility is less than 5 miles (8 km), or 3 miles (5 km) if so prescribed by the appropriate air traffic service authority
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 03:42 PM

i stand corrected i guess. :?:
i hear there is a rule that all aviones incl comm'l liners must have a current copy of the mex PIA on board but like only 2% actually comply.

yeah........its mexico.:cool:

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.