Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: New Baja Norte Road?
bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 12-10-2004 at 11:28 AM

jr,
By the term "all you rich guys", I assume you are refering to our 'cultural richness and diversity' for being such enthusiasts for Baja. :biggrin:
('cuz I for one sure can't afford no stinkin' starbucks franchise! Besides, there's already enough of the damn things everywhere else!)

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2004 at 12:19 PM
Cultural richness and diversity

is in general a really good thing as long as you have an open mind. It perhaps has something to do with education, appreciating the earth and environment, and protecting certain areas that are unique.( Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, etc.)
Unfortunately, the diversity part also includes those who feel that money and making more of it is more important than anything. (Starbucks, Developers, the corporate world in general.)
These guys don't give a rats arse about changing an environment. I watched it in Southern California and I'm watching it here in Baja.
And personally, I feel Baja has a lot more to offer than either one of those overpacked nightmares they call national parks.
10 years, Starbucks stops along the peninsula. :lol: We already have Cha Bucks by our house here:lol: Not really, it's Cha Chas cafe but same idea and we call it that. Really good meatball sandwiches too!
I am planning guided trips at the end of this month, Jan. Feb. Mar. and April to places that have yet to be affected by these changes.
One might encounter some "cultural richness and diversity" on these trips!
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 12-10-2004 at 08:29 PM

Well, I see you realy don't know alot of what is going on here in Baja California, at least the northern part, there is no toll for the corredor 2000, it is not Tecate Rosarito and there is a very big operation with respect to coffee, here is there link.
saludos
http://dvolada.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-11-2004 at 12:53 AM

That's why it's great that you are providing us with these links and insider info... GRACIAS FERNA!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2004 at 01:12 AM
When I say, I heard a rumour of a toll

and readily admit that, for someone to say that I believe in it or even say it is true seems like a very shallow minded individual.
Obviously, you living in TJ and DK being your friend, anything else said about Baja and the scuttlebutt would be ridiculous, right?
I readily admit, I know nothing of politics here. But to claim that you or your chicken coup group does, makes me want to puke since I couldn't find the emoticon for it.
You are awesome !! Read what I actually said, if you can, before acting like a typical coop grouper pendejo!:moon:

Oh sorry, I may have meant pendeja pero no se! I bet you have some sort of book out right?

[Edited on 12/11/2004 by jrbaja]
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2004 at 08:40 AM
Flowers

jr: fdt (Flowers) is near & dear to many of us who read this board. Please treat him with respect.
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 12-11-2004 at 09:42 AM

If development is inevitable, why don't we form a consortium and buy large tracts of land and develop, low density, maybe 5% of the acreage....enough to make the money back and buy more land, yet retaining 95% of the land under stewardship(maybe even have 2% in bamboo forest!). 5% of the land is still too much but if development is coming at least it would make it less disastrous, unless enough money was found to but the land outright, which isn't likely(?). Of course this would have to be done soon, while land is still relatively cheap.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2004 at 09:48 AM
One of the main reasons for the Bamboo is

to give them an alternate means of making money without having to sell their land:light:
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2004 at 10:34 AM

There are millions of peopleall around the world that have been making very good living off the land hat haven't been able to resist the one time riches of the developers.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2004 at 12:26 PM
Obviously, you living in TJ and DK being your friend, anything else said about Baja and the scuttleb

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
and readily admit that, for someone to say that I believe in it or even say it is true seems like a very shallow minded individual.
Obviously, you living in TJ and DK being your friend, anything else said about Baja and the scuttlebutt would be ridiculous, right?
I readily admit, I know nothing of politics here. But to claim that you or your chicken coup group does, makes me want to puke since I couldn't find the emoticon for it.
You are awesome !! Read what I actually said, if you can, before acting like a typical coop grouper pendejo!:moon:

Oh sorry, I may have meant pendeja pero no se! I bet you have some sort of book out right?

[Edited on 12/11/2004 by jrbaja]
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2004 at 12:31 PM
You are awesome !! Read what I actually said, if you can, before acting like a typical coop grouper

Yes, he is my friend, from a long time. But why would you call me pendejo?
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2004 at 12:56 PM
Two reasons

number one, I hate it when people turn my words into something I did not say and number two, I was already mad.

I apologize for the name calling and am trying to not do that. Perhaps I need some sort of anger management or pills or something so that I don't get mad at all!

Perdon Se?or.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 12-11-2004 at 06:58 PM

or even a 7-11 franchise in that neck of the woods would have a corner on the market. especially with all the rich gringos trailering between BoLA and Rosalillita:lol:

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 12-11-2004 at 07:01 PM

OOPS.

didn't realize there was two pages to this thread and it looks like i posted right in the middle of a nasty little :fire:

FrankO
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2004 at 07:30 PM
Might I suggest...

that maybe a big fat splif would calm you down! No, that would be illegal.;) How about masturbating? That definitely would take the edge off!
:lol:

Union thug.
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2004 at 10:48 PM

Chicken coop group.....?.....who dat?.....:(
wornout
Senior Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 12-17-2004 at 08:09 PM

New roads in Baja Norte? When did this happen, was I sleeping again.

This Space Available, E-Mail Me If Interested.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2004 at 11:57 PM

Wow! I just killed some time clicking around the website posted by Se?or fdt and this is going to be a nice road. The port of Ensenada will have lots of container ships to unload and the trucks will be able to get to Otay efficiently. The road is three lanes in each direction with a bridge that spans a portion of the big reservoir. Lots of photos showing the various stages of work and the numerous puentes.There is also a 13 minute video presentation on the website with some old movies and photos showing the TJ/Roso area of old.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 12-18-2004 at 11:13 PM

With respect to JR (BTW, have you taken a chill pill yet? )

This thread and the link to the Mexican government website seems to be all about a highway from Otay Mesa to Rosarito (Poptola).

I've looked around it, where in it is stuff/links about a road from Mexicali to Rosarito and Ensenada?

Is there another project?:lol::lol::lol:

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.