[*] posted on 12-22-2004 at 12:48 AM

amen, Mike.
A-OK
Nomad

Mood: faded

[*] posted on 12-22-2004 at 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bbbait
Just curious..... How do you have time to serve humility, and delve into all the aspects of Baja humanity, and still share your expertise here? All I see is your constant bereavement of almost every friendly post on here. It seems like you are spending all your time here, on the Nomad site, instead of getting your "patriotic" message out to the public, to help your fellow citizens in Baja. I think the rest of us (pendajos, P-nche gringos) are doing more to help than you are...I just don't get it......Wayno
A-OK
Nomad

Mood: faded

[*] posted on 12-22-2004 at 01:00 AM

Do you have a sat dish on that bamboo rack of your pickup? If not... then having well over 2000 posts and being logged on here seems to me like it would consume a lot of the time from all your Search & Rescue, delivering of school supplies, traveling into mountainous regions to drop off clothes, etc.....
I am down in Baja A LOT and I donate goods and sweat whenever I can. You almost had me start dropping off clothes and writting paper to you since there are many 1-2 day trips I make and don't get down far enough all the time to give supplies to more needy areas. I read all your posts and it makes me sick. I have no tollerance for the self-rightous.
bbbait
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2004 at 01:01 AM

Right on Mike...Thanks for the cap.. I'm starting to lose my temper with this JR dude... We're taking presents to the camp where we're headed plus more to wherever we can help out.. That guy is doing so much to destroy efforts it is indescribeable.. I hope everyone realizes it and not read his posts....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-22-2004 at 01:20 AM

JR has been 'the bridge' to bring items to those who could benefit. I along with other Nomads have brought clothes to his Rosarito Beach home so that he could take them to the children in the mountains...
----------------------------------------------------------
There is another good book, called 'Guerrilla Selling' by Bill Gallagher c1992 that teaches you how to identify personalities and deal with people at their level of maturity.

Remember, as Baja Nomads we are like a family. In a big family, there are squabbles and fights... but they can and should be resolved. Can you think of one of your in-laws... or a crazy aunt... you might be mad at them, but at Thanksgiving you will join with them to break bread? The important thing to this family is sharing our love of Baja or helping others with travel details... then many of us have found out we are nice people to become friends with. We have all started as Baja Nomads, camping solo... We have become richer by joining talents on line or in person.

Think about what benefits everyone most (including the kids in remote camps or ranches) before you kick the keyboard or curse at anyone. I have said to JR before: 'Don't Bite the hand that you want to help you'... If the way you say things is misunderstood by most (as you think it is), then consider changing the way you say things!

Don't degrade everything other people like, because you don't. I have been guilty of bad mouthing Cabo San Lucas (for what I consider good reasons)... but you bad mouth almost every place most people here like going to. Try just talking about the places you do like and ignore commenting on the many, many places you hate in Baja.

Bet you will get a lot more support from the Nomads and always have truckloads of donations to take on south.

Merry Christmas JR

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2004 at 09:48 AM
Thanks David

To you too.
The Title of this thread is Gringos vs P-nche Gringos.
It wasn't directed at any of you in particular and it certainly wasn't about me bragging about myself.
Personally, I think that the P-nche gringo part hit the nail on the head in a number of cases on here. Especially considering the private messages I received in support. From people that actually live here and not just spend vacations while trying to pretend they know about Baja.
All I have to do is say something about gringos and the humphreville hens all chime in with support. I notice they will all be going to the same place for their vacations too. What a coincidence.
Whether you "Baja Ofishyonadas" want to argue, misinterpret, or deny that what I am saying is true can't be helped. You don't live here or even have a clue.
Threatening to not bring donations seems a little ridiculous though because it's me saying it, not the recipients of the gifts.
Let me guess, because I have had an ongoing project to clean up the trash, you mental giants will start littering again to teach me a lesson.:lol:
This does not apply to everyone and I really don't understand why it's always the same people who get so mad about me stating facts.
Unless of course, what I say does apply to them.
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2004 at 09:00 PM
Ugly Americans

I like BOLA. I like to meet my friends that travel and live there. I have made this trip, New Years to Bahia de los Angeles, for many years. I have travelled Baja for more than 35 years. I may not have seen all of her beauty, as I travel now, in a motorhome and do have some limitations, but I still enjoy those places I can make it to.
I am an American and Love my country. I would gladly give my life in her defense. I don't talk "down" to anyone. I "help out" those who are in need, emotionally, physically and financially, regardless of their nationality or color. I don't brag about these things. I have never asked for anything in return. I have never asked for recognition of my gernerosities. Maybe I need to, too stave off the Stigma of "Ugly Americans". We, "Americans" do so much for so many and receive so little in return. Most of us don't deserve the Stinging title of "Ugly American". I'm beginning to wonder if I have done the right thing by my generosity. I'd like to think that I'm not a "P-nche Gringo". I'd like to think that the Stigma of "Ugly American" is losing steam. Someday, maybe somebody will again say "Thanks to America" and my old ears won't hear that ugly phrase again.

Rant over.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.