BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: the oct 3-5 gonzo fly-in, any still going?
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2003 at 09:55 AM
fly-in

I think you are so right Mexflyer. Having been to Alfonsinas several times I know they do very well most times but think this will be pretty hard for them. Just a personal in-put as you say!
Yes, they may have a problem with food & drink and service I'm sure! They do thier best but crowds are very hard!!!:(
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-4-2003 at 10:22 AM
BBP ARE ONLY STAYING ONE NITE

should not be a problem except for anyone that wants a room fri - sold out. sat is clear and camping is wherever. i might stay fri in PSFO and pop over to alfis late a.m. after the BBP has blasted off.:bounce:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2003 at 12:19 PM
this just in from BBP central.

In the interest of safety as well as overtaxing services at Alfonsina's on the BBP's "Explore the Sea of Cortez" trip on October 3, we will not be staying at Alfonsina's Friday night. Those on the trip should expect the trip letter about two weeks prior to the trip.

this gesture exemplifies what a class act the BBP are.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

Baja Ma

[*] posted on 9-4-2003 at 10:40 PM
Oct fly in

Just not in the cards yet as we plan to be camping in San Felipe around the 1st week in Oct. But sooner or later we'll get to meet you all!! :yes:
One day soon!!
Baja Ma.
Brandi
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2003 at 09:15 AM

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I will be forwarning Irma & Antonio (which if the rooms are sold out, they are already expecting a crowd) to expect even more people. I'll be driving, so if they need more supplies, I'll be happy to bring them with me. See you soon!:spingrin:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2003 at 12:40 PM
brandi - the BBP has cancelled

so they cancelled all of the rooms (the whole place was reserved for the BBP). which means they will have the ability to sell out to others now. may see you down there fri. or sat .
later!

Mexflyer

[*] posted on 9-5-2003 at 03:34 PM
Baja Bush Pilots trip, Oct 3rd

After a quick chat with the fine folks at the Baja Bush Pilots they have moved back to the Bay of LA friday night, Serinidad Saturday, and over ty Guymas on Sunday night.. FYI

Anyone ever done Central America with the BBP? They have a heck of a trip posted www.bajabushpilots.com
Any input?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2003 at 05:39 AM
BBP cenam trips

several of my friends have done those with "El Jefe". He does an outstanding job managing a most difficult logistic. If you can swing the cost its well worth the experience. I will do it one day. I have flown myself solo to Yucatan, almost got to Gualamata. Next time i'll make it to Beleze.

bonanza bucko
Senior Nomad

Mood: Airport Bum

cool.gif posted on 9-7-2003 at 08:16 AM
Comms with Alfonsina's

Does anyone know if the new Sat Phone system which is supposed to include a fax for reservations at Alfy's cantina is complete? Last trip down there in late July they had completed the cement block switching station and were starting to lay lines in PVC to the cantina and the gas estacion out across from Rodriguez's Rancho Grande. It sure would be nice to get to talk to Antonio y Erma about loading up on more camarones grandes for the 10-3 to 5 Bash.

Brandi: Have you been down there lately?

Capt. Mike...nice work re the BBPs.
Brandi
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2003 at 11:08 AM

Bucko -
Drove down with Heather in late July and that ugly electronic gizmo was up and a fence around it, but not operational yet. What an eyesore! See you in October!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2003 at 04:40 PM
sounds like a festiva grande is in the works

sure hope i can make it! Brandi, save me a spot in front of your lot!

anyone know Dave from Paladin aviation at Brown field? he has a new palapa lease from rod riguez at rancho grande.

bonanza bucko
Senior Nomad

Mood: Airport Bum

cool.gif posted on 9-8-2003 at 05:04 PM
Alfonsina's sat phone

Brandi et al: ....totally agree that the new building and fence are ugly. I also kinda doubt the underground coax is gonna last long under all that salt water.

Re the fence: It's 12 feet high and has razor wire on top of that. The gate is locked with a chain and a big, big lock. Only problema is that the gate is on hinges that can be removed with a pliers and they were installed upside down so the wind blew the gate open. But nobody would fix it because the fence and the sat phone system belonged to the big company that is far, far away.....no matter that the new phone system will greatly benefit all the businesses there and some have wanted it for a long time....you don't touch something that belongs to the Padrone!

That's Mexico and it will be that way forever.

Good.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2003 at 07:05 AM
just keeping this alive until.....

i'm up in the air over this - its competing with one at PSFO same weekend....who'd a thunk? 2 killer venues - can't decide which/where to go.... fun times and friends at both, ........helppppp!!!

Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2003 at 11:28 AM
Gonzaga

Mary Ann and I are planning on stopping off for a night in San Felipe (Thurs-Fri Oct 1-2) and then doing Gonzaga over the weekend and then on to Bahia de Los Angeles. However, if no one is hooking up at Alfonsinas, maybe we'll go straight to Bahia????? Who is still planning on Gonzaga over that weekend????
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.