Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 05:43 PM
God Bless You Randy Mac!!

Mac and others on this Thread:

1. God
2.Family
3. Country

JR. You have still not learned from the Mountain People! I still think that you should go up in the Mountains for at least 6 months.Think{How can I learn Compassion from these good People?}

Mac. your story reminds me of many people I have met while involved in my Minestry of helping People find their way and improving their Lives. God has many ways of gettin peoples attention, sometimes Pain is used,You cannot run away from Life, we all must face it on a Daily Basis, from the Hobo in the Street to the President.
When I finally learned Compassion from some Mexicano Friends I became a new person with a Purpose in Life which lead me back to Christainity.
Faith Hope and Chairty

Skeet/Loreto

Pray or become Prey
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 07:07 PM
Skeetster!! How are you my friend?

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Pray or become Prey

Been spending a few hours at this Irish Galeic stuff for old times sake. My Gran always wanted me to learn the language. Perhaps I will one day. Brings back many beautiful childhood memories.

'Is nios congarach cunamh De na an doras' Pronounced as: 'Iss nee-us cone-gar-uck coo-nav djay naw on dur-as'

Translates to: 'Gods' Help is nearer than the door'.

-----
Skeet: Remember back when we first struck a chord with each other on Nomad back in Feb 2004? The formation of a friendship was kindled.

Spent some time at my cousins since that time, and it was as if it was all meant to be. A time to reconnect.

My cousin and his wife told me they used to be real party animals, and then 10 years ago they decided to make some life changes. When I visited, they asked me if I wanted to go to church on a Saturday afternoon for an hour. I was reluctant at first, and didn't know what to expect, but decided, 'Why not.'

On the way to the church I mentioned you Skeet, how our friendship began, and your suggestion that I might go to church. They asked what was holding me back. I won't get into the details of all that, but I will say this. It was a most enjoyable experience. And I started to reflect more about what is truly important in life.

Fun, laughter, happiness all around, and people were just happy to be in each others' presense.

I even sang. Imagine that? You should have seen my cousin's face and his wife's face. The Macster knew all the words. My cheeks got all rosey and I could carry a tune.

On the way home, they asked me of my thoughts. I just beamed and smiled all the way home and into the night. Had many a thought provoking conversations with my cousin Bruce after that. I stay in touch more now, and make it a point to focus more time for the little things that brings smiles to my heart. Never thought I would say that having beers with the boys isn't so important, but it isn't. Of course I visit my buds, but drink water instead. They understand that I have Type 2 diabeties, and they don't give me a hard time.

Even though I haven't gone to church since, (not much for being around lots of people) I do cherish the time between 4:00 and 5:00 on Saturdays, or the equivalent if I'm in another time zone. No matter where I am I find the time to reflect and pray. I don't have to physically be in Edmonton with my cousin, his wonderful wife, and their grandchildren to sing with the congregation of fine people.

I just need to remember to take a moment out and reflect, beam and smile during that time. I'm with them, they are in my toughts, and it feels good to me. So I'm not gonna question it.

Thus: 'Is nios congarach cunamh De na an doras'

God Bless You Skeetster. We'll meet one day my friend.

RandyMac

==============================================
Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 1-12-2005 at 08:04 PM
reminds me of this very important quote...

No matter what I think after reading some of the posts JR.

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it."
Voltaire, (Attributed); originated in "The
Friends of Voltaire", 1906, by S. G. Tallentyre
(Evelyn Beatrice Hall)

RandyMac

==============================================
Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.