Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: boxing stuff?! arrived! new pics
RenoJoe
Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-21-2016 at 10:50 PM

Blanca, I will try to help with your request. With a good coach I believe there will be no problem. I wish I had a coach when I was a kid. I will be in B.A. at the end of the month.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2016 at 11:08 PM

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

now that is right on RenoJoe! thanks

The kids in La Bocana are actually quite resourceful and maybe I should post more info and photos about what they do to raise cash. My bad. Car washes are quite popular as the locals are keen to maintain all vehicles crystal clean at all times. The high school seniors are doing these all week to raise money for a senior trip.

There is easily one item per week per school (4) being raffled: cell phones being the most popular item raffled off. The most recent raffle was to raise money for the school scholarship program and I bought two and I just pray I win that house in La Paz (first prize) but I am not holding my breath.

Food food food is another biggie- last weekend two kids came around with strawberries and cream. I always buy enough for whomever is selling and myself (duh) and we sit down and eat together! They LOVE coming to our house! These two just wanted to raise a little cash for pocket money and mom was helping them out.

So, getting back to the boxing equipment - we are so far away from any store, being that we are in the boondocks of Baja, there is no way we could ever get boxing stuff without help. so, thanks for the trying RenoJoe!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2016 at 03:09 PM

well RenoJoe has absolutely made me grateful today. I was hoping for gently used boxing gear and what did he do? He bought and brought down some a m a z I n g stuff for the boxers!

and I want to thank Shari in Asuncion who took the bags over to the high school so that it could be then brought to La Bocana last night!

and thanks to my college student Andres, who had his girlfriend pick up the bags after night school in Asuncion, she then went by bus to Punta Prieta, where he picked her and bags up. Talk about a challenge.

Thanks thanks thanks Joe.

I will be stopping by the boxing training facility when we get back from La Paz in a week, to see how it is set up. I just found out where it was a couple days ago.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-30-2016 at 03:19 PM

Excellent!!!

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 07:21 AM

points for the + side of the karma ledger!

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 08:21 AM

Good thing our boxing team didnt catch wind that I had some new gear in my hands for a few hours....jejejeje....your kids are gonna be really stylin now...and safer too. We have a very active boxing team here in Asuncion who travel to fights all over the peninsula and just got back from TJ where they did very well.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2016 at 05:15 PM

great! glad they did well. I want to visit the boxing training area in Bocana when we get back into town.

Come visit La Bocana

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.