BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Time for a change of sites..?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-31-2005 at 07:04 PM

Hey, that's me on my avatar!:lol::lol::lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 3-31-2005 at 07:46 PM

...and me on mine!

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 3-31-2005 at 08:12 PM

not me on mine:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

academicanarchist
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2005 at 06:34 AM
what to do

I have been posting here for a while, and there is a great deal of good information and good posts. The simple solution is to avoid the off topic area, and stick to the Baja posts. And Grover, still like reading your posts off of the off topic forum.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 4-1-2005 at 08:25 AM
Not a simple solution

AA, with all due respect, avoiding the Off Topic does not avoid the ugly stuff.
THEY (and THEY know who THEY are) have corrupted the General Discussion topics as well.
Gotta get better or the good folk are gonna get outta Dodge.

Baja Arriba!!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-1-2005 at 08:39 AM

But, just hit the report post button if you see junk by anyone... and then give Doug or the moderators a day to see the posts and delete or move them to Off Topic. Don't run away because you see junk or fighting here... That would only please and empower those who come here to cause trouble.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajadtodebone
Junior Nomad

Mood: baja dreamin'

[*] posted on 4-1-2005 at 03:27 PM
Forum Decorum

I too am disappointed in the quality of postings. "Just ignore the bad apples and they will go away" is not going to do it, there are too many of them. It has been a lesson for me to have monitored this site for the past few months. I used to read it daily, to the extent my wife thought I had a mistress. But you are right, it has gottenjust plain depressing wading through all the "stuff" polluting the thing. Now I look in from time to time to see if things have gotten better.
(they haven't.) The times I have been in the Baja I have met and seen two distinct types of people: those who truely appreciate the place and respect the rights of others doing the same thing; and those who think the whole place is their personal playground, having no respect for the local residents (both US and Mexican) or the enviornment. (I am not a tree hugger). They come complete with loud, sick music , too much booze and false bravado. They drive their dirt bikes, ATV's and 4x4 all over the place with no regard for safety, serenity, or compassion for the others of us who go there if for no other reason than to get away from the self-indulging missing links who represent a disaringly large percentage of the population of the North side of the border. If we could only come up with a filter that could catch 'em at the border maybe we could apply it to this site and return it to the people who really are Nomads. Said enough!! :mad::(
bajaloco
Nomad

Mood: wishin I was fishin

[*] posted on 4-1-2005 at 05:02 PM
Well Put...

I have been a long time member whom usually sits on his hands, trying not to reply to some of the posts. Even as I type this I feel it's falling on deaf ears and only those in the crowd with too much to say will be heard. This board serves a very useful and entertaining purpose, we should all be grateful to have it. It's a melting pot of personalities, many of whom contribute genuine info while others just like to hear themselves talk. Come up with a way to filter posts to the users preference. Ultra Nomads could talk till there blue in the face....:lol::lol:

Carry an Organ Donor card. You could save someone\'s life... http://www.organdonor.gov
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 4-4-2005 at 12:04 PM

I am sitting here laughing my flipping arse of at you people. This discussion has been going on since the chicken coupers took over amigo's. There is no solution to your problems on the internet. Things are not black and white. People are not all good, or all bad. You can either join the fun, or sit back and whine about it.:lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2005 at 12:07 PM

Aren't they sumthin MeNo? hahahahhaha Do you still have a trailer? I may need to haul some things south pretty soon. Any chance of you guys coming along?
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 4-4-2005 at 12:17 PM

Damn, there you are. Yes. I still have it and the offer is good.

I just returned from Cantu this mourning, Left at 1:30 am, made it to Vegas by 8. I noticed on the way North the broke ground on the new Costco just south of Ensenada. Damn, LA bay look out.

I will be back the 13th. When you going to be North? I will start collecting donations. I'm keeping it short because I know you are online now. Let me know what is happening, I'll wait.:moon:
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.