Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Interesting science
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2023 at 06:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

Once again, you are dragging into an idiotic argument, your point was that elephants are different mammals, but they are not, they breathe air from the surface, just like other mammals, unlike fish.

You are the one who made an idiotic statement- that I "misunderstood" something, as if I'm a marooon, which you are continuing to do, now to whom it needs to be explained that mammals need to breathe surface air.

And no, my point was not that elephants are "different" mammals. Got that wrong, too. I just think it's cool that elephants can swim long distances underwater because they have a built-in snorkel.
Mammals are all different in various respects, obviously.

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2023 at 06:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Maderita  
Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Elephants are the only mammal I can think of that can swim underwater without having to keep its head above water or come up for air.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Cousteau

Well, of course humans can do all sorts of things using equipment they have developed that they wouldn't be able to do otherwise. That wasn't what I was referring to.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
10-3-2023 at 06:51 PM
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.