BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  12
Author: Subject: Hwy. 5 pavement south of Gonzaga Bay Reports (2007 to 2016 added)
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 11-25-2015 at 06:03 PM

I truly apologize to those I have offended for finding Mr. M. Ged's comments delightfully sarcastic and with humor with the intent to lightly prod DK for his political/climatological beliefs, and make an obtuse point in the process. If I have offended anyone, I am deeply sorry. Some hopefully got the original intent..... I personally invite all of you to surf El Conejo or Todos Santos for Thanksgiving.

I'm signing up for a PC class on Monday.

Meantime, how 'bout that road, eh?

[Edited on 11-26-2015 by bajabuddha]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-25-2015 at 06:18 PM

BB,
Glad someone gets it..... :light:

Have fun surfin.... and please take notes in that class....

As for the road.....it will be quicker and less hassle....but have to say....sure glad I rode it at least 20 times when it was "Oh sh-t" dips, and bad road from Puertecitos to the highway at Laguna Chapala.

I loved to hate it each and every time....with Coco's being the highlight.

I sure hope Coco's doesn't suffer from loss of traffic...

Don't believe everything you think....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-25-2015 at 06:41 PM

I know some of you really think you got me figured out, as if it matters. It doesn't matter at all what I think or what you think. However, my way of thinking doesn't take anything away from you compared to the opposite, which greatly takes away from others.

For the record, what I believe (if it matters):

1) Climate Change is NORMAL, NATURAL, and happens WITHOUT MAN even being here. So yes, I believe in climate change BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN happening since time began, and long before the burning of fossil fuels or farting of cattle. There was no man-made global warming and that they had to change the name is even proof of that.

2) The Sea Levels are changing and have changed long ago... just like the elevation of landforms changes from plate tectonics and volcanism.

3) That the rate of these natural changes in climate or sea level can be ALTERED by man or by government raising taxes is not even good science. Man is not greater than Nature or God. Sure we can mess things up, but all get fixed NATURALLY, usually in short order.

4) That the change in sea level will suddenly change from an inch or so every hundred years to several feet is also phoney science used to spread fear and justify a loss of freedom and increase in taxes.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2015 at 06:51 PM

spot on david!....it doesn't matter at all!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2015 at 06:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

Happy Thanksgiving willardguy!:cool:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2015 at 06:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

Happy Thanksgiving willardguy!:cool:

gracias!
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2015 at 07:17 PM

The only thing I have seen fixed in short order by nature has taken the form of a natural disaster. Tsunami's clean things up pretty well. whoops they deposit their mess else where.

[Edited on 11-26-2015 by rts551]
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 11-25-2015 at 08:04 PM

I know some of you really think you got me figured out, as if it matters. It doesn't matter at all what I think or what you think. However, my way of thinking doesn't take anything away from you compared to the opposite, which greatly takes away from others.

1) Climate Change is NORMAL, NATURAL, and happens WITHOUT MAN even being here. So yes, I believe in climate change BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN happening since time began, and long before the burning of fossil fuels or farting of cattle. There was no man-made global warming and that they had to change the name is even proof of that.

2) The Sea Levels are changing and have changed long ago... just like the elevation of landforms changes from plate tectonics and volcanism.

3) That the rate of these natural changes in climate or sea level can be ALTERED by man or by government raising taxes is not even good science. Man is not greater than Nature or God. Sure we can mess things up, but all get fixed NATURALLY, usually in short order.

4) That the change in sea level will suddenly change from an inch or so every hundred years to several feet is also phoney science used to spread fear and justify a loss of freedom and increase in taxes.

Once again, it's all about YOU, isn't it? Did you know Carly personally? Maybe you're the #3 guy......

:lol:

QUICK EDIT: THAT'S A JO-... AH SAY, THAT'S A JOKE, SON !! :lol:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-25-2015 at 09:38 PM

Meanwhile, back on the road.....

Don't believe everything you think....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2015 at 09:54 PM

Cool photo Ged. You can see Isla el Muerto in the background.

CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2015 at 05:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

Once again, it's all about YOU, isn't it? Did you know Carly personally? Maybe you're the #3 guy......

:lol:

QUICK EDIT: THAT'S A JO-... AH SAY, THAT'S A JOKE, SON !! :lol:

That's why he is Special K

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2015 at 06:00 PM

Interesting who gets worked-up because I use real science (observations) and not some wild predictions of what has not happened, but might 30-100 years from now (long after the provider of the fantasy prediction is gone or forgotten).

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2015 at 07:15 PM

Interesting who gets worked-up because I use real science (observations) and not some wild predictions of what has not happened, but might 30-100 years from now (long after the provider of the fantasy prediction is gone or forgotten).

Here come the palm trees! Please someone explain to David what science is. He obviously did not pay attention during class.

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2015 at 07:51 PM

At the risk of being strung up +1 DK

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2015 at 08:20 PM
Up to my eyeballs

30,000 years ago if you were where you are now, you'd be up to your eyeballs in ice. Was it global warming caused by internal combustion engines that melted all that ice? or even possibly a natural evolution of climate? or just what caused all that ice to melt? moonbeams?

John M
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 11-28-2015 at 08:22 PM

+2
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2015 at 08:38 PM

Thank you for being brave amigos!

larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 08:20 AM

It is so true that the climate has changed many times, but those changes took hundreds of thousands if not millions of years. So slowly that life was able to adapt and carry on. What we are seeing now is happening way too fast for most life to adapt. Ma nature doesn't need a shove from man to change the climate but it seems we are shoving none the less. Oh well at least I got to experience the good times.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 10:34 AM

What's so bad about today??
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 10:50 AM

The Chargers will lose, sadly.....

Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  12

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.