Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Baja Cactus Event
Satellite Man
Junior Nomad

Mood: :bounce:

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 10:22 AM

Bravo Antonio and family!!!

This event was an excellent example of hospitality and honest friendship of the Mexican people.

It was an amazing experience, for myself and Kelly, to meet you all in person. I think the diversity of the people parallels the diversity that makes Baja unique and that?s what I like about Baja Nomads and Baja.

One of my favorite parts was the door prize giveaway. The reaction of the prizewinners was priceless. Ted Donovan and his blue dolphin bag was a sight to be seen.

I had many people ask me questions about the satellite prints. Please, feel free to drop me a line if you have any more questions.

I would also like to thank BajaNomad for putting the board together and posting all the pictures. Because of this board I have had the opportunity to be part of the BajaCactus Cultural Fiesta and to meet great people like Antonio, David K and all the other Baja Nomads.

Once again, Antonio and his family deserve a warm round of applause?????
:bounce:

Got to Surf!!
Visit my Baja Satellite image art at: http://www.satprints.com
Baja Red
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 10:52 AM
Great Gathering

I also forward my thanks to Antonio and his family. I will second what jrbaja wrote. Seeing people eye to eye and actually talking to them makes all the difference in the world. Especially knowing that we all have a common denominator....The Love for Baja. Putting the "faces" with the screen names was a good thing. I did not get to meet all of you but really enjoyed talking to the ones that I did get to meet. What a great group of people. Whodat...I am sorry that I did not get a chance to say good-bye and shake your hand but Leslie and I had to meet some friends downtown. I am looking forward to the next event or gathering in Baja. Until then....Baja Red & Leslie
LOVE2GO2BAJA

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 11:11 AM

THANK YOU ANTONIO, YOUR MOST GRACIOUS FAMILY, DAVID K. AND EVERYONE ELSE INVOLVED WITH PUTTING TOGETHER THE BAJA CACTUS EVENT FOR AN UNFORGETTABLE TIME. IT WAS GREAT EXPERIENCE TO MEET SO MANY OTHER BAJA ENTHUSIASTS, REITERATING THE FACT THAT ALONG WITH ALL THE MAGNIFICIENT PLACES TO SEE AND EXPERIENCE IN BAJA, IT'S ALSO THE PEOPLE THAT YOU MEET IN BAJA THAT MAKE IT SO UNFORGETTABLY SPECIAL.
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 11:28 AM

Hi Everyone....I just got home. I stayed at Mom's in Rosarito. I was so stuffed with all that good food, there was no way I could have driven home last night!

There is not much more I can add to all the accolades to Antonio and his family for hosting such a great event. You really "went all out" for us. THANK YOU!

It was fun to introduce my mother to "my tribe" (as Marla once called us) and she was thrilled to win a stay at BajaCactus Motel. She will use it in her travels to their home in Gonzaga.

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 03:16 PM
A great big THANK YOU

Thanks Antonio JR and SR. David K thanks for all the time and effort you put into this event also. My husband and I had a wonderful time at your BajaCactus Fiesta. I'd like to just ditto what everyone else has stated ,it was fantastic. Thank you Thank you. Hope to see you again soon in El Rosario we will be your neighbors from San Quintin. It was great getting to put faces to the people I'm with daily. Jessie and love2go2baja and fishrich we enjoyed meeting you and hope you'll visit us at Pyramid Resort sometime in the near future.Keri and Mike:spingrin::tumble::bounce:
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 05:28 PM

Muchas gracias to Antonio and his wife Loraine (sic?) also his dad for all the work they did. I enjoyed myself greatly and will save the special tequila for the tequila tasting next year at Keri's (maybe--no promises hee hee). I also want to tell you all something to NOT DO! DON"T accidentally get in the SENTRI lane as we did Sunday night and not be able to get out! They sent us to secondary and made us cool our heels for 45 minutes--THEN made us go back into MExico and get back in the customs line again. AAARGH! My babysitter was coming unglued we were so late and I couldn't use my cellfone to call her. Well if I ever see anything that says SENTRI again I will run like hell.

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 07:08 PM

The festival at the cultural center was Outstanding.......an event to remember.

....taxi from border 5 min $5...to the border taxi 5 min $5...walk across 5 min
No problems.... :lol::lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 09:25 PM
New Friends to Visit

Tracy and I enjoyed ourselves as well. As some of you may know, we are getting married in Baja this coming October (another excuse for a trip) near Elias Calles (between Todos Santos and Cabo). We are taking 12 days to visit friends and to celebrate along the way. This will be our first hotel trip with no camping. We had our hotels planned out but now are trying to figure out a way to fit the Baja Cactus Hotel in along the way. Anotonio and family are wonderful and we'd enjoy sitting down and sharing some stories together. Thanks to everyone for making this great event happen.

Zac
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 09:35 PM
Zac......are we all invited?

MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 10:44 PM
Baja Cactus Cultural Fiesta!!

I wanted to throw in my "two cents" also. My father-in-law, Bob Grant, and I had a great time sunday.

Thanks so much Antonio (and family) for making us feel so welcome and putting on such a fantastic event. If you do something like this again, I don't think you'll have enough seats! Everything was wonderful.

It was very nice meeting all the other Baja Aficionados that I did and I wish I would have met the rest of you. Great time.

Hope you'll all participate in the Baja Talk Radio show and any calls are extremely welcome.

Way to go Antonio (thanks to you also David and Ray)!! I'll be in touch soon,
Ted

[Edited on 8-24-2004 by MexicoTed]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 11:17 PM

Good meeting you Ted! Perhaps I will give you a call next Tuesday as tomorrow's show sounds complete...

When my seasonal (irrigation) business slows down during wet months, I would be happy to come to your studio for a show about the missions, El Camino Real, or the old pre-pavement days.

We need Mike Humfreville on your show too... That episode could be titled "Jack? I don't need no stinkin' jack!" or "Baja on 2 boxes of wine per day"... I think you need to read some of the past posts over the last couple of years to appreciate the comedy here!

I also think J.R. ('jrbaja') would be an interesting guest... he was a major player in the Titanic movie prodution set crew and ran a display of Titanic artifacts in Rosarito after filming was completed. Heck, most of the Baja Nomads would make good guests!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Markitos
Nomad

Mood: let me check

[*] posted on 8-24-2004 at 05:53 AM

Like I said before YOU GUYS ROCK!!
Antonio, you and your familey are some mighty hard workers. The event surley took me by surprize, so well planed and executed WOW! And a nicer bunch of gringos will not be found! So nice to meet all of you.
Thanks Again Markitos

All that wonder are not lost
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2004 at 07:31 AM
That might be fun David

except it's kinda old news. Do you think they might be interested in people that actually travel, explore and know the people of Baja on a daily basis?
Naw, probably not!:lol::lol::lol:
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2004 at 09:13 AM
Debra

What do you think? We're Amigos, right?!

October 22, 2004 @ 4:30pm at Cocina Pacifica www.cocinapacifica.com

Zac

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2004 at 12:39 PM
Yee Haw!

Can we move the dates for the scavenger trip to share in Joy of the wedding of Zak and his bride? It would only be a little move of dates......(I feel another month in Baja coming on, :biggrin:)
bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 8-24-2004 at 12:45 PM

Whoo Hooo! What a fiesta! My family, my friends and I all had a wonderful time. Many thanks to Antonio, et.al. for a super event. I agree with Jr that one day was just not enough time! And while the movies and the cultural center were outstanding in their own right, it was the connection with the other nomads that made this event one that will be fondly remembered. And what a hoot the door prizes were! I was so stoked to win one of Satellite Man's images! Thanks Armand. Thanks also to all the other nomads who made this such a great way to spend a day. I look forward to seeing you all again on trips to Baja.

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel
Satellite Man
Junior Nomad

Mood: :bounce:

[*] posted on 8-24-2004 at 04:09 PM

Thanks bajaandy!

I wish I could have contributed more. Maybe, if business is doing well next year, I could have something special for all involved!!

Got to Surf!!
Visit my Baja Satellite image art at: http://www.satprints.com
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 8-24-2004 at 07:40 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!

Thank you everyone for your kind and nice comments about our Fiesta last sunday!!!

We feel very honor and happy because a lot of people attended....specially those of you who made an impressive and long drive to come to Tijuana for only one day.....

We would like for everyone to know that we felt much joy when we saw your happy faces enjoying what we worked so hard putting up for you..... that was our big reward...!!!:yes::yes::yes:

It is important that you all know that this event could not been made possible without the direct and indirect help of some good friends like Vinicio Camacho (the musician who performed for us), Doug who has this board up and running so we can all communicate, the staff of the Tijuana Cultural Center who gave us an excellent support: Olimpya, Ixchetl, Elena, Jose, Alexandra and our guides Josue and Miriam....Thank you very much!!!

And last......of course.... DAVID K.....you were awesome my friend... now I know why you are call "The Baja Connection"... you help and support on this Fiesta was nothing less than extraordinary... we THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all your support and help...!!!..... :bounce::bounce::bounce:

In behalf of my father and my wife, and the staff of BajaCactus, we THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH for coming to the BajaCactus Cultural Fiesta 2004!!!

:spingrin::bounce::tumble::yes:

We met a lot of friends... now face to face....it was great.... For all the friends who were not able to make it... there will be more fiestas in the near future... hopefully we will be able to meet then....

Thanks again everyone...

Antonio M.

P.S. Neal Johns..... say hello to your wife for me.....;D.....:saint:

[Edited on 8-25-2004 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 8-24-2004 at 08:39 PM

Antonio jr., sr, wife, and all listed in the above post: Thank you very much for a very enjoyable day in Tijuana. I enjoyed seeing old faces and making new Baja friends. Your generosity created a fantastic day, one which I won't forget. I appreciate all the hard work and long hours that it must have taken to organize an event of that magnitude.

I was so impressed by the professionalism, the details! And thanks to your wife for the Mexican candy. It was an interesting assortment.

I must admit that the odds are very low that I ever would have gone to the Cultural Center museum, gardens, and IMAX. I am so glad that you provided an opportunity as you did for all of us.

It was a pleasure to meet you and your family and friends. Please tell your dad hello for me.

Neal: Thanks for the book. I know you made sure I won it because I'm wife #1.

Border crossing: 10 minutes on foot, then back to Orange County where I'm stranded until my vehicle is out of the shop.

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2004 at 08:57 PM
Wonderful time

Barbara and I got home this afternoon and read the many messages about the festivities this past Sunday. We, also, would like to thank Antonio and his family, David K, and also acknowledge the great museum staff, as well as say that we agree that the dinner was a great way to end the evening. We are happy to have met so many other Baja fans. John Marnell
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.