Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  7
Author: Subject: Help Save The Todos Santos Sand Dunes
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 09:49 AM
I sincerely doubt

that he has any Mexican friends, misguided or not. But, he is following the path of all newbie gringo dogooders and trying to help a gringo community in a very gringo way.

I'm pretty sure that these "save the something" projects that the gringos seem to need does not involve any of the local folks, if there are still any that can even afford to live there now.

[Edited on 6/4/2005 by jrbaja]
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
that he has any Mexican friends, misguided or not. But, he is following the path of all newbie gringo dogooders and trying to help a gringo community in a very gringo way.

I'm pretty sure that these "save the something" projects that the gringos seem to need does not involve any of the local folks, if there are still any that can even afford to live there now.

[Edited on 6/4/2005 by jrbaja]

What does any of this have to do with protecting a piece of the environment? I think everyone is reading way too much into this post. From what I gathered, someone posted about potential development on the dunes near TS. The poster does not agree with this location of development. What is the frickin' big deal?

Quit smoking the bamboo JR...

By the way, I do have many friends in the area...both Gringo and locals.

Zac

BajaRescue
Junior Nomad

Mood: Undecided

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
newbie gringo dogooders trying to help a gringo community in a very gringo way.

So I guess the issue really is all about me after all? Then my bad

[Edited on 6-5-2005 by BajaRescue]
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRescue
Quote:
newbie gringo dogooders trying to help a gringo community in a very gringo way.

So I guess the issue really is all about me after all? Then my bad

Save the TS sand dunes!!!! All Nomads need to take a sackful home when leaving Baja.

[Edited on 6-5-2005 by The Gull]

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
BajaRescue
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2005 at 10:18 PM

Sandbaggers!
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 08:58 AM

Welcome to Baja Nomad, Baja Rescue!![/b

Now you know why there are so many of us who do not even try to post our thoughts!!
I truly understand what you are saying and value your contribution to the community of Todos Santos. We have been kept informed about what is happening will also try to do what we can to support, not only the wishes of the gingo's living in Todos Santos, but also those of our Mexican neighbors.

Please don't stop posting...there are hundreds of Nomads who are reading, and want to be informed.
pokey
Nomad

Mood: sun burned

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 09:36 AM

Unfortunately..... In this day and age, anyone who expresses concerns about depelopment taking place in ecologically sensitive areas. Or depelopment in hurricane zones. Or where water for the future communities is going to come from. Is immediately dismissed as a card carrying liberal, commie, feminist wacko.

Then...When the chit hits the fan and the wells go salty, the hurricanes blow down the houses, the beaches errode away, the houses fall down the sides of cliffs, the beaches become contaminated. They run to the govt and ask for money to pay for the their lack of foresight..... Then ask for a tax cut.
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 09:56 AM
Silence of the dead

Marie-Rose....
"Now you know why there are so many of us who do not even try to post our thoughts!!?

What? Hun?!

This is the real world. Not some TV. Drama where all agrees or disagrees with one's thoughts. The reality of Baja Rescue's post is this: 851 lookies from the members / he learned about group action charters / the posted website he was offering got hit many more times from the public / he even got new support! Not even to say anything about ?nurture the bow wows? Website and group he belongs to?got publicized immensely.
For you (Marie-Rose) that complain of "many of us who do not even try to post our thoughts" is indeed doing the social crime. You'll never get anything done by being the quiet majority! Get off you Easy Chair and become a voice! Whether it?s negative or positive?a voice is far better than silence! Voice allows debate, decisions with both sides of a story, advancements of a viewpoint! If you get your panties wet because someone goes against you and that disables you?.well?go back to your Easy Chair and have silent representation.
Had Baja Rescue never posted on this forum?. most of us would have never heard about the problems in his hometown! SO WHAT if a a few of us knocked him around! It helped! I don?t have a clue what your problems are in YOUR hometown from your silence! No need to rescue this guy?s post?rescue yourself from silence!
Perhaps it is timidity that prevents many a person from standing squarely on their own philosophy and uttering nothing less than the highest truth they perceive. One has fears at the loss of friends or position. Actually, the danger lies in the other direction, in settling for less than one's best judgment.

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
BajaRescue
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 10:12 AM

Hey Marie-Rose, thanks for the vote.

But, really, greetz to all the Nomads for posting a view, pro or con.

yankeeirishman is spot on about debate, the exposure this thread got and the advice I got, and that wasn't lost on me.

Whether you're for or against development on the dunes in Mexico or anywhere else for that matter, whether you've lived here for years or not, this group had a chance to pick and choose from all sides and post their own point if they wanted. That's the way it is and I wouldn't want it any different.

I'll admit this is one tough bunch on this board, but every "newbie" gets a frat hazing until they get catch the way the wind blows. Hey, I run a board, too, so I know all about that. Just didn't want the dissing to blow the thread totally off topic...
BajaRescue
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 10:31 AM

And JrBaja, I need to answer your question about my friends, although this is again mostly off topic.

Alhough, I also think it's silly/wrong to make the distinction between the two groups, we have made many Mexican friends and many Gringo friends in the short time we've lived here. Most of the people we have met in TS, especially Mexicans, are some of the nicest, friendliest people we've ever known, here or anywhere else.

Our Mexican partners are local builders and they care about what happens with the dunes. People leading the charge to stop this particular project are Mexicans. Call Sergio (another Mexican) and talk to him. In case you missed it, his phone number is in my first post. He can give you a long list of all the TS Mexicans involved in this effort. Their efforts will ultimately carry a lot more weight than any bunch of Gringos here for sure. But we all do what we can for our community.

Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 10:32 AM

Right on Yankeeirishman. I do need to keep that in mind...and will. Obviously Baja Rescue does not need me to "Rescue" him!!:tumble:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 11:33 AM
The way I see it

is that if some don't have the backbone to stand up for what they believe in, vamanos panochas! Go back to your desperate housewife life. And that is not intended as an insult to women as there are probably more men on this board who make up the chicken coup groupers!

And Rescue, sounds like you are doing what you believe in with the help of people that matter, (Mexicans). And you didn't weasle out of the conversation like the coup groupers tend to do. Good on ya Amigo!
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 11:35 AM
NEWS FLASH! "BajaRescue becomes Irish"!

Yes...that's thy ol' rumble tumble rolly polly talk, Mr BajaRescue ! You last post has bite. Jrbaja is a great guy with good meaning, if you can read what he is REALLY sayin' about Baja. He makes sense to me...in every post. The Arf Arf's dont like him though:lol:

Marie-Rose
Are you Irish now too? GooD! Now type away me' Lady!

[Edited on 6-5-2005 by yankeeirishman]

BajaRescue
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 11:52 AM

You mean I get a stripe, or a badge, a shirt or something? cool!
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 12:07 PM
The yard boss

BajaRescue
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 12:31 PM

Hey, how many posts to earn a BajaNomad Forum Decoder Ring? I want to know what Members are really saying...

eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 12:43 PM
if you knew exactly what

everyone met on an internet chat board such as this one,i have a feeling this whole business might start getting a little boring...its kinda like a song you hear and sing along to,does it really matter if youre singing the exact same lyrics as the "real" singer ?:o:o:o
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 12:58 PM

I was a member of another board in Sacramento for a couple of years. We all finally decided to have a big get together. We met and decided we really had nothing in common other than the ignorance we spewwed out in our posts. Just wasn't the same after that.
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 01:05 PM
now that is some funny ****

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaden
I was a member of another board in Sacramento for a couple of years. We all finally decided to have a big get together. We met and decided we really had nothing in common other than the ignorance we spewwed out in our posts. Just wasn't the same after that.
the anonymity of this process is what makes it kind of fun...at least for me
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 01:43 PM
Sir....I am looking for a brain, have one handy?

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaden

"We all finally decided "...
Well?.ahm?hun ? ?all decided"? How many showed up at this lonely-hearts club meeting...2? Dude...oh Dude! You think the readers here think you are speaking the truth of this statement of yours? Everyone didn?t like the other? What are the odds of that happening? I been to the worst parties of hell?and always found SOMEONE I liked! You must have just posted this garbage statement to get attention. For a 63 years old , ya acting like a Drama Queen!
In case Mommy never showed you how to end a heated forum (conversation) ...you leave with jokes and well wishes with all, so that there is a positive trail to stay on next time one decides to venture out. "Hello"! That's exactly what was going on here till you stuck your Igor brain into the last few postings. You must be very confused with all this higher intelligent forums we posters display here, try www.grammerschoollevelforum.com

BajaRescue 1054 views now:lol:

[Edited on 6-5-2005 by yankeeirishman]

Pages:  1    3    5  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.