Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  7
Author: Subject: Help Save The Todos Santos Sand Dunes
BajaRescue
Junior Nomad

Mood: Undecided

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 03:12 PM

Hey yankeeirishman,

That SailorDog was funny! You're a graphics artist? Better be careful or that Creative Genius stuff'll attract a pile on and ruin your rep around here...
BajaRescue
Junior Nomad

thumbdown.gif posted on 6-5-2005 at 09:13 PM
We're Too Late

Sorry Everyone,

While we were all sitting around our PCs yammering about the number and nationality of my friends, the developer in question took advantage of the distraction, snuck in and started his development last night. I'm sorry to say that it may be too late to stop him now. To all the nay sayers on this Forum, a tip of the hat. You were right, pessimism is best ism of all. At least, you're never disappointed...

Here is a photo of a section of the Todos Santos dunes taken just yesterday:

Pretty nice, huh?

The following picture is how the same section of the dunes looked today. This is not pretty, and I warn you if you care deeply about the unspoiled beauty of Baja remaining that way, you may not want to scroll down any farther to see what happened...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
still here?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I warned you, still time to turn back...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
OK, you asked for it...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 09:23 PM

Taco Bell?

Now I know what happened to the dog.

Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 09:52 PM

Oh my Gawd!!!!! .... that is TOO funny!!! I was honestly afraid to scroll down!
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 6-5-2005 at 10:08 PM
The new look of TS

That new picture looks great. Lots of employment, less reliance on the artsyfartsy gringo tribes in TS today and far enough away from Cabo to succeed. Great idea.

When are the Federal Zone permits going to be granted? I can hardly wait.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 09:17 AM
I'm onto yer tricks Rescue

that's not Todos Santos at all, that's Loreto Bay! The quant Mexican style community!
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 10:12 AM

Finley a Toco Bell no we can get some authentic Mexican food to eat at our authentic Mexican village:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 11:46 AM

JR...What's a quant? I plan to grow Budda's Belly Bamboo on my Loreto Bay Lot...I want it sustainable. I can just hang at the pool in front of our villa and watch my investment grow while dousing down Pacificos.

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
PJC
Super Nomad

Mood: Right

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRescue
I agree, seems like this thread got stuck on a "close the door" theme. Let me stress it one more time, I AM NOT against anyone moving to Baja, living in Baja, playing in Baja, buying land in Baja, or building houses on it, as long as they respect the laws. I am against anyone building anywhere and any way they want to, even if the local community doesn't want it (Gringos AND Mexicans).

Now, exactly what law states that a businessman cannot build on his land even if it is a sand dune?

Perhaps you can band together a fund to buy him out and protect said land?

I doubt, that you will. You'd rather just strip him of his land rights without compensation. This BS is exactly why the present eco-a$s-clown movement is doomed and sinking fast.

Now get back to you gated community where you belong.

Shoot, Shovel and Shut-up!

-- A simple operating practice.

‘Global warming’ has become the grand political narrative of the age, replacing Marxism as a dominant force for controlling liberty and human choices.

-- Prof. P. Stott

Time was, people warning the world \"Repent - the end is nigh!\" were snickered at as fruitcakes.

Now they own the media and run the schools.
PJC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
And Rescue, sounds like you are doing what you believe in with the help of people that matter, (Mexicans). And you didn't weasle out of the conversation like the coup groupers tend to do. Good on ya Amigo!

JR, the only difference between the developer in question and you is "money". If you had the wherewithall to dev that land, you would too.

‘Global warming’ has become the grand political narrative of the age, replacing Marxism as a dominant force for controlling liberty and human choices.

-- Prof. P. Stott

Time was, people warning the world \"Repent - the end is nigh!\" were snickered at as fruitcakes.

PJC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gull
That new picture looks great. Lots of employment, less reliance on the artsyfartsy gringo tribes in TS today and far enough away from Cabo to succeed. Great idea.

When are the Federal Zone permits going to be granted? I can hardly wait.

Right on!

The next Baja 2000 must have a loop through this area.

Only the Tecate Truck and Tent Booths are missing.

-- Prof. P. Stott

BajaRescue
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 06:01 PM

Fortunately, the decision will be made by the Mexicans, and not by the Gringos, the Caliornians, or even the Nevadans...
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRescue
Fortunately, the decision will be made by the Mexicans, and not by the Gringos, the Caliornians, or even the Nevadans...

The decision will be made by some Mexicans. Probably those who will financially benefit from the decision.

BajaRescue
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 06:33 PM

No doubt.
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 06:42 PM
this thread reminds me....

that certain people on this board are probably forgetting to take their meds....remember people, one with breakfast...one with lunch.... and one right before bedtime and suddenly all those things that worried you so much will seem so trivial;D;D;D;D
BajaRescue
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 07:02 PM

yup
PJC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
The decision will be made by some Mexicans. Probably those who will financially benefit from the decision.

The land owners will benefit the most. It is their business case and I have yet to see any data that substantiates their activities as illegal.

-- Prof. P. Stott

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2005 at 12:17 PM
Wrong again Blackie

We spent 2 years looking for places that didn't have realtors, developers or gringos just because we don't want to do that kind of thing.
It's nice that you have money but, when it comes to money meaning more to some folks than anything, well, the happiest people I know have less than me, and I don't have any!:lol:
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2005 at 09:08 PM

I wanted to let all of you know tomorrow's radio show will have a representative calling in from the proposal to save the dunes in Todos Santos. They will discuss what's happening from their side (I tried to get a rep. from Sr. Ogden, but didn't get a return correspondence). They will be on in the first 20 minutes only.

Listen at http://www.worldtalkradio.com/show.asp?sid=126

Ted
Baja Talk Radio

PJC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2005 at 03:05 PM

Nonesense!

Count #1) You have zero right to tell a land owner what to do with his/her land if they are acting in a lawful manner.

Count #2) Money is a bi-product of success. Success generally comes with hard work. Hard work is supported by peers, friends and family. If you can't understand this social climate then the problem is yours and not mine.

Count #3) Your continued position that only the poor are happy is nothing more than self serving jibberish fueld likely by your own frustration and lack of success.

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
We spent 2 years looking for places that didn't have realtors, developers or gringos just because we don't want to do that kind of thing.

It's nice that you have money but, when it comes to money meaning more to some folks than anything, well, the happiest people I know have less than me, and I don't have any!:lol:

-- Prof. P. Stott

Pages:  1  2    4    6  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.