BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Baja Rosario Festival 2005 activities!!!
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2005 at 03:59 PM

I'm up for the 3-hour tour (a three-hour tour!!). The weather started getting rough, the tiny truck was tossed... ugh.. can't get the song out of my head!!! :rolleyes:

Sat at 9am would work best for us, as we plan to head back to San Diego Sunday morning.
Bob H (and Audrey H)

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2005 at 07:02 PM

Many thanks to Antonio for planning such a fantastic event. We didn't get to see a lot of the things going on, but this means we have a great excuse for coming back to see more of this great area!
Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-29-2005 at 06:55 PM
Thank you El Rosario and BajaCactus!

We are back... Friday.

What a week! What a great festival. Antonio was outstanding... He went 48 hours without sleep seeing to everything that needed to get done.

Arrived Friday about 10:45pm

Saturday:
We had a great desert tour with up to 9 vehicles, as mentioned by Bob H. Got to meet Frigatebird and Hook... The 3.5 hour tour was closer to 5, but no complaints!

The beauty pageant was packed and all were excited... good job by the judges... we didn't see it much of it. The winner was at the rodeo on Sunday riding a horse.

Did the petrified forest tour on Sunday, saw a bit of the rodeo, also a great special Baja Nomad breakfast hosted by Baja Cactus on Sunday!!!

Monday had breakfast with TheSquarecircle at Baja's Best (great food), visited with Rob and Anthony at Diamante Del Mar... stayed an extra day in Rosario. The food was outstanding...

More details in a trip report coming soon... LOT'S of pictures...

Spent the rest of the week on Shell Island.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2005 at 09:44 PM
What about the El Rosario celebration?

Saturday in the hills eating dust? Thought this fest was about the community and what they have to offer???
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2005 at 01:00 AM
Looking forward to the "Rest of the story"

"What about the El Rosario celebration?

Saturday in the hills eating dust? Thought this fest was about the community and what they have to offer???"
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Was that a Poke? Jab? Slap?
I truly don't understand the purpose of the negative connotations.

When I go somewhere, I do what I WANT.

If that's a drive off into the desert, interact with other people, go fishing, take a nap, make dinner for my friends or give my wife a massage.
It's "MY" choice and I don't give a damn what someone else thinks. I seldom follow suggestions, insinuations or maps and do just fine.

So, David.... When do we get to see all the pictures? And here the rest of the trip detials?

As always,

Bedman

[Edited on 7-30-2005 by Bedman]
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2005 at 08:36 AM
Didn't mean you shouldn't have done what YOU did

I was just hoping for some info. history of the town of El Rosario. Isn't that what the festival was about? Or was I mistaken and the festival was about something else entirely?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2005 at 08:59 AM

Were you asleep JR? Haven't you been reading the past month's posts on activities to do from El Rosario? Why didn'y you go and see it for yourself, you live closer to El Rosario, afterall? The desert tour was one of the activities Antonio asked me to do... On Saturday (or Sun.) morning when there was NO town activities.

The festival was a celebration of the birth of a town... with the establishment of a mission there in 1774.

Seeing what El Rosario area has was part of why we "gringos" went there during the festival. You see JR, there isn't a beauty pagaent or rodeo every weekend there. But there is a desert with cactus, beaches, geology, restaurants and more that we money spending gringos can enjoy ANY day we go.

Bedman, thanks for your interest... Photos are coming soon... I have made a file for them... next is to reduce them to under 50 KBS to meet Nomad requirements... then I will post.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 7-30-2005 at 09:24 AM
Oh brother

Look knuckleheads, I've heard plenty about the activities planned. Cool. Perfect for the DK group.
I was more interested in the stories, history of the town, fishing industry, Japanese factory, etc. that I know was part of the history of El Rosario. I thought that just might be part of the celebration of the town and events.
I still haven't heard anything about this kind of stuff which to me would have been a major part of an event like this. I read about the storytelling prior to the event?

WTF? Maybe you guys missed it? It didn't matter?

One thing for sure though, yer back!:lol::lol::lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2005 at 09:49 AM

Well, I am only one gringo JR... There were many others there and I can only report on what I saw and did.

Go to the trip reports forum and look for my photos if you wish, posting next. I did visit the Industry Expo in town, and have photos... Just have some patience...

Others took photos too, and it was a 'Nomad' group on the desert tour, not a DK group... The only knuckleheads were the ones who didn't go, but have no problem trying to cause problems from their keyboards...

By the way JR, one of 'us knuckleheads' left a big box of baseball equipment with your name on it, at Baja Cactus motel.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2005 at 09:59 AM
Knuckleheads don't

leave donations for kids. Was it you that left the donations David?
And with your usual whining, you still haven't said anything about the history of El Rosario?
Perhaps I am impatient but I have been very curious as to parts of the history down there. I thought that this event would answer some questions. Obviously David, I would have gone if I could have.
Fortunately, some people who aren't in it for self promotion, like you, are sending me the info.
Now, let's see how many eyes you managed to pull the wool over during this latest event.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2005 at 10:44 AM

JR, you just don't stop. You want history??? It has been in my web site for years! http://vivabaja.com/bajamissions just click on El Rosario or any other mission you want photos and dates for.
I promote Baja, not me.

Who is the one who has advertised to take people into Baja for $$$. Who has some travel rescue outfit promoting same for $$$. Who is promoting himself here???

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2005 at 10:51 AM
Did I say anything about Missions?

There is a lot more history to El Rosario than Missions David. Obviously you were too busy doing whatever you do to find out about it.
Pretending to be somebody perhaps?
soulpatch
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2005 at 11:37 AM

Excellent protagonist/antagonist writing here:wow:. Is somebody making all that petty one upmanship up as a joke or is the lame backbiting for real and not just a split personality having an external debate?

Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 12:55 AM

I must be one of the Coup Groupers, Picnche Gringos, DK Group. I'm tired of it and won't be silent anymore.

Smoke and Mirrors fail you miserably in your attempt to hide your petty poking and jabbing at anything anyone does that you deem Gringo-esque.

If, on the other hand, you have something positive to add to the thread, I'll read it and Thank You for your input. I truly think you have much more to offer this forum than spewing epithets like "Coup Groupers and Picnche Gringos". I can only presume your reference to "the DK group" was negative?

I don't believe the festival was about the history of El Rosario. I believe the festivals main purpose was to promote the city of El Rosario, the people, the places, the industry, and increase tourism. To show those, who in the past, who have thought of El Rosario simply as a refueling point. That there is More to see there than a gas station (sorry Antonio, it is a Wonderful station). Perchance, they might stay a day or two or more and enjoy. Maybe even have an opportunity to learn a little El Rosario history? Knuckleheads isn't very positive either.

With reference to donations. I've written many checks in large amounts to many worthy causes. Even to you, I have the canceled checks if you'd like to see them. I've never told anyone I made a donation, not even my wife. Every time you poke, jab and sling those hateful words You make me feel dirty for those donations. Not any more.

Lets try to be a bit more civilized and possibly even Thank Antonio (Thank you Antonio) for all the hard work he and many other people put into the festival. Hopefully there will be one every year for many years to come.

One of The Group.

Bedman

[Edited on 7-31-2005 by Bedman]
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 06:41 AM
could that "tour" have been done

in a 4X2 sport truck like my explorer?
just curious about which kind of roads i may try one day.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 07:08 AM

It would be fine for any pickup truck...for the most part just the usual baja dirt roads...just seldom used in the is case....only the one spot where steeper climb and some rocks in the road would require a closer look before going up......
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good if fishing

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 07:35 AM

That's it! I've had it with JR. He can't get past 3 posts without relying on mud slinging and name calling!

I thought that he had been provoked and I had missed it on some of the other threads, but after doing a search on his postings and reviewing them I've come to the conclusion that this vituperative attitude has proven to be the major part of his mental make-up and all it takes is an opposing or alternate view to set him off.

Like Bedman, I'm making it a point to NOT do business with JR or anything he's attached to from here on. Anyone who's idea of a conversation is to start spewing invectives when disagreed with isn't someone that I want to be associated with.

Mike & Robin; Full-Time RV\'ers
37\' Georgetown w/3 slides & 275 Watts of Solar Power
06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 07:54 AM

Bedman, and toad. You got it totally wrong, again. JR was the one that was attacked. He has to use the delete button to try and save his public persona. Of course you guys didn't get to read that stuff because the father of the year had it removed. Enjoy your existence with the wool firmly in place.:lol::lol::lol::lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 08:50 AM
Yep, looking back through the posts

I see that most all of the attacks made by the coop groupers were deleted.:lol:

Nevertheless, a couple of gringo characters threatening to not help me doesn't mean squat:lol::lol::lol:
One day perhaps you shallow minded individuals will see what's really going on with these coop groupers, as most everyone else already has.
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2005 at 10:59 PM
What thread were you reading?

I copied the thread and sent it to my sister. We were having some big Yuks over it and the ONLY post that I see that was deleted was Me No's.

Who else deleted?

I'd like to know.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.