Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Art & Beer near Pescadero - don't go
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
And what I'm talking about is your attacks on Me No now that he's not around.

Why don't you just chill out, pretend to know about Baja, and promote your site promoting everyone elses trips. Nevermind your chicken sh-t tactics.

He is very much around, and you just proved it, as I was responding to that 'new' Nomad 'malvina' or whatever Tom called himself... ja ja ja

JR, if you are such a great defender of the oppressed posters, do you post on Baja.net sticking up for me? MeNo has a ton of lies, slander, and even stoops so low to drag my son and daughter into his attacks against me... Do you tell him to shut up on Baja.net JR, huh???

Also, I do not pretend anything... My 40 years of traveling in Baja are real... If you have more Baja travel experience, then we are still waiting to see and read it... I have had 8 vehicles used to drive in Baja because of the number of miles put on those cars there and the years I have been driving since aI was 16. I have only seen ONE vehicle in all of your photos?

Do not be threatened by me... I am not in a contest with you or care if you know more Baja than me or not.

My first trip to Todos Santos was in 1966, by the way... my second was in 1974, third in 1985, and fourth in 2001.

What counts with the people here on Nomad is if they are interested in exploring places in Baja that are not in the tourist zones (like where you live), then they can count on my willingness to assist them, for free, on areas I do know about... and there are more than just a few, like you keep trying to get folks here to believe... Well, my photos and trip reports are proof of your hot air and jealous responces...

Have a nice day!:spingrin::spingrin::spingrin:

[Edited on 10-16-2005 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good if fishing

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 04:19 PM

Hey, what's with the Hotel California joke? I kind of like the place, at least the courtyard for brunch.

Mike & Robin; Full-Time RV\'ers
37\' Georgetown w/3 slides & 275 Watts of Solar Power
06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 05:04 PM
T & T-----We liked Hotel California, too.

net atmosphere, food was good, and it generally was just a lot of fun. Never stayed there----just eaten and drank there.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 05:23 PM

TandT
Got me. Seems like a pretty nice place to me. Although the rooms are pricey. Of course, you dont have to worry about rooms, right!
We have recently put a rack of our books in the Emporia which includes Ann Hazard's new cookbook with 3 recipes from the Hotel California. The place is amazing...while we are there for maybe 30-45 minutes, I would bet that over 100 people waltzed through the shop. It is quite an attraction.

Den
And yes there are a few Mexicans left there. If you want to see them come to the festival....just this past weekend. We went one year and while sitting at the top of the ferris wheel, we looked down and saw not one gringo....not one. Weird!

l

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 05:48 PM
Web Sites

Although I don't chime into everyones posts with MY website with other peoples stories like you David, I do have one.

It's about my travels in Baja, and the people that live here. Their ranchos, many lakes, caves, areas that are not frequented by tourists like the places you post.

There are many stories, (1st hand from my own experiences in Baja) about many things besides my friends families and trucks.

It's a site about Baja, not me. I don't post GPS coordinates, maps or locations because I don't want caravans of people like you cluttering up these places
and disturbing lifestyles with your publicity and big mouth.

But, for those that weren't aware of a site about Baja, not David K., try http://groups.msn.com/TheBajasBestGuidesPhotoAlbum
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 06:04 PM

If you're can't find Mexicans in TS, you've never been to the town square or the church on Sundays (the childrens choir is great), or taken a bike ride through the valley.

06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 06:24 PM

Thank you JR, you are truly so much better than I could ever hope to be... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My posts are here on Nomad, so the people who see the maps and photos and GPS are the people you are blathering to...

So, in posting these places I guess it means you and your friends like MeNo will never be there... What a blessing indeed!

The majority of Nomads are GOOD people that have respect for others and the places in Baja they visit... the people you have so much spite for, yet expect handouts from so you can look important to the remote village you go to.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by turtleandtoad
Hey, what's with the Hotel California joke? I kind of like the place, at least the courtyard for brunch.

I was refering to the Eagle's song... which the management used to try so hard to make everyone think was based on the Todos Santo hotel... it wasn't.

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 06:31 PM
In defense of "restroom N-zis"

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
A "restroom N-zi", that is what he is. I am surprised that he is still in business.

"Restroom N-zis" are not born that way. This guy is an arsshole but I understand why. ;D

I generally don't refuse anyone who is not a customer, use of my facilities if they are polite enough to ask. But more often than not, they don't. It's, "Hey man/dude, I'm gonna use...", or, "Where's your...", or, "Do I hafta buy something to...".

The absolute worst is when parents allow young children to use the bathroom unsupervised. Most of the time, they don't even bother to check after.

I haven't (yet) put up a sign saying, "Restrooms Are For Customers Only", but I am peeed that I would have to consider it.

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 06:32 PM
I know, David--------

but it is sure fun to pretend it did. (-:

By the way, I like your coordinates, pictures, references and threads to other peoples websites and trips, your photos, maps, and the dozens of other things you do to make Baja so much more interesting to the rest of us. Please keep doing just what you do, and thanks.
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by turtleandtoad

I was refering to the Eagle's song... which the management used to try so hard to make everyone think was based on the Todos Santo hotel... it wasn't.

That would be a great trivia question, which came first, the Hotel California in TS or the Eagles song:?:

So where is the Eagles Hotel California? Or is there one?:?:

06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 06:39 PM

Along a long desert highway...

The road to Todos Santos was dirt when the Eagles song came out.

TripleG

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 07:53 PM
Art & Beer

Someone tell me how to attach a picture and I will show you a picture of the alleged villians.:lol:

I think my problem is picture is to big? 500k

Picture removed.

[Edited on 10-18-2005 by TripleG]
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 07:54 PM
David----true, but--------------

was there a Hotel California at that time????
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 07:58 PM

triple g

You have to resize down to 50K.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 09:00 PM
ouch that hurts...

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
A "restroom N-zi", that is what he is. I am surprised that he is still in business.

"Restroom N-zis" are not born that way. This guy is an arsshole but I understand why. ;D

I generally don't refuse anyone who is not a customer, use of my facilities if they are polite enough to ask. But more often than not, they don't. It's, "Hey man/dude, I'm gonna use...", or, "Where's your...", or, "Do I hafta buy something to...".

The absolute worst is when parents allow young children to use the bathroom unsupervised. Most of the time, they don't even bother to check after.

I haven't (yet) put up a sign saying, "Restrooms Are For Customers Only", but I am peeed that I would have to consider it.
he just defended the "restroom N-zi"...try doing that after youve been on the road all day and all you want to do is take a leak and theres some cranky kook telling you that you cant...i'd be apt to follow in the footsteps of Divers kid....ya' know how it is,when you gotta go...you gotta go:O:O

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 10:10 PM

Quote:
was there a Hotel California at that time????

Here was a reply I made to a previous Hotel California thread here on Nomad, last year:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
posted on 11-1-2004 at 08:06 PM

Lower California Guidebook c1962

Page 109: "... Travelers may spend the night at Hotel California (III), which has a bar, restaurant, and gasoline pump."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
III= 25 to 50 pesos per person, meals included. or 5 to 15 pesos, bed or room without meals. Peso was 8 cents at the time of printing. So: $2 to $4 US with meals, $0.40 to $1.20 US without.

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 10:27 PM
Ah Haaaaaaaa!!!!! Hotel before Eagles-----

I knew it!!! Logic says that the Eagles were singing about the Todos Santos Hotel-------it is so obvious. Wonder how they knew about it???? secret Baja travelers, I suppose. Maybe the first "Nomads"----------
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2005 at 10:40 PM

There used to be a Hotel California in Fresno (until they turned it into an old folks home), maybe a natural transition. With an equal amount of stretch, the lyrics could fit there.

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2005 at 07:22 AM

Had a casa in Todos Santos when Spanish was spoken there for 11 years (1980s). Saw the Hotel grow, die, and be reborn again recently. Attached website has a good explanation of this legend.

http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/hotel.htm
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.