Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  11
Author: Subject: Mas en Loreto y Loreto Bay
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 08:16 AM

Mike: I did not buy at LB! Approx. 3 months ago I did a short Investigation-on Site= with out being observed only my friends.
This develop,emt could go on and make a good theing for Loreto or it will fall on its face from a couple of things, Water and poser being the biggest Problem!
I knew and observed 2 people that are High Muckey Muckies in a very important part of this operation- I would not trust them any further than I could throw them!!!

If it does Fail, "What does it Hurt? It is only Money and most Mexicanos I know can do a good Job of Surviving on Beans and Rice and some fish and still be happy. It will be the "Outsiders who lose the Money-No big Deal+

Skeet/Loreto
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto

I knew and observed 2 people that are High Muckey Muckies in a very important part of this operation- I would not trust them any further than I could throw them!!!

Skeet
You're getting too old to throw anybody. Probably hurt your back. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Skeet/Loreto
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 08:45 AM

Van: Did just that yesterday! leading a mare into the Barn and both legs gave way. Little sore this morning.
I have been trying for three years to find the cause of the Problems, MRI, Doppler, XRAy, 2 Nerve TESTs, still the Doctors will not come up with anything. Oh Well One of these Days m,aybe it will Fall off!!

Difficult to kick Butt with One Leg!!

Skeet/Loreto
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 09:26 AM
Someone may be interested in joining this

Last year at Grupo Tortuguero Conference in Loreto, there were representatives from this group. Maybe some of you in Loreto would be interested in getting in touch with them about the water questions.
http://www.waterkeeper.org/mainjoin.aspx

capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 11:48 AM

Capt. George said " is so mundane.......lets have some empirical events puleeeeeeze.:lol::lol::lol::lol: "
Empirical events. Come on George, did you look that word up in the dictionary?
You want empirical events, go to Iraq. Loreto is a peaceful little town. Too dull for you, I guess. Youse guys from New Yok need action all the time. Come on back down and visit me. Russ

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good if fishing

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 03:03 PM

Webster On-line

Main Entry: em?pir?i?cal
Pronunciation: -i-k&l
Variant(s): also em?pir?ic /-ik/
Function: adjective
1 : originating in or based on observation or experience <empirical data>
2 : relying on experience or observation alone often without due regard for system and theory
3 : capable of being verified or disproved by observation or experiment <empirical laws>
4 : of or relating to empiricism

In other words; Lets hear some first-hand observations.

Very common word for anyone who took science in high school (and stayed awake).

But, empirical 'evidence' probably would have been better.

Mike & Robin; Full-Time RV\'ers
37\' Georgetown w/3 slides & 275 Watts of Solar Power
06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 03:52 PM

Why not just say "first-hand report"?

[Edited on 2-21-2006 by bajalera]

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 04:16 PM

Judy: Went to your recommended Water Site;
For a one sided View it was very well done. I still think that they could get more support if theydid not use scare words such as "Babies".

One of the largest Water Problem is in the Central Valley of Calif.

How do you produce th food that feeds millions of people and still keep it Clean??
How do you produce Milk that feeds millions of People without messing up the Water??

We, all of us, benefit from the Production of Food, therefore all must pay for that production and the clean up of the Water.

The problem with the Envior Groups is they do not want to pay, they want the Producer to Pay.

There is justnot enough Water in Loreto to support another 25,000 People. A desalt Plant will do the Job

Skeet
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 04:43 PM

Larry; You hit the Nail on the Head!!
If you do math on the number of Planned Homes you can come up with the number of people that will or could be using those Homes.

If you go to a power Grid company such as Gurnsey and ask them to supply that many homes they can give you the cost and the power necessary.

La Paz cannot supply that much power without tripleing their Plant.

Skeet/Loreto
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 04:44 PM

6000 homes x 4.5 people/family (Mother, Father and 2.5 kids) = 27,000 people. :o

And that's not counting the people running the infrastructure (power, water, sewage, shops, gardeners, cooks, maids, waste management, etc.)

06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by turtleandtoad
6000 homes x 4.5 people/family (Mother, Father and 2.5 kids) = 27,000 people. :o

And that's not counting the people running the infrastructure (power, water, sewage, shops, gardeners, cooks, maids, waste management, etc.)

Fonatur predicts 10 new Mexican national arrivals settling in Loreto for each unit built. At build out, that would mean 60,000 folks. Nor just cooks, maids, gardeners, etc, but "unemployed" as well.

Promotional efforts by LB will also help increase interest in other developments. More people.

And the university study rejected the 10 person per unit figure. They predict 20.
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
IS ANYONE EVER GOING TO POST HERE WHO ACTUALLY BOUGHT/LIVES AT LORETO BAY???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all this speculative discourse is so mundane.......lets have some empirical events puleeeeeeze.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mike, we don't live in Loreto Bay. But when a company says they will build 6000 units three miles from where we do live, obviously we are interested.

We have legitimate questions. Will LB take water that we now use? Will they force rationing of current water supplies? Will there be enough electricity? If there are shortages, who has priorities, the folks at LB and Fonatur, or city folks? If desal plants are built, will our water rates subsidize them? Same with sewage.

Yes, sure, we speculate, and we lack good "empirical events" or good information. All the information from LB seems to be salesmanship babble about "sustainability," which I find to be "so mundane." :)
Sonora Wind
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 05:55 PM
My Friend Capn Sharky

That was My Friend Captain Mike with the Mundane, not My Friend Capt George. But we all make mistakes, even Captain Jim of the Sonora Wind LOL :cool:

Note to self: I can't aford it anyway.

Note to self: I can't keep track of all us damn capins.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho

You're probably right. Desalination sounds pretty attractive when one is on the edge of such a large body of water, especially if a bunch of high-consuming rich folks want it to happen. What I haven't heard brought up much when folks talk about desal (probably reverse osmosis?) is the power source. How much is necessary to desalinate water for 25,000 folks (where'd you get that number, by the way)? Where's that power come from? What's the impact of generating it?

--Larry

And what will happen to the Sea of Cortez where they take the water to desalinate. Wont that change the marine life. Wont that harm it. Isnt that a Marine Park, protected by the Mexican government.:biggrin:

Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 06:51 PM

Will the desal plant and water usage lower the water level in the Sea of Cortez???:o:o:o

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 08:02 PM

One of the byproducts of a desal plant is an extremely salty brine. If not properly handled it can have an adverse affect on the local environment. If discharged back into the ocean, it will raise the salinity of the local water, making it inhabitable to the local marine life. The size of this desolate area is dependent on the amount of brine pumped back into the ocean.

If discharged onto the land, the land will become a wasteland, unable to support life of any kind for thousands of years. (think "the Utah Salt Flats) It will also seep into the local aquifer, contaminating wells for miles around.

However, it would not lower the level of the Sea of Cortez. At least not in the forseeable future.

06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 08:17 PM

Wilderone. Still waiting for your response as to the problems you related to with David Butterfield & Jim Grogan. Something about their having a "past" that included some failures. I'd like for you to give us further details if you wouldn't mind. I'd like to investigate those further, to be able to make my own decisions regarding how serious they might be. Several friends of ours here in Nopolo are also interested in knowing. Awaiting your reply. Thanks, Wilderone. Phil S
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 08:19 PM

It's one thing to "impact" those of us who live here in Nopolo for the past years. It's another thing to cause problems for those that live in Loreto. Many people have just concerns, and if I'm reading Pams comments earlier, I'm seeing a change in attitude regarding her concerns. Right Pam.????
Did something recently effect you that involved Loreto Bay????
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 08:41 PM

And where would Pams'post be ? I sure can't find it!!!

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 2-21-2006 at 08:45 PM

Sally

Start at page 4 and you'll find them. There are quite a few.
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.