Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  6
Author: Subject: Raquel and Larry
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2006 at 08:38 PM

Someone said 9mm ammo. I'd really like to know what kind of round. Is anybody talking?

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2006 at 08:56 PM

This is really, really sad!

Brendan and I would always stop by Raquel and Larry's on our trips out to wash turtles, for a cold drink, a snack or a visit.....wonderful people that always make us feel at home.

Our hearts go out to Larry and his family, she will be missed deeply......Debra and Brendan

Mean people suck!
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 06:01 AM

I think you are all off base on what happened, I think we will find out that they left BOLA with a sum of money to buy supplies and make a deposit in the US and when they were confronted they chose to outrun them, thats whey so many shots they probably followed them quite a distance. Larry probably never stopped till he got to Camino Federales in San Quintin, where he got help.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
I think you are all off base on what happened, I think we will find out that they left BOLA with a sum of money to buy supplies and make a deposit in the US and when they were confronted they chose to outrun them, thats whey so many shots they probably followed them quite a distance. Larry probably never stopped till he got to Camino Federales in San Quintin, where he got help.

Here's an article from El Vigia (posted on the caravaning thread by Lencho) that I believe has information that they did stop and seek help - and that Raquel was taken to Catavi?a:

http://www.elvigia.net/noticias/?seccion=elvalle&id=3700...

Feel free to correct anything I may have misunderstood.

--
Doug

[Edited on 8-25-2006 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
kingpin
Banned

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 08:58 AM

I think comitan has it right on the money. 30 rounds is two clips out of a glock 9mm. The perps unloaded when Larry didn't stop, and shot to kill, not to disable the vehicle. A brutal crime commited by VERY evil people.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 09:05 AM

http://www.elvigia.net/noticias/?seccion=elvalle&id=3700...
loose translation.....

Officials of the Preventive Federal Police (PFP) in San Quint?n, started an operationto capture people responsible for murder , on the highway MEX1, in the delegation of Catavi?a.

According to the PFP, at exactly 9:00AM, the report was filed by telephone from Catavi?a.

The caller declared, that a green Ford Explorer, 5FPC070 California, had received bullet holes, the police officials were verifying the facts.

According to sources, several units responded, where they found the truck with 30 bullet holes. They seemed to be 9 mm. It was abandoned on the side of the highway transpeninsular.

Before police arrived , the victims requested the aid people that passed, to take Raquel Duarte Fife, who had several injuries.

They drove to Catavi?a, where the American woman died, after the death, Franklin Fife husband of the deceased, he requested the presence of the Preventive Federal Police, to whom gave the version of the facts.

According to the witnesses, said that the victims were driving north, and a vehicle of white color gave chase, initiating a barrage of fire that seem to be 9 millimeters, causing the death to the woman.

The officials commanded by Arturo Motolinia Reign, asked other operations in the delegations of the Rosary, Catavi?a, Tight Tip, and Bay of LA to stop any suspects, this gave negative results.

Agents of the attorney general's office of Justice of the State responded (PGJE) from San Quint?n, as well as the CSI Unit, in search of evidence from the murder.

Federal police officers said, that a search of 500 meters was carried out around the place where the couple was attacked. They failed to find the expent cartridges.

At present, it is considered that the murderers possibility, could have been trying for robbery or abduction, against the American couple

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 10:06 AM

I thought Larry, not Raquel was the American of the two.

I wonder if they will try harder if it is reported that Raquel is Mexicana?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

kingpin
Banned

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
I thought Larry, not Raquel was the American of the two.

I wonder if they will try harder if it is reported that Raquel is Mexicana?

That is a very good point.
Cranskin

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 11:24 AM
Raquel and Larry

Quote:
Originally posted by jeanie
Word out of LA Bay is that Raquel and Larry Fife of Raquel and Larry's Motel - were on their way to the states. There was an attempted robbery and Raquel was shot and killed. No word yet on Larry. Happened near Catavinia.
:(
Cranskin

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 11:36 AM

We travel back and forth to Cabo and to hear this is so sad. Hope they find the truth and this does not make Americans feel unsafe to travel. You must always be careful, but we have always have found the mexicans, happy helpful . 99% are great, honest people. How sad....Lynn y Lynn
jeanie

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 11:40 AM

Word out if LA bay. Larry recognized the shooter as a former employee at their motel. Police are on the lookout for him. Was not a random shooting.
kingpin
Banned

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 11:56 AM

SCREAMS of a Meth head situation. Seems like Comitan nailed it.

And probably also means they were planning on killing them both. Kudos to Larry for surviving. His story of fleing for his life may be more haroing than Toms.

[Edited on 8-25-2006 by kingpin]
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 11:57 AM

Just hope they nail the creep.

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 12:21 PM

Larry ID'ed the shooter? Dead man walking. Good riddance.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 12:28 PM

The latest developments that Larry recognized a former employee are very interesting and definately proves what my husband Juan ALWAYS says...DO NOT TELL ANYBODY WHEN YOU ARE GOING ON A TRIP OUT OF TOWN! Many expats travel north with alot of cash, enough for a meth head to kill for. As this horrible violence happened fairly close to Larry and Raquel's home, we thought it may not have been random. The baja is a very small world and word gets around very quickly so anyone wanting to do harm gets tipped off easily. Very alarming indeed and my heartfelt sorrow goes out to the family in BLA and all their relations.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 12:37 PM

When they find the gutter scum they should tow it behind a panga for shark bait....that's after making small cuts that bleed slowly.

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
kingpin
Banned

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
The latest developments that Larry recognized a former employee are very interesting and definately proves what my husband Juan ALWAYS says...DO NOT TELL ANYBODY WHEN YOU ARE GOING ON A TRIP OUT OF TOWN! Many expats travel north with alot of cash, enough for a meth head to kill for. As this horrible violence happened fairly close to Larry and Raquel's home, we thought it may not have been random. The baja is a very small world and word gets around very quickly so anyone wanting to do harm gets tipped off easily. Very alarming indeed and my heartfelt sorrow goes out to the family in BLA and all their relations.

Shari, being a fellow innkeeper, I am sure this hits very close to home for you. Your husband is a wise man.
Bajagato
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 01:38 PM

I have been following this story since the news broke on this board. I was so saddened to hear of this act of violence against some very nice people. All I could think is that they were Americanos that retired to a beautiful place, had a little business and helped the economy of BOLA amd this is just too sad! We had breakfast there on our honeymoon and Raquel was very nice to us, and breakfast was great. I did not know these folks but I had the pleasure of meeting her and wanted to send my thoughts and prayers to Larry and the rest of their family. If this was indeed a former employee, I pray they catch him soon and he is punished for this terrible crime.
kingpin
Banned

[*] posted on 8-25-2006 at 01:53 PM

Gato, I can tell you wrote that with a tear in your eye, as I have now.

Sorry about the speculation Don Jorge. YOu are right. Lets let the facts come out.
Almejas

sad.gif posted on 8-25-2006 at 09:15 PM
Raquel & Larry

I agree with Don Jorge and beg everyone to limit chatter to condolences in respect for the family and their privacy. Please keep your speculation off this site. We love the family like our own and this loss will forever be a deep hole in my heart.
 Pages:  1    3    5  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.