Hi Pam,They live in Mulege on the river in Maribels,k

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 11:37 AM
David K check U2U

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
TechsMex

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 12:14 PM

Ferrelli,
Actually, I already reported on them in one of my previous posts. Here's the exact quote from Cathy (MulegeMarv) email.

<<tom and patti and tacate barely made it, they actually thought they were going to die and get carried away by the raging waters>>.

Apparently the Jungle is in pretty rough shape, so I don't think it'll be good for the house.
MulegeMarv is on generator and has little gas, so I expect his posts to be short, I don't think they type too fast :biggrin:
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 12:19 PM

Hang on Marv! Help is on the way.
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 12:21 PM

Pam thank you for your posts - we are relieved to know you and yours are safe ... and that your area received unavoidable damage but overall looks like a little time/sun/elbow grease and luvin' for things to be operable ..

Our hearts are so heavy for the unfortunate circumstances in Mulege .. I dont know what else to do other than what we are doing .. we are having all of our staff, crews, families extended families etc contact anyone they know or knows someone they know (Bernie aka the Baja way) that can get urgent requests for immediate responses ..

Words cannot express how helpless I feel at this moment .. but encouraged by all the positive responses of those willing and able to lend that helping hand to those in need .... LG
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 12:23 PM

I just talked to my sister around Villa Insurgentes, she says 80 yr old people never remember seeing the arroyos get so high, half the town is flooded but there was no loss of life.

Pappy Jon
Nomad

Mood: Temp rising.

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 01:14 PM

I've been following this since last week. It makes me want to just tell the boss to blow chunks, load up as much junk as I can, and head south. I'm thinking about ya'all and wish there was something I could do.
cjmulege

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 02:16 PM
Highway1

what are the chances of driving down the baja to Mulege within the week. Any reports on road conditions?
ferrelli

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 02:19 PM
Spoke to Someone on the Phone From Mulege

Okay, I spoke to my mom, Patti Higginbotham, on the satellite phone. She is in Mulege. It was hard to hear, but this is the latest information:

Tom and Patti Higginbotham are fine, although they had to swim out of their house and luckily found a boat to get into.

Jorge's trailer park is completely gone.

The Orchard is mostly standin, but many roofs and windows, etc. gone. 10 feet of water.

The Oasis has major damage, but houses and trailers are there. 10 feet of water.

Jungle Jims and my parent's house - 10 feet of water.

Villa Maria Isabel - 6 - 8 feet of water.

My parents are staying with Marv and Cathy in the houses as you get toward the Serenidad, so they must have had less water there.

The road from Sta. Rosalia to Mulege is open to 4 wheel drive only at this time.

People (including Americans) desperately need something to cook on, clothes, food, fresh water and shoes (Teva type sandals are best). The American Red Cross will not go to Mexico.

I hope this is helpful, and will continue to post as Patti gets me information about what is needed.
m.porosky

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ferrelli
The Orchard is mostly standin, but many roofs and windows, etc. gone. 10 feet of water.

Do you mean the Orchard Vacation Village?

[Edited on 9-4-2006 by m.porosky]

-
ferrelli

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 02:50 PM

Yes, I mean the Orchard Vacation Village.
ChooChoo54

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfishinPam
Later this afternoon I'll cross to the south side of the highway where the zaragoza river is flowing. I hear that a landslide north of mirador frida is blocking the road there. I may go that far. workers at Loreto Bay are doing construction and I'd imagine some clean up. I haven't heard from the hotel guests lately but if Alaska flies in tomorrow they should be able to cross and get to the airport just fine.

Pam, thank you so much for the reports. What do we know of how Juncalito came through? Palapa's still standing? Boats OK? I'm concerned about Johnny Johnson (Topaz on the radio) who is a long time friend.

Thanks,

ChooChoo54

Julie
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 04:25 PM

Just spoke with our caretakers in Loreto, phone service is back up at least downtown as of a 1/2 hour ago. Water is receding quickly , they lost power for only about 2 hours on Sat. night. Water is still off until??? But thankfully no injuries to report.
Thank you Pam for all your updates, as you can imagine being up here with no ability to communicate with our friends and neighbors has been frustrating. Hang in there and keep up the good work.
Julie
Iguana Inn
FutureBajaRetiree

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 04:26 PM
Relief efforts

Quote:
Originally posted by ferrelli

People (including Americans) desperately need something to cook on, clothes, food, fresh water and shoes (Teva type sandals are best). The American Red Cross will not go to Mexico.

I thought there was a Crusas Roja....isn't there?
Nevertheless, I just wanted to let you all know that Lori (CaboMagic) and I have begun a campaign in the states to get some relief happening. Go to: http://www.cabomagic.com/fishreport.aspx for more info. Right now we're only set up for financial donations BUT we have people lined up for purchasing supplies and distributing to the East Cape and possibly another person in La Paz. If Loreto airport is operational maybe we can get something going on for Loreto/Santa rosalia/Mulege area as well. We both have big hearts and big ideas on how to help Baja recover from John, we now just need good info, good volunteers and generous souls.
Please keep posting updates here as I've been watching carefully to see where the need is going to be because this Hurricane barely made the news here in the states!

Much Love, Linda
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 04:37 PM
Hello from San Jose

Hi everyone
All is well here except that as always when we get soooooooo much rain the road goes out and then the power lines.
We had rain and wind. Nothing serious.
My heart goes out to the people north of us who were hit so hard. My prayers are with you all.

mulegejim
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 05:06 PM

If someone in Mulege can contact John Dinning to let him know that anything in our trailer or sheds that can be of use to just get them and use them. This would include the storage shed rented from Don Johnson. Jim Galvin
airmech
Nomad

Mood: Expeditionary

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 05:12 PM

Any word from Cabo Pulmo?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 05:19 PM
Ferrelli/Higginbotham

Hi Sharon

I am glad you were able to post here on Nomad and also to hear from your folks! I was out most of the day, and got your email just a few minutes ago.

I hope for the best for them and all in Mulege who survived the flash flood.

David

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jcgonzalez

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 05:37 PM
Cabo Pulmo

Got hit hard. I live up there, but got out to San Lucas before the storm hit. From what little I have been able to find out, there is a great deal of destruction of property, many homes destroyed, the road is impassable, of course, many people have lost everything. Communications are difficult but when I hear more, Ill post it here.
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 05:40 PM
Ferrilli

When you talk to Tom and Patty would you have them check on Tanya and Herman. That is a picture of their house or what was their in Jorges. The white house next to the water place. I'd like to know if they are ok.Thanks so much for posting. We all feel so helpless up here. Glad your parents are ok. keri

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
 Pages:  1  ..  22    24    26  27

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.