Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7
Author: Subject: Okay--Huge Tragedy Affecting all of Mexico
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 05:24 PM

Yeah Jesse --- you're mostly right on.
But to believe that AMLO is surrounded by dolts is to lay yourself wide open to an underestimation of the enemy.
He is buried with qualified help.
Their weakness at this juncture was the agenda, not the messenger. The messenger carried the weak agenda well, you have to admit.

Now .... Strengthen the agenda and be cool for six more years----?
The status quo will change, especially if the prophet of change behaves himself.

Si o no? What Mexico will you bet on?

Im with you, Jesse.... Im betting on the Mexico as we know it.

Anyway, Im old and almost dead so, why do I care???????
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 05:28 PM

Wow, I love it when Jesse posts!

"No Dave, we will declare Baja a sovereign and free nation, and we will all live happily ever after "

(flag of Republic of Lower California, 1853... later renamed the Republic of Sonora)

(flag of state of Lower California, part of the Republic of Sonora, 1854)

[Edited on 9-20-2006 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Yeah Jesse --- you're mostly right on.
But to believe that AMLO is surrounded by dolts is to lay yourself wide open to an underestimation of the enemy.
He is buried with qualified help.
Their weakness at this juncture was the agenda, not the messenger. The messenger carried the weak agenda well, you have to admit.

Now .... Strengthen the agenda and be cool for six more years----?
The status quo will change, especially if the prophet of change behaves himself.

Si o no? What Mexico will you bet on?

Im with you, Jesse.... Im betting on the Mexico as we know it.

Anyway, Im old and almost dead so, why do I care???????

I have seen nothing that worries me coming out of the minds of Lopez Obrador's inner circle. In fact, i am very very happy that he is surrounded by those men. They are completely unable to read the current political heartbeat of the nation as a whole.

Any team that manages to lose a 12 point lead in an election in less than 1 month cannot be considered capable.

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

"No Dave, we will declare Baja a sovereign and free nation, and we will all live happily ever after "

(flag of Republic of Lower California)

Hey David,

Why don't you design a Baja flag? print stickers, and sell them?

Send me a check for the idea when you become rich.

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 05:47 PM
Jesse

This guy is what I hope will be the future of Mexico. I have been saying what a sharp young man he since I met him at the Fiesta at JR home (David K--can come up with the date).

He has very nicely cut my argument about Obrador and the revolution to pieces AND that makes me happy.

Go Jesse---wish you would post more often because in most cases you are a man (beyond your years) of reason and understanding and all of us would gain from listening to you.

Oh! Mr. Bajacabo I will not even respond to your attempt to kill the messenger rather than provide facts as Jesse just has.

I will say that I belive that this was a great thread and it caused all of 'us' to learn and better understand this place we all love.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 05:53 PM

Hold on Jesse ---
I guess we cross posted there.

Your inclusion of my post -- quote --- was followed by, "We are"?

Are you Mexican... I mean, other than in your Nomad heart, because I get the feeling you're taking a stance behind the two trillion ton enchilada that has rolled over the American southwest and claimed it as their own.
We all know the mistakes and shortcomings of our, that would be United States, administration.
Since you say you're one of the "We", allow me to ask you a few questions.

Why do you, speaking for "We", consider United States laws meaningless? Why do you and yours cross the border illegally in places that if I were to be with you and apprehended, I would go to jail in spite of the fact that I fought for America, and you would get a plane ride?

Why is it, Jesse, that you, as a self proclaimed Mexican, only believe what your government tells you if it's against the United States?

Why is all this stuff, Jesse? I live in Mexico, legally, and dont get this opportunity to ask these questions. I hope you can help me with answers.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 05:58 PM

Jesse the day we met him... JULY 11, 2004

With Baja Nomad (Doug)...

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Quote:
Originally posted by David K

(flag of Republic of Lower California)

Hey David,

Why don't you design a Baja flag? print stickers, and sell them?

Send me a check for the idea when you become rich.

Jesse, if I did... all profits would go to you as the best one to make good use of them, in Baja... su republica!

How about a blue flag (for the sea and sky) with a multi limbed boojum (cirio) tree in the center?

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 06:14 PM

Quote:
Hold on Jesse ---
I guess we cross posted there.

Your inclusion of my post -- quote --- was followed by, "We are"?

Are you Mexican... I mean, other than in your Nomad heart, because I get the feeling you're taking a stance behind the two trillion ton enchilada that has rolled over the American southwest and claimed it as their own.
We all know the mistakes and shortcomings of our, that would be United States, administration.
Since you say you're one of the "We", allow me to ask you a few questions.

Why do you, speaking for "We", consider United States laws meaningless? Why do you and yours cross the border illegally in places that if I were to be with you and apprehended, I would go to jail in spite of the fact that I fought for America, and you would get a plane ride?

Why is it, Jesse, that you, as a self proclaimed Mexican, only believe what your government tells you if it's against the United States?

Why is all this stuff, Jesse? I live in Mexico, legally, and dont get this opportunity to ask these questions. I hope you can help me with answers.

I don't support illegal immigration, in fact, i am one of a few that thinks that illegal immigration hurts Mexico far more than it hurst the US, so i wouldn't know how to explain any of that since i am not for it.

Now, you can disagree or agree with illegal immigration, but i think calling us Mexicans enchiladas is not a way to open an honest debate. Regardless of that, lets look at some hard cold facts.

1.-Your economy needs immigrants, i am not saying Mexicans, but i am saying immigrants. You have declining birthrates, you have explosive older populations that thanks to great healthcare and wonder medicines, are living up to 80s. This is not if, but how much and from where. Would you like europeans? that would be great but they are doing great over on the other side of the pond. They aint coming here. Would want Chinese? how about some arabs? or what about Africans?

Its your choice, you need them, but in my opinion, Mexicans are your best choice.

2.-I dont believe what my goverment tells me anymore than you believe yours.

3.-IF YOU WANTED to, you could close the border in one week, you know it, i know it, so why don't you? read awnser number 1.

So, i understand why many european americans would like to keep things the same. people do not like change, anywhere. but that is your choice, eventually, you will end up in the same position Japan is today, a homogeneous society, rich, but looking at a drop of almost 50% of their population in the next 70 years, and with that, a drop in their position as world leaders, as economic powerhouses, and as masters of their future.

I am not pro illegal immigration, but i am also not against it.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 06:49 PM

Jesse
How can you think, even for a second, that migration is bad for Mexico? I mean, you folks with new shoes export your unemployed to the buttcrack American wasteland and get back twenty billion dollars a year in remittances, the second largest amount of foreign investment behind oil.
You claim a low unemployment rate. Yeah, why not? All your unemployed are in the states.
C'mon Jesse --- Dont be one of those who throw the racist card every time you get upset. I didn't call Mexicans enchiladas. I refered to the two trillion ton enchilada in the same vane as everybody [of course not you] refers to the Tortilla Curtain.

You are right, America needs immigrants. Im glad that's fact because my grandparents were from Ireland.
But, you know what Jesse, they came into the U.S. legally.

HonestlyJesse, I wouldn't be that concerned about illegal immigration if people like you, just exactly like you, didn't express their entitlement to ignore our laws. Our laws are our laws but they dont mean crap to you or your track star buddies.
I live in Mexico and respect Mexican Law. I also obey it. Your disregard for U.S. law is the attitude which will start a war.

Viva Aztlan, right?
Bajamatic
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
By the way ---
I was down here for a long time without papers, even had a real estate business without complying.
.... Dennis

Is that your idea of obeying the laws? Wait, according to you, Dennis, "This country has no laws, only penalties". That must explain the above.

yuletide
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 07:20 PM

I have an ideal. Probably to many wines to convey it right.

We have a gooooood sum of welfare that we support and do not want to work. Right? I think we should do an exchange for working Mexicans!

[Edited on 9-20-2006 by Al G]

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 07:24 PM

Do you think Mexico would go for that idea. The welfare folks would have to learn to work or to live without eating.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Bajalero
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cabobaja
Hola all!

I am a new Nomad living in Southern Baja for past 11 years. Born in La Jolla, raised in North County of San Diego. Prior to moving here, I regularly visited Baja numerous times a year since 1969. My wife is Mexican and my two boy's were born in Baja.

Baja Bernie: Have no idea why you would post and insinuate such an hypothesis. You are scaring people.

I am very familiar with Punta Banda. Simply stated, they purchased from someone who did not own the property.

As a member of the Los Cabos MLS and AMPI, which is now strongly associated with the American and Mexican Association of Realtors, foreigner's purchasing property in Mexican have never been more protected with regard to their investment.

Currently, the Los Cabos MLS and AMPI have a goal to raise $150,000US for those affected by Hurrican John. As Mulege had the most devastation,
behind the East Cape in Los Cabos, Mulege will receive a large percentage of the funds. The drive begain on the 14th. Almost $20,000 has been donated to date by the Los Cabos MLS Real Estate broker's and agent's.

Please consider what you post! Maybe if you have so much time on your hands, you should write another book. Please make it positive.

Funny the dirt pimps are always the first ones who get bent out of shape whenever some one brings up a POSSIBLE negative about Baja.

I personally don't care if you donated Bill Gates' riches to whatever, if there wasn't the high dollar investment going on in Baja no one would even give a second thought at ripping someone off over it . And you can have Cabo . Like all big developement in Mex it's a big cess pit too and getting worse imo , It'll be just like TJ and Rosarito with nicer weather

I've owned more than several properties in Baja and can gladly say that as of right now I sold out all but one and that one is a little piece in the middle of nowhere that I can walk away from in a heartbeat with no loss and no more headaches .

When the boomers money run out and the equity value of real estate in the U.S goes south as it is doing rapidly I wouldn't want to be paying the prices for B & R that the dirt pimps are getting at this moment .

Scaring people ? Really . They ought be really sacred before they even think about puchasing property- especially in Baja.

It's a good heads up to ponder Bernie. There was a good related artiicle in the Washington Post I'll see if I can dig up and post that may be a good read for some of you.

lero
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
Do you think Mexico would go for that idea. The welfare folks would have to learn to work or to live without eating.

No way!!!
Trying not to be political, but our welfare system is design by bleeding hearts.
My Body does not like me anymore, but I would pick fruit rather then get something for nothing.
Amnesty only if deportation of illegal GANG members

[Edited on 9-20-2006 by Al G]

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 08:16 PM

Well, hey there bajamatic---

I dont approve of the quote box as you use it. It isolates statements and they can be taken out of context. You just did that.
But, we can trade sentiments or opinions toward a logical end. Let me know if you'd like to do that.
Yeah. Let me know, tomorrow. Right now, Im going to bed.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 08:29 PM
Hey Dennis

Now you are pulling a Bernie on us.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 08:34 PM

Yeah Bernie --
Age may not get any respect around here but it still has its privileges.

Hasta Tomorrow
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 9-19-2006 at 08:46 PM
Hey!

I'm an Irishman too and we are both full of sh*t. As my Okie relatives used to say, "Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite!

bancoduo
Banned

eureka.gif posted on 9-19-2006 at 08:47 PM

What would happen if a anglo-american citizen got caught crossing the border into the US. at some place other then a port of entry? I know and it ain't pretty. So lets hear from you folks out there who are experts on the subject. :?:

[Edited on 9-20-2006 by bancoduo]

BBPEA_a.jpg - 1kB
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.