Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7
Author: Subject: Okay--Huge Tragedy Affecting all of Mexico
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2006 at 10:55 AM
Those who cut and run live in fear. There is nothing to fear.

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie

I sold out and moved back to the US three years ago--Hated to do it after over 40 years but it is a wise man cuts his odds whenever he can.

I have no idea how those who waited so long can cut their loses..

Bernie: I know you had reasons for selling out. Wise Nomads should cut their odds and run too?

I think there are more people living in fear in the US than down South. I recognize that revolution is always a possibility in Mexico. There may even be instances where ejido have been taken advantage of. For the most part, that isn't happening.

I don't think those still wandering South are living in fear.

I think there are some who fear terrorists, bandidos, revolution, losing what they have, being overun by the have-nots, and the list goes on. Let it go!

Come back to Baja, Bernie. It's safe, beautiful and good. It beats the heck out of SD, and much of California. There is nothing to fear down here. (Stop reading the papers.)

:cool::D

P.S. By the way, people, the Revolution WILL be televised.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
oxxo
Super Nomad

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 10-18-2006 at 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Remember "Those who live in glass Houses should not throw Stones"

Your words show a Lack of Character more commonly referred to as a "Snitch".

Nope didn't snitch, MrBillM posted it on this Board a couple of months ago, you can read it for yourself. And MrBillM is the one in a glass house throwing stones. He can broadcast on his VHF to his hearts content as far as I'm concerned, but it is illegal and he admitted that he knows it is on this Board. Have I ever done anything "illegal"? Yup, for example, ran a stopsign when I could see a half mile down the road in both directions that there was nobody coming. I know I have broken the law a bunch of times and didn't even know it. I fess up and I don't profess to ALWAYS be the perfect citizen in Mexico.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 10-18-2006 at 11:30 AM
Hey Lee!

I sold my home in Baja that definitely does not mean that I have left Baja. I make it down there about every two weeks to visit with my friends and see what is happening where my heart lives. The last story in my last book on Baja is about our last trip to Cabo in May of 2006 where we celebrated our 50th much as we had over 17 of our previous anniversary's.

No, my friend I will never forget nor fail to visit the country that I have been kicking around in for over 45 years.

I do know it is against the law, and most of them I have obeyed, but I have arranged to have my ashes cast into the Pacific in front of my home of so many years in La Salina. Do you suppose that is because I have given up on Baja?

Don't really want to be around when some of you folks start writing about this bit of paradise when you pass your 50th or 60th birthdays--BUT-- would really love to be able to take a peek at what you are saying then.

And now you guys have Commader Marcos---I never expected him to make the jump from down south to Baja Sur.

History does have a nasty way of repeating itself. That is why it should really be taught in schools--to be used as a sort of road map that can, at least, direct the younger follks around the quicksand and the swamps or even the soft sand of Baja.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2006 at 12:40 PM

I sold out and moved back to the US three years ago--Hated to do it after over 40 years but it is a wise man cuts his odds whenever he can.

I have no idea how those who waited so long can cut their loses..

Quote:

And now you guys have Commader Marcos---I never expected him to make the jump from down south to Baja Sur.

When I read how ''a wise man cuts his odds'', I think your saying that odds are better outside Baja? Investment wise? Maybe another situation like homes being taken by the government? Who are ''those who waited so long?''

I have respect for Commandante Marcos. Maybe his presentation needs work.

Revolution is sometimes revolution of the soul, the corazon.

I expect positive outcomes in the next 10-20 years down South. Boomers will see to that.

:coolup:

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 10-18-2006 at 03:42 PM
What A Crock !!

OXXO the Munificent hands forward his assessment of GOOD Citizenship (or Visitorship, as the case may be) with an irrelevent assessment of character assayed by the degree to which one follows trivial and meaningless citations:

"Nope didn't snitch, MrBillM posted it on this Board a couple of months ago, you can read it for yourself. And MrBillM is the one in a glass house throwing stones. He can broadcast on his VHF to his hearts content as far as I'm concerned, but it is illegal and he admitted that he knows it is on this Board. Have I ever done anything "illegal"? Yup, for example, ran a stopsign when I could see a half mile down the road in both directions that there was nobody coming. I know I have broken the law a bunch of times and didn't even know it. I fess up and I don't profess to ALWAYS be the perfect citizen in Mexico".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is not an Oxymarooon (no offense) to consider myself a GOOD (not perfect all the time as Oxxo misstates) citizen while having committed the grevious Offense of operating a Marine VHF Radio at NORMAL power (along with probably 90 % of the residents, including Mexicanos in this area). Coming up with that bit of pitiful trivia is clear evidence that Ox is totally bereft of logical arguments.

I'll match my almost Fifty years of travel and residency in Baja with anyone in terms of Gracious behavior. If using a VHF radio is my cross to bear, I shall do it without Shame. I will be sure to pass on to others that they have no claim to goodness of any degree if they have used a VHF Radio illegally or some other such disgraceful exhibition of trivial lawlessness.

You're going to have to do better than that, Ox.

Meanwhile, I'm here working and listening to those SINNERS among my neighbors yacking on Channel 69.

[Edited on 10-18-2006 by MrBillM]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2006 at 03:54 PM

Bernie ... Hey, Bernie ... What have you done?

You have created the thread that wouldn't die.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-18-2006 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oxxo
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
Although I have Always been a Good Guest in Mexico

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Is this the same Mr. Bill M who uses his high powered VHF from his home in Puercocitos in violation of Mexican law, US law, and International law? Oh I know, everbody else does it so it is okay for me to do it. You 'da man, MrBillM! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Where is PUERCOCITOS? Oh, I get it... Puerco (as in 'pig').
I guess he couldn't make a funny name from Laguna Percebu?

Haven't I convinced you guys that Baja Nomad is far better a place to make friends? Bernie, is this your fault? Does Uncle Skeet need to take some Nomads out to the shed for a whoopin'?:lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 10-19-2006 at 09:26 AM
David K/Dennis

I suppose you could say it is all my fault because I did express my concerns about Mexico, Baja, and fellow Nomads.

I am always amazed how threads morph into something entirely different as they wander through various minds.

Oh! my concerns were slightly abated with the reactions to the finalization of the Mexican elections. BUT, then they increased with the advent of Commander Marcos into Baja. It is amazing to me how he zooms in, stirs the pot, and wanders off. Some folks liken him to Che Guevara and many glorify him in much the same manner. My opinion, he will not be good for the Mexican citizens who call Baja home and that makes me sad.

Is it my imagination or did he lay low as long as he thought ALMO had a chance to win and then sprang back into stirring the pot when that didn't work, for whatever label anyone would wish to put on the opposition, in Mexico. I will not put a label to them because then all people who read this will see is the label.

And, besides, Labels suck!

Label me GUILTY!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2006 at 10:44 AM

You're right Bernie....

That Marcos guy is a pot stirrer. Unfortunatly, he is also a sacred cow who is excercising his rights in a so-called democracy. Do away with him and the radical left has a martyr. Kinda like Bin Ladin.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2006 at 11:31 AM

Uncle Skeet? GrandPa Skeet
In all my many years of living in Baja Sur, I never lived in Fear from the Mexicanos. I had learned early in Life, after getting caught "Joy Riding in other Folks Cars, not to Lie, Cheat, Nor Steal.
I learned Humility, after winning 50 out of 53 Boxing Matches when I thougth I could Whip anyone around_ Finding out from a Skinny little Indian Kid, named Herschal Acton, in Keyes Oklahoma, whp proceeded to "Walk up one Side and Down the Other , whuppin my Ass along the Way.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2006 at 11:42 AM

Hit the wrong Key;

Sub- Commander Marcos will not Succeed in Baja because the People of Baja will not let Him!!
The only People I was concerned about in all my years were the 'Ugly Americans" who came to Loreto and tried to impress the Locals with Their Money, Large Houses, Buzzing Airplanes, and Fast Boats, never learning the Ways of the People only thinking of Themselves.
I chose not to Live among Gangsters, Dope Addicts, Dangerous Pilots,Idiot Drivers and Such. I did not Cut my Losses! I had no Losses in Baja only Gains!
I strongly suggest some of you start thinking about the People of Baja instead of you small little Worlds of IPod, Gameboys, Fast Cars, Slow women, Dope, and taking your Clothes off in Public,!!

Uncle Skeet or Better Anon The Preacher
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2006 at 11:44 AM

Who's taking their clothes off in public? When? Where?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2006 at 11:52 AM

And "slow women" ?
Jeezo.... All of my life I've been sniffing around for Fast Women.
Where did I go wrong?
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2006 at 09:24 PM
In defense of Cmdr. Marcos

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Hit the wrong Key;

Sub- Commander Marcos will not Succeed in Baja because the People of Baja will not let Him!!
Uncle Skeet or Better Anon The Preacher

Marcos is but one voice of the poor and uneducated. He is not an evil man.

He does not believe that corporate money represents the ejido or have their interests at heart.

If you get past some of his rhetoric, you'll read that he wants the people -- all the people -- to benefit at the same time the corporations are profiting.

I don't think his intent is to throw all foreigners out of Mexico.

His is a voice speaking for the people in the face of a greedy, corrupt and elitist government that cares little for the poor and uneducated.

Respectfully submitted,

Viva la Causa, Viva La Raza!

:cool:
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2006 at 09:43 PM

Thank you, Lee, for your rational, reasonable point of view.

Dennis, Sub-comandante Marcos and bin Laden really are not "kinda" alike, and this sort of grouping together of people and concepts does not further clear thinking or rational dialogue.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2006 at 07:20 AM

Thanks Paula ----

I only compared the two in a reference to martyrdom. Alive, they are who they are. Dead by the hand of another, they are martyrs. Im not trying to point out any other similiarities.
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.