BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  6
Author: Subject: Drugs -- small amount OK? Or not OK?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 04:45 AM

guess you all haven't been to Vallarta or Cancun in a while, or ever..........
you can freely buy anything you want from a myriad of beach vendors posing as selling shirts or blankets, then if they surmise you are "cool", they ask if you'd like some motta or lleyo (pot, coke) - and they whip out pre packaged small qtys ready to go for cash! I am not on the stuff myself , but with anonymous friends at their beach-front time share we had all THEY wanted for a week.

I only lick toad backs for sport now. Safe, a mild high, and possession of toads is still a misdemeanor most countries.;)

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 06:36 AM

capt. mike is right about the availability of pot in Mexico, very easy to purchase.;) Licking those toads can cause tongue warts.:o:biggrin:
pangamadness
Nomad

Mood: Under H20

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 07:05 AM
What is that I smell

good work.jpg - 45kB
pangamadness
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 07:07 AM
Gotcha,

pangamadness
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 07:08 AM
Gotcha 2nd try

the load.jpg - 37kB
chino
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 07:32 AM

Lee, I really hope you dont try this, we know of a man who spent 10 years
in Mexicali for a roach.
Last year at a checkpoint the boys found a tobaco pipe that my son had in his luggage, the problem was it was a hash pipe and they couldnt find any pipe tobaco add in the marine base radio in the camper and the two handhelds and I was detained, sitting alone on the ground for what seemed like hours. It didnt take much to build a case!
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 09:34 AM

Back in the Good Ole Days:
Only a Couple of Guys "Sniffing Socks, loaded with Glue"!
In 1976 I was Helping build a Papala with Papa Murillo, when I got a Heat Stroke trying to keep up with him cutting Ojas. My Freinds put me in a Bathtub full of cold water after I became Delerious, then I remember one of the Freinds showing up with a small Pot, with a DOPE Plant growing Tall.
He suggested that it might Help if I smoked some of that Plant Dryed.
Today I do not remember anything until I woke up in the small Clinic in Loreto where I received 16 Bottles of "Swdea". and A shot of 8,000 CC of Potussum saved my Life.
Some time later a group of Federales made a Raid on that Place, saying that since my Airplane was parked on a Small Strip above the Bay, that I must be Hauling DOPE.
Sometime later a Helicoptor Gunner shot and Killed a Hauler just North of that Location.
Also a short time later a 50Ft Yacht loaded with DOPE was Blown out of the Water with a 105 Cannon mounted on a Patrol Boat{Eastside of Carmen}
Some of that Stuff may still be in Good condition; Any divers who would like to Dive and find out can pay my Expenses to Loreto and I will Mark the Location for their Recovery Efforts.

Advice; If you smoke Dope-Buy it after you get to your Destination- Do Not Haul It!!!!
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 11:17 AM

I can cnfirm part of Skeet's story. Acquaintences saw the body of the guy shot from the helo. His panga washed up at San Sebastian.

Word on the street last time I was in Loreto was that the Policia had a storefront where they were selling confiscated drugs of all kinds on the premise that if it was available at a fair price, there would be less crime to get the big money required to buy it on the street. The cops were supposedly telling the chronic users: get a job, earn the money, get it here, but if you steal for the money we're going to MAKE YOU PAY.

There are thoughtful people in this country who think we could learn something from that. There is a lot of illegal weed grown in Northern California. The fact that it has remained illegal has pushed to price up to that of gold. (until the recent escalation of gold prices) Since the illicit product can be grown by anyone on their window sill, a huge amount of our tax dollars are being spent on the cat and mouse game played by law enforcement. This is pretty strange when you consider that the social cost of weed can't begin to compare with that of Tobacco and Alcohol. NOBODY gets jailed for selling the killer drug tobacco to a minor!

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
pargo
Nomad

Mood: Baja Nomas

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 11:38 AM

Uhmm! "Just say no." "D.A.R.E." "Nope to Dope, "ugh to drugs" etc etc. ... What happened to all that?

Hey Pangamadness! looks like you figured out how to send pictures finally. Can you tell this dummy how to do it? purdy plees?
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 11:56 AM
Not that anybody appears to care-------------

---------but in my opinion, generally speaking, ILLEGAL DRUG use is Civilization's most important and distressing problem today, bar none. It WILL eventually bring us as a society to our knees thru shear lack of initiative, un-productivity, and the staggering costs.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 12:00 PM
I'm clean, really

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo

Word on the street last time I was in Loreto was that the Policia had a storefront where they were selling confiscated drugs of all kinds on the premise that if it was available at a fair price, there would be less crime to get the big money required to buy it on the street. The cops were supposedly telling the chronic users: get a job, earn the money, get it here, but if you steal for the money we're going to MAKE YOU PAY.

My initial question might have labeled me as a pothead. I'm actually a reformed pothead, kinda. I could have peeed in a bottle for the past five years and it would be clean enough to pass any test.

Thought Pres. Fox was headed in the right direction -- if it was his idea -- but I know US pressured changing things. And this stuff was news -- LA, SanFran, NYTimes, etc. But I didn't see the follow up.

If someone were to ask me about doing anything illegal in Baja, I'd go out of my way to help them understand that they shouldn't do anything illegal. Including bringing a joint across the border. There is too much pot down South to risk the consequences of getting busted at a checkpoint. I can vouch for that but can't go into it here.

So, if I've created misunderstanding, sorry. For those concerned for my safety, I thank you.

Don't do anything illegal in Baja. Don't speed, full stop at stop signs, don't drive ATVs on the beach. Chill, go slow, have fun.

Regards, and Semper Fi,
:cool:

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pargo
Uhmm! "Just say no." "D.A.R.E." "Nope to Dope, "ugh to drugs" etc etc. ... What happened to all that?

Hey Pangamadness! looks like you figured out how to send pictures finally. Can you tell this dummy how to do it? purdy plees?

Pargo, the secret is to reduce the file size of your photos until they are under 50 kilobytes, as I recall. I use Photoshop, do a "save as" and convert the jpeg to a size under this amount. Generally, I find that you can post a 640x480 photo if you reduce the sliding compression scale down to about 3 (out of 12). Photoshop displays the file size as you slide the compression scale.

If you dont have a photo-editing software that gives you a file size in advance, you will have to adjust the size and compression of the photos, "save as" and then look at the file size after saving. Very time consuming but you should be able to figure out a set parameter for photos from your digital cam that you can use each time.

Then, use the attachment window at the bottom of the "reply" window, browse to the file on your computer......and it should work. If the file is too large, there is no indication of this by the Nomad software. It just doesnt appear.
pargo
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 12:08 PM

Hook, Thanks a mill! The attachment part is what I wasn't sure of.....Durrr.right in front of me the whole time
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 12:12 PM
BTW,

I didnt learn about the peanut butter trick from Skeet. I read it somewhere else.

Now watch, they will start confiscating my Laura Scudder's in G.N. and on the return at San Ysidro in the hopes of getting some stash.

I go into deep withdrawals without my peanut butter.......:mad:

THAT'S my addiction! :lol:

Edit: I need to make this clear. I dont bring dope to Mexico. Alcohol replaced that stuff LONG ago as my method of relaxation.

[Edited on 10-4-2006 by Hook]
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 12:14 PM

Listen to Lee's advice.
pargo
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 12:25 PM

WAY TO BE LEE....stay strong.....OOORAH!
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 12:59 PM
Oh, the hypocracy!

Ah, the hypocracy! God bless Americans
and their repentance. :saint:

You really feel the world will collapse from drug use? Not if the pharmaceutical corps have anything to say about it.:lol:

Our generation has to be the most hypocritical since someone said "just say no"!

Interesting how alcohol isn't an issue until you run over someone or worse. Hey, where's the common sense using any drug?. Not in that bottle.:no:

Who has the power to decide all that for us anyhoo? George Bush? Nancy Reagan? Bill Bennet? Alfred E. Neuman? Maybe Rush Limbaugh? :lol:

No offense but I'd rather take my chances with a lib.;) i.e. less pot-smokers in jail... more child abusers in jail!

Ok people...bring it on!:rolleyes:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Bajamatic
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 01:14 PM

legalize don't criticize

yuletide
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 01:22 PM

The only commet I will add to this debate is.....

If you do decide to transport illeagle Anything, PLEASE, please advise your fellow traveling companions.....I'd like the option of getting out and walking!

Mean people suck!
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2006 at 01:35 PM
We're all in the same boat

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
Ah, the hypocracy! God bless Americans
and their repentance. :saint:

You really feel the world will collapse from drug use? Not if the pharmaceutical corps have anything to say about it.:lol:

No offense but I'd rather take my chances with a lib.;) i.e. less pot-smokers in jail... more child abusers in jail!

Ok people...bring it on!:rolleyes:

Somewhere, awhile back, I heard someone say that alcoholics are looking for God. On some level, I think that's true. I'm not getting into a religious rant here. (I come from a large family of cops and drug addicts, sad to say.)

Drugs numb the pain. How do we deal with pain? Some have the core strenght to say no, and tough life out. Others are weak and need help. In many years of law enforcement, I never busted someone for having less than an ounce for personal possession. But I've worked with cops who said they don't care if it's a joint or a pound, pot is illegal and you're busted. That sucks.

So, the war on drugs is a joke. Throwing drug users in jail -- tweakers and junkies alike -- without rehab, is also a joke. I know.

Let's take the damn millions we're spending everyday in Iraq and help the people at home. If that sounds democratic or liberal, then so be it. Prisons are useless for drug offenders. And just saying no is a cliche.

More drug treatment clinics and people who are willing not to judge their brothers and sisters who are lost?

Peace Love and Understand (yes, and fish tacos) might be a start. I'm pushing 60, a product of the 60s (Berkeley) and drugs are symtomatic of a deeper problem. Been there, done that.

So many problems, so little time. Maybe just do a little everyday to make the world a better place?

Regards,

:coolup:

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
 Pages:  1    3    5  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.