BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  
Author: Subject: Drugs -- small amount OK? Or not OK?
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 04:28 AM

Next Post:
Being from the Time that there was not very much DOPE around, I have observed many Changes during those Years.Being a Hobo for a couple of years, riding the Rails, Hitching, Walking, I do not remember any DOPE use, only Tokay, Muscat, if you include Wine as a Drug.
The 60's, Berkeley, The Flower children, The Hippies, started the change in our Culture some Good-Some Bad.
Being a Student in Criminalogy-Police Officer did affect my life in many ways.
We could all dwell on the Past, as I sometimes do, and never agree on the Basic Causes of DOPE use.

However , that being said, I would like to Know:
What can we do Now and in the Future about the Criminal use of DOPE????

Skeet/Loreto
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 07:39 AM
This Bud's for you...

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Next Post:
Being a Student in Criminalogy-Police Officer did affect my life in many ways.
We could all dwell on the Past, as I sometimes do, and never agree on the Basic Causes of DOPE use.

How about it's just fun, sometimes? Like a Pacifico con limon in a chilled glass?

Anything in moderation?

Regards,

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
bigzaggin
Nomad

Mood: way too ites

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 08:05 AM
Please STOP...

CAPITALIZING the word DOPE every time you SAY it. I feel like I am being YELLED at by a COP. Wait..am I? And congrats on noting a POSSIBLE "division [between] Hollywood/Religion people," my votegetter for astute observation of the year.

But ENOUGH about with bickering! Let's talk BAJA! Let's have som fun! Isn't that why we're here!??!? Okay, I'll go first:

What is the most beautiful campsite in all of Baja: The bluff at La Fonda OR the lot at San Miguel? Tough call! Thoughts????
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 08:13 AM

Just don't inhale it

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 08:36 AM
Bigzaggin

Now that you have said the most important words--"Let's talk Baja" and the sillyness of the (small letters) dope thing is past (cops really do not need to holler) I vote for my place of 26 years at La Salina--I could be at either of the other places you mentioned in about 20 minutes.

Oh! Yes, most of the old timers know I was a cop for over 25 years so you guys might as well know it also.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 09:07 AM
Grover

Oso forgot to mention that excessive use has a tendency to turn the drinker into A BEAR.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 09:40 AM

O.K. Lee!! Make you a Deal! Get some of the Posters from calling us "Ole Fogeys", Religious Nuts, etc. tne that way I will not have to spell dope-DOPE. Do we have a Deal???

This board is Great, because of its People-Not there Opinions- Lera and I are complete opposites in Politics but we are still Friends!
Baja Bus uses his Signature to Downgrade Bush_ I sometimes mention the "Wimp" along with that Great Company Haliaburton.

So relax and enjoy Baja and its People- as I have since 1968- Maybe enough to stop Smoking{if you Do} If that would Happen , I would be content that "The Prayer of Jabez" is working!-See Chron 1 4:10 in the King James Bible.

Anon The Preacher
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 09:55 AM

Is Jabez a relative of Jaba the Hutt?
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

lol.gif posted on 10-5-2006 at 11:48 AM
Hey Skeet

" Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things." (Gen 9:3).

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 12:10 PM

You guys are tooooo funny!

Newbies: Welcome! Good to see the 'oldies' have someone new to argue with. (as suggested, ya might want to do a search, this has been debated many, many times) good to see that everyone is being polite (it got pretty ugly in the past) this time I'm enjoying it. (go figure?)

Skeeter, Luv ya still......your wisdom, if abit harsh at times, is always appreceited. Hugs, Debra

Mean people suck!
Bajamatic
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 12:30 PM

I was wondering when the autocrats would chime in.

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto

if you consider wine a drug....

What can we do Now and in the Future about the Criminal use of DOPE????

Skeet/Loreto

The same thing you old fogeys did with wine - LEGALIZE IT.

yuletide
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 12:33 PM
Sure alot of cops here....

.... feeling just like home. Must be the Baja climate.

The search engine is great. What some great threads back when with everyone getting along saying some very intelligent and thoughtfull things. This is a great group. Sure glad I found you all.

Best camp grounds: Cerritos (before it got populated); San Pedrito (before it closed).

Regards,

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

F*ck it.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 12:33 PM

Guess the bottom line is that some drugs are legal, some aren't. When you break the law and get nailed, your life can take a downward turn. Jail, on either side of the border isn't a fun thing.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 12:37 PM
Why no bios or location....

..... for those who have been around a few posts?

I check out most people to see where they're coming from. Just a thought.:o

Regards,

F*ck it.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 02:23 PM
Lee

I also check the folks out just as anyone should--but I doubt that you will get much action on bio's. You'll just have to read between the lines with a lot of folks.

If they wanted to give a history they would start with their real names--but only a few of us have for whatever reason.

I normally try not to hijack threads but this one has gone in so many directions I don't even feel bad in answering you.

A little more about me--I am one of the old resident conservatives who does not talk dirty when discussing things with other folks who think on their own.

Oh! Yeah! I write books on Baja. See my website.

bigzaggin
Nomad

Mood: way too ites

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 02:36 PM
And I suppose...

we should expect complete disclosure online? I mean, the internet is a KNOWN bastion of transparency. C'MON PEOPLE - they're called "SCREEN NAMES." How totally colorless would chats & forums be if populated by folks names "Jeff Stevens" and "Ted Johnson."

But seriously, let's get back to the business of sharing our collective Baja expertise. I'll go first: The best place in all of Baja to experience TRUE local culture and come to REALLY know the people is the Rosarito Beach Hotel...especially on Memorial Day Weekend.

Anyone else?
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 03:19 PM
Feel the love

Quote:
Originally posted by bigzaggin
But seriously, let's get back to the business of sharing our collective Baja expertise. I'll go first: The best place in all of Baja to experience TRUE local culture and come to REALLY know the people is the Rosarito Beach Hotel...especially on Memorial Day Weekend.

Anyone else?

I LOVE La Paz, Loreto for culture. Down right hate the driving/drivers in La Paz, though.

Regards,

F*ck it.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 03:23 PM
Fine with me

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
I also check the folks out just as anyone should--but I doubt that you will get much action on bio's. You'll just have to read between the lines with a lot of folks.

There are a few things I'll talk about in person but won't write about here or anywhere else. No problema. Comprendo.

I'll be ordering some books, Bernie. Thanks for getting them out there.

San Diego use to be a great town. Still is I guess.

Regards,

F*ck it.
Bajamatic
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 03:25 PM

I really like the bluffs at K-38. If you wedge yourself between the ramshackle places there you can pop a tent and nobody bothers you - might be my favorite spot to sip Victorias and watch the sunset.

yuletide
bancoduo
Banned

[*] posted on 10-5-2006 at 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso
Better quit that ALCOHOL! Apparently it will turn you into a homosexual, rabidly antisemitic, pedophilic, hoar-mongering, reckless-driving, wife-beating, larcenous, bribe-taking, car-shooting, secretary-drowning, rapist with halitosis. All through no fault of your own, of course.:rolleyes:
Thats me! Only takes one cerveza.:tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble:
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.